Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? (2653 Views)

Amazing Engineering Work: London Tower Bridge Was Opened In My Presence. / Immigration Has Opened Their Portal For Recruitment Again! ;D / Nigerian Army's Campaign In The North Eastern Theatre (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by AloyEmeka9: 6:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
Eziachi:

The word "surgery" in medicine can mean just a consulting place you sees a medical person, not necessarily that they perfom open surgical operation there. I cannot see any modern doctor that will deliberately treat a person in an environment like that, unless in an emergency situation where you have not much of an option.

Opening someone up, while floating on trillions algea, bacterias and  other disease causing organism will be legalised suicide. We often get infection in a well control environment, let alone on filty box like that in the picture.

Probably, it was just a dispensary where they offers just prescription and patent medications.  But you know how addicted our people are for big names. A small snake always turns into a pyton

Good analysis.
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by proudly9ja(m): 6:28pm On Dec 22, 2009
In this case, this is actually a surgery where surgical operations are carried out. I think you all should actually watch the video link shown below before jumping to conclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HFIcast
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by kashcraft: 6:32pm On Dec 22, 2009
HI EVERYONE,
KINDLY VISIT THIS LINK
http://www.info-mart.com/affiliates/?affid=76107&p_id=579

WARM REGARDS

KASHCRAFT
EXPERTOLORUNTOBA@GMAIL.COM
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by AloyEmeka9: 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2009
proudly9ja:

In this case, this is actually a surgery where surgical operations are carried out. I think you all should actually watch the video link shown below before jumping to conclusion.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HFIcast

Did you see the roof of that building?. How do they control the temperature inside that structure?. They may perform 22 surgeries there in 4 hours but it's very unhealthy and I guess they performed minor surgeries because opening the internal organs in that environment is a murder attempt. The government should just relocate the whole Makoko to the mainland.
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by Nobody: 2:29am On Dec 23, 2009
aloy emeka can you go check the hospitals in your village abi shame no go gree you?
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by proudly9ja(m): 3:28am On Dec 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Did you see the roof of that building?. How do they control the temperature inside that structure?. They may perform 22 surgeries there in 4 hours but it's very unhealthy and I guess they performed minor surgeries because opening the internal organs in that environment is a murder attempt. The government should just relocate the whole Makoko to the mainland.

My grouse is still that we can sit behind a computer screen and condemn. I mean if you had said that you visited the place and noticed these things or you tell me from your 'expertise' point of view then maybe I will listen to your views. As you saw on the vid, the people doing this thing (both Nigerians and Foreigners) are not novices in the building and medical lines. I therefore do not think they would not have thought of minimum standards to be met.

I have not been to the site myself but I have taken time to follow up through via videas and docs available. I am also not saying it is perfect. All I am saying is that it is very unfair to the initiators of this project for us to sit in our homes and condemn their effort based on pictures spread on the net. If at all we want to criticize, objective critisism is needed here, more especially when most of us cannot point to one thing we can boast about that we have done for our local community.
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by proudly9ja(m): 3:32am On Dec 23, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

For your questions raised, have you sought to find out how temperature is controlled in the buildings? or what kind of surgeries are being performed? The FACT is that they have performed 22 surgeries i.e 22 potential life/permanent disability savers in that same structure you have roundly condemned. And guess what, they did it for free!
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by AloyEmeka9: 3:37am On Dec 24, 2009
For the last time, performing 22 surgeries there does not suffice for high standards. The underlying factor here is the environment underneath the theater and it's effect on the facility. For sure, that structure will have molds in no distant time and you know the health implication of molds .
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by Kobojunkie: 5:12am On Dec 24, 2009
Roflmao!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by proudly9ja(m): 5:25am On Dec 24, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

For the last time, performing 22 surgeries there does not suffice for high standards. The underlying factor here is the environment underneath the theater and it's effect on the facility. For sure, that structure will have molds in no distant time and you know the health implication of molds .

And also for the last time hope you saw the vid and realised that there were dctors and proper engineers involved in the building and location of that structure. Dont you think that these people would have put your fears into consideartion before locating it at that place? Or as big as Lagos is, you think they just woke up in the morning and took it to Makoko?

I think Il rather trust the 'professionals' who built this structure and are building more than someone who has only seen it via his computer screen. HOwever, if you have more information apart from the picture, I have no qualms changing my point of view.
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by OAM4J: 7:30am On Dec 24, 2009
A case of Ideal vs Reality.

Unfortunately we do not live in an Ideal world, Nigeria is far from an Ideal world, Makoko is even farther from ideal world.

The people who came up with this initiative definitely must have seen the need before coming up with the Idea.

Why will someone waste his time, money and energy providing a service that is not needful or where they have a better alternative.

Who knows how many people have suffered, become hadicapped or died due to lack of such facilities especially in cases of emergency.

It is not an Ideal theater, but am damm sure it is needful and it is serving a purpose.
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by proudly9ja(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2009
OAM4J:

A case of Ideal vs Reality.

Unfortunately we do not live in an Ideal world, Nigeria is far from an Ideal world, Makoko is even farther from ideal world.

The people who came up with this initiative definitely must have seen the need before coming up with the Idea.

Why will someone waste his time, money and energy providing a service that is not needful or where they have a better alternative.

Who knows how many people have suffered, become hadicapped or died due to lack of such facilities especially in cases of emergency.

It is not an Ideal theater, but am damm sure it is needful and it is serving a purpose.

c'est fini!
Re: Will You Allow Your Belly Opened In This Modern Surgical Theatre? by MistadeRegal(m): 1:39pm On May 07, 2013
Andre Uweh: It depends on what is inside the theatre. You may have a fine looking theatre and inside it is ill-equipped.
Looks does not matter. What matters is: Diathermy
Laminal flow, temperature reading, operating lights, functioning operating tables and trolley,
functioning anaesthetic machine, suctioning machine, ventilated room,
sterile packs and instruments.
ETC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I’m Not Planning To Abandon Atiku – Ibb / Did Prof. Wole Soyinka Call Dame Patience Jonathan A Hippopotamus?! / US, Boko Haram, If Nigerians Let This Happen, They'll Forever Keep Regretting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.