Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,391 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Am I Doing The Right Thing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing The Right Thing? (920 Views)

My Sister Cancels Her Wedding. Is She Doing The Right Thing? / When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Doing The Right Thing? by ikeno(m): 1:37pm On Mar 25, 2017
Need candid advice from NLers. I don't know if am doing the right thing;this has to do with the fact that I prefer sending text messages than physically expressing my feelings towards the opposite sex. If I get offended by someone,I rather send a text to he/she expressing my emotional anger than confronting the person.This also applies when I have emotional feelings towards a girl,I do rather send her a text than telling her in person.

Its really affecting me personally and also relationship wise.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Cutehector(m): 1:38pm On Mar 25, 2017
No one will take you serious when you express your feelings through text..
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2017
ikeno:
Need candid advice from NLers. I don't know if am doing the right thing;this has to do with the fact that I prefer sending text messages than physically expressing my feelings towards the opposite sex. If I get offended by someone,I rather send a text to he/she expressing my emotional anger than confronting the person.This also applies when I have emotional feelings towards a girl,I do rather send her a text than telling her in person.

I guess you are a stammer. Talk to her, if she no gree you move to the next
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by phensbassey: 1:41pm On Mar 25, 2017
sir you need to physically express yourself. there is little or no emotions conveyed through text..
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by gbegemaster(m): 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
ikeno:

Dont worry. Am sure you'll meet a woman who also prefers texting.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by snakebeat: 1:58pm On Mar 25, 2017
ikeno:

How old are u sir?

Text method of communication is often used by weak men...i'm sure anytime u try to speak, your heart beat fast....
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by amprat: 2:07pm On Mar 25, 2017
The problem is not being able to express yourself at all,seems you're more of a writer than a talker,being able to express through writing is good but talking is better women work more with spoken words. I once lost a wonderful lover cos he couldn't express himself years down the line after the breakup am shocked to realize what I meant and still mean to him, but it's too late, Don't loose precious moments and people please work on yourself .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2017
Oyind18:
I guess you are a stammer. Talk to her, if she no gree you move to the next
Salvage...cheesy
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 25, 2017
I prefer texting too, cos I tend to pour out my mind when I text someone. Everybody can't be the same.

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Acidosis(m): 3:28pm On Mar 25, 2017
ToriBlue:
I order texting too cos I tend to pour out my mind when I text someone. Everybody can't be the same.

OP, I present you a wonderful wife.

Cheers.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by typingmaster: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
Cutehector:
No one will take you serious when you express your feelings through text..
Fallacy of generalization!

Actually, some people don't care whichever way one chooses to express him/herself.
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by helinues: 4:09pm On Mar 25, 2017
At times, you need to face reality. Be a man and express your feelings in person. But try not to be rude no matter what
Re: Am I Doing The Right Thing? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Mar 25, 2017
ikeno:

Maybe you could provide more information; something doesn't add up

Like the part about sending a text to someone you like. How did you get the number in the first place? (I guess, certainly NOT by sending an SMS.)

So you see; you actually do speak sometimes. Maybe you're worried that you don't speak enough.

There is nothing wrong with written communication; there are times when written words could be more appropriate. However you'll need to get a sense of when SPEAKING will get your thoughts out better. You can't keep writing all the time.

After all, the world is NOT Nairaland

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Over Protective Parents Raise The Best Liar. ..am I Right? / Why Do Women Are Always At Receiving End Of Family Planning? / 80 Years Papa Married 25 Years Old Of Age In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.