Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG (21205 Views)

FG Pays Ikoyi Whistle-blower N421m; Jets Out Of The Country / We Don’t Want Ikoyi Whistle-blower To Run Mad – Sagay / BUHARI: APC Uses Stories Of Loot Recoveries To Divert Nigerians' Attention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by falconey(m): 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
The Federal Government has approved payment of not more than five per cent of the recovered loot to any successful whistle blower, who provides relevant information leading to the recovered funds.
The Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, made this known when briefing State House correspondents on the outcome of the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Wednesday.

She said the council approved a Whistle Blowing policy aimed at consolidating the ongoing anti-corruption campaign embarked upon by the present administration.
Adeosun said the policy would soon be supported by a bill already receiving due attention of the National Assembly.
Kemi Adeosun
According to her, adequate measures are being taken to protect and safe guard the lives and identities of whistle blowers.

“If you whistle-blow in public-spirit and in good faith, you will be protected.
“If you feel that you have been treated badly because of your report, you can file a formal complaint.
“If you have suffered harassment, intimidation or victimisation for sharing your concerns, restitution will be made for any loss suffered.”
Adeosun also said that Federal Government had begun payment of December salaries to enable civil servants to celebrate the Christmas and New Year.
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr Babatunde Fashola, also disclosed that the council has approved the construction of the Second Niger Bridge through the Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) scheme.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/whistle-blower-receive-5-loot-recovered-fg/

Lalasticlala

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Airforce1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Lol
Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Babacele: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
make una start with Hon. Jibrin.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by falconey(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Airforce1:
Lol

What's funny?

11 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Airforce1(m): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
I would rather mind my business than sticking my nose in an another man's wealth

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
Ladies and gentlemen, pls take note of this very important caveat before you "pound the alarm"

The Federal Government has approved payment of not more than five per cent of the recovered loot to any successful whistle blower, who provides relevant information leading to the recovered funds......

The FG has to prove to us that they can appropriately shield the identity and guarantee protection of the whistle blower. Else, knowing Nigeria for who we are, if you blow whistle anyhow, you would blow the final whistle in heaven.

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Sandydayziz(f): 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Which route's the investigation gonna take?
Don't wanna hear 'We'll work on it' as the case might be
Nd what's gonna be d punishment of those found guilty? undecided

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by three: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Corrupting Anti Corruption

Which one is in good faith again?

3 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
Make I run buy whistle!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Onyemadonald(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
off to go and buy my whistle

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by three: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2016

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by thesicilian: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Stupid policy, as usual

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by canalily(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
Where is my whistle and registration cardundecided Iya Dami come and see small chopinsen
Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by ajbf: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Mass homecide is looming.

7 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Why be a whistle blower and after going through the bureaucratic wahala that is typical of Nigerian institutions, end up with one 5%which even the guys giving you will demand their share leaving u with little. I can alternatively "settle" with the crooks who will give me the same 5% or more and I dont need to share it with nobody wink

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by gpatern: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
This govt self, which one con be whistle blower again.anyway i don tire to dey wait for MMM don postpone my christmas till January 14.
Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by fkdmods: 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
Airforce1:
I would rather mind my business than sticking my nose in an another man's wealth

Smh.

9 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by lakesider(m): 4:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
nice development

4 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Harwoyeez(m): 4:56pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmmm....naija my kontry where everything is subject to abuse....let's see how they go about it

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Omeokachie: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
Will they also be given life sentences if found to have falsely accused someone?

3 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by ayindejimmy(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
This's encouraging. Let's hope it works. Cos policies aren't problem in Nigeria but the enforcement of policies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by sammyj: 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
How am I sure this money would be paid when the FG refused and delayed the payment of our Falcons allowances after winning the women's nations cup. Secondly What happens to the security of the whistle blower after reporting and receiving the 5% shocked tongue

8 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Charly68: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
Wait ooo let me take my calculator...
Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Appliedmaths(m): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
Even the govt. be teaching you how to snitch...

10 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Femich18(m): 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
...5% wow... Nice move

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Pavore9: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
Former aides of some politicians may want to cash in. grin

7 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Jakasibo(m): 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
Before i go blow my own whistle FG should give two soldiers that will be following me Upadan coz i no fit risk my life o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Rick9(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by falconey(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Femich18:
...5% wow... Nice move

imagine the culprit stole #1billion

1 Like

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by hedonistic: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
What? So they want to elevate snitching to a national sport.

10 Likes

Re: Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG by Lasskeey: 5:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
cheesy...... GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE COOL CASH grin grin grin

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ibrahim El-Zakzaky Charged With Murder / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 / Maria Garcia Arrives Nigeria - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.