Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption (2479 Views)

Share Your Experience Buying A Fake LG TV / My Experience Buying A Used TV / How To Properly Size Dc Cables From Solar Panels So You Dont Lose Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by thegame(m): 6:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lexmeizta:

Chief Chief! Lemme sef be like you, so i'd get brand new each time. On the plus side, one or two people will see this and be saved. Just imagine I had taken money from someone and bought this phone for the person? I'm sure someone might have been saved by reading this post, On a greater note, I've met quite a number of helpful Nairalanders here and truly y'all are awesome. The support alone is overwhelming, I'm sure if we have each others back like this everyday only good things can happen in this country.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this matter, might have lost some money but what I feel right now is way greater than the money lost.

Most times it's not about too much money honestly, its about avoiding the heartache and disappointment. True, there are plenty honest traders here and I have met some too. I'm sure you have raised awareness about this and any potential customer will inspect cautiously. The laptop guy also, I still remember his ID cos he did something like this to his customer and would advise anyone to thread with caution when dealing with him. Same with some posters on auto section.

My point is, just salvage whatever you can and if you can get a refund, just get it, let the rest go and move on. All the wahala you have gone through cannot be duly compensated anyway but you have made other buyers aware of this act.

1 Like

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ceejay80s(m): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Lexmeizta:

Had it been the issue wasn't known prior to selling the device, fine. But they admitted to knowing, so why wasn't it fixed? Why wasn't I informed? Then another dumb argument made was that the phone goes for 110 but I got it for 90(original price quoted was 100) and that I should have known something was wrong with it that's why they agreed?
Still waiting on Oga Arikson to clear himself or point out any false claims from my side

If he truly said all this, then he is a thief, I hate thieves, that's fraud...
So because the phone was sold to u at 10kobo , thats why he gave u a almost dead phone,
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Kunleforreal(m): 9:21pm On Mar 23, 2017
Op, please, in another time, make sure you test any device you want to buy very well before making a payment in order to avoid stressing yourself .

1 Like

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 10:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
ceejay80s:

If he truly said all this, then he is a thief, I hate thieves, that's fraud...
So because the phone was sold to u at 10kobo , thats why he gave u a almost dead phone,
Believe me, Kingsley said this. I won't cook up stories. I even have a screenshot of when he called me yesterday asking for the iPhone, fast forward to today, he's denying it when he was confronted by his colleagues. Thank God for call history
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 24, 2017
ariksonconnect:
No Blame game here Mr Alex;That's the fact,I personally agreed to a refund on Friday or Weekend as the phone was sold though me or a replacement yesterday and you objected;unknowing to the defect the deviceyou purchased earlier had.Its an office there's no way one will run away with your intial Payment to Enaeru Kingsly.Not you making it seem like you were defrauded by Arikson.

Thank God i didnt contact you to buy a phone ooo. Was gonna contact you like 4 days from now. Happy to knw that you sell faulty devices. God bless the person that created this thread

1 Like

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by mrbillz(m): 7:30am On Mar 24, 2017
kenobi2020:

Thank God i didnt contact you to buy a phone ooo. Was gonna contact you like 4 days from now. Happy to knw that you sell faulty devices. God bless the person that created this thread
You shouldn't just generalize due to what happened which could happen to any gadget seller. I have once purchased a new defective phone at Slot. This Arikson of a guy is a reputable seller I have been dealing with for months. He's never failed me for once. So far, I have purchased 2 phones from him which I'm enjoying. I have also recommended him to friends. lol and behold, I met him here in Nairaland and we have had go business deals. I shouldn't have come in this, but doing could help prospective buyers to know he's worth dealing with. I'm sure he and his colleagues will sort things out with the guy who bought a defective phone which he's been told about refund already. My own views about Arikson!

2 Likes

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Turks: 7:47am On Mar 24, 2017
A bad deal is all it takes to tarnish an image. He should have set a date for refund. It shouldn't have degenerated to this level except of course he didn't want to refund him.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by BrianRoss: 8:11am On Mar 24, 2017
I have done business with this guy and he has been very reliable
He has even helped me get products he doesn't even sale even with warranty
I believe he will refund you like he said, just b patient and settle things peacefully with him
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 24, 2017
Lexmeizta:
So I think it'll be a good idea for Nairaland to have a fraud section where we can inform other unsuspecting Nairalanders of fraudulent users.

My experience with Arikson of Computer Village, with phone number 0902 483 0386 is one hellish one.

Dude sold me a phone with faulty speakers, faulty proximity sensor and asked me to bring the phone back, leave both my money and the phone with him at computer village and he'll let me know when it's ready. Someone please refer him to this thread to clear himself

Beware of a Kingsley Guy there, Full name is Kingsley Enearu
Bro, I understand how you feel, but i can tell you for a fact that ARIKSON is legit. he must have gotten mixed up in some issues with the kingsley guy. I bought an iphone from arikson, i was in Abuja and he was in lagos, he transported the phone to me all the way from Lagos. I wasn't satisfied with the iphone, and i demanded a refund. Arikson transferred my money to me immediately upon sending the phone back to Lagos.

My point is, if arikson wasn't legit, he could have ran away with my money, after all i don't stay in lagos. I am sure whatever the mix up is, it'll be resolved but saying Arikson isn't legit is what I'll disagree to. #Peace
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 24, 2017
kenobi2020:

Bros, arikson is not that kind of person o, i've done business with him. he just got so unfortunate associating his business with the kingsley of a guy. Even the OP has acknowledged the fact that kingsley is the negativity behind this.
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by omoskenso(m): 11:16am On Mar 24, 2017
All of you defending the Arikson shud put a main person into consideration.... His reacting 2 wat transpired btw dem "1 man's food is anoda man's poison" all aboki 2 him own kettle ". D fact Arikson treated u well wont take away d fact dat he ill treat Mr Alex and he cud still happen 2 any future customer. Since he knows he has a great deal of business on NL, he shud hv responded quickly b4 all dis fiasco, mind u na" small shit dey spoil yansh". I wont cough out 90k 4 fone n still be managing it "u dey pee 4 my head dey tell me say rain dey fall"!!!
Frm all conversation... Mr Arikson nor try!
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by vitality22(m): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lexmeizta:

Attached is a receipt from the shop. Name is Dialer Communications, No. 8b/11 Otigba Street, Opposite Micro Station.
Any dealings should be done carefully, examine whatever you get extremely well before leaving as getting a refund or a deal that covers your discomfort is near impossible.
I have taken note of this receipt and the shop. Anytime i see any receipt with this name bros, na RUN get me oooo. But, Arikson you no FEAR GOD ooooo.
Honestly, I almost contacted you from that your thread to help me get iPhone 6, But God forbid I will NEVER try it oooooo. I for just enter one chance, me that am not even in Lagos. Kai, OP thank God for this your thread oooooo, you really saved me from a real mess.

2 Likes

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by ceejay80s(m): 4:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
Turks:
A bad deal is all it takes to tarnish an image. He should have set a date for refund. It shouldn't have degenerated to this level except of course he didn't want to refund him.

Exactly
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by siempere(m): 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2017
Who else finds it suspicious that all the people defending Ariksonconnect all came at once....lolz...there is nothing like being sincere in ur business dealings it will save you from a lot of stress....

3 Likes

Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Thanks for wading into this matter guys, truth be told, I didn't mean to soil his image or any of such thing.
Just wanted to put word out there, in general, let's all be careful and apply caution.
I understand Arikson might have had legit dealings with people on here, it's all good.
My apologies to Arikson, probably just a good guy who got caught up in the web, please also try to work on Kingsley, let's hope this puts an end to such actions.
Thanks again guys, y'all have been awesome
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by twinskenny(m): 8:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lexmeizta:
Thanks for wading into this matter guys, truth be told, I didn't mean to soil his image or any of such thing.
Just wanted to put word out there, in general, let's all be careful and apply caution.
I understand Arikson might have had legit dealings with people on here, it's all good.
My apologies to Arikson, probably just a good guy who got caught up in the web, please also try to work on Kingsley, let's hope this puts an end to such actions.
Thanks again guys, y'all have been awesome

Has he refund u?
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 8:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
twinskenny:

Has he refund u?
I decided to fix myself. Better to salvage what I can, Kingsley didn't help but Arikson made some effort, reached out to me and for that I respect him
Re: My experience buying a used device, Always check properly and make no assumption by Lexmeizta: 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
So Mr Arikson has offered to help me fix the phone at my own convenience. Welcomed development and I believe would be a good chance to set the record straight so as to tell him apart from Kingsley Enearu

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dell Latitude (Core i7, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD) For Sale!!! / Introducing The All New Valem Pro Pad / BUY Quality UK/US HP Slim & Beautiful Laptops (some With Keyboard Light)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.