Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,589 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

How Do I Handle This Scammer? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Handle This Scammer? (876 Views)

Be Careful Of This Scammer (photos) / Please Help Me Fish Out This Scammer Benny Charles Eghegheose / South Africans Torture An ATM Cards Scammer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2017
it started last year, 2016 when my brother in Germany called he needs an agent who will help him process his daughter's visa to join him there. I contacted my univetsity friend who stays in Abuja and who i know then he is into traveling stuff. He promised to do it within 2weeks, we agreed on the fees. I asked him to process it when the visa is out I will pay him the fee he said that won't have been a problem but the last one he processed with his money, the guy travelled out through Libya and no one to pay for that visa and as such, I must pay 50% before he can begin the process which I did and sent him the girls passport and transferred 250k.

i did Cox this guy used to be the most cool headed guy among us then. I was surprised when he sent me an embassy invitation of another country we did not bargain for saying the girl did not need to come to abuja that he knows how to handle the issue of show up. I confronted him on the country He said He applied for two countries and this one came out first the other country is not yet out. He started demanding for more money which I decline Cox i have already sensed a fowl play.
At a time he called me that the visa was out for more than a month I did not see visa. He later called me again it was not out.
To cut the story short, Over four months now this guy has been playing all sort of games, The other time he told me he will refund my money by Jnuary 15th but till date, I have not seen money nor international passport. I plan to travel to Abuja any moment from now but I need your candid advice on the best way to handle him by arresting him or taking laws into my hands and wait for the consequences Cox sometimes police don't help matters. I base in Lagos
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Okuda(m): 1:34pm On Mar 21, 2017
Is your relative in germany a fugitive or an illegal immigrant there? If not, why would he not go through the normal process of getting his child to be with him in germany? Something is definitely fishy somewhere
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by dopedealer(m): 1:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
I would v advised you write a petition
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by ikp120(m): 2:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
Why didn't you use registered a organisation that does that kinda stuff? undecided
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 8:49am On Mar 22, 2017
Thank you for this advice. I think this is what I will do. I will surely travel to Abj soon BT don't know how to go about writing petition.

dopedealer:
I would v advised you write a petition against him through Dss. Attaching every relevant document as evidence/ proof with dates of transaction. But now that u r both in diff states. Where do u submit your petition? I advice you submit In abuja but u v to b ard bcus they will also need you after picking the guy up.
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2017
He works with a registered firm but it seems he didn't involve his company.

ikp120:
Why didn't you use registered a organisation that does that kinda stuff? undecided
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2017
he entered there ad an immigrant years ago. He had come home more thank five time. He is not longer illegal immigrants. He didn't declare he has a child there. so it will difficult for him to process the visa with his name that is why he wanted to use an agent

Okuda:
Is your relative in germany a fugitive or an illegal immigrant there? If not, why would he not go through the normal process of getting his child to be with him in germany? Something is definitely fishy somewhere
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by ikp120(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2017
Growingboi:
He works with a registered firm but it seems he didn't involve his company.

Hmmm. Report to the firm and law enforcement agencies.
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by dopedealer(m): 9:43am On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=Growingboi post=54826738]Thank you for this advice. I think this is what I will do. I will surely travel to Abj soon BT don't know how to go about writing petition.

[/quo
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Okuda(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2017
Growingboi:
he entered there ad an immigrant years ago. He had come home more thank five time. He is not longer illegal immigrants. He didn't declare he has a child there. so it will difficult for him to process the visa with his name that is why he wanted to use an agent

Well, It depends on how old the child is. If she is still within the adoptable age under the german law, he can file for her as an adopted child or as a guardian and have her come to meet him but its a very long process but in the end its better than all these nonsense agents and bla bla... They cannot help him!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2017
I believe she is above adoptable age now Cox she's 18.

Okuda:

Well, It depends on how old the child is. If she is still within the adoptable age under the german law, he can file for her as an adopted child or as a guardian and have her come to meet him but its a very long process but in the end its better than all these nonsense agents and bla bla... They cannot help him!
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 11:35am On Mar 22, 2017
I sent you a PM
dopedealer:

Drop ur email or contact i will get in touch with u
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Okuda(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2017
Growingboi:
I believe she is above adoptable age now Cox she's 18.

yea it would be a big problem for him....except he can reduce her age if it would make her look younger and if she actually is younger. But i think the acceptable age for adooption is around 12-14 or so.. anything above that would be totally difficult
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Okuda(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2017
dopedealer:
I would v advised you write a petition against him through Dss. Attaching every relevant document as evidence/ proof with dates of transaction. But now that u r both in diff states. Where do u submit your petition? I advice you submit In abuja but u v to b ard bcus they will also need you after picking the guy up.

So DSS now is for every pettty theif and criminal. You guys are a bunch of jokes.
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2017
thank you for your concern. once I recover the money I would think of the next step to take.

Okuda:

yea it would be a big problem for him....except he can reduce her age if it would make her look younger and if she actually is younger. But i think the acceptable age for adooption is around 12-14 or so.. anything above that would be totally difficult
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
if you have a better way of handling such issue you can as well assist than calling us jokers
Okuda:

So DSS now is for every pettty theif and criminal. You guys are a bunch of jokes.
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Okuda(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2017
Growingboi:
if you have a better way of handling such issue you can as well assist than calling us jokers

I am not referring to you, I am referring to the person I quoted and people who think like the person I quoted.
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by dopedealer(m): 1:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
Okuda:

I am not referring to you, I am referring to the person I quoted and people who think like the person I quoted.

Who you epp
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by dopedealer(m): 1:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Okuda:

If your brother chop ur dinner pls report to dss
Re: How Do I Handle This Scammer? by Growingboi(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
I understand bro, the person was trying to give me an idea so we are both involved. like I said of you have a better option you can provide

Okuda:

(1) (Reply)

Evans Now An English Word Meaning Kidnap ..?? Lol... / Shoprite Sales Girl Arraigned In Court For Stealing 553.9 Million Naira / 'igbos Are Fools , Their Young Ladies Are Whores' - Kwara State Cop Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.