Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Still In Search Of The Right Time For My Sunday Worship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Still In Search Of The Right Time For My Sunday Worship (312 Views)

When Is The Right Time To Tell Him/Her Of A Child From Previous Relationship? / It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / Is This The Right Time To Call The Inlaws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still In Search Of The Right Time For My Sunday Worship by yummyyummy: 4:59pm On Mar 25, 2017
http://musingsamplified..com.ng/2017/03/still-in-search-of-right-time-for-my.html#more

I travel to church on Sundays. From Lagos to Ota. This I consider a shorter and ‘Eazi-er’ journey than Accra to Lagos. When people ask me why I travel that far to worship. I usually quip, “life itself is a journey, so if we journey through life whose course can be very unpredictable, tedious and long everyday what is journeying to Ota once a week?” What follows usually is a nodding of head and silence. Whether my reply is very deep or very stupid to elicit this kind of response I cannot tell.

As a single guy, going to church on Sundays was the simplest task. All I needed to do was wake up, brush, dress up. Thirty minutes tops I’m done. I always preferred the first service because by 11am I am back home and because the day is still young I have ample time to indulge in extracurricular activities as a young man. My Church conducts five services. Now, with two soldiers and a deputy commander, preparation for church is no mean feat and my battle to keep to my service preference seems like a ‘never-winning’ one. I have not given up yet although I must confess it has been a while since I attended first service. In fact, my service schedule these days are as erratic as the British weather but the battle continues.

Read the rest of this musing at >>>
http://musingsamplified..com.ng/2017/03/still-in-search-of-right-time-for-my.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Family That Stays In Love Stays Together / Maths Practice Questions For This Holiday Period / Happiness Is An Inside Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.