Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,878 members, 7,813,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

I Own A Home, Should I Buy Another Before Selling My Current Home? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Own A Home, Should I Buy Another Before Selling My Current Home? (438 Views)

JJ Emejulu "I Own Enugu Airport": Man Arrests Airport Staff With IGP Squad / How Did You Choose Your Current Home? / Why Your Current Home Is No More A Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Own A Home, Should I Buy Another Before Selling My Current Home? by Careafric: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2017
this a very common question our customers ask us when they meet us when they want to buy a home.

There is truly no concrete “correct” answer to this question. There are pro’s and con’s to buying a home before selling your current home and the same can be said about selling your current home before buying another.

Buying a home before selling your current home

The biggest benefit to buying a home before selling your current home is the fact that you have a suitable property lined up. This can reduce the stress and pressure of having to find a home once your current home is sold. This however also can create disappointment and heartbreak. If you are unable to purchase a new home without having to sell your current home, you’re purchase offer is going to be contingent upon sale and transfer of title of your current home. If your current home does not sell in a timely manner, this can lead to you getting “bumped” by a non-contingent buyer and you losing out on the home you’re looking to purchase, which can be devastating.

Selling your current home before buying a new home

The time it takes to sell your current home is unpredictable. There is no crystal ball that exists that can tell you exactly how many days it will take. Selling your current home before buying a new home will put you in an ideal position to negotiate on the new home you’re purchasing due to the fact you are purchasing without the sale contingency of your current home.
One risk of selling your current home without buying a new home first is the chance of not being able to have a place to live. There are options if your current home sellers before buying another though. A “rent-back” can sometimes be negotiated with the buyer of your current home. A “rent-back” would allow you to retain possession of your current home for a certain number of days after closing at the expense of paying the buyers mortgage. A “rent-back” allows for additional time to find a new home.

Source: https://careafric..com.ng/2017/03/i-own-home-should-i-buy-another-before.html

Re: I Own A Home, Should I Buy Another Before Selling My Current Home? by Careafric: 3:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
visit my blog: https://careafric..com.ng for your daily real estate tips for home buyers and sellers

(1) (Reply)

Online Training On Paint Production / What A Great Offer, Become A Landlord With Just 600k / A House For Sale At Aba,abia State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.