Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) (94305 Views)

Kaduna Immigration Office Has No Booklets: The Nigeria System About To Fail Me / See List Of International Airports In Nigeria - Photos / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by harlee(m): 11:07am On Apr 11, 2017
how about Alausa passport office in Lagos
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Wine52(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2017
both 32 and 64 pages is available now.
A nairalander collected his 64pages today although location not confirmed but my NIS contact said 32pages will be available by month end, so pls if anyone gets his 32pages pls notify so we can follow ours up.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by ba2undey(m): 5:25pm On Apr 11, 2017
Finally NIS gave me my 64 pages passport. Ikoyi office
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nchabuomo: 5:31pm On Apr 11, 2017
ba2undey:
Finally NIS gave me my 64 pages passport. Ikoyi office
Congratulations How long was your wait?
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by michaelbelgium(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2017
i'm finished...i applied for this passport in abuja hoping to get it before this month ends so that i can apply for my study visa....i hate this country!!!!
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nchabuomo: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2017
michaelbelgium:
i'm finished...i applied for this passport in abuja hoping to get it before this month ends so that i can apply for my study visa....i hate this country!!!!
Loool You are not finished yet. You can get it before month end hopefully.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Soonkie(m): 2:40am On Apr 12, 2017
Wine52:
both 32 and 64 pages is available now.
A nairalander collected his 64pages today although location not confirmed but my NIS contact said 32pages will be available by month end, so pls if anyone gets his 32pages pls notify so we can follow ours up.

Yes you are right! I applied for 32pgs 2days ago and I was told it will be ready by month end. 64pgs is readily available as we speak. Abeokuta precisely
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by ibrocoast: 9:29am On Apr 12, 2017
Pls... Has anyone collected his or her passport at ibadan... 32pgs to be precise.... I even offer ma contact additional fee to speed it up but... Saying no booklet. That it will soon be available.. I need it badly early nxt month. Paid exhorbitant fee for the conference am going for. Another war is to get closer appointment date at lagos us embassy. Pls any update?
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by michaelbelgium(m): 10:55am On Apr 12, 2017
my contact in abuja told me i should get my 32pgs by next week after easter.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by whoami123(f): 1:21pm On Apr 12, 2017
Just collected my passport (32 pages) at ikoyi office
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by EmyPapis(m): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
whoami123:
Just collected my passport (32 pages) at ikoyi office
congrats, the big lesson is stay clear of junior officers at the passport office...they are only good at singing scarcity of booklets after payment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nchabuomo: 3:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
EmyPapis:
congrats, the big lesson is stay clear of junior officers at the passport office...they are only good at singing scarcity of booklets after payment.
Lool don't sound ridiculous..... Everyone doesn't (wouldn't) know a state-comptroller. And besides prior to this passport scarcity I'm not sure anyone ever complained of non-availability of booklet. Thank goodness her's is available now.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by EmyPapis(m): 3:37pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Lool don't sound ridiculous..... Everyone doesn't (wouldn't) know a state-comptroller. And besides prior to this passport scarcity I'm not sure anyone ever complained of non-availability of booklet. Thank goodness her's is available now.
I know what am talking about bro, met someone at passport office festac that paid 43k for 32 pages since January and he was yet to collect as at March 30 reason for delay is no booklet, whereas an Hausa guy collected within 7working days at the rate of 29k mid march at same office...my advice to prospective applicants is to hang around the collection room and enquire from the passport collectors the longevity of their application, amount paid and who there contact is believe me you won't fall victim like some of us did.

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nchabuomo: 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2017
EmyPapis:
I know what am talking about bro, met someone at passport office festac that paid 43k for 32 pages since January and he was yet to collect as at March 30 reason for delay is no booklet, whereas an Hausa guy collected within 7working days at the rate of 29k mid march at same office...my advice to prospective applicants is to hang around the collection room and enquire from the passport collectors the longevity of their application, amount paid and who there contact is believe me you won't fall victim like some of us did.
Different strokes for different folks, all I'm saying is that it's the scarcity that caused this quagmire. Normally everyone gets his passport within 24-48hrs.
Now the scarcity reduced supply. Plenty people chasing few booklets. The day I went to renew my mum's passport with her last week, the register of a higher educational institution came in with an introductory letter from the school he needed one urgently, he got his that day at exactly the same price we paid, mind you we didn't get ours. Lol
Link also matters if I have a senior officer in the force I might do a passport at the barest rate.
Not everyone would have that opportunity, not everyone would want to share his link, but if supply is fixed, no one would need a link.
When I did mine I just walked into a NIS office near me as at the time, approached a man I liked his face about 9hrs later I had my passport.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by emeriem: 4:29pm On Apr 12, 2017
Booklets are so available now. They were supplied on Monday. I applied for my son 3 days ago and picked up yesterday at Ikoyi office

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nchabuomo:

Different strokes for different folks, all I'm saying is that it's the scarcity that caused this quagmire. Normally everyone gets his passport within 24-48hrs.
Now the scarcity reduced supply. Plenty people chasing few booklets. The day I went to renew my mum's passport with her last week, the register of a higher educational institution came in with an introductory letter from the school he needed one urgently, he got his that day at exactly the same price we paid, mind you we didn't get ours. Lol
Link also matters if I have a senior officer in the force I might do a passport at the barest rate.
Not everyone would have that opportunity, not everyone would want to share his link, but if supply is fixed, no one would need a link.
When I did mine I just walked into a NIS office near me as at the time, approached a man I liked his face about 9hrs later I had my passport.
Please bro, what is the processing for renewal? Do you have to give them the expired one - as in, they will not give you back? Or both the new and the expired one will be given to you?

Thanks!
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by pat077: 5:45pm On Apr 12, 2017
emeriem:
Booklets are so available now. They were supplied on Monday. I applied for my son 3 days ago and picked up yesterday at Ikoyi office
at what rate
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nchabuomo: 6:36pm On Apr 12, 2017
mirrorboy:
Please bro, what is the processing for renewal? Do you have to give them the expired one - as in, they will not give you back? Or both the new and the expired one will be given to you?

Thanks!
You get to fill out a form(capture & finger print). You would get the old one back (some people have active visa's on expired passport).. You can then use rubber band to hold both grin grin
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nchabuomo:

You get to fill out a form(capture & finger print). You would get the old one back (some people have active visa's on expired passport).. You can then use rubber band to hold both grin grin
Bless You Sir.

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by EmyPapis(m): 7:02pm On Apr 12, 2017
Nchabuomo:

lol that's the office decorum of naija public offices, finally I collected mine today at festac office.

1 Like

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Itstyme(m): 3:05am On Apr 13, 2017
I have received my passport. 64 pages booklet at Abuja HQ.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by deoladtop: 3:43am On Apr 13, 2017
I applied for daughter last week monday at alausa passport office and I was called on Thursday last week for collection. I have Since collected.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by naijaboy756: 7:21am On Apr 13, 2017
my agent said Abuja system had issues, now someone else here has collected from the same Abuja. Please who has gotten 32 from Abuja?
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by michaelbelgium(m): 7:43am On Apr 13, 2017
naijaboy756:
my agent said Abuja system had issues, now someone else here has collected from the same Abuja. Please who has gotten 32 from Abuja?
is it at the headquarters or the other NIS branch in abj?
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by naijaboy756: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2017
michaelbelgium:

is it at the headquarters or the other NIS branch in abj?
HQTRS after Lugbe
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by bull99: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2017
my agent at Abuja headquarters gwagwalada said they ll start producing next week after Easter, but the booklets are now available, so which one is issues again, and what issues could that be .
mind u, d headquarters is in gwagwalada, so pls be sure of wot u r saying nd don't misinform ppl.
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Harzontorh: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2017
deoladtop:
I applied for daughter last week monday at alausa passport office and I was called on Thursday last week for collection. I have Since collected.

for how much pls?
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by naijaboy756: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2017
bull99:
my agent at Abuja headquarters gwagwalada said they ll start producing next week after Easter, but the booklets are now available, so which one is issues again, and what issues could that be .
mind u, d headquarters is in gwagwalada, so pls be sure of wot u r saying nd don't misinform ppl.
which one is misinform? Told u wat i was told and u are saying misinform....Anyways, i am collecting mine today...32pages, Abuja
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by Mamagold123456: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2017
Harzontorh:

for how much pls?
please I applied for my passport in Abeokuta since feb 02 but till date haven't been given.i had to pay extra 10k to fast track my passport the issue now is about 2days ago d 32pgs is available and the officer told me yesterday that my passport has just been uploaded but hasn't been in the booklet yet please what does that mean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by naijaboy756: 9:20am On Apr 14, 2017
Mamagold123456:
please I applied for my passport in Abeokuta since feb 02 but till date haven't been given.i had to pay extra 10k to fast track my passport the issue now is about 2days ago d 32pgs is available and the officer told me yesterday that my passport has just been uploaded but hasn't been in the booklet yet please what does that mean?
maybe with the production department
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by ibrocoast: 11:48am On Apr 14, 2017
Called ma contact in ibadan immigration. She said the 64pages collected is for thosa dat apply in jan. That the 32pgs will hopefully come out after easter. That the bozz in charge is not around. I don tire for dis ooo
Re: Scarcity Of International Passport Booklets At The Nigeria Immigration (Photo) by michaelbelgium(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2017
bull99:
that's exactly what my contact told me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Topless Lady On A Motorbike Along Lekki Expressway In Lagos. Photos / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today / Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.