Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,255 members, 7,864,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash (1051 Views)

FG Withdraws Timi Frank's Security Aides, Orders Arrest Of Ranking APC Chieftain / Ile-Ife Clash: Arrest Hausa Suspects In 48 Hours - OPC / Ife Clash: Afenifere, OPC Kick Against One-sided Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by Highbhee(m): 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2017
The Yoruba socio-cultural group, Afenifere, has constituted a legal team to defend 21 Ile-Ife indigenes arrested in connection with the recent clash between the Hausa and Yoruba in the historical town.
This was announced in a press statement signed by Mr. Yinka Odumakin, the group’s National Publicity Secretary.
Afenifere described the arrest and eventual parade of the 21 persons by the Police as illegal, unconstitutional and sectionally-biased.
The group vowed to resist the undue deployment of federal might to settle ethnic scores.
“As a first step in this regard, we have assembled a powerful team of lawyers to enforce the fundamental human rights of the 21 abducted Yoruba persons. It is a settled law that the investigation and trial of suspects must take place at the scene of the crime,” said the group.
While appealing to the Yoruba in Ife to remain calm, the group assured that legal team will challenge the mangling of due process and continue mounting political pressure to resist the decision to have the members of only one side in the conflict arrested and put on trial.
“We restate the fact that the Arewa group started the killings in Ife by killing a Yoruba young man. This is clearly missing in the skewed report by the police. We are appreciative of the many lawyers of Yoruba extraction who have taken up this challenge pro bono,” Afenifere added.
We appeal to our people to be calm while we pursue the legal angle to this challenge to our pride as a people as the first step.
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by naijaking1: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
The only time we know that police men work in Nigeria is when Hausa people aware killed.
Not when Southern Kaduna people are massacred, Agatu people the same.
Don't forget Enugu, Delta, and Oyo State killings by Fulani herdsmen.
Nigerians not just Yorubas must rise up and say no more.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by writetopoker: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
if it is Igbo arrested Yellow-bas will be happy, thinking that Igbo are troublesome.

I think you are been paid back in your own coins, let the police arrest even the Oba of Ille-ife, Rubbish zoo

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by naijaking1: 3:02pm On Mar 22, 2017
writetopoker:
if it is Igbo arrested Yellow-bas will be happy, thinking that Igbo are troublesome.

I think you are been paid back in your own coins, let the police arrest even the Oba of Ille-ife, Rubbish zoo

You maybe right, but it is better to join forces with other non-Hausa/Fulanis to halt this menace on time.
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by fallout87: 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2017
When will FG order arrest of Fulani murdering herdsman or the killers from Southern Kaduna or those villages in the middle belt?

4 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
No source ! .
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by Sketchandcraft(m): 3:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
I think what the yorubas need to do is to déclaré opération no hausa/ fulani in Ife until thèse arressted are released unconditionally...

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by naijaking1: 3:09pm On Mar 22, 2017
Sketchandcraft:
I think what the yorubas need to do is to déclaré opération no hausa/ fulani in Ife until thèse arressted are released unconditionally...

You need a spine to do that. Fayose maybe, but others, I'm not sure.
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by profhezekiah: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2017
writetopoker:

Dis guy is devour by terrible hatred and he is devastated, pls let be kind to pray for him,he is at d last stage

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by tunderay(m): 3:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
profhezekiah:
Dis guy is devour by terrible hatred and he is devastated, pls let be kind to pray for him,he is at d last stage
I guess you are right, it has eaten deep into his system
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by profhezekiah: 3:33pm On Mar 22, 2017
tunderay:
I guess you are right, it has eaten deep into his system
I can't just stomach d rubbish he wrote
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by mexxmoney: 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
I knew it. In this animal farm called Nigeria, some animals are more equal than the others.So two sides clashed and you only saw people from one side to arrest, maybe the Hausa's who were involved in the mayhem are ghosts. Our security forces become inept,incompetent and lackadaisical whenever it is the Hausa/Fulani that are doing the killing but let any other tribe attack the Hausa/Fulani and you will see them working in overdrive. What kind of country is this?
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
This is just a "thank you for voting me" package. The real gift would come 2018
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by disumusa: 8:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
writetopoker:

mumu Igbo canibal allow the securities to do their work anyway what about eze kanu the olukuje of kuje prison
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
mexxmoney:
I knew it. In this animal farm called Nigeria, some animals are more equal than the others.So two sides clashed and you only saw people from one side to arrest, maybe the Hausa's who were involved in the mayhem are ghosts. Our security forces become inept,incompetent and lackadaisical whenever it is the Hausa/Fulani that are doing the killing but let any other tribe attack the Hausa/Fulani and you will see them working in overdrive. What kind of country is this?
a slave must always respect His master irrespective of their differences
Re: FG Orders Arrest Of Yoruba Persons Connected With Ile-ife Clash by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
Yoruba muslims are finding it difficult to comment on this thread they just don't wanna go against the caliphate in sokoto ...I foresee emir in osun

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Whistleblower Misleads EFCC On Adoke — Again / Breaking News:el-rufai Meets With Buhari Says No One Can Bar Me From Aso(photo) / France's New President: When Will Nigeria Have A Young President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.