Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,992 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 (30216 Views)

I Bought A Paint Bucket Of Garri N1000 In My Area. How Much Is It In Your Area? / Drinking Of Garri And The Poverty Stigma / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Pecca: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Fadamant:

I have been asking to know the reasons there seems to be shortage of garri(why its now expensive). So far I am not satisfied with what I have been told. Reasons like, people in rural areas no longer farming owing to communal clashes, menace of cult boys operating in villages and fulani herdsmen destroying farms with their cattle. Are these the real reasons? If they are, then why is garri expensive in rural areas too given that they produce the garri by themselves?
so if they sell their garri to you for peanuts when they come to your shop to buy rice or fish they will add their spittle plus one of their kids to make up the ever increasing difference in price

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by ekanDamie: 10:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
deji15:

Do you know it takes only three month for planted Cassava to be ready for harvest? I'm sure you are already getting ideas...lol
you can't be serious, 3months? ours has been planted for 5months now and it's still growing. our neighbours own is over a year now he hasn't harvested.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by ab1x: 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
700 @ Ijebu ode

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by oshe11: 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
I believe its greed on their part. since d price of virtually everything has gone up the farmers no wan carry last. I feel Sorry for dis generation.
greed ke
so u want dem to sell cheap n buy oda tinx cost?
no b gain wen dem gt frm dia garri dem go tk pay 4 oda stuffs.... or u tynk dey r immune to hardship
u sef reason am na

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by sunbreaker: 10:55pm On Mar 28, 2017
teekay213:
No b only you o.
This country Don tire me.
Last week I went market with the price of goods I brought 2 weeks ago.I was shocked with new price I saw.I nearly cry because it was my baby food I must buy it.
I won comot for this country even na Togo.WETIN!
Even if you go Togo,the same things happening.I was at Cotonou/Togo border three days ago and the food vendor over there were complaining the same thing.Better stay in your country,where a good Samaritan can give you plate of food if you are hungry than to rush go abroad where shame will not allow you to return if things fall apart.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by lastmaster(m): 10:57pm On Mar 28, 2017
3500 in lag
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by seun1960(m): 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
We are killing ourselves in this country, I bought garri in january for 700n dis month I bought same paint of garri for 1000n. Pls who is to be blamed for this? Left to me, we Nigerians are the cause of this recession and many things happening to us.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
ekanDamie:

you can't be serious, 3months? ours has been planted for 5months now and it's still growing. our neighbours own is over a year now he hasn't harvested.

Even @ 12 months, it is worth the effort.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Earth2Metahuman: 11:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
jakandeola:
poor pple evrywia cos of chinken change 1k
I'm sure they are still feeding you.

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by opethom(m): 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
My wife waznt feeling fine so she made d list for me to go to market.
I was shocked everywhere they were selling dat custard paint N1,200
The last time I bought garri was in January and I bought it N600
I buy d garri wit vex.
Virtually everything I bought I bought dem grumbling at d outrageous Prices of foodstuffs.
Please how much is garri in ur area/state/location.
you better thank God say you see money buy ham, you even see money buy good phone, still see money buy data.... The change never reach your side and I pray e no go reach your side, I saw one guy way wan sell all his shoe and cloth to buy food chop, e Don sell his phone Tay Tay

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Juliearth(f): 11:07pm On Mar 28, 2017
[quote author=YesNo post=55003199]Thats the sad tale of Nigerians and the Nigerian food/household market.

Milk has totally lost taste. in those days you will smell your neighbours cup of tea from the next house. but now you can not get such milk no matter how much you have in your wallet.

I remember when B29 soap came out. it was the first of its kind with superb smell and quality. but now, it turns to PASTE if u leave it in water for 3 mins.

Back then, you dare not use more than 2 Maggi cubes for a pot of anything you are cooking. but now....

even Coca-Cola now tastes like SH!T

quality of goods is going down, price and demand is going WAY UP.

This country is indeed a mess,but I belief that all these will be over soon.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by ahamonyeka(m): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
I bought for 900 on Sunday.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by enemmo(f): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2017
I just bought today.

Yellow garri paint is #1000

Ijebu garri/white garri is #900 for paint garri.

From Okota, Lagos.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Juliearth(f): 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Here in Kaduna,it goes for 800( central market)
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Earth2Metahuman: 11:09pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pecca:

so if they sell their garri to you for peanuts when they come to your shop to buy rice or fish they will add their spittle plus one of their kids to make up the ever increasing difference in price
so, because rice becomes expensive means I should inflate the price of my own products too right?

Going by your logic, once the price of any product goes up in the market, even if its cocacola, I should increase the price of my own goods, even if the cost of production of the two products are differen. Right?

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by shortgun(m): 11:16pm On Mar 28, 2017
I feel ur pains but I don't pity most of you.
I took it upon myself to warn anybody who cared to listen that APC will bring hardship to Nigerians like never seen before but many didn't listen.

Jonathan was not the president to take us to the promised land but we were on the way.
APC came in and took us 30years back as a Nation.
You can imagine people celebrating that naira has bounced back!
At 380/$?
How much do we fuel our cars today?
How much do we pay for electricity that is not even available?
Prices of foodstuffs have skyrocketed.

The only thing this govt.is good at is making life unbearable for its citizens, deceit n propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by greatman247(m): 11:19pm On Mar 28, 2017
It's N650-N700 here (White Garri).
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by yemmit90: 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2017
opethom:
you better thank God say you see money buy ham, you even see money buy good phone, still see money buy data.... The change never reach your side and I pray e no go reach your side, I saw one guy way wan sell all his shoe and cloth to buy food chop, e Don sell his phone Tay Tay

This one strong o.

5 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Bizibi(m): 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
YesNo:
Thats the sad tale of Nigerians and the Nigerian food/household market.

Milk has totally lost taste. in those days you will smell your neighbours cup of tea from the next house. but now you can not get such milk no matter how much you have in your wallet.

I remember when B29 soap came out. it was the first of its kind with superb smell and quality. but now, it turns to PASTE if u leave it in water for 3 mins.

Back then, you dare not use more than 2 Maggi cubes for a pot of anything you are cooking. but now....

even Coca-Cola now tastes like SH!T

quality of goods is going down, price and demand is going WAY UP.
damn!!!! The milk part made me miss peak milk in the 90's,smh kai!!!!!
We dey eat rubbish now

1 Like

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by ekanDamie: 11:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
deji15:

Even @ 12 months, it is worth the effort.
why did u modify? 3-5months cassava is against the natural process of cassava harvesting. all this genetic modified means of farming is against nature and cannot be d real deal.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by freekick: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Pecca: 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Earth2Metahuman:
so, because rice becomes expensive means I should inflate the price of my own products too right?

Going by your logic, once the price of any product goes up in the market, even if its cocacola, I should increase the price of my own goods, even if the cost of production of the two products are differen. Right?
you missed me there. increase in prices in the country cuts across board. if you must swim then you must do something to maintain ur purchasing power else you are going to sink!! those in food businesses are having a field day. and coca cola is not an essential good...pple can go a lifetime without it but things like garrison de there...
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by charlesucheh(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
SINGING REEKADO BANKS : Your problem is your problem!
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by adescopy(m): 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2017
there is no one to blame except the govt, nt even the farmers because the price everything has gone up. The cost to plough 1 hectare of land now was moved frm #10,000 to btw 17,000 to 20,000.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by fuckyoumhen: 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
ekanDamie:

please explain this Congo thingy. we only know paint rubber.
Congo is used for measurement like paint rubber. A Congo measures 10 tin milk i.e 10 tin milk makes 1 Congo
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by fuckyoumhen: 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2017
tee59:
Here in Ibadan,one congo of garri is #300.All dis igbo garri is btw #500-550 per congo.
Garri Egba/Iwo is 350/Congo, Ordinary Ijebu Garri is 300/Congo @Bodija.
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by oluFELAxy(m): 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Everything has lost value. From my favorite minimie chin chin, beloxi crackers, Gala, egg roll, sugar, Apple drink. The quality of everything in naija has reduced.
I bought cheeseballs N100 for my baby ystdy n I almost wept on wat I saw inside.
There's nothing to enjoy in dis country again. The locally manufactured products in naija has lost value. This is so sad. We weren't like dis b4. I miss when I drank the original milo n bournvita cry cry

Na that beloxxi cracker pain me most

2 Likes

Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by marisdgreat(f): 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
E go still finish
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by RealHaute: 12:00am On Mar 29, 2017
Mikylopez ...how much is it in your area? We know you can trek to Cameroon just to buy it though. lipsrsealed
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by IKEGOD21(m): 12:12am On Mar 29, 2017
Op, I believe u dey ph, bought a paint 1200 here in ph
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by MisterKings(m): 12:13am On Mar 29, 2017
But wait o. What i don't understand is are we importing garri. Or does dollar affect food that is grown here. I don't understand this madness. Na to buy food from iya basira sure pass be that
Re: I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 by Earth2Metahuman: 12:16am On Mar 29, 2017
Pecca:

you missed me there. increase in prices in the country cuts across board. if you must swim then you must do something to maintain ur purchasing power else you are going to sink!! those in food businesses are having a field day. and coca cola is not an essential good...pple can go a lifetime without it but things like garrison de there...
actually, its a smart business to lower your price and increase production during inflation. That way, you make more money and have more purchasing power than those who inflated their goods.

Its a common business logic that lazy and greedy nigerians don't get.

E.g, if you are selling rice or every other food item at inflated price owning to that there is shortages or problem in the market, and someone else is selling garri at normal or even cheaper price, people who couldn't afford rice will go for garri because its cheaper.
That way, the demand for garri will increase and if you increase production at that point, you will make more than those selling rice, then you will be able to afford rice and still have change left to do other things.

Now if you increase the price of garri because the price of rice and yam have increased, people who couldn't afford the price of inflated rice will be like what's the point of buying garri when I could go for more nutritious rice. That way, you lose out and demand for garri will be lower.
And you end up making just about the same about you were making before you decided to join inflation bandwagon.

Get it now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria / How To Cook Egusi Soup With Scent Leaf And Ugu Leaf - Frying Method (Pix,Video) / Pics From An Accident Involving A Wheel Barrow Pusher & A Food Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.