Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers (26739 Views)

Impeach Buhari: Court Orders National Assembly To Begin Process / Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With National Assembly Leaders / NASS Pleads With Nigerians To Stop Tweeting At Him. See Reactions From Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers by Earth2Metahuman: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
Google CBN act. Check the composition and functions of MPC pls. Tried to upload it, but it was large.
The composition is
CBN Governor - Chairman
4 Deputy Governors of CBN
2 Board members (appointed by the the President)
3 members (appointed by president)
2 members (appointed by CBN Governor)
And since the Governor and Deputy Governors are appointed by the President, it is safe to say that 10 members of the committee are appointed by the president
I said, ministry of finance proposed that cbn should reduce lending rate which cbn completely went against.

Did that happen or not? If cbn didn't reject the idea, who did and can you post a reasonable link to why it and who rejected it.
Re: Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers by Unimaginable123: 9:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
I said, ministry of finance proposed that cbn should reduce lending rate which cbn completely went against.

Did that happen or not? If cbn didn't reject the idea, who did and can you post a reasonable link to why it and who rejected it.
I am telling u that the committee that rejected the proposal is not entirely CBN. Permanent Secretary Federal Ministry of Finance is a member of the committee
Re: Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers by Earth2Metahuman: 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Unimaginable123:
I am telling u that the committee that rejected the proposal is not entirely CBN. Permanent Secretary Federal Ministry of Finance is a member of the committee
do you have link to that?

Cos I have newspaper report that exclusively said emefiele rejected it.
Re: Adeosun Pleads With National Assembly To Cut CBN Governor’s Powers by joechingo: 10:55pm On Mar 22, 2017
instead of cutting CBN powers Buhari should rather reshuffle his cabinet and send this clueless little minister parking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"We Weren't Consulted Before CSO Expelled The PUNCH Reporter" - Femi Adesina / Nigeria With Yahaya Bello: Is this the Best Presidential Declaration Video? / Was Mrs Aisha Buhari 9/10 Years Old When GMB Married Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.