Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,652 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time (19977 Views)

10 Best Video Games Boss Battles Of The Decade / 10 Most Annoyingly Difficult Video Games Of All Time / Hilarious Video Games Meme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
What about the boss in Mario? That's one of the hardest.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Ultimacia - Final Fantasy 8
Utimacia is perhaps, the ultimate, example of Final Fantasys often elaborate storytelling. But whether she makes sense or not (*SPOILER * she doesn't >: ) you've got to admit she's extremely difficult to beat,,,. Unlike any boss before her, Ultimecia will punish, you for any sort of imbalance you've created in your party. Randomly choosing which members of your party she wants to molest, you'll soon find all the characters you ignored since disc one absorbed into the timestream for such idiocy. I hadn't €™t touched Selphie since the Dollet missions, at least a day€™s worth of game time ago €“ the sorceress just demolished her and moved onto the next unprepared weakling. But what really set Ultimecia aside as one of the most formidable bosses in Final Fantasy was the fact you had to beat her in four stages. First she turns up as herself (difficult enough in itself), then summons a ridiculously powerful Guardian Force who can strip you of your own GFs before you can even blink. If like me, you€™d spent the majority of your battles spamming the GFs because you simply couldn't be arsed to draw out a fight, this came as a bitter kick in the down-belows. But not to worry, if you do eventually make it past that, she'll only come back twice more, each time with exponentially increasing power! A lot of RPG gamers can trace their nightmare back to this lady! Hardcore RPG gamers can testify to how tough this lady is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyILfPaVbyE

This is rubbish! In the Final Fantasy series from 7 to present I don't think there are harder bosses than Emerald Weapon from FF7 or Ultima Weapon from FF8 (though to be fair this one is level dependant). Even Ozma in FF9 was harder than Ultimecia.

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Onyenna(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
Dudeweedlmao:

Hahaha wtf, do you mean the bolded literally or metaphorically?

Literally bro....i was able to beat Psycho Mantis back then by switching ports....works like Magic....He'll try to read your mind to no avail....
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by spartan117(m): 5:19pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Shao kahn - Mortal kombat 9
This is boss is one of earliest boqss that upped their game in terms of difficulty. Khan is strong, can block like a pro and will taunt you in the middle of the of the battle The final battles with Shao Kahn in Mortal Kombat II & 3 are equally as irritating as his appearance in the 2011 reboot, but it's the latter version that appears here, for one simple reason. You have no choice but to fight the evil emperor as anyone other than Raiden at the climax of MK9's story mode, and that's just a load of bollocks. If you're not a Raiden fan, you're forced into using him, and even if you are, you're still up against the guy that has an answer for everything. Shao can't be staggered, stunned or thrown and, to make matters worse, his X-ray move takes off over 50% of your health in one fell swoop. Screw that. If you mistakenly set the game to hard while playing this games oh boy hell will loose because before you can say jack this boss will K'O you. The only way to beat this boss is to use a quick and powerful attack like Raiden's and just hope you'll get lucky. This is one of the that requires less skill and more luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iikOci-L8
I was beginning to wonder when u would include shao Khan #hardest boss ever grin
Nice post wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Psycho mantis Metal gear Solid
Psycho mantis is one "psycho boss" you'll ever face in the metal gear series. This boss can be easy if you know what to do but he can also be a very tough nut to crack if you don't have any idea of what to do. if you don't have any idea on how to beat this boss, my brother, my sister "you are on a long thing" , if you like spam all the weapons Snake has he would be able to predict your every move. Who would have thought that the only way to fool his mind reading abilities is to plug the controller to the second port, this never crossed the mind of gamers back in the 90's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0oHnGM_iQw

The hardest bosses of all times exists only in 8 bit n 16 bit video games.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Shaev7(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Psycho mantis is one "psycho boss" you'll ever face in the metal gear series. This boss can be easy if you know what to do but he can also be a very tough nut to crack if you don't have any idea of what to do. if you don't have any idea on how to beat this boss, my brother, my sister "you are on a long thing" , if you like spam all the weapons Snake has he would be able to predict your every move. Who would have thought that the only way to fool his mind reading abilities is to plug the controller to the second port, this never crossed the mind of gamers back in the 90's.

Why can't I read your mind? This guy stressed me but not too long when I got the trick, swift moves. MGS for life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by azpekuliar: 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
All the bosses in Bloodborne alone qualify to make this list.. cheesy
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by sarutobie(m): 6:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Spidermon:

Yes oo. Freeze, uppercut and repeat till fade.
Combos or any other techniques were punishable.
Not the frontal freeze but the shower freeze..and make sure to backtrack quickly after landing the uppercut.

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
I feel some games are missing
Kingdom of Amalur final opponent is a dragon which only can be killed if u aim for a part in his chest which is not visible at all, b4 u can see dat spot baba don kill u most especially if u play it on hard

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hmm.
Gotta get myself video game consoles sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by chukzyfcbb: 7:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Gbengadaniel12:
Vaas from far cry3
Say hello
bro how did u start this game, the game is so confusing I dunno how to even begin
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Kaycee7(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Kaxmytex:
i dont think i do games lyk before anymore and. d last boss game i played...

hmm.... i think dat should be GOW2... showdown between kratos and zeus...

i didn't even break a sweat...i slayed kratos after second trial....

the best way to play all dis boss game is to think lyk the developer...

realize the pattern being used by the developer and you are good to go....

played mkke aswell...., chai, miss good old days
So you beat God of War 2, most likely on easy setting, and you're feeling like giving tips.
Play the game again on hard setting.
Play Devil May Cry 3, Ninja Gaiden, any souls game then come and talk about developer's pattern again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by sniperwolf(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:

This one no hard o, just switch control to port 2
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
sniperwolf:

This one no hard o, just switch control to port 2
But who would have known, If you don't use walkthrough, this boss is hell
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Weezyclan(m): 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, I have a Facebook Account with Active
5000 friends and about 5000 followers because the account is popular.

The account features:
1. 5000 friends

2. about 5000 followers

3. The account has 99% of nigerians

4. The account also has a facebook page with 2100+ fans

5. It is efficient for those who blog and post online because the account get tagged and
shared in each photo.

6. Every day friend requests comes in thereby gaining more followers

Account for sale at #3,000 only. if you need the page then i'll sell
it together for #5,000 only.

It will provide you at least 2k views per day if
you schedule your posts and you can add them to your group too

Bonus for buyer-

Free Facebook group. Don't be deceived by high number of FB
groups for sale most of those groups ain't active. Buy this FB
account today and build your group. Contact me on facebook here Now..
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
spartan117:
I was beginning to wonder when u would include shao Khan #hardest boss ever grin Nice post wink
Thanks man grin
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by oneroflo57(m): 8:11pm On Aug 02, 2017
Did any of you so called gamers play family con or what ever it was called (8 bit i think)
Men 80s/90s were so fun
There is this game double dragon 3 or so ...the final boss was a lady and i or anyone i knew could not defeat her ...there us also another boss that was a ninja cery tough to beat....that game was really really something else

Then this also very sweet game dj boy...they move with rollerskates and fight their way to each stage final boss...you can choose from 3 characters...a chubby guy,a gurl and another guy

Then there us also this turtle ninja that was very very interesting ...and the final biss was really really difficult...the day i eventually defeated him no one was around and nepa took light so no one believed me when i said i defeated him

Battletoads was also nice

In recent times darksouls ...everything u encounter is like a boss fight
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by litaninja(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Man wey sabi! That double dragon boss was maaaaddddantin. You had to coordinate wella with your player 2 to do the combo spin kick multiple times to effectively win! Lmao!
Good times.....good times!!!

oneroflo57:
Did any of you so called gamers play family con or what ever it was called (8 bit i think)
Men 80s/90s were so fun
There is this game double dragon 3 or so ...the final boss was a lady and i or anyone i knew could not defeat her ...there us also another boss that was a ninja cery tough to beat....that game was really really something else

Then this also very sweet game dj boy...they move with rollerskates and fight their way to each stage final boss...you can choose from 3 characters...a chubby guy,a gurl and another guy

Then there us also this turtle ninja that was very very interesting ...and the final biss was really really difficult...the day i eventually defeated him no one was around and nepa took light so no one believed me when i said i defeated him

Battletoads was also nice

In recent times darksouls ...everything u encounter is like a boss fight

2 Likes

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by SeKTo(m): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2017
dope post
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by davostar: 9:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol You forgot that mission where CJ couldn't follow the Damn train....

Good times

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by CODEEATER(m): 10:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
Vasaratti16:

All these years...almost 2 decades ....and all I could have done was change port?�

Please shift lemme faint�
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by axletton115(m): 11:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
whoisboj:
I feel some games are missing
Kingdom of Amalur final opponent is a dragon which only can be killed if u aim for a part in his chest which is not visible at all, b4 u can see dat spot baba don kill u most especially if u play it on hard
Really enjoyed this game! Was sad when I completed it with nothing else to do in game.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by rezy15(m): 11:29pm On Aug 02, 2017
Will a boss list be complete without sephiroth and baba Armstrong? Almost closed the list until I saw Armstrong. The beating that guy gave me changed my life. Proud to say I beat him on hard after securing the medic suit. Since den no other boss has come close to making me cry blood. Death to Armstrong!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by cao(f): 11:53pm On Aug 02, 2017
MasterChen:
Lol. This is the first time I'm seeing someone say Shao Khan is tough. Shao Khan wey plenty people dey close eye beat.
I don't know what rock you've been hiding under...SK that will just mess up your playthrough at the final match. There are various forum threads and videos dedicated to just beating SK alone.
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Kaycee7(m): 4:46am On Aug 03, 2017
Too bad most devs have given up torturing gamers. Apart from the Souls series, we may not see any memorable tough boss again. Devs are now making games too easy for today's gamers
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by MobileGees: 8:05am On Aug 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:
sephiroth - Kingdom Hearts 2
Sephiroth was tough enough in final Fantasy 7 but his incarnation in Kingdom Hearts was definitely brutal, he's fast, strong and has some devastating attacks that seems impossible to dodge only with perfect timing and high level can you beat this guy This is the kind of boss that will make you speak in tongues while fighting grin . . Sephiroth is one boss that is very very fast and in order to beat this beast human you need to be extremely fast in fact only few players of can boast to have beaten this boss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLPyUxIwlA&gl=NG&hl=en-ng
Hahaha....... This got me ROTFL

Nice post
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by sniperwolf(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2017
Vasaratti16:
But who would have known, If you don't use walkthrough, this boss is hell

During battle, I think either the colonel or Miller called to give the hint.
I played MGS in 1999 and I didn't have access to internet at that time. Where was I supposed to get the Walkthrough from?
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Gbengadaniel12: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

bro how did u start this game, the game is so confusing I dunno how to even begin
hardest game I ever played and it was easymode and don't even want to imagine how the other mode would be, so frustrating that I had to abandon it many times but there was this zeal that keep saying you most go back, thanks to YouTube I learnt how to increase his health, and lot of skills,my advice is to start from the beginning and pay attention to the instructions on how to hunts, craft weapons,sneak on enemies, unlock radio towers,
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by chukzyfcbb: 7:49pm On Aug 03, 2017
Gbengadaniel12:
hardest game I ever played and it was easymode and don't even want to imagine how the other mode would be, so frustrating that I had to abandon it many times but there was this zeal that keep saying you most go back, thanks to YouTube I learnt how to increase his health, and lot of skills,my advice is to start from the beginning and pay attention to the instructions on how to hunts, craft weapons,sneak on enemies, unlock radio towers,
lol, the game don't seem user friendly to me
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by oneroflo57(m): 12:25am On Aug 04, 2017
litaninja:
Man wey sabi! That double dragon boss was maaaaddddantin. You had to coordinate wella with your player 2 to do the combo spin kick multiple times to effectively win! Lmao!
Good times.....good times!!!

g

That game was very interesting back then sha
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by Gbengadaniel12: 12:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
lol, the game don't seem user friendly to me
just hard I don't why, try to watch walk through on YouTube
Re: 10 Toughest/Hardest Video Games Boss Of All Time by sirhamilton(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
This is incomplete without the following bosses from METAL GEAR SNAKE EATER

1. The End
the legendary "Ancient Sniper" of the Cobra Unit. He is about 100 years. At some point in his life, he was infected with a species of parasite , greatly increasing his lifespan and giving him several abilities that made him a natural sniper.

2.The Boss
The Boss , also known as The Joy, The Mother of Special Forces, Mercury Lady and Voyevoda was a renowned American female soldier, founder and leader of the Cobra Unit , the biological mother of Ocelot , and mentor and mother figure to Naked Snake . In June 1944, during
World War II , she led the Cobra Unit to victory at the Battle of Normandy. Together with Naked Snake, she developed the technique of
CQC.

Ps: you get see where she dey beat snake ���

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Football Manager 2021 PC Official Thread / Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Official Thread For FIFA 2016 PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.