Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It (589 Views)

Coronavirus: Lockdowns Around The World Bring Rise In Domestic Violence / "Divorce Should Be Celebrated, Its Rise Is A Good Thing" - Nkechi Bianze / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It by balash(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2017
The high rate of depression amongst Nigerians lately has been on a high rise, we always believe it's a white man disease until we realize lately almost everyday in Nigeria the high rate of suicide is rising,

A medical doctor jumped from 3rd mainland bridge into the water yesterday and just two days ago a man killed himself because he couldn't pay his rents.

Where is this issues brewing from and what do you believe we can do to curb this devilish mindset from Nigerians, we are known as the nation who are scared to die talkless of killing ourselves. Where did we get it all wrong
Re: Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It by Nobody: 10:42am On Apr 07, 2017
Pls do speak up and get help.
Re: Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2017
I think we have to first recognize that depression is an illness like any physical illness. Something doesn't necessarily have to go wrong before one becomes depressed. We should be more observent more caring. We shouldnt be afraid to ask people if they are feeling depressed and if they are having thoughts on commiting suicide. If I think something is wrong with a person, I should ask them. How are you feeling? I noticed you have been acting different, is there something you want to talk about? If someone mentions feeling suicidal don't just tell them to pray about it or dismiss their feelings. Encourage them seek professional help.
I remember the comments on the guy that posted his last message on Fb. People were encouraging him to commit suicide and that he wasnt serious. That Fb post might have been a cry for help.
Re: Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2017
Don't seat in a corner waiting for miracle, speak up and get help..it pays that way.
Re: Depression On The Rise In Nigeria, How Do We Curb It by Alennsar(f): 9:33pm On May 26, 2017
salaam @Balash pls I sent you an email and I will be expecting your response so as to be able to chat further.

(1) (Reply)

High Suicidal Rates, Marriage Collapses: The Whys And Wherefores / Polygamy Do Not Stop Some Men From Cheating On Their Wives. / UNBELIEVABLE !! 1-year-old Ran Over Twice By Reversing Car, Survives Unharmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.