Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. (4341 Views)

Stephanie Idolor Is A Scam—man Who Visited Success’ Mom Narrates What Happened / 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) / Houston Single Mom Of 5 Graduates From Law School, Poses With Her Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by asifawarley(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
When my mom found out that I'm dating a 30 year old guy, she freaked out. She can't stop blaming herself. What should I do?
People say age is just a number, that's NOT true! I'd say the older you get, the less it matters, but here are a few things to consider:

Why is a 30 year old interested in a 16 year old? What do you have in common? That's a little creepy! I went on a date with a 22 year old when I was 16, it creeped me out like why is he interested in me? What does he want?

Where are you in life, probably high school, learning to drive, hanging out with friends! Where is he in life? Ready for marriage ? Maybe divorced? Wants kids, maybe has some? Do you want to travel and him settle down? Do you want to party and him stay in? If he still has a college mindset and wants to party all the time then he's imature, is he ever gonna grow up? I dated a man 12 years older than me, he had a vasectomy and no desire to marry again, as he was divorced! He never went out with me, although we did have somethings in common, it wasn't enough. Since dating him I'm married with a 2 year old.

Let's say you guys make it work, you get married and have a family, when ur ready to retire and have some fun, travel and regain your life, let's say ur 60, he’ll be 74, will you then have to spend your retirement taking care of him if he's sick? Of course that can happen in any marriage, but at a time when you both should be enjoying each other and life, it's more likely that you’ll be spending that time caring for him instead.

Lastly, you say your Mom is a great mother, do you trust her judgment? Personally, if my Mom didn't like whom I was dating, I would definitely take that seriously, because my Mom is not judgemental and gives everyone a chance! If she doesn't like someone it's for a reason and I trust her judgement! I was only forbidden to hang out with one person, and she ended up in prison! My Mom HATED her! She has since turned her life around and is doing very well, my Mom has also come around and likes her!

These are all personal experiences so apply them as you wish.
Source

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by adeadeyera(m): 4:24am On Mar 22, 2017
I'm not understanding at all

7 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by alex81(m): 4:42am On Mar 22, 2017

wait, How old are u now?

2 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by oseka101(m): 5:48am On Mar 22, 2017
The story is too chaotic....

12 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Einl(m): 6:15am On Mar 22, 2017
Op...the story is confusing and unstructured.

Edit it and express your opinions using simple words.

PS.

Having sex with a sixteen year old is considered rape even if it was voluntarily.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by ikbnice(m): 6:32am On Mar 22, 2017
Ar u speaking in tongues?

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Chalatanace(m): 6:37am On Mar 22, 2017
undecided still can't see even after using my glasses.

2 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by mccoy47(m): 6:56am On Mar 22, 2017
Einl:
Op...the story is confusing and unstructured.

Edit it and express your opinions using simple words.

PS.

Having sex with a sixteen year old is considered rape even if it was voluntarily.
In Nigeria? undecided

Ok what of 17yr old?
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by uzedo1(m): 7:06am On Mar 22, 2017
Its obvious your perspective is one-sided, people are different when u talk of age. You can see someone who is 70yrs still has much life inside them compare to those who are 60/50.

Sometimes our parents prefare they choose a companion for us than we bringing someone we love. If not for education, I bet it will still be the old pattern of getting married.
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by asifawarley(m): 7:15am On Mar 22, 2017
adeadeyera:
Should i marry the guy
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Mar 22, 2017
What is the title of this film

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by MrGreenMavro: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2017
hmm
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by ameezy(m): 7:50am On Mar 22, 2017
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by lifestyle1(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2017
Einl:

PS.

Wow, like seriously
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by NaWetinDey(m): 8:21am On Mar 22, 2017
Rubbish

People of all ages fall in love and, as long as the woman has reached 18, any other objection is really meaningless. Although people of all ages fall in love, it's far better for a man to marry a woman he's far older than. That's the proper marriage and not all these nonsense marriage contracts contracted by school mates which often end within few years. An older man worries less about the possibility of his wife's infidelity.

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by gbegemaster(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2017
Simply chaotic

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 22, 2017
oseka101:
The story is too chaotic....
na so i see am too.

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Einl(m): 9:30am On Mar 22, 2017
lifestyle1:

Wow, like seriously
Yeah. It's called statutory rape.
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Einl(m): 9:34am On Mar 22, 2017
mccoy47:

In Nigeria? undecided

Ok what of 17yr old?

Even if the victim consented, as long he or her is under 18, it is considered statutory rape.
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by lifestyle1(m): 9:42am On Mar 22, 2017
Einl:

Yeah. It's called statutory rape.

Interesting.

Is this applicable everywhere ?
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:57am On Mar 22, 2017
16 years old dating a 30 year old guy?.are you OK? age is not a criteria I know but imagine what's on your mind and what is on his mind.

That's child abuse or better still you are abusing yourself.

Am sure when you get to 25 you would think differently.

This is infatuation, wake up

1 Like

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by ruggedtimi(m): 10:19am On Mar 22, 2017
Wetin u dey yarn
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Onyenna(m): 11:29am On Mar 22, 2017
Scatter-scatter writing..... Very Chaotic!!

3 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Onyenna(m): 11:34am On Mar 22, 2017
lifestyle1:

Interesting.

Yeah....it's applicable ALMOST everywhere EXCEPT........
NORTH!!!
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Toniblaq(f): 1:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
Hmmmmm... I rest my case.
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by princeemmma(m): 1:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
you love something bigger from the start

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by kiddoiLL(m): 3:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
asifawarley:

When my mom found out that I'm dating a 30 year old guy, she freaked out. She can't stop blaming herself. What should I do?
People say age is just a number, that's NOT true! I'd say the older you get, the less it matters, but here are a few things to consider:

Why is a 30 year old interested in a 16 year old? What do you have in common? That's a little creepy! I went on a date with a 22 year old when I was 16, it creeped me out like why is he interested in me? What does he want?

Where are you in life, probably high school, learning to drive, hanging out with friends! Where is he in life? Ready for marriage ? Maybe divorced? Wants kids, maybe has some? Do you want to travel and him settle down? Do you want to party and him stay in? If he still has a college mindset and wants to party all the time then he's imature, is he ever gonna grow up? I dated a man 12 years older than me, he had a vasectomy and no desire to marry again, as he was divorced! He never went out with me, although we did have somethings in common, it wasn't enough. Since dating him I'm married with a 2 year old.

Let's say you guys make it work, you get married and have a family, when ur ready to retire and have some fun, travel and regain your life, let's say ur 60, he’ll be 74, will you then have to spend your retirement taking care of him if he's sick? Of course that can happen in any marriage, but at a time when you both should be enjoying each other and life, it's more likely that you’ll be spending that time caring for him instead.

Lastly, you say your Mom is a great mother, do you trust her judgment? Personally, if my Mom didn't like whom I was dating, I would definitely take that seriously, because my Mom is not judgemental and gives everyone a chance! If she doesn't like someone it's for a reason and I trust her judgement! I was only forbidden to hang out with one person, and she ended up in prison! My Mom HATED her! She has since turned her life around and is doing very well, my Mom has also come around and likes her!

These are all personal experiences so apply them as you wish.
Source

2 Likes

Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by AuroraB(f): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2017
[quote author=kiddoiLL post=54838663][/quote] cheesy Apt cheesy
What hogwash shocked
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by bedspread: 5:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
adeadeyera:
ADE ME SEF OOO... I NO JUST UNDERSTAND AT ALLLL
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by Einl(m): 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2017
lifestyle1:

Interesting.
Yeah. In countries that make it law. Nigeria included.
I don't know about Saudi Arabia though...lol
Re: When My Mom Found Out That I'm Dating A 30 Year Old Guy, She Freaked Out. by octopusfreaky(f): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
confused

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Surprising Facts About Coca-cola You Might Not Know / Mighty Gully Site At The Back Of University Of Benin (Edo) / Choosing Between BSC Physics Or HND Electrical/electronics Engineering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.