Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Can Anyone Explain These? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Anyone Explain These? (1000 Views)

Creationists Explain These Facts About Ensatina / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Can Anyone Explain This Christian Logic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 7:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
Funny it all started with the recent suicide by the doctor that jumped off the 3rd mainland bridge. Some felt it was a spiritual attack.
It suddenly culminated into argument with some colleagues and these questions posed a conundrum. Any explanations?

1. Reincarnation
We've heard stories of a husband whose wife decided to trace his background by going to his hometown with his picture only to be told he had died years ago and was even taken to his burial ground. Upon return to her home, the husband had vanished and never to be seen again.

2. Odeshi
I'm sure we've all heard that bullets bounced of certain warriors, armed robbers and even cultists. How does this Odeshi work?

3. Witchcraft & Marine Spirits
No matter where you grew up in the world, there's a witch near you. Usual suspects are the old women and the very young. Of course there's always one confession in church.
And we've all heard of men who picked up hitchhikers only for them to transform in the middle of the night.

4. Rituals
The name Ezeego rings bells across the nation for money rituals. People go to extreme lengths to escape poverty. From sacrificing close relatives to kidnapping unlucky victims, one-chance buses, etc.

Are these mere hearsays or actual occurences?
I'm of the opinion that Nollywood is to blame but my colleagues claim they know some people who experienced these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Ken4Christ: 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
No one can claim absolute knowledge of all things but the one we know, we will talk about.

I will only respond to the first one.

The Bible says,

Hebrews 9:27.
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

So it is only once a man dies. Who then was the other man the woman got married to bearing the same identify? It is a familiar spirit that took up human flesh.

Stories of spirits in human flesh are common stories.
As soon as the spirit knew that they found out about the death of the man, he disappeared.

If he was a normal human being, he would not know about the investigation they went to carry out.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by LePrezident(m): 7:27am On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:
Funny it all started with the recent suicide by the doctor that jumped off the 3rd mainland bridge. Some felt it was a spiritual attack.
It suddenly culminated into argument with some colleagues and these questions posed a conundrum. Any explanations?

1. Reincarnation
We've heard stories of a husband whose wife decided to trace his background by going to his hometown with his picture only to be told he had died years ago and was even taken to his burial ground. Upon return to her home, the husband had vanished and never to be seen again.

2. Odeshi
I'm sure we've all heard that bullets bounced of certain warriors, armed robbers and even cultists. How does this Odeshi work?

No matter where you grew up in the world, there's a witch near you. Usual suspects are the old women and the very young. Of course there's always one confession in church.
And we've all heard of men who picked up hitchhikers only for them to transform in the middle of the night.

4. Rituals
The name Ezeego rings bells across the nation for money rituals. People go to extreme lengths to escape poverty. From sacrificing close relatives to kidnapping unlucky victims, one-chance buses, etc.

I'm of the opinion that Nollywood is to blame but my colleagues claim they know some people who experienced these.

You mean you don't believe in any of the spititualities at all?
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 22, 2017
Ken4Christ:
No one can claim absolute knowledge of all things but the one we know, we will talk about.

The Bible says,

So it is only once a man dies. Who then was the other man the woman got married to bearing the same identify? It is a familiar spirit that took up human flesh.

As soon as the spirit knew that they found out about the death of the man, he disappeared.

If he was a normal human being, he would not know about the investigation they went to carry out.
Lazarus died twice.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by ifenes(m): 11:37am On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:

1. Reincarnation

2. Odeshi

4. Rituals

These are stuff folks should have been taught as kids. But religion destroys knowledge and produces confused adults.

Reincarnation is part of life cycle and shouldn't be a big deal. Every life forms are linked, we live in the "Now" in parallel realities. Every possible lives we are living are happening now.Reincarnation is an Illusion like Time that helps us experience them in separate time. Defeat the Illusion of Time and you will will see the hall of pictures.

You cannot teach this to an adult who's mind is polluted or a hardcore christian who has been severely brainwashed. Jesus,Moses etc are the same people just as you are the same as them. you are Jesus,Fela and everyone you have come across. Time the great illusionist makes you think you are different. Hence the Phrase; "LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF" because you are your neighbour.

Rituals,Odeshi etc are all aspects of you. What you call good and evil are an aspect of you. What ever you believe in is what you will attract. Those who think charms are potent are unconsciously shifting to a "parallel" world where it will work on them. Your belief defines what you experience.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:

1. Reincarnation

2. Odeshi

4. Rituals

well lemme start this way even dough I knw you need the holy spirit to enlighten you the more.

I want u to knw that life is spiritual
rituals,witches spirits and all sort exist very well. they are as a result of the fallen angel who came to earth to live with human beings. they had affairs with the daughters of men and in so doing thought them a lot everything you see today are not mistake there spirit behind them.
Jesus knew this and cast out demons , he did a lot to open the eyes of men on what is abound, God said woe unto men for the devil is cast down to earth, when that happen 1/3 of the angel of God fell with him, here is a mystery about creation but not for public consumption. dere are spirit datvare worst DAT Lucifer, and they do a lot of damage and that's y the holy is there to council and comfort us ones he possess our body

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Niflheim(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
@pressplay411,

All those stories are nothing more than 4th hand rumours, emanating from "egusi-infested lips" that have ingested an excess amount of hard drugs and expired alomo bitters!!!

1.My christian friend was telling me about the validity of reincarnation, but when I asked him about the validity of the Hindu version(man-rat-cockroach-onion), he burst out laughing, asking me how any human can believe such stuff? A christian, validating his own version of reincarnation while invalidating the Hindu version of reincarnation, cannot tell me he truely believes in reincarnation!!! A Japanese version of reincarnation states that if a cooking pot has been in your household for 100 years, it will come to life(MAGGI KITCHEN REINCARNATION), let us count those who believe in reincarnation, to tell us whether they believe that a mortar and pestle in their great-grandmother's compound can come to life?

2.ODESHI:---Some of those festivals where you see someone pointing a gun at another guy, and firing and nothing happens, those guys wear CHAINMAILLE(a type of body armour), under their clothing!!! Then for others, their friends who planned it together with them, fire BLANK BULLETS at them!!! But when you see someone running and the police firing and it does not enter, it simply means that the police, MISSED THE SHOT, after drinking too much adulterated garri, which causes poor eye sight!!!

3.Witchcraft and marine spirit? Old woman flying over church building? Have you ever seen the video footage? Upon all the camera phones in Lagos? CHAI!!! When Hitchhikers carry women and claim that the woman turned into a snake, it is usually a narrator who was just coming back from beer parlour and was drunk!!! What kind of story were you expecting to hear from his mouth? A woman turned into a snake and some of those hotel rooms have hidden cameras? NA LIE!!! PURE BULLS.HIT!!!

4.If blood money were real, do you know what that will do to the inflation rate in Nigeria? CBN has always noticed excess money in the system, but they always trace such money to counterfeiters and not a magical calabash that creates money out of thin air!!!

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by donnffd(m): 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:

1. Reincarnation

2. Odeshi

4. Rituals

There is no real evidence for reincarnation
There is no real evidence for odeshi (I would like to carry out that experiment with an AK47)
There is no real evidence for witches(Only in Africa and other poor places with ignorance do you still hear about such things, why are they always old women?...smh)
There is no real evidence that killing someone or miming their body parts would make you rich, the people who do this are either terribly deceived or stupidly ignorant (its the both in my opinion).
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
Ken4Christ:

The Bible says,

Isn't it amazing that you never experience or meet some one who themselves experienced these phenomena. It always comes down to what some one heard.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
LePrezident:

You mean you don't believe in any of the spititualities at all?

Hard to believe what you've never experienced.
Can you prove spirituality? Any personal experience?
You're not educated only to believe what you're to told at face value. You're supposed to be able to explain what you hold true.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Junia:
Lazarus died twice.
Yet no record in the bible on his account of what heaven or hell looks like.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 10:25pm On Mar 22, 2017
Niflheim:
@pressplay411,

All those stories are nothing more than 4th hand rumours, emanating from "egusi-infested lips" that have ingested an excess amount of hard drugs and expired alomo bitters!!!

1.My christian friend was telling me about the validity of reincarnation, but when I asked him about the validity of the Hindu version(man-rat-cockroach-onion), he burst out laughing, asking me how any human can believe such stuff? A christian, validating his own version of reincarnation while invalidating the Hindu version of reincarnation, cannot tell me he truely believes in reincarnation!!! A Japanese version of reincarnation states that if a cooking pot has been in your household for 100 years, it will come to life(MAGGI KITCHEN REINCARNATION), let us count those who believe in reincarnation, to tell us whether they believe that a mortar and pestle in their great-grandmother's compound can come to life?

2.ODESHI:---Some of those festivals where you see someone pointing a gun at another guy, and firing and nothing happens, those guys wear CHAINMAILLE(a type of body armour), under their clothing!!! Then for others, their friends who planned it together with them, fire BLANK BULLETS at them!!! But when you see someone running and the police firing and it does not enter, it simply means that the police, MISSED THE SHOT, after drinking too much adulterated garri, which causes poor eye sight!!!

3.Witchcraft and marine spirit? Old woman flying over church building? Have you ever seen the video footage? Upon all the camera phones in Lagos? CHAI!!! When Hitchhikers carry women and claim that the woman turned into a snake, it is usually a narrator who was just coming back from beer parlour and was drunk!!! What kind of story were you expecting to hear from his mouth? A woman turned into a snake and some of those hotel rooms have hidden cameras? NA LIE!!! PURE BULLS.HIT!!!

4.If blood money were real, do you know what that will do to the inflation rate in Nigeria? CBN has always noticed excess money in the system, but they always trace such money to counterfeiters and not a magical calabash that creates money out of thin air!!!

Thx for this.
I quite concur. But these guys make a great case regarding the existence of the spiritual/supernatural. Yet I'm sure it's all in their heads. Imagine how wealthy native doctors would be in this modern times if these phenomena were in fact true.
What people believe makes them victims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 10:28pm On Mar 22, 2017
donnffd:

There is no real evidence for reincarnation
There is no real evidence for odeshi (I would like to carry out that experiment with an AK47)
There is no real evidence for witches(Only in Africa and other poor places with ignorance do you still hear about such things, why are they always old women?...smh)
There is no real evidence that killing someone or miming their body parts would make you rich, the people who do this are either terribly deceived or stupidly ignorant (its the both in my opinion).

Witches are not localised to only Africa and other poor places, I'm sure you've watched movies of witches being burnt on a stake.
But I agree there's no evidence. But I'm sure you agree these stories prevail, but how come every family seems to grow with this knowledge.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Yet no record in the bible on his account of what heaven or hell looks like.
Yhs
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by LePrezident(m): 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
pressplay411:

Hard to believe what you've never experienced.
Can you prove spirituality? Any personal experience?
You're not educated only to believe what you're to told at face value. You're supposed to be able to explain what you hold true.

Well I agree that our spirituality must be guided by eduacted logic however we shouldn't totally dismiss the happenings outside the physical.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 1:18am On Mar 23, 2017
LePrezident:

Well I agree that our spirituality must be guided by eduacted logic however we shouldn't totally dismiss the happenings outside the physical.

"happenings outside the physical" such as?
That you've experienced.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by donnffd(m): 8:11am On Mar 23, 2017
pressplay411:

Witches are not localised to only Africa and other poor places, I'm sure you've watched movies of witches being burnt on a stake.
But I agree there's no evidence. But I'm sure you agree these stories prevail, but how come every family seems to grow with this knowledge.

Firstly, I said "still"
donnffd:

Secondly, Almost everywhere in the world, people hear stories of vampires, does that mean its true?, or what about aliens, what about mermaids?, Every culture as some form of these myths but we all know these things dont exist because no single evidence for them, so it is with the witches.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by LePrezident(m): 8:59am On Mar 23, 2017
pressplay411:

"happenings outside the physical" such as?
That you've experienced.

Such as trying all your human best ata king somethings happen. You try with all the wisdom in the world but still those stuff don't happen and you almost deSpain and then you try to just commit it to a short prayer and practically do the same thin or even nothing at all and the result needed manifests.

However we shouldn't overly attribute everything to spiritual cos a lot of people are equally lazy with their physical responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2017
LePrezident:

Such as trying all your human best ata king somethings happen. You try with all the wisdom in the world but still those stuff don't happen and you almost deSpain and then you try to just commit it to a short prayer and practically do the same thin or even nothing at all and the result needed manifests.

However we shouldn't overly attribute everything to spiritual cos a lot of people are equally lazy with their physical responsibilities.
Goan sit down.

If you can't prove any spiritual ramifications. Don't talk like you've had any expirience.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by LePrezident(m): 10:15am On Mar 23, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Goan sit down.

If you can't prove any spiritual ramifications. Don't talk like you've had any expirience.

Thank you sir, God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 23, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Goan sit down.

Hahahaha,, you harsh gaan oo
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by pressplay411(m): 9:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
LePrezident:

Couldn't that just be a factor of mindset?
Or the person is just not doing it right, like fetching water in a basket and blaming it on spirits.
Re: Can Anyone Explain These? by LePrezident(m): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2017
pressplay411:

Couldn't that just be a factor of mindset?
Or the person is just not doing it right, like fetching water in a basket and blaming it on spirits.

That's why I said we shouldn't overly spritualise things. In fact that is the problem of Africa. People use spirits as an excuse to fail. Most of Africa's problems are man-made.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rev Tom Samson Of Christ Royal Family Church Built A Drainage System For His Com / The Good News Revolution!! - Steve Edwards / Why Do Christians Go To Church On Sunday And Not The Sabbath(Saturday) Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.