Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? (736 Views)

Pray This Prayer Right Now If You Want To Make It Up There / House On The Rock Communion Day Outfits: Right Or Wrong? (Pics) / Is It Right To Give This Type Of Testimony? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by purity22(f): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2017
I have a neighbor who is very God fearing, I like her so much that I see her as my role model. But something happened last night that I started wondering if she is truly a good Christian or not.
As I was sleeping around 2am her voice woke me up, I heard her praying to God to kill all her husband's girl friends. She was reminding God that she kept her self pure before marriage, she never Went after any married man before, she has never cheated on her husband. That she stayed away from all these because she wants to make her way right with God and have a peaceful married life, she went further to say the Bible says do unto others as you would want them do unto you and same Bible says suffer not for the wicked to live.
I became shocked and felt like knocking on her door to preach to her about forgiveness and praying for such people to come to Christ. My Aunty that lost her husband to a side chick supported her and warned me not to say a word to her that that is the kind of prayer she will start praying too @ that point I became confuse if it is the right thing to do or not.

What is your take on this please? Only Godly advice please
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by okenwa(m): 10:30pm On Mar 22, 2017
When one has lust in his heart. He is guilty.

Assumption can be a sin. If indeed it is not true.
She is practicing self righteousness.
Don't emulate her.....please emulate God

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by Larryfest(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
Praying so that God kills all her husband's girlfriend why not just pray so God can kill her husband instead atleast he is the one running after the girls.....rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by purity22(f): 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
okenwa:
When one has lust in his heart. He is guilty.

Assumption can be a sin. If indeed it is not true.
She is practicing self righteousness.
Don't emulate her.....please emulate God

Thanks for your advice
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by prisiliveth: 11:01pm On Mar 22, 2017
there is nothing wrong with d prayer point, assuming u are married u would have understood what's she is passing through. any strange women in my husband life disturbing my marriage die by fire die,die die by fire.
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by purity22(f): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
prisiliveth:
there is nothing wrong with d prayer point, assuming u are married u would have understood what's she is passing through. any strange women in my husband life disturbing my marriage die by fire die,die die by fire.
Sweet heart, am married and I understand how it feels. How about praying for their repentance?
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by Deicide: 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
So people actually think that this kind of God exist? The one that solves your problems while you have two hands and two feet?
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by Dojupyo(f): 12:43am On Mar 23, 2017
A very wrong prayer...

The best prayer would have been : Dear Lord, renew my husband's love for me, may it wax stronger.. Make all his girlfriends flee from him for no reason, may he be mine alone, as its written in the bible "that what God has joined together, let no man put asunder
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by purity22(f): 8:32am On Mar 23, 2017
Dojupyo:
A very wrong prayer...

The best prayer would have been : Dear Lord, renew my husband's love for me, may it wax stronger.. Make all his girlfriends flee from him for no reason, may he be mine alone, as its written in the bible "that what God has joined together, let no man put asunder
Honestly I agree with you 100% my dear. May God give every woman the heart to pray like this.

1 Like

Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by prisiliveth: 8:44am On Mar 23, 2017
purity22:

Sweet heart, am married and I understand how it feels. How about praying for their repentance?
I can't pray for my enemies abeg
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by purity22(f): 9:33am On Mar 23, 2017
prisiliveth:
I can't pray for my enemies abeg
But why not? Lolzzzz
A good Christian should do that
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by ScepticalPyrrho: 9:44am On Mar 23, 2017
If you like pray till you vomit blood.

It changes nothing.
Re: Is This Type Of Prayer Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
purity22:
I have a neighbor who is very God fearing, I like her so much that I see her as my role model. But something happened last night that I started wondering if she is truly a good Christian or not.
As I was sleeping around 2am her voice woke me up, I heard her praying to God to kill all her husband's girl friends. She was reminding God that she kept her self pure before marriage, she never Went after any married man before, she has never cheated on her husband. That she stayed away from all these because she wants to make her way right with God and have a peaceful married life, she went further to say the Bible says do unto others as you would want them do unto you and same Bible says suffer not for the wicked to live.
I became shocked and felt like knocking on her door to preach to her about forgiveness and praying for such people to come to Christ. My Aunty that lost her husband to a side chick supported her and warned me not to say a word to her that that is the kind of prayer she will start praying too @ that point I became confuse if it is the right thing to do or not.

What is your take on this please? Only Godly advice please
Such prayers are wrong.
Just as Christ forgave us, we also need to forgive others.
If she thinks praying for them to die will work, why doesn't she pray for them to receive Christ and realise their wrong doings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Jesus Has A Whatsapp Number? Read This / Hell And Darkness Is Here: Western Civilization Falling Into The Bottomless Pit. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/07/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.