Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (31136 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / May God Save Us From These Vulcanizers / How Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by bayulll011(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2017
Antoeni:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL VEHICLE USERS!

Good Evening sirs. Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put too much pressure in our tyres. How did I know?

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/14/know-your-tyre/

Pls check the recommended tyre pressure for your vehicle and others you know

Nice one I was doing some write up on my blog about almost all the tyres in Nigeria are expired or manufactured with low quality fibre materials one will wonder what is the work of SON,MAN and those idioticc labour leaders all they 're interested is money,we wast innocent life daily in Nigeria,our Hospital Nd health system is another gory avenue waiting to explode soon

2 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 26, 2017
ahahnow:
im sure i have read this post before. its ok nao. we have heard. chai
but some of us didn't see it then, if you have read it before move on to another topic don't waste your time and MB here. Vamoose! angry

2 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by 2shur: 11:40am On Mar 26, 2017
Baba na tokunbo win am.
We all kbow this shit.
But Bleep it its rainy season so def asphalt gonna be cold.
I do normal 50 on city only.
Never travel with ma ride.
Till i get a G wagon or Hummer I'm not travelling with ma car.

1 Like

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by owooba: 11:43am On Mar 26, 2017
Hope the state gov, mobiles a task force that can go around and checkmate them... that's my 2 cent on that note. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by corporateDan(m): 11:44am On Mar 26, 2017
smartty68:

Them go pack fufu gum for tyres like say na mud
grin. I tell you bro
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by owooba: 11:47am On Mar 26, 2017
Na true u talk have seen it up before too undecided undecided undecided cool
Dottore:
This has made front page in the recent past
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by mrgreen4real(m): 11:48am On Mar 26, 2017
This is the kind of tread we like seeing instead of Melaye certificate saga

2 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by stanleyuzoh022: 12:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Exponental:
Unfortunately, many Nigerians buy tokunbo cars without a Car Manual
you can always download the manual of your car online. I have the soft copy & hard copy of mine.

3 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by mokset123: 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2017
greenhulk:
Great information. Whenever I visit the vulcanizer to check my tires the clueless guys always tell me my pressure is low and I ask them where should it be they normally say 50, some even say 'oga na Jeep e suppose be 60'. I just laugh and tell them never to inflate above 35. The recommended is 32 but I do 35.

My guy aside that, the major culprit is fake/substandard tires. You can go buy brand new tires in the market fix them in your cars and at most those tires would serve you for just a year plus before you experience wobbling, tire burst and all that.

Just yesterday on my way from asaba. My tires I bought in 2014 of which one started wobbling inside late last year suddenly went totally bad while on the express.

So it seems if one doesn't buy from renowned tire brands like Michelin and Co, you might not get the best for money paid

3 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by mokset123: 12:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
bayulll011:

Nice one I was doing some write up on my blog about almost all the tyres in Nigeria are expired or manufactured with low quality fibre materials one will wonder what is the work of SON,MAN and those idioticc labour leaders all they 're interested is money,we wast innocent life daily in Nigeria,our Hospital Nd health system is another gory avenue waiting to explode soon

Spot on
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Drversatile: 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
Check the inflation pressure on the tire you are fixing if you under inflate you will burn more fuel.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by bakynes(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
That's why whenever I want to gauge my tyres I make sure the vulcanizer puts 35Psi the guage pressure for my vehicle, it can be found at the driver's door side lock. That's why I make sure I come down and bend down with the vulcanizer to make sure all the four tyres are guaged at the same pressure. Unlike some people that would be forming big man and big madam they sit-down there in the vehicle and just pass money to the vulcanizer those one will just put much air into the tyres.

4 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by 9jatatafo(m): 12:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
Kudos to the OP and knocks to the illiterate vulcanizers

1 Like

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by ManTiger(m): 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pls what is wrong with my car, the steering is not firm, sometimes it swerve to the right or left on its own. Like the steering is not firm like previous car I've driven.

My mechanic talk about alignment but I wanted to be sure before going for that.

1 Like

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by armadeo(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2017
ManTiger:
Pls what is wrong with my car, the steering is not firm, sometimes it swerve to the right or left on its own. Like the steering is not firm like previous car I've driven.

My mechanic talk about alignment but I wanted to be sure before going for that.

He's right. It needs alignment. Not expensive.

Mean while anyone knows the cost of 16R 225/70. Brand new/ toks

3 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by symbianDON(m): 1:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
few days ago, while seated in my car, a commercial car driver parked his car next to mine (he drove a 1992 corolla) and ordered the vulcaniser to inflate his tyres to 50psi each!!! I almost fainted. I unconsciously looked at the tyres and found them to be well worn tokumbos and 185/70 R13. needless to say, I looked st.u.pid when I tried to convince both the man and the vulcaniser that the air pressure was too much. they just looked at me like, 'see this one! wetin you sabi?'....

5 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Emassive(m): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
I av been making sure of this. New tyres are too expensive and the exchange rate has made not affordable coupled with other expenses one has to take care of within the car. Nigeria is blessed
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by InvertedHammer: 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2017
Antoeni:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL VEHICLE USERS!

Good Evening sirs. Many people have been wondering what could be the cause of the incessant tyre burst accidents on Nigerian roads. The major cause is that we put too much pressure in our tyres. How did I know?

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/14/know-your-tyre/

Pls check the recommended tyre pressure for your vehicle and others you know

Sorry. But we only have "fukunizers" in Nigeria.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by ManTiger(m): 1:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
armadeo:

He's right. It needs alignment. Not expensive.

Mean while anyone knows the cost of 16R 225/70. Brand new/ toks

Ok bro, thanks man.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Idoko619(m): 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2017
Pls can sm1 educate me more...hw do I knw whr mine is written nd hw do I ensure my fuckernizer as we v here guage it right.

I neva buy car but I d drive my fada Siena.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Originalsly: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
ziga:
The thread on a 7 year old tire is most definitely worn.
Really?...what if the car was parked for 7 years?... or has low mileage? ... or the tyre was never used? I must agree that we need to educate ourselves and ensure the tyre guys do the right thing. Have our own tyre gauge to check the pressure ourselves... we have to be responsible for our own lives... not leave it at the mercy of those guys. We have a car... we should know the pressure for the tyres.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by seguno2: 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
owooba:
Hope the state gov, mobiles a task force that can go around and checkmate them... that's my 2 cent on that note. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Why wait for the governor?
Why not form a sensitisation group and go around media houses until everyone is informed?
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by seguno2: 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Idoko619:
Pls can sm1 educate me more...hw do I knw whr mine is written nd hw do I ensure my fuckernizer as we v here guage it right.

I neva buy car but I d drive my fada Siena.

Please check below.

bakynes:
That's why whenever I want to gauge my tyres I make sure the vulcanizer puts 35Psi the guage pressure for my vehicle, it can be found at the driver's door side lock. That's why I make sure I come down and bend down with the vulcanizer to make sure all the four tyres are guaged at the same pressure. Unlike some people that would be forming big man and big madam they sit-down there in the vehicle and just pass money to the vulcanizer those one will just put much air into the tyres.
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by mu2sa2: 3:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
The only way you can be sure of your tyre gauge is to have your own pump and gauge. They are not expensive. I have a portable air compressor/gauge - bought it toks 7k more than 5 years ago and it is still working perfectly. The gauge used by roadside vulcanizers is dangerously inaccurate- it may read 40 psi when the pressure is actually 55 psi!

2 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by akigbemaru: 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
Vulcanizers causing road accidents in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by ibkgab001: 4:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
What is applicable I'm America is not in NIGERIA the choice is yours 50 is ok
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by aloziedaya(m): 6:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
Please the American measurements are different from other countries.
And that measurements you saw on the side door is for the tyre the car rolled out with from the factory.

Why tyres burst in Nigeria is stupidity and please TYRES DON'T EXPIRE.

Quote me any where
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by hijodedios: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
Exponental post=5
4959511:

Unfortunately, many Nigerians buy tokunbo cars without a Car Manual

Try and understand first before running to condem Nigerians,ah ah,the post says the information is written on the car door,NOT ON THE MANUAL
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
thanks op,but can you do us a favor by adding a picture of exactly where it is written on a car,thanks
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Nofuckgiven: 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
Go to school,dem no go gree! You might not end up rich but you may avoid death in cases like this cool Ignorance/illiteracy is a disease! tongue
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Wizenat: 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]Click the link and see photos of a BOY WHO POSTED ONLINE OF A BOY WHO CAUGHT HIS MOTHER ON TAPE DOING IT......
http://microify.com/6Jr
Re: Vulcanizers In Nigeria Are Killing People by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
It isn't too late to carry out an enlistment campaign on this vulcanizers. To enlighten them is synonymous with saving future lives

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Crazily Expensive Mercedes-benz Cars You’ve Never Seen Before. / I Caught My Bus Driver Sleeping On The Steering. Video / Bus Hits & Kills Some Cows In Delta State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.