Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) (62789 Views)

Statue Of Father Abraham Nwali By Ebonyi Catholic Parishioners / Masquerade Uses Statue Of Jesus Christ For His Performance. See Reactions / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Vioncy(f): 2:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lancelott:
The particular role of Mary
Among the Saints, the Blessed Virgin Mary plays a unique and privileged role.
As we've established, God, in choosing to become Man, ordained that men and women participate in the redemption of the human race. Therefore the Catechism prefixes any discussion of Mary with the following text:
487: What the Catholic faith believes about Mary is based on what it believes about Christ, and what it teaches about Mary illumines, in turn, its faith in Christ.
Notice the emphasis: Everything we believe about Mary is related to the Incarnation and it illuminates our Christian faith. To that end, Mary becomes our model of the perfect disciple. Nowhere is this more evident than in her response to the Angel Gabriel.
"Let it be done to me according to your word . . ."
With these words, Mary allowed God's eternal plan for our salvation to become manifest in our time and space.
The Catechism puts it this way:
"Let it be done to me according to your word. . ."
494 At the announcement that she would give birth to "the Son of the Most High" without knowing man, by the power of the Holy Spirit, Mary responded with the obedience of faith, certain that "with God nothing will be impossible": "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be [done] to me according to your word." Thus, giving her consent to God's word, Mary becomes the mother of Jesus. Espousing the divine will for salvation wholeheartedly, without a single sin to restrain her, she gave herself entirely to the person and to the work of her Son; she did so in order to serve the mystery of redemption with him and dependent on him, by God's grace:
As St. Irenaeus says,
"Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and for the whole human race."
Hence not a few of the early Fathers gladly assert:
"The knot of Eve's disobedience was untied by Mary's obedience: what the virgin Eve bound through her disbelief, Mary loosened by her faith."
Comparing her with Eve, they call Mary "the Mother of the living" and frequently claim: "Death through Eve, life through Mary."
Mary, by agreeing to bring Jesus into the world, became a "cause" of our Salvation.
In doing so, she mediated between Heaven and earth. Therefore, the Church gives Mary certain titles such as Mediatrix of all Grace and Co-Redemptrix.
Again, when we hear titles such as these, we must always remember that these titles are in no way equating Mary to Jesus. To the contrary, they are meant to be understood in relationship to Jesus Christ. Mary is what she is by grace and by virtue of being "in Christ." Since Jesus Christ is the source of all grace and Mary brought Jesus into the world, Mary is the Mediatrix of grace. Since she cooperated with God's redemptive plan, she is Co-Redemptrix.
No man can know the mystery behind salvation Grace Holiness and Divinity except it be made known to him by the divine force of heaven "THE HOLY SPIRIT"
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Rastamann: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:
I'm a Christian but not a catholic so I don't belief in d worship of mary.
However, God can Speak to his people thru different means in d old testament he caused a donkey to Speak in order to warn the errant Prophet balam

But dis statue though looks like dat of a demonic spirit it doesn't depict mary in Anyway compare it with d image below

Catholics don't worship Mary. They honor her.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by ooshinibos: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
Lancelott:
Really?? Then what is Christianity all about my brother?? Sowing seeds?? False speaking in tongues?? Hypocrisy?? Marrying and divorcing amongst pastors?? Using the Bible to collecting money and using that same Bible to threaten those that raise any brow... am disappointed in the way you commented... travel abroad and see your contemporaries there are embracing and tolerating each other's Faith...but here we claim to know what we don't... what a shame.
I am disappointed in you Lancelott ,you have really expressed why Nigeria and the other third world countries are still behind in all things and more , you cannot define Christianity based on the action of Bible illiterate people ,
see why i made my comments ...I decided to become a spiritual scientist by opening the Bible myself and understanding it by myself not from a third party , there is no where in the Bible where Virgin Mary was worshipped or exalted as a statue . ..this is why I said virgin Mary statue does not represent Christianity , Christianity is all about Jesus and the Grace of God for all mankind , which gives us the opportunity to have fellowship with our heavenly creator which is a father ( eternal life ) . i suggest you read the Bible yourself and get some understanding by yourself .
By the way there are topics about praying in tongues ( not speaking in tongues ) ...and sowing financial seeds ( but not by compulsion like some people do ) but you need to read the Bible yourself to understand it so that you can see the error people or even Christians make .
i do embrace all other faiths but i will not let my faith be misrepresented and not say anything . Peace and love

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by clovislouis(m): 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
Winnyluv:

Thanks dear smiley
can I get the pleasure of chatting on any social media wit u dear
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Tajbol4splend(m): 2:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
zainabxel:
Apparently It's not just Nigerian Muslims and Christians that are delusional.
It's a third world thing undecided

That ur dp though
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by alaskido(m): 3:06pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:
However, God can Speak to his people thru different means in d old testament he caused a donkey to Speak in order to warn the errant Prophet balam

But dis statue though looks like dat of a demonic spirit it doesn't depict mary in Anyway compare it with d image below

My guy the picture you have showed us is the American or British Mary. The other one is Argentina Mary. So they are two different Mary's.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Spicycat(f): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Emycord:
You will see bashing on this thread even from christians. They will doubt it but once allah appears to be eating meat fish and pawpaw and other food items they will start shouting allah abkar. As if allah has overthrown Almighty God

Allah is the Almighty God, get yourself educated bro you need it in this modern age. Even in churches where they're having Hausa section they refer God as Allah. #FACT

3 Likes

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
ooshinibos:
Seun this is unchristian stuff and it does not represent Christianity at all , it should not be allowed on this platform ... if it was Islamic ..you will not let it be published , rightly so , ..why do you hate Christianity so much seun ..
Images are part and parcel of christianity, they predate the christian bible.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Emycord: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
Spicycat:

Allah is the Almighty God, get yourself educated bro you need it in this modern age. Even in churches where they're having Hausa section they refer God as Allah. #FACT
are you a muslim or christian if ur muslim i'm not suprised but it will be bad if as christian you think allah is God almighty
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
U don't worship her but u do need down in front of her status everyday, if that action is not worship then, how do u define that?
I also kneel in front of my bible is that also worship?
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by orisa37: 3:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
Anambracadabra exported to Argentina..
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by eodavids(m): 3:32pm On Mar 24, 2017
ATENTION!
please, Christians should heed the provisions of the Bible, especially that in Hebrews 1:1 which says that God, at sundry times had spoken to our forefather through Prophets, Dreams or other means, but today speaks to us through His Son JESUS-CHRIST.

There is nothing God will tell people through a statue. Whatever God has to say to people in the world today is through Christ Jesus, who will judge the quick and the dead.

Thank God we can safely find the words of Jesus in the Bible. Thank God the Bible is easily available.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2017
naijaent:

Here exactly is the problem. You're not supposed to ask her to intercede for you because the bible says that no one coming to God except through Jesus and that is why we as Christians say "In Jesus name". Nowhere in the bible did they ask you to ask Mary to help you intercede.
In the same bible we are made aware that people may interceed for each other. it is called intercession.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

D last time I followed my dad to his catholic church for a special service we were asked to kneel before a statue of mary before exiting d church, I saw it as idolatory and decided not to kneel.
Mary deserves honour just like so many other Bible character, I personally wud like to honour David bcuz I've taken him as my mentor but however I can't ask him to intercede on my behalf bcuz I have d holy spirit 4 dat d Bible calls him our intercessor and d Bible also told us dat jesus christ is seated at d right hand of d father making intercession 4 us.
The reference d Bible gave to past saints is in hebrews 12:1 according to dat scripture dey are simply watching us like tv they are not interceding 4 us bcuz Dats not their job its d job of d holy Ghost
Did you miss the part in hebrew that says we are in a feast with them
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:38pm On Mar 24, 2017
naijaent:

Is that what the bible told or you're just trying to use common sense on religious matters. And how does the servants running to the mother of Christ have to do with praying to the mother of Christ. Can you see how you guys just pick a part of the bible to buttress an unrelated point.
To pray is old english for to ask. If the servants are allowed to ask marys intercession what prevents us.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Ubenedictus(m): 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2017
galaxy15:
nonsense Cultism. I'm a christian but will not support this rubbish. This is a sign from the pit of hell. one simple question, is it Mary that shed her blood for you? or Jesus? so why's the blood coming from her. Also, in this present day, why will Jesus have to show his blood before you believe. the blood has been shed and has fulfilled it's purpose so any other blood is a satanic sign. Don't let your Emotions lead you astray. the fact that you're a Christian doesn't mean you shouldn't use your senses as Christians . Use your brain!!!
did ur own Jesus fall from the sky?

2 Likes

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by ladyverere(f): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
That statute is a demonic Idol!

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Sirheny007(m): 3:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
It is because u don't really understand the meanin of worship or u just agreed with what u have been tellin that "it is not worship but ardoration".

Bro, I am done with you..
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by me69: 3:52pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

so na dis one dipict Mary
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by mexxmoney: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2017
Silly tricks to continue to keep simpletons in mental captivity. Some people are already calling it a miracle and the owner of the statue (who is most likely behind the scam) is already saying Mary has appeared to him. Next he will claim to have received a message and a shrine will be created for the idol and Lo and behold, my people will start traveling from all over the world to pray to that thing and make donations to the church. As for the owner of the statue, he will be well rewarded. He could even be beatified (blessed) and made a saint 200 years from now and another generation of deluded individuals will make him a patron saint and start asking him to pray for them and intercede for them. Meanwhile God will be in heaven watching the whole drama and shaking His head at the foolishness of the men He created.

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 24, 2017
the statue looks highly irritating and disgusting, infact all those humanbeing-made statue/idol of mary looks scary and irritating.. Nonsense

all honour belongs to God alone
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2017
ooshinibos:

I am disappointed in you Lancelott ,you have really expressed why Nigeria and the other third world countries are still behind in all things and more , you cannot define Christianity based on the action of Bible illiterate people ,
see why i made my comments ...I decided to become a spiritual scientist by opening the Bible myself and understanding it by myself not from a third party , there is no where in the Bible where Virgin Mary was worshipped or exalted as a statue . ..this is why I said virgin Mary statue does not represent Christianity , Christianity is all about Jesus and the Grace of God for all mankind , which gives us the opportunity to have fellowship with our heavenly creator which is a father ( eternal life ) . i suggest you read the Bible yourself and get some understanding by yourself .
By the way there are topics about praying in tongues ( not speaking in tongues ) ...and sowing financial seeds ( but not by compulsion like some people do ) but you need to read the Bible yourself to understand it so that you can see the error people or even Christians make .
i do embrace all other faiths but i will not let my faith be misrepresented and not say anything . Peace and love
I am sorry if you misunderstood me or if I sounded harsh... I really am...just that I hate people branding us as pagans when only God can judge... the Bible says judge not...so how come some Christians who claim to know so much display so little spiritual understanding... we are one.. Only God Almighty knows who's a pagan or not.
Most people practise hypocrisy instead of Christianity... they openly abuse us, mock us but yet they lack all Christian virtues..
they accept jobs from us "pagans" in their words..
If we give them money, they'll collect from us ''pagans"
We render help to everyone yet we are pagans...
Faith and GOOD WORKS my brothers not hypocrisy....
How many times do you give alms or food to beggars??
How many naked and imprisoned have you clothed and visited...
It's not the noise and hypocrisy people practise that'll take you to heaven... call us pagans and idolators, I'll accept but let those people who insult us know these few facts
You came from us
You borrowed most of our doctrines
We preserved the Bible long enough for you to have it
We defended our Faith in tough times
We defend you in more ways than you know, how about you do the same??
Enough is enough!!!
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
mexxmoney:
Silly tricks to continue to keep simpletons in mental captivity. Some people are already calling it a miracle and the owner of the statue (who is most likely behind the scam) is already saying Mary has appeared to him. Next he will claim to have received a message and a shrine will be created for the idol and Lo and behold, my people will start traveling from all over the world to pray to that thing and make donations to the church. As for the owner of the statue, he will be well rewarded. He could even be beatified (blessed) and made a saint 200 years from now and another generation of deluded individuals will make him a patron saint and start asking him to pray for them and intercede for them. Meanwhile God will be in heaven watching the whole drama and shaking His head at the foolishness of the men He created.
Only God will judge... just watch your tongue so it's not used against you during judgement
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by assana: 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2017
spartan117:

the statue below is what I have seen a few times In my dreams.
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 4:26pm On Mar 24, 2017
Go to troubled States or countries both home and abroad... we are there
Go to terrorism infested zones.... we are there
Places where "Churches of Faith" run from we are there
We have never been involved in tax fraud
We do not use the Bible to extort money from members in the name of unnecessary seeds
We preach salvation first and not prosperity but yet we prosper
We have given billions of dollars in donations to those in need...
My brothers that are from the holy Churches, what have you and your church done for the society??
Truthfully the statue thing strikes me as a hoax too but only God knows... Let him judge
On so many occasions the Church has proven many of these to be hoaxes...
In the year 1999 so many so called churches in Nigeria predicted the end of the world and asked people to sell off their properties to the church but the Catholic church kicked against it....that's how so many churches boomed..
When there was injustice in Nigeria during the reign of Abacha, Our "pagan" pope left Rome to warn Abacha to stop but where were the pastors of holy churches...
Ingrates and hypocrites
"Go to the Ant of sluggard, consider its way and be wise"
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by nurusystem(m): 4:31pm On Mar 24, 2017
Idle worshipers what can you do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by NoWorries7(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2017
May the wrath of Great God Almighty, fall on these demons, worshiped by the Catholics...
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by kareemkamil(m): 4:43pm On Mar 24, 2017
wahlahi, Islam is the only the way.

1 Like

Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by IbnMajaah: 4:44pm On Mar 24, 2017
pinnket:
Anyway it might be Possible considering how people honor her more than the Lord Jesus Christ whom alone we all are suppose to honor and glorify.
God knows best.!!

No catholic should quote me please
God is the one and only Lord and Jesus is not God .
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
nurusystem:
Idle worshipers what can you do?
You are a Muslim so I don't consider you in an argument about Christianity... Perhaps when it's about your Faith, I'll invite you to talk... don't worry I'll soon come and comment in your section
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by Lancelott(m): 4:48pm On Mar 24, 2017
kareemkamil:
wahlahi, Islam is the only the way.
This is not the Muslim section... don't worry the mods will soon restrict Muslims from Christian section
Re: Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) by softtouch2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Seun and his Jihadist mod never cease mocking Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Tom Samson Wins "Best Pastor Of The Year" Award, Poses In His Limousine / Members Beat Pastor James Mugo After He Asked Them To Pay ₦16,000 To Unlock 2022 / Mummy GO Spotted Grabbing Pizza (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.