Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment (38853 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election / Zahra Buhari Shades Dino Melaye Over Festus Keyamo Argument On Channels TV / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by wolexieus: 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2017
dunkem21:

Do you want to see a picture of Dino hanging out with Sowore?

Yes they were together few years back. The more reason why I respect Sowore. Even if The guy knows you personally, he will expose your shortcomings. Take it or leave it SR is taking journalism to a new height in Nigeria. I hope to see other media organizations step up their game and serve as a form of check to our failed government and political class. You should atleast debunk allegations with facts not threat of jail or fine.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by hush15: 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

don't say what you don't know! Sowore never frolic with any ass-hole! he stand for the good of the nation!

your comment shows you dont even know anything about him. i would av educate you on the HERO called Sowore - but it will be a waste of time - but know this fact sha, sowore is in Nigeria and has been fighting injustice both on the street and on the social media.

He is one person that doesn't run away from a ragging fire - he will face you squarely with facts.

if not for people like him - our politicians would av used your future to wipe their anus!

RESPECT A REAL MAN WHEN YOU ARE OPPORTUNE TO SEE ONE! angry

Sowore is a coward because only cowards fight petty fights like he does.

You manage to shift a whole country's attention from pressing issues that is of national importance to irrelevant certificate issues that won't change anything. Even if he had all the certificates that you claim he doesn't have, it's still not a claim to efficiency and effectiveness.

And then you raise an irrelevant issue and he challenges you to court which you should have done in the first place instead of your news agency, you acting morestupend rather than going to the courts with facts,

Sowore is really stupid man you know, especially for distracting us from more prominent national issues like custom duties on vehicles so we know how to push forward. Very stupid man I say again
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by eph12(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2017
stubornnn:

Is he a police man? Bis job is to expose them and he has risked his life doing that.

Now what have you done personaly for the benefits of the masses?
Can you imagine? Where did you learn that it is only the job of the police man to take one to court? All these illiterates sef

Sowore has all the facts and he also claim to be on the side of justice. What is justice without court judgement? If after all his expose, Dino still remain a senator then it would have been for nothing. The only way for Dino to be removed from the Senate and probably sent to prison is through the court. So what is stopping Sowore since he has done his homework?
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Jlow2: 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
Shut up if you have no idea who Gen babangida is. You must not comment on every topic.
may be you dint read my comment well,thank you may GOD BLESS U
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by mekyno777(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
HAH:
Does sowore have any evidence that IBB killed Dele Giwa, if IBB should now use his powers on him he start shouting press freedom and intimidation.

No court or any panel of inquiry accused IBB of killing Dele Giwa all is hearsay
U think IBB is nt wise?
Ok, let IBB sue him for that statement, let see if sowore (SR) has no facts/evidences.
Fear investigative journalists oooh.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Burgerlomo: 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
GameGod:
Dino, show us your certificate, very simple. Haba!

Very easy thing to do
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by GameGod(m): 12:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Burgerlomo:

Very easy thing to do
A Toh
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:51pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sahara reporters aren't just a media house without the backing of some Western countries.. there discrete analysis, investigative journalism aren't part of this clime..
for Sowore to nail IBB in this response,its having an undertone which implies that if IBB comes out to say anything, he will expose all his past deeds to the world..
IBB should watch it and let SR alone to finish Melaye..Sahara reporters aren't just a media house without the backing of some Western countries.. there discrete analysis, investigative journalism aren't part of this clime..
for Sowore to nail IBB in this response,its having an undertone which implies that if IBB comes out to say anything, he will expose all his past deeds to the world..
IBB should watch it and let SR alone to finish Melaye..
Sahara reporters aren't just a media house without the backing of some Western countries.. there discrete analysis, investigative journalism aren't part of this clime..
IBB should watch it and let SR alone to finish Melaye..

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by LoveJesus87(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
loopman:

Typical ipob
Very easy for a coward to hide behind a phone to anonymously write gibberish like you.
thank u jare

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

don't say what you don't know! Sowore never frolic with any ass-hole! he stand for the good of the nation!

your comment shows you dont even know anything about him. i would av educate you on the HERO called Sowore - but it will be a waste of time - but know this fact sha, sowore is in Nigeria and has been fighting injustice both on the street and on the social media.

He is one person that doesn't run away from a ragging fire - he will face you squarely with facts.

if not for people like him - our politicians would av used your future to wipe their anus!

Who is this guy and where are you from?
This is probably the best post and comment on Nairaland in the past several years and probably years to come
I doff my hat for you man
My respect bro

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

Let him come back and set up Sahara HQ in Lagos or Abuja if he is not a coward.

He is in Nigeria, living in Ikeja. Your shhitting war hero ran away for decades and abandon your fathers at the war front to enjoy good life! Who is now a coward ?

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by ImperialYoruba: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

Dude, stop your ignorance abeg. You made a blunder, that guy corrected you, you responded with a deeper ineptitude.

SaharaReporters is an ONLINE enterprise. All he needs is business address for compliance and regulations. SR was registered, I believe in NY, so that would be the official address. He can have operations in multiple places around the world, invluding Nigeria but he does not need a HQ.

Now, if he wants a Nigerian official address then he can open a new sub and call it SaharaReporters - NIGERIA. .....but why does he need that in a world where the global community has shrunk and we all exist as applications on a smartphone?

2 Likes

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by muffyt05: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

Why are you such a dunce? The same way your hero,KANU set his Radio Biafra HQ in Aba abi? I pity ur life

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Mist100: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

are you sick? how many true journalists or lawyers are alive Nigeria? Dele giwa ,saro wiwa, Gani etc.

You want him to face bullets with his pen?

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Emassive(m): 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
He is also the one that moved the motion for the SGF of Buhari to be sacked for spending your money on grasscutting. Add that one too
JusticeSeeker:
This is why you'll know that SR is truly a voice of the voiceless not been a respecter of persons. Dino Melaye has to be silenced and removed from the Senate. He's one of the senators against the anti-corruption campaign of the present administration.
Dino spearheaded the emergence of his crime partner - @Saraki as the sp. he's the number or senator that doesn't want Magu to be confirmed as efcc chair. Dino again was the one who moved the motion calling for the resignation of the comptroller general of customs simply because the man has insisted that Saraki the economic saboteur must pay the correct excise duty on the luxury vehicle he bought. Haba Dino.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by chimauga(m): 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:
You are sounding like Maj. Nzeogwu the difference is that you are a coward because you can't go back to nigeria and face these men squarely.

Come back and start your 'revolution' against 10 percenters and crooks. yoruba and hot air. tongue

I love that bro
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Dareomo(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2017
Those running Nigeria like animal kingdom will surely be justifiably flushed out.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by ManTiger(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:
You are sounding like Maj. Nzeogwu the difference is that you are a coward because you can't go back to nigeria and face these men squarely.

Come back and start your 'revolution' against 10 percenters and crooks. yoruba and hot air. tongue
Omoyele is currently based in Lagos, he is not running away, he's a street guy and he practically lives his life like he has a spare life in his wardrobe. Lets be sincere, is it too hard for Dino to present his certificate like he flaunt all those wealth on social media? Why has ABu never made an official statement whether he graduated or not? Why is his name missing even on the notable alumni portal that graduated? He may truly have masters, he is wealthy when he has it and he might have used his position to influence the division of the registrar, truth is Dino is corrupt like many Nigerians, he rub this on our face by his flashy wealth he flaunt on media and its sickening that some people still remain loyal to him.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by oyiza75(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
well done he cannot trick us wit his grammar. BELIEVE IN GOD WAT SHALL BE SHALL BE.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by ManTiger(m): 2:40pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sowore is in Nigeria, he has no reason to run away, do you think he run a like of investigative journalism like Kemi Olunloyo who get info unverified from 3rd party? How do you think Sowore get his fact and figure?

Ok. Sinaytor Dino MeAlaye get 7 degrees and currently on his 8th, let him flaunt the certificate like he flaunt all those wealth on social media nah!
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Enemyofpeace: 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
Na dem sabi

Abeg who get used condoms make him borrow me four, I have an away match tonight
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Enemyofpeace: 3:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
ManTiger:

Omoyele is currently based in Lagos, he is not running away, he's a street guy and he practically lives his life like he has a spare life in his wardrobe. Lets be sincere, is it too hard for Dino to present his certificate like he flaunt all those wealth on social media? Why has ABu never made an official statement whether he graduated or not? Why is his name missing even on the notable alumni portal that graduated? He may truly have masters, he is wealthy when he has it and he might have used his position to influence the division of the registrar, truth is Dino is corrupt like many Nigerians, he rub this on our face by his flashy wealth he flaunt on media and its sickening that some people still remain loyal to him.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Enemyofpeace: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
nwaanambra1:

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by gofnor(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
yns4real:
The publisher of the online news portal, Sahara Reporters (SR) Omoyele Sowore has reacted to the jail comment made on twitter by the embattled Nigerian senator, Senator Dino Melaye.

Mr Melaye had earlier boasted of jailing Mr Sowore for allegedly libeling him with 1st Degree certificate scandal.

It would be recalled that Mr Sowore had in the past few days been digging deep into Mr Melaye's education background through the SR platform.

The former had alleged that the latter did not graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, a prestigious university based in Kaduna, Nigeria.

Read Sowore's Facebook Statement below:

Folks: It was brought to my attention earlier that Nigerian Senator Dino Melaye promised to 'send me to jail' over the recent unraveling of his questionable educational background. While some are worried, appalled, alarmed and concerned and even scared about this declaration, it had me thinking differently.

I am a Nigerian citizen who had been through torture, humiliations, and incarceration by dictators in uniform between 1992-1999 before I eventually left Nigeria. I have never doubted the power of justice over legalities.

That a Nigerian Senator in a democratic era could make this proclamation is indeed a sign that our democratic transition was a farce, particular when you've now noticed that Mr. Melaye was sitting at the feet of one of Nigeria's worst military dictators, Ibrahim Babangidajust a week ago.

One of Babangida's worst crimes against humanity was the assassination of notable investigative journalists of our time, Dele Giwa, by way of a parcel bomb.

Another thing Melaye shares in common with Babangida and his killer squad was using libel lawsuits to silence inquisitions In the 80's Gani Fawehimi was found liable of libeling the killers of Dele Giwa and asked to pay damages to Halilu Akilu.

Here is how I am different and also not different, I am not going to run away from criminals running the Nigerian political space until they are defeated, and their ideologies of greed, bloodiness, and avarice are entirely abandoned and discredited forever (Apology to Bob Marley).

If it takes my life, so be it. If it means another unjust ruling asking for damages for thieves. So be it. We must take our space back from the 10 percenters, drug dealers, certificate forgers, money launderers, political manipulators, and assassins.

Thank [s] you

https://mobile.facebook.com/OSowore/posts/10156556552197837?_rdrp
Hmmm, I no fit shout.

1 Share

Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by doyinbaby(f): 4:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Sowore hmmm EKUN
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by zachanalysis: 4:22pm On Mar 26, 2017
People like you are threat to our national security!
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Seunjungle(m): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
I don't know the reason why some folks will still be around a corner telling us that what the Saharan reporters is letting us know isn't a fact?

Yoruba will say show me your friend and I tell you the kind/type of person you are: Saraki and Dino what an enemy of the nation....two of them are just there to distabilise and frustrate any good development by the govt...

What a senator that quickly comes online to show us those exotic cars he's cruising around with?
What a senator that can quickly comes online to show and demonstrate the kind of lavish life he's living while people who is representing are finding it hard to live?
I pity those who is representing!
What a childlish senator!

A fool was asking that why sahara reporters is not having is office in Nigeria....

You can see how Politicians are struggling to kill an independent anti crime organisation(EFCC) established by govt itself to wage a war against any corrupt leader...can't you see to that? Not to talk of private organisation.

Sowore good brain ant its functioning well not like yours that is too dull

Long live Sahara Reporters!
Long life Sahara Reporters Founder!
Long live Nigeria!!!
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by sshalom(m): 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

These kinds of statements border on rudeness, insensitivity and poor sense of judgement. It is the in thing on Nairaland to go after one ethnic group or the other when salient issues come up. Should we continue like this?

Obviously you have no clue whatsoever about who and what Sowore represents!
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by mekonglobal(m): 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
gabrielniy:

There's a Yoruba adage that says "if lie should run for 20 years, it will only take a day for truth to catch up with it".
Ok Oo If U Say So..But Lets Not Conclude Yet, Untill All Evidence Is Proven.
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Fourwinds: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

did u hear dat? If not for reasonable people like Chief Gani, SR Boss etc foolish politicians would keep using ur future to wipe their ANUS
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by Fourwinds: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2017
priceaction:

Bros, why are u educating dem fools? They are just Kids and small teenagers that know nothing about past stubborn masses defenders. Just open a thread on people like gani faweyinmi and other heroes you will see how they will still abuse them without knowing what thy have done to keep dictatorship at their toes. If those guys (SR) are in nigeria, they would hv been assasinated long time ago. If Nigeria has just 10 active comrades like them, just 10? . Nigeria would hv been better far. Someone that was in nigeria for months recently, and he just left. Who touched him? no body. Even when he was arrested by lagos CP, they were quick to release thim. Why? No one that is in nigeria as an elite or politician has a clean record. They work as a cultist and many of them has a lot of skeleton in their cupboard. They know the guy can easily expose them with facts.
One idiot up there saying why didnt he come to nigeria?

They no nothing about him, than to shout up and down. Very useless sets of kids. No thanks to cheap data and free school wifi.
we kids here in nairaland dat know little or nothing about great men who defended d masses in Nigeria
Re: Certificate Scandal: Sowore Hits Back At Melaye over Jail Comment by lawbabs: 7:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
DocHMD:

It is obvious to me that u re one of the benefactors of the wicked thieves that have ravaged the land...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Despite Form Denial, Jonathan Meets Adamu, Prepares To Run On APC Ticket / 'The Candidates': Atiku Asked To Define 'Corruption' / Nigerians Are Wondering Why Jacob Zuma Now Has A Statue In Their Country - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.