Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye (33876 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode Speaks On Melaye's Arrest & Hospitalization - Nigerians React / Dino Melaye Certificate: ABU Department Of Geography Was Under Faculty Of Arts / Certificate: ABU To Speak On Dino Melaye Today, Senate Begins Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by guychidile: 9:40am On Mar 23, 2017
my question is this...shy is that any time,an opponent have issues with powers to be,that issues of forgery ,looting,et cetera will be raised against the guy.why.!why!!why..!!!
Nigerians pls repent.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by DanseMacabre(m): 9:48am On Mar 23, 2017
Men if this shite is true, ABU don fall hand o. Their delaying to address the issue shows a level of hush-up or at the very least, mid-level complicity. To forge/issue false certificate na small thing na.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by karwa: 9:53am On Mar 23, 2017
If It Will Take 3 Days To Get The Records Of Someone That Graduated Just In '99,somthing Fraudulent Must Have Happened- Abu Is In A Damage Control Mode To Clean D Mess Of Some Fraudulent Exam Officer, Abu,like Most Institutions, Has A Team Of Ninjas(black Veiled Women) In A Dusty Rat Infested Room Looking For Dino's File, Or A Strongman Has Phoned D VC To Favour Mai Laya, Even If Mai Layi Graduated, He Must Hav Sorted Some Lecturers.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by morningsta(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
You don't need a transcript when you aren't going to a different school from that where you earned your requisite degree. If he claims to have obtained his first degree from ABU then he doesn't need a transcript to do his masters at ABU, his cert or statement of result would suffice.

@Op, the above scenario can only apply if one is continuing in the same department which is not the case here as Dino's first degree in Geography is from the faculty of Sciences while Masters in Int'l Affairs & Diplomacy (MIAD) is from another faculty altogether. consequently, his previous dept/faculty would be required to submit his transcript to enable him enroll for MIAD.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by Jobabori(m): 10:00am On Mar 23, 2017
TonySpike:

He's right to an extent. It is improper for any University to ask for academic transcript from itself. This is another ploy to squeeze money from its alumni. The international practice would be for your would-be postgraduate department (in the same University) to request for your academic records at the central Exams Office. But this is Nigeria and any goes, even at the Ivory Tower.
I did my first degree at Great Ife. When I applied to UI for masters, my transcript from Ife was demanded for. When I returned back to UI for Ph.D, my master's transcript was not required. Admission requirements and procedures in schools are not uniform.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by sheunpompey: 10:09am On Mar 23, 2017
Nigerians are always like that.... Paying for transcript in the same school where u graduated from That is day light robbery....

In the West here you don't need a transcript if you a graduate of the same school you intend doing your Masters , at least I know of Funaab and UI.....AS AN ALUMNI YOU DON'T NEED TRANSCRIPT FOR YOUR MASTERS ADMISSION. Amedi.[/quote]
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by nicolosam(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
You don't need a transcript when you aren't going to a different school from that where you earned your requisite degree. If he claims to have obtained his first degree from ABU then he doesn't need a transcript to do his masters at ABU, his cert or statement of result would suffice.

Transcript is needed sir! in fact, ur Ordinary level certificate requisite is now very essential for ur masters program as applied to ur undergraduate requirements .

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by sinistermind(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2017
topsam1:

And the transcript can't be forged either abi? I suppose u be nigerian nao...I'm not saying he actually forged, but just reminding you its possible.

How can u forge what u can't see? U dey school so?
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by router123(m): 10:52am On Mar 23, 2017
Nigeria na arrangee therefore don't assume that the fact that he did masters there he has a bsc.
I have seen during my service pple who don't have bsc do Nysc. D fact that they did NYSC shldnt cover up for bsc.
Am not saying Oga senator is guilty. But I knw that in Nigeria, anything is possible. You can see there are enough proof he gained admission into the Sch. And that he was a political active student. Anything is possible

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by kceewhyte(m): 11:08am On Mar 23, 2017
yaqq:
Dino says he is authentic ex student of ABU, Dino just snap am show us even if na certificate of attendance
or library ID card
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by VanBommel(m): 11:28am On Mar 23, 2017
madridguy:
I think not having result at all is far better than going around with fake/forged certificate. No wonder he could only raise a motion against tribal marks grin

Dino your cup don full, you better swallow your pride and beg the ogbanje news media " SR.
I'm not surprised at your comment, mediocrity runs in your blood undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by VanBommel(m): 11:34am On Mar 23, 2017
massinola:

Just to prove a point where there's none, you are saying what you don't have knowledge of. What you just wrote up there shows you are the one whose educational qualifications need to be questioned not Dino. I remembered how you and your BMC crew were bleeping like goats in heat period all over nairaland when Buhari was asked for his certificate. Saying all sort of things as waec isn't a prerequisite for good leadership. Now you are analyzing another's on the same issue. That's hypocrisy. To set the record straight, I graduated from Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger state, 2014. I went back for a masters programme 2016. I paid 5k for my transcript which was delivered to the PG school by the academic office. Anytime I wish, I can go to the academic office with my receipt and collect my copy.
Sometimes its better to keep quiet when you don't know what to say rather than rush here to ridicule yourself and gather likes from ignorant people.

Omenkalive where are you? Come and quote me with your lame and ignorant post. Every time you will be running your mouth like water board, ignorant of the fact you ain't making any sense. Just allowing politics becloud your sense of reasoning
stop wasting your time trying to boil stones cos it will never be edible. That fool you quoted is just a waste of spermatozoa.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by dollarsplenty(m): 11:52am On Mar 23, 2017
Dino graduated from ABU on 'Waiver/Amnesty' it is not unusual in those days to release troublesome unionists to allow peace to reign on campus
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by Moving4: 11:59am On Mar 23, 2017
What are they meeting for, don't dey HV records of past students?
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by bikefab(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
And PMB is the president even without a school cert. I love Nigeria.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by komekn(m): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
sinistermind:
The question is, is he running his masters there or not? If yes, then we all know u can't do that without a transcript, which isn't issued to students.

We are Nigerians normal rules of engagement are suspended or become non existent when dealing with political powerful and yes wealthy individuals.

I believe something is amiss, however, SR failed to get substantiated written and verified evidence. They should know the goal posts can be moved and anything not written denied.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by komekn(m): 12:38pm On Mar 23, 2017
dollarsplenty:
Dino graduated from ABU on 'Waiver/Amnesty' it is not unusual in those days to release troublesome unionists to allow peace to reign on campus

You cannot circumvent academic excellence for political expediency. It is not a honorary degree. You either meet the requirements for the award of Bachelors of whatever or you don't.

That is tantamount to fraud by ABU, so cause trouble and get your degree for free.

I can see how the facts are going to get very blurred and we would could have serious litigation issues. Because if this how his degree was awarded on the authority of who the university Senate or the HOD either way he did not meet the requirements for the award of degree and therefore his degree is not academically substantiated and is not certifiable. In other words he has graduated without qualification for degree.

ABU have a big problem that will not stand up to inspection.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by emmaliver(m): 12:42pm On Mar 23, 2017
omenkaLives:
pure lie. You need a transcript for MSC even in the same school you did BSC. How do they check you CGPA to ensure you are qualified for MSc n dont need PGD first?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by omenkaLives(m): 12:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
emmaliver:
pure lie. You need a transcript for MSC even in the same school you did BSC. How do they check you CGPA to ensure you are qualified for MSc n dont need PGD first?
For an MSc, you need no less than a second class lower degree and for a PhD, you need no less than a second class upper degree. These are stated in your certs.

This argument isn't even necessary. Don't know what y'all are on about.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by komekn(m): 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
It seems that SR may not be wrong the transcripts do not substantiate the degree but it was awarded. In Nigeria these sharp practices are not unknown.

However, the officers involved may have retired or moved on and or are trying to cover tracks.

Don't be surprised if all of a sudden a particular office of records in ABU just catch fire, I am sure those records will be manual and not digital.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by rezy15(m): 1:40pm On Mar 23, 2017
massinola:

Just to prove a point where there's none, you are saying what you don't have knowledge of. What you just wrote up there shows you are the one whose educational qualifications need to be questioned not Dino. I remembered how you and your BMC crew were bleeping like goats in heat period all over nairaland when Buhari was asked for his certificate. Saying all sort of things as waec isn't a prerequisite for good leadership. Now you are analyzing another's on the same issue. That's hypocrisy. To set the record straight, I graduated from Federal University of Technology, Minna, Niger state, 2014. I went back for a masters programme 2016. I paid 5k for my transcript which was delivered to the PG school by the academic office. Anytime I wish, I can go to the academic office with my receipt and collect my copy.
Sometimes its better to keep quiet when you don't know what to say rather than rush here to ridicule yourself and gather likes from ignorant people.

Omenkalive where are you? Come and quote me with your lame and ignorant post. Every time you will be running your mouth like water board, ignorant of the fact you ain't making any sense. Just allowing politics becloud your sense of reasoning
That's FUT Minna. At ABU I didn't need a transcript for my MSC cos I graduated from there. Maybe you shud ask fut Minna for a refund cos even in other universities I knw its the same practice
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by rezy15(m): 1:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
fujirice:

Jeezz!!!
Bros, where do you come from sef?
This is a public forum with different kinds of person in it. How can you spew such trash that since he graduated from Abu his transcript isn't required to further his education in the same Abu?
That is pure lies.
Even UNN charges her alumni what they charge those that their transcript will be sent abroad the same fee so what are you talking about?
Don't allow your hate for the guy beclowd your sense of objective reasoning.
Guy abu doesn't require it abeg. U too u don't knw. Stay in ur lane. I didnt need it when I applied my MSC at abu because I finished my first degree there
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by rezy15(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
tifany89:

You just silenced that ignoramus. Their(BMC) hypocrisy stinks to hell choi
Zombie supporter. Abu doesnt require it.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by sanusikebbe(m): 2:16pm On Mar 23, 2017
Well, as events are unfolding.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by fujirice: 2:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
rezy15:

Guy abu doesn't require it abeg. U too u don't knw. Stay in ur lane. I didnt need it when I applied my MSC at abu because I finished my first degree there
Ok.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by Codes151(m): 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
madridguy:
I think not having result at all is far better than going around with fake/forged certificate. No wonder he could only raise a motion against tribal marks grin

Dino your cup don full, you better swallow your pride and beg the ogbanje news media " SR.
is this one eating well??
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by rhymesnoni(m): 3:33pm On Mar 23, 2017
MA PROBLEM WIT DIZ MAN Z DAT HE TALKS TOO MUCH...
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by slimikenna(m): 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Let Buhari bring his waec result first. But why are apc members synonymous with certificate forgery?
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by guiddoti: 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2017
sinistermind:
The question is, is he running his masters there or not? If yes, then we all know u can't do that without a transcript, which isn't issued to students.
You mean school or school's employee can't package transcript for sitting senator. Anything is possible in Nigeria. let's wait for school response to be sure he did graduate from the school.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by guiddoti: 5:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
tunderay:
ABU should just address this matter once and for all, just like the Harvard University did. Certificate forging is a criminal offence , especially from someone that have occupied public offices for years.
They should put everything to rest once and for all.
bro, it will take donkey's months for school since those records are manually computed or documented. The reason why Nigerian universities should upgrade those records of students from 1960 on computerised system.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by tunderay(m): 5:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
guiddoti:
bro, it will take donkey's months for school since those records are manually computed or documented. The reason why Nigerian universities should upgrade those records of students from 1960 on computerised system.
very correct, I tend to agree with you. So many records would have lost cos of the manual systems then.
Re: Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye by Nengak: 8:05pm On Mar 23, 2017
Tokziby:
“We are gathering all the facts from the faculty and department, and will make a press statement tomorrow. Thanks,”

What fact are u gathering, if i may ask? That Dino-suar Malay graduated from ur school or not? The height of inefficiency at record keeping in our university is alarming. Their record keeping is so poor despite the level of technology that is readily available in our society. All u need is a click of the mouse to get the result out but i'm pretty sure someone has been given the herculean task of sweating his a*s out, looking through the stack of files in the store, searching for one certain Daniel Melaye that graduated in 1999. They'll probably be on their knees now praying, make no hungry rat or cockroach never chop am undecided

Naija Which way??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"No Serious Leader Will Go On Rest" - Peter Obi / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics / Atiku Shares Meal With Ex-Classmate Mammawa, During Visit To His Home (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.