Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook (93129 Views)

Please I Need Help In Solving This Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 6 / Primary 4 Pupil Constructs 'Gun' In Borno. Recovered In School. Photos / Quantitative Reasoning For Basic 5 (pg 34) Solution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by chillingbabe: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
easy
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
grin Nice one, i was very sure sm1 else will solve. Guess whats? itsa done. Gud jab
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by carinmom(f): 1:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:
Come in here guys. Need your help with this.
carinmom
UltraLeslie1
African101
Otesh22
bennyzer
Funpeter
Jozprecious
larnrry
benson91
darlingnuel

I can solve QT better than this primary sch wahala cheesy
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Rayman5(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
How can 3undergraduates find division and multiplication difficult huh undecidedHow can 3undergraduates find division and multiplication difficult huh
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by dominique(f): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
gud4dbest:

simple:139*3=417
258*2=516 so no 1 is 113*5=565,d missing no is 6.qns 2 is 996 divided by 3 =332 so d missing no is 3 etc

Is this not too much for a 7/8 year old?

1 Like

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by anigbajumo(m): 1:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
I can't bliv this,av spent over 10mins on this questions. like joke like joke I no gat it,this is serious......

Let me send it to my younger sister on watsapp,I will recheck back in the night,an somehow busy now....

This is 3much mehn!!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by gud4dbest(m): 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
owji:

I hope you r really this smart

when it comes to mental maths like this, you dont think too far, you just av to reason at their(pry 4pupils) level. Cheers!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by gud4dbest(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
dominique:

Is this not too much for a 7/8 year old?

actually you may say so.nevertheless, nobody has the beforehand hint to solve a particular Q/A question;you just av to reason it out just as they would also no matter how long it would take to unravel it.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Bollinger(m): 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
UltraLeslie1:
Did you say Primary 4 pupils ? Damn tough for their age.

Tough for any age. Those kinds of questions were in an asvab test i took more than a decade ago. I just skipped that part of the exam.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by oruma19: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2017
answer #1= 6, #2 = 3, #3 = 4, #4 = 6, #5 =2
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Jobabori(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2017
I observed that most of the home works been given to Primary School children now are indirectly given to their parents to solve as most of them are beyond the cognitive capacity of the children. As parents or others like the OP are the one actually doing it, the children gain nothing from such tasks. Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) should wake up to their responsibilities by assessing these books and determine the age cohorts they are meant for. Developmental milestones should be the guiding principle for the authors and publishers not trying to impress the parents who are mostly illiterates or partially educated.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by koppa(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
tohpahz:
Multiply the upper numbers by d center number to get d lower ones.. Easy
hey dear, been a while
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Eldee54321(m): 2:04pm On Mar 21, 2017
The answer to the question is with the teachers...they don't stress themselves in marking them cos the publisher av already given them another book that contain all the answer to d questions...
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Jessyjack(f): 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2017
4+3=7..3×3=9...1×1=1....
but the second example is quite difficult... lemme study it well... yet to know where the 5 is coming from...
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by gud4dbest(m): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
Jobabori:
I observed that most of the home works been given to Primary School children now are indirectly given to their parents to solve as most of them are beyond the cognitive capacity of the children. As parents or others like the OP are the one actually doing it, the children gain nothing from such tasks. Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council (NERDC) should wake up to their responsibilities by assessing these books and determine the age cohorts they are meant for. Developmental milestones should be the guiding principle for the authors and publishers not trying to impress the parents who are mostly illiterates or partially educated.

GBAM.but the teacher that gave this as an assignment should have solved 1 as an example better still explain the example that comes with it to the pupils.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Very easy, i know the answer
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Godsate: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
Is not that tough. You only need to reason like pry 4 pupil
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by eROCK247(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
Kylekent59:
My advise is that u look at d back of the book,you are going to see the contact of publisher. Call him and I think he can show u d solution.

This really got me laughing my heart out!
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Jarus(m): 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:
See What I Saw In A Primary 4 Textbook

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate.

A primary 4 lantern quantitative reasoning question was brought to me and being that I was an undergraduate, I was like... 'Izit noh just a primary 4 work? Bring it jare and lemme dissect it'. Little did I know it was tough! Oboi! Was it tough. Hell yeah! So tough to the extent that myself and two other undergraduates weren't able to solve it.

It shattered my pride (or what was left it) so much so that I had to lie to those who gave me, telling them that I've not looked so much into it. So my nairaland brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, teachers and students. Should this type of question be given to a primary 4 student? If you can solve it, please do. wink

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate, don't you think?

Bro, I did this in primary 4. School pass school o
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Phi001(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2017
I'm sure I would have found the pattern when I was in primary four...as I'm seeing Laplace transform and Bayesian Inference, I can't be thinking the same way again...

anyway, somebody already solved it...no need to bother again...

1 Like

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by UltraLeslie1: 2:30pm On Mar 21, 2017
Bollinger:

Tough for any age. Those kinds of questions were in an asvab test i took more than a decade ago. I just skipped that part of the exam.
Lolz. And to think kids today are more addicted toTV and mobile games
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by XaintJoel20: 2:35pm On Mar 21, 2017
Whenever my nephews bring their quantitative reasoning for assistance, I look for flimsy excuse to avoid them...

Make them no come fall brother hand.

I beats my imagination how they solve it with ease now...

Those boys are geniuses.
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by sirusX(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
XaintJoel20:
Whenever my nephews bring their quantitative reasoning for assistance, I look for flimsy excuse to avoid them...

Make them no come fall brother hand.
Lol cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Kylekent59: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
And it has been solved
139*3=417

417/3=139. For primary 4 dat time I sabi am. Hahahaha
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by mcdizzle(m): 3:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
This is the original of the book you bought.. Stop circulating fake information based on fake products... Nigerians

Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
gud4dbest:

GBAM.but the teacher that gave this as an assignment should have solved 1 as an example better still explain the example that comes with it to the pupils.
They do most times but they tend to solve the easy ones although not all
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I swear! How did your mind even go there?

If you still haven't gotten it, you're to read the top as a whole number (not three separate numbers) and read the bottom as a whole number. The top × the middle number is the bottom

139 × 3 = 417
258 × 2 = 516

Cc nne5

Hiaaaa, how is a pry 4 pupil expected to think that much?
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by owji: 3:22pm On Mar 21, 2017
gud4dbest:

when it comes to mental maths like this, you dont think too far, you just av to reason at their(pry 4pupils) level. Cheers!
u right
Re: Quantitative Reasoning For Primary 4 Textbook by shumuel(m): 3:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
SirMichael1:
See What I Saw In A Primary 4 Textbook

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate.

A primary 4 lantern quantitative reasoning question was brought to me and being that I was an undergraduate, I was like... 'Izit noh just a primary 4 work? Bring it jare and lemme dissect it'. Little did I know it was tough! Oboi! Was it tough. Hell yeah! So tough to the extent that myself and two other undergraduates weren't able to solve it.

It shattered my pride (or what was left it) so much so that I had to lie to those who gave me, telling them that I've not looked so much into it. So my nairaland brothers and sisters, nephews and nieces, teachers and students. Should this type of question be given to a primary 4 student? If you can solve it, please do. wink

Quantitative reasoning for primary school should not be an IQ test question for an undergraduate, don't you think?

angry Op unto dis small thing na him you write epistle ? And lalasticlala toke it to FP undecided i thought we trash this quesstion last year or so ?

Anyways Op, like i said then stop treating a simple basic school QR question as Further Maths because it's not Further maths rather it's simple Addition, Multiplication, Subtraction and Division now having said that the answer to your question is: Multiply the top numbers by the middle number and you will arrive the below number, or Divide the below numbers by the middle number and you will have the top number, it's ver very very simple.

Op shame on you and your friend, go to school and read your books, you will not instead you'll be craming and be looking for Roman goddess picture online and be reading meaningless articles, mtcheeew! grin

Let me give you an example so you will understand.

369 = 123 * 3 = 369 and 369/3 = 123

Got it ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kwara State Polytechnic 2014 / 2015 Admission Thread / Which Is Correct : A Honest Or An Honest Man? / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.