Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) (59918 Views)

Aggrieved Customer Calls Out Polaris Bank Over UK School Tuition Refund Impasse / 30-Year-Old Teacher Defiles A 13-Year-Old Pupil In Zamfara (Photos) / Unic Vilos Teacher Flogs 2-Year-Old Pupil Who Could Not Recite English Alphabet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by AbujaBlue: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
A secondary school pupil is being investigated after parents and classmates claimed he was as old as 30.

It is thought he is an asylum seeker who joined Stoke High School, Ipswich, as a new pupil at the start of term.

The school said it had contacted the Home Office in relation to the concerns but it was not prepared to comment further.

Another pupil shared an image on social media with the message: "How's there a 30-year-old man in our maths class?"

The Home Office has said it does not routinely comment on individual cases.
'Not attending'

In a statement the school said: "This is a matter for the Home Office. They are looking into this after we contacted them.

"We do not comment on individual cases but we have followed government and local authority policies and guidance, as we do for any asylum admissions matter."

It added the pupil "was not attending the school at this time".

The government's criteria for granting asylum to refugees are:

The applicant has left their home country and are unable to go back because they fear persecution
The applicant's home state is unable to guarantee their safety

Lewis Forte, whose step-daughter is a pupil at Stoke High School, said he had been totally dissatisfied with the school's response.

He said: "I went to the school to raise concerns about it and the teacher tried to shut me down by saying all his documents were present and correct which they probably were."

Mr Forte said he believed the pupil in question had been at the school since the start of the term.

"If he is a child then I am very sorry but I had a few children in my class who looked old for their age but this is something else," he said.
'Home office's fault'

Another parent warned others on social media, "I suggest if anyone's children are in the same classes as this guy then keep them off school until this has been investigated".

Victoria Newby, who has a child at the school, said: "My girls will not be attending until I know for sure he's been removed."

Ipswich MP Sandy Martin said parents should not be taking their children out of the school, as they are not at risk.

"Stoke High School is, as far as I am concerned, an extremely safe environment for their children," the Labour MP said.

"It's not the school's fault, it's the Home Office's. They are responsible for making sure that people are sent to appropriate places."

The East Anglian Daily Times reported that parents suspected the "man" had lied about his age in order to gain GCSEs because his qualifications were not recognised in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-46070239

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by AbujaBlue: 4:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
Compare his image to pupils from the same school (with their teacher) who are in classes one year above him!

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Nukilia: 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Bad Belle people! Make dem leave the guy alone...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by wayne4loan: 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
That guy is a fvcking genius

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2018
buharism don reach there too?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
So what is do the man abi is he the sinning in the contry
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by OkoyeA1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
I been think say na blackman grin grin

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2018
grin gringrin grin

3 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by TIG3r: 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
OkoyeA1:

Likewise me ooo

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Learnstuffs: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
We have a lot of such "pupils" here in Nigeria beginning with the teenager who is celebrating his WAEC result today

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 02, 2018
I just hope that is not Seun Osewa, if not ...

4 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by eghuan1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
At first I thought an African again? Then I opened the thread and I saw Aladdin and am like, thank God, we passed this one. Good job guys, we try. Its not us. Wow! What a sigh of relief..

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by JustRUN: 11:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
grin So we are not guilty of dis 1, tank God

11 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by punisha: 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
On a more serious note, this guy has trouble written all over him.

How can an asylum seeker still claim to be 14 and enroll in a high school?

What's the motive?

Me I won't just remove my kids , I will make sure I start a protest.

Can't have my child in same class with this man.

4 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Sirmuel1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
Bad Guy cheesy
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by EbukaHades10(m): 11:31pm On Nov 02, 2018
Agbaya.

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by oshe111(m): 11:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
But Buhari get Bald head for im WAEC pix na

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by sacajawea: 3:38am On Nov 03, 2018
wayne4loan:
That guy is a fvcking genius
How? How's he a Genius?

3 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by dosage150(m): 4:14am On Nov 03, 2018
Anything to get in there is ok
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by nabegibeg: 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
AbujaBlue:
A secondary school pupil is being investigated after parents and classmates claimed he was as old as 30.

It is thought he is an asylum seeker who joined Stoke High School, Ipswich, as a new pupil at the start of term.

The school said it had contacted the Home Office in relation to the concerns but it was not prepared to comment further.

Another pupil shared an image on social media with the message: "How's there a 30-year-old man in our maths class?"

The Home Office has said it does not routinely comment on individual cases.
'Not attending'

In a statement the school said: "This is a matter for the Home Office. They are looking into this after we contacted them.

"We do not comment on individual cases but we have followed government and local authority policies and guidance, as we do for any asylum admissions matter."

It added the pupil "was not attending the school at this time".

The government's criteria for granting asylum to refugees are:

The applicant has left their home country and are unable to go back because they fear persecution
The applicant's home state is unable to guarantee their safety

Lewis Forte, whose step-daughter is a pupil at Stoke High School, said he had been totally dissatisfied with the school's response.

He said: "I went to the school to raise concerns about it and the teacher tried to shut me down by saying all his documents were present and correct which they probably were."

Mr Forte said he believed the pupil in question had been at the school since the start of the term.

"If he is a child then I am very sorry but I had a few children in my class who looked old for their age but this is something else," he said.
'Home office's fault'

Another parent warned others on social media, "I suggest if anyone's children are in the same classes as this guy then keep them off school until this has been investigated".

Victoria Newby, who has a child at the school, said: "My girls will not be attending until I know for sure he's been removed."

Ipswich MP Sandy Martin said parents should not be taking their children out of the school, as they are not at risk.

"Stoke High School is, as far as I am concerned, an extremely safe environment for their children," the Labour MP said.

"It's not the school's fault, it's the Home Office's. They are responsible for making sure that people are sent to appropriate places."

The East Anglian Daily Times reported that parents suspected the "man" had lied about his age in order to gain GCSEs because his qualifications were not recognised in England.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-46070239
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by miqos02(m): 7:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Hmm
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2018
Many are mad, but only a few are roaming the streets

2 Likes

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by PrinceOgun: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2018
grin
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by fasho01(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
Lol.. The hustle is real
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Lomprico2: 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
Does he fuckìng look 14 to them

1 Like

Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Gunnax(m): 7:57am On Nov 03, 2018
OkoyeA1:
Gbayi ! Na wetin make me open d thread
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by HajimeSaito(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by xeropowder: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
very sharp badt guy
Re: 30-Year-Old Pupil - Asylum Seeker Fools UK School, Pretends To Be 14 (See Photo) by Drpene: 7:58am On Nov 03, 2018
Make dem kam dan, iz just football age grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taiwo and Kehinde Adegoke: Twins Called To Bar (Photos) / If You Can Pronounce This Whole Poem, You Speak English Better Than 90% Of Us / Wealthy Overseas Nigerian Students Fight Over Whose Dad Is The Richest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.