Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,567 members, 7,861,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:17 PM

Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? (50887 Views)

Which Church Do You Attend? / MFM: We Don't Have The Highest Number Of Single Ladies / Which Church Has The Best Hymn Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Domnick(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
Epositive:
RCCG all the way

in my area, they have nothing less than 7 parishes

their case is different! cool

there is even one at the end of my street labelled
"RCCG : province for the strikers and scorers"

i was like church don turn stadium o shocked shocked grin grin

#positivevibes
no be lie oo rccg dey every wgere
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by dabrightt: 9:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
ihimiray:
hmmm, but I see failure in ur life by ur way of spelling,
the biggest failure is when a People like u refuse to change and could nt recgniz some1 using shrt wrds u knw what am saying think abt ur life u knw am nt lieing if u need prayer Pm me
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by AkinYemi12(m): 9:19pm On Mar 26, 2017
THE APOSTOLIC CHURCH NIGERIA
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Queenserah26(f): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
The Redeemed Christian Church of God all the way
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by SKYWEAVER: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
HolarQD:
The Church with the highest number of gullible followers
smiley smiley smiley
Catholic!
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by kizyalex10(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
D
Nodogragra4me:

You dey hype like musicians....how many Catholic Church get 5,000 memebers..,,, even the cathedral wey dey warri no fit seat 2000 comfortable ....before den gomcall am over crowding.

Winners headquarters seats 50k and runs 5 services on Sunday ....my former branch in warri na 6,000 capacity and runs 3 services with overflows
so u re now telling me that d above churches mentioned have more members than catholic church?do u knw how many masses that is held in catholic parishes that is filled to the brim?comparing their headquarters is like calling the roman basilica.so think through bfor u argue
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Prettyclever(f): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Winners chapel
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 11:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

There is clearly something wrong with your understanding of my English language because what I wrote was that the winners chapel sruns two universities and has license for five , one in Nigeria ....calabar ....marine university and four others outside the country in her bag.

As for the nations where the church is , the last Shiloh ,after Shiloh meetings would have being your guide and not wiki .......

As for units , I ask you this , how many units is good enough ........in every state of the federation the chapel has an headquarters and what you call units.......they have a criterion for breaking or planting new outreaches and unless it is attained ,they won't do any panting .

your church is over a two century old ...winners is just 45......that is it been mentioned shows in a thread like this shows how much it has achieved in so short a time....without adverts ,without owning a tv station ...largely on the basis of come and see.

You mentioned tithes control and fear of break up by pastors as a reason why we have large church halls but that your argument can be turned around for a pastor that needs to break out from a church would want to do so from a very big branch that has the population where he can hope to move away with maybe 10-20 percent of to his own church but a tiny church of 20 people ,where are you breaking to? Even if all twenty goes with you, you know how much is electricity bill in Nigeria for just one month for a church ....hope you know that apart from tax that the church pays for every other thing including signpost.....ask Nigeria why it decided on states instead of regionalism and the answer would be to have a weakened units ...the bigger the greater the threat of secession.....so that you argument no make sense at all

You mentioned universities and fees .....if universities is a profitable venture , it would be in every local government of Anambra state because there is no local government in that state that doesn't have at least two individuals that can fund the establishment of a university but you see ,it is only those with crazy passion for human development that pours their resources into university ventures....no profit driven individual will ever do it .....there is no single private university in the south east today that is not being funded by one church or the other ...........if it was profitable , Nnewi alone would have at a least 20 ........... those Yoruba elders that have done it ,I doff my cap for them.....by the way how much is the fee for Jesuit college?

Your church should be competing with the Catholic not winners in terms of world spread and wealth but it is a far cry.........

In as much as the church builds universities here and there of what use is it where only a few can afford it. I doubt if u can even afford a session there I mean just a session not an entire programme.
If u know well the history of JW u wud understand we have made giant strides and dont blow trumpet about it. We developed a very unique computer programme called MEPS (Multi Electronic Phototypsetting System) to help our global team of translators break the language barrier in spreading the message.
In 1914 we developed photo drama of creation which was a marvel at the time. Hence making significant contribution in the development and improvement of motion pictures.
Way back in 1926 we had our radio station WBBR and now our TV the Watchtower Broadcasting.
Our Disaster Relief is one of a kind in addressing challenges that comes with disasters. Our stand on blood has made medicine to develop and improve bloodless surgical procedures which was never thought to be possible.
Our organisation is not family empire of one person and as such dont suffer the fate of organisations that often dies when their owners are no more.
We have endured and triumphed over tyranny of Hitler in Germany, the ruthlessness of the then Soviet Union and their puppet satelite states.
U talked of big auditorium tell me of what use is it when u dont ve it fully used to over half of its capacity? Where are ur big white buses all flocking to Ota? When hawkers lined the road selling white handkerchief?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/church-owned-vasities-not-for-the-poor-as-members-cry-out/
https://www.nairaland.com/844147/200-pastors-resign-oyedepos-winners
http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/07/covenant-university-fees-nigerians-blast-bishop-oyedepo-saying-wrath-god-will-befall-critics/
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by donvicky2007: 3:43am On Mar 27, 2017
UyiIredia:

Wrong. One can say their parishes are spread wider across Nigeria since they are in almost every state. But in Sothern Nigeria where the bulk of Christians are. RCCG clearly has the most parishes. They also have in the North too but not at the same level. I have to take a bike to reach the nearest Catholic church in my side and I stay around Ogba. Then the one after that leads me to Ikeja. 3 RCCG churches are just a trekking distance from my house in comparison.

You are using Lagos as a case study, is Lagos only the southern state?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Menzy86(m): 6:22am On Mar 27, 2017
greenhulk:

U cannot just say Catholic church, they also have denominations.. just like Pentecostal churches (redeem, MFM, etc). The church with highest amount of parishes is RCCG by a wide margin.
The Roman Catholic Church has NO "denominations" please. Stop saying what you have no idea about.

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Menzy86(m): 6:47am On Mar 27, 2017
kizyalex10:
One full catholic parish is equal to 500 parishes of RCCG combined.i mean when u check catholic,with different masses on Sunday 3 in. D morning nd 1 in d evening is filled to the brim of nt less than 5000 members for each service.
MASS not service. True though.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 7:23am On Mar 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

In as much as the church builds universities here and there of what use is it where only a few can afford it. I doubt if u can even afford a session there I mean just a session not an entire programme.
If u know well the history of JW u wud understand we have made giant strides and dont blow trumpet about it. We developed a very unique computer programme called MEPS (Multi Electronic Phototypsetting System) to help our global team of translators break the language barrier in spreading the message.
In 1914 we developed photo drama of creation which was a marvel at the time. Hence making significant contribution in the development and improvement of motion pictures.
Way back in 1926 we had our radio station WBBR and now our TV the Watchtower Broadcasting.
Our Disaster Relief is one of a kind in addressing challenges that comes with disasters. Our stand on blood has made medicine to develop and improve bloodless surgical procedures which was never thought to be possible.
Our organisation is not family empire of one person and as such dont suffer the fate of organisations that often dies when their owners are no more.
We have endured and triumphed over tyranny of Hitler in Germany, the ruthlessness of the then Soviet Union and their puppet satelite states.
U talked of big auditorium tell me of what use is it when u dont ve it fully used to over half of its capacity? Where are ur big white buses all flocking to Ota? When hawkers lined the road selling white handkerchief?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/03/church-owned-vasities-not-for-the-poor-as-members-cry-out/
https://www.nairaland.com/844147/200-pastors-resign-oyedepos-winners
http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/07/covenant-university-fees-nigerians-blast-bishop-oyedepo-saying-wrath-god-will-befall-critics/

I am waiting for my boy to come of age so I send him there .....I graduated from UNEC in 2007.........University education is never to be cheap anywhere in the world .....if you have any that is cheap just let me know ......wait for the year your JW will find the resources to start a university in Nigeria and come back to and tell us how much they charge or if they made it free of any fee.

Radio and tv stations ......you guys have been around for this long with electronic medias in your belts and Japan and South Korea only started have churches in the 80s through the efforts of Yongi Cho that pastors the largest church in South Korea ......with all years of existence it is surprising that it is less older churches that are in the frontline of taking the gospel to the asians

An auditorium that host 5 services on sundays ....I don't know what you mean by empty because due to space problem winners headquarters has already embarked on the construction of a brand new structure to will seat 100,000 at a go while the children or teen church will be a 10,000 capacity affair......we own neither a radio or tv station while achieving all this ....no advert ....just on the basis of ,come and see and people are coming and hearing the gospel like it is just baked yesterday.

If you don't see the buses it is because the saints have outgrown such encouragement to come to church ......desire the sincere milk of the word so you can grow thereby.....na so Bible tal am .they can't remain baby Christians all their lives

All the trading activities you see as you approach the headquarters or even any of the mega branches na our contribution to the immediate environment........the church has no business with those selling those materials along the roads ....thosesee,jig the materials are taking advantage of the presence of a church with members who can afford those things to site their businesses there.

Do you know any forty five years old that has two functional universities and licenses for five in her locker.....45 years .....in the first forty five years of your ministry what were her records like?

1 Like

Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Catholic Church and the rest.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 10:17am On Mar 27, 2017
@Nodogragra4me if only you know the history of JW and what they did during the second world War then u don't have to compare them with any of Nigeria churches that yesterday with one man and his family in charge.
I'm a Catholic and we're Number One in everything.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
achi4u:
@Nodogragra4me if only you know the history of JW and what they did during the second world War then u don't have to compare them with any of Nigeria churches that yesterday with one man and his family in charge.
I'm a Catholic and we're Number One in everything.
U no see him name gragra. Na gragra de guy de do. He has not read or/and travelled wide enough. Oyedepo na sharp business man.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I am waiting for my boy to come of age so I send him there .....I graduated from UNEC in 2007.........University education is never to be cheap anywhere in the world .....if you have any that is cheap just let me know ......wait for the year your JW will find the resources to start a university in Nigeria and come back to and tell us how much they charge or if they made it free of any fee.

Radio and tv stations ......you guys have been around for this long with electronic medias in your belts and Japan and South Korea only started have churches in the 80s through the efforts of Yongi Cho that pastors the largest church in South Korea ......with all years of existence it is surprising that it is less older churches that are in the frontline of taking the gospel to the asians

An auditorium that host 5 services on sundays ....I don't know what you mean by empty because due to space problem winners headquarters has already embarked on the construction of a brand new structure to will seat 100,000 at a go while the children or teen church will be a 10,000 capacity affair......we own neither a radio or tv station while achieving all this ....no advert ....just on the basis of ,come and see and people are coming and hearing the gospel like it is just baked yesterday.

If you don't see the buses it is because the saints have outgrown such encouragement to come to church ......desire the sincere milk of the word so you can grow thereby.....na so Bible tal am .they can't remain baby Christians all their lives

All the trading activities you see as you approach the headquarters or even any of the mega branches na our contribution to the immediate environment........the church has no business with those selling those materials along the roads ....thosesee,jig the materials are taking advantage of the presence of a church with members who can afford those things to site their businesses there.

Do you know any forty five years old that has two functional universities and licenses for five in her locker.....45 years .....in the first forty five years of your ministry what were her records like?

I can see u ve not traveled wide enough or may be read enough to know beyond ur room & parlour if u can travel. Pls make good use of the internet to get facts especially references that are not even from us. U check our unique website the type u can never see in the whole wide world.
https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/most-translated-website.php
To ve such a website no be beans?
We print nearly 90 million journals monthly aside tracts, brochures, books and booklets in numerous languages using the latest printing texhnology all in coloured not black and white not ur cheap pamhlets with tales cunned testimony.I ve not talked of DVDs or computer programs or our JW app downloadable on devices?This we ve been doing over the years.Ask a local printer the cost of printing wedding invtations, business card etc. Then imagine what is spent monthly for over 100 yrs. If u know the cost of all these then u will know that to establish and run universities wud ve been a child's play.
The worth of our former headquarter in Brooklyn alone wud pay of the cost of erecting the structures of all your universities. I am directing u to a link not ours below

https://www.google.no/amp/ny.curbed.com/platform/amp/2016/4/13/11421404/big-name-developers-behind-700m-deal-for-jehovah-s-witnesses-brooklyn-hq

I ve not mentioned our new headquarters in Warwick USA. We have such which we call branch offices scattered in about 101 countries and if u check out the worth of these structures, equipments and all there in then establishing universities wud be a child's play. U can take a trip to Igieduma in Edo state and see our Nigerian branch office its size alone wud make u marvel as it is a city on its own. We ve been providing free clean water to all the communities around now for nearly 30 years. WE DONT MAKE NOISE about it. That is the only place in Nigeria that never experiences power failure. You re very free to visit free of charge. There we have the biggest printing press the only type found in the whole of Africa apart from our South African branch office. So university na beans if we wanted to do that. Mind all these with voluntary donations. We dont sell or do business all entirely on voluntary donations.
101 branch offices aside our global headquarter in the US look at its worth.
Establishing universities is not our focus rather like Jesus to preach, preach and preach. That is our goal Read Mark 13:10; Romans 10:18; Revelation 14:6; Colossians 1:23; Matthew 24:14.
Jesus wud ve been a king on earth but refused to be distractwd from his ministry.
John 6:15
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Westin be the name of your street that has three Catholic Church make I find am for google map...legion of Mary and and block rosary na adherent or disciples of Mary .......the only door to the almighty na Jesus Christ
Did any1 mention street here?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

I can see u ve not traveled wide enough or may be read enough to know beyond ur room & parlour if u can travel. Pls make good use of the internet to get facts especially references that are not even from us. U check our unique website the type u can never see in the whole wide world.
https://www.tomedes.com/translator-hub/most-translated-website.php
To ve such a website no be beans?
We print nearly 90 million journals monthly aside tracts, brochures, books and booklets in numerous languages using the latest printing texhnology all in coloured not black and white not ur cheap pamhlets with tales cunned testimony.I ve not talked of DVDs or computer programs or our JW app downloadable on devices?This we ve been doing over the years.Ask a local printer the cost of printing wedding invtations, business card etc. Then imagine what is spent monthly for over 100 yrs. If u know the cost of all these then u will know that to establish and run universities wud ve been a child's play.
The worth of our former headquarter in Brooklyn alone wud pay of the cost of erecting the structures of all your universities. I am directing u to a link not ours below

https://www.google.no/amp/ny.curbed.com/platform/amp/2016/4/13/11421404/big-name-developers-behind-700m-deal-for-jehovah-s-witnesses-brooklyn-hq

I ve not mentioned our new headquarters in Warwick USA. We have such which we call branch offices scattered in about 101 countries and if u check out the worth of these structures, equipments and all there in then establishing universities wud be a child's play. U can take a trip to Igieduma in Edo state and see our Nigerian branch office its size alone wud make u marvel as it is a city on its own. We ve been providing free clean water to all the communities around now for nearly 30 years. WE DONT MAKE NOISE about it. That is the only place in Nigeria that never experiences power failure. You re very free to visit free of charge. There we have the biggest printing press the only type found in the whole of Africa apart from our South African branch office. So university na beans if we wanted to do that. Mind all these with voluntary donations. We dont sell or do business all entirely on voluntary donations.
101 branch offices aside our global headquarter in the US look at its worth.
Establishing universities is not our focus rather like Jesus to preach, preach and preach. That is our goal Read Mark 13:10; Romans 10:18; Revelation 14:6; Colossians 1:23; Matthew 24:14.
Jesus wud ve been a king on earth but refused to be distractwd from his ministry.
John 6:15

You have not debunked any of my assertions ,from university fees to mega churches but rather continued to write about your church and what is has done in over 200 years of it existence..........To get to where your church is today , it opened a tv and radio stations according to you......Winners owns no traditional radio or tv stations and in just forty five years has achieved what your mission did do in her first 100 years.....disprove this.

There is a post she on front page on private universities and someone has graciously added fees ....check it and let me know if there is any that is cheap or free.....and very few of those schools comes close to those runnned by winners , in quality and standards.

Winners is forty five years old ......your mission should be competing with the Catholic Church.

You claimed your mission doesn't run universities because you don't want distractions but without distractions you people didn't take or lead the propagation of the gospel to any particular corner of the earth..

You have existed for ages and yet couldn't conquer Japan or south Korea for Christ.......before yongi cho , if any ministry in Japan had a population of 20 , it was considered a mega church.......Today , young central gospel church is the largest and has a self mission to making 10 mijapanes christians .....the ministry that is doing this runs a university that you call distractions to your church.

If all the churches consider universitiy education a distraction where would your mission train or source the man power it uses today?

Your Nigerian mission should open a university and announce a 50k fee, lets see how far they go.

Winners is FORTY FIVE YEARS OLD......SHE IS NOT YOUR AGE MATE BUT YOUR MISSION IS NO GRACE MATE ...........

She is building a world class new headquarters and a comprehensive city where thousands not less than 50 people will make their home.....a forty five years ministry ....what are the achievements of your mission in her first 100 years ....winners in less than thirty years entered the Guinness book of records as the largest church hall in the world.....
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 2:01am On Mar 28, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

You have not debunked any of my assertions ,from university fees to mega churches but rather continued to write about your church and what is has done in over 200 years of it existence..........To get to where your church is today , it opened a tv and radio stations according to you......Winners owns no traditional radio or tv stations and in just forty five years has achieved what your mission did do in her first 100 years.....disprove this.

There is a post she on front page on private universities and someone has graciously added fees ....check it and let me know if there is any that is cheap or free.....and very few of those schools comes close to those runnned by winners , in quality and standards.

Winners is forty five years old ......your mission should be competing with the Catholic Church.

You claimed your mission doesn't run universities because you don't want distractions but without distractions you people didn't take or lead the propagation of the gospel to any particular corner of the earth..

You have existed for ages and yet couldn't conquer Japan or south Korea for Christ.......before yongi cho , if any ministry in Japan had a population of 20 , it was considered a mega church.......Today , young central gospel church is the largest and has a self mission to making 10 mijapanes christians .....the ministry that is doing this runs a university that you call distractions to your church.

If all the churches consider universitiy education a distraction where would your mission train or source the man power it uses today?

Your Nigerian mission should open a university and announce a 50k fee, lets see how far they go.

Winners is FORTY FIVE YEARS OLD......SHE IS NOT YOUR AGE MATE BUT YOUR MISSION IS NO GRACE MATE ...........

She is building a world class new headquarters and a comprehensive city where thousands not less than 50 people will make their home.....a forty five years ministry ....what are the achievements of your mission in her first 100 years ....winners in less than thirty years entered the Guinness book of records as the largest church hall in the world.....

The guy achi4u is a catholic and being well informed advised u never to compare little winners to JW in ALL respect. He also tried to bring to ur attention our history and how with Jehovah's help we conquered all the hurdles and come out stronger. We ve weathered so many storms from oppositions, outright ban, imprisonment & execution of some of our brothers etc. He made reference to World War 2. U can google that yourself to find or check the world's most unique website www.jw.org
This testifies to the truthfulness of Gamaliel in Acts 5:34-42. Open ur bible to read that.
Our organisation is not centered around a man and his family like ur own and as such never dies when a man dies. For instance Church of God by Bishop Benson Idahosa was almost a household name years back but who even hears of that. As a sharp man they now own a university run by his wife if his church investment fails. So the death of most these men makes their church go in coma or at worst dead forever. Read Matthew 23:8-11; 1 Corinthians 11:3.
We have no daddy GO, mummy GO, papa or pikin GO who draw attention to themselves on their banners, pamphlets, books, church buildings there by making them "god of men" claimning to be "men of god". No one is master over our faith. 2 Corinthians 1:24.
Our organisation is not any body's or family's organisation or investment. We recognize Jesus as our leader who runs the congregation with men anointed with holy spirit which is the governing body. That was the apostolic pattern. Read Acts 15:2-6; Acts 16:4; 1 Thessolonians 2:6-12; 2 Thessolonians 3:6-12.
The member of the governing body have among them a President but all of us are equal. They carry bags to preach on the streets like any JW no escorts like ur own. They seat any where in the kingdom hall no special seats or clothes or titles for anyone. Matthew 23:8 is our principle. You dont see their pictures or names on our books, magazines, kingdom halls unlike yours the idolizes a mere dust or mortal. If u doubt me, when next any JW comes to preach to you ask him to tell u the name of the Watchtower president believe me you will be shocked that many dont even know even him.I just had to check the 2nd page of the watchtower & awake magazine written so small. Infact if the President of any country was to attend our meetings or conventions he could seat at the back if no seat was available for him in the front and no one in front wud stand up for him. Also, if he had armed escorts they wud not be allowed to come in with their arms. James 2:1-9
Ur own GO cant dare to join his flock which he fleece rather than feed to share ur cheap pamhlets that contains fables called testimony. Rather flies to church with jets and helicopters. He is too big to do that with his wife but our Lord Jesus washed the feet of his disciples. He left his lofty position in heaven to come down to earth but these GOs or "god of men" are too big for that.
Jesus prophesied about men who enrich themselves with his name. Matthew 24:4,5. That is why he said he wud deny them in the last days. Read Matthew 7:21-23. Read also Titus 1:11; Phillipians 3:19.All these religious leaders rather than feed the flock they fleece them to maintain their luxurious lifestyle buying jets as business men like Trump and Dangote but Queen of England has no plane but uses chartered flight, mansions abroad, posh cars, establish universities with tithes imposed on the flock but never accessible to those who are unable to afford it.They are like the people Jesus chased out of the temple which they made "a cave of robbers".
Read Matthew 21:13; Mark 11:17; Luke 19:46. Even in Jeremiah's time it happened. Jeremiah 7:11. U can check this link below not from us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 3:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

I will tell u where in the university education is free. Norway, Iceland, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Argentina, Brazil, Greece, Czech Rep, Turkey, Estonia, Scotland, Germany, Trinidad & Tobago. Some of them are free even to foreigners.
Then were it is cheap you go to India, Ukraine and most parts of Asia and Eastern Europe.
Also, about one Yongi Cho who embezzled church money also as his son. Imprisoned for tax evasion which confirms that these churches are family investment. They are "thieves in the name of the lord" making God's house " a cave of robbers".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Yonggi_Cho

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/why-the-worlds-largest-church-still-worships-its-embezzling-former-leader

http://m.koreatimes.co/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=200319

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2014/february/founder-of-worlds-largest-megachurch-convicted-cho-yoido.html

Our organization is not like that. There is transparency in the way funds donated are handled from the congregation level to the branch and globally. Last 2 years we spent over $250 million. The specific amount is always published in our annual yearbook.
Every JW knows how contributions are used.
I can see u re completely ignorant about who we are and the huge strides we have made and are still making. I will give u list of Asian countries where Jehovah's Witnesses are. I will try to give u in alphabetical order. So Yoggi Cho whose church alone is in South Korea can never match our own.
For you information its in Japan we have the highest number of JW followed by Philipines where my wife comes from. Then South Korea. The list are :
CAMBODIA
HONG KONG
ISRAEL & PALESTINE where both Arab and Jewish JW are united regardless of the divisive politics of Satan's world.
INDIA
INDONESIA
LEBANON
MACAO
MALAYSIA
MARSHALL ISLANDS
MYANMAR (BURMA)
NEPAL
PAKISTAN
PALAU
PHILIPINES (home country of my pretty wife)
ROTA
SRI LANKA
TAIWAN
THAILAND
TIMOR LESTE ( EAST TIMOR)
TINIAN
We also ve in China, Singapore, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, Laos, Cambodia, Tajikistan, Cambodia, Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Kazakhastan but sadly due to conservative governments some of which are communists that controls every aspects of life of its citizens including religion or Islamic run states our organization is under ban or have been denied legal recognition by their governments.
We hope some day things will change. However, like Paul in Colosians 1:23 we have covered the whole earth with the message as a witness ir testimony to all. Infact we ve witnesses from these listed countries scattered across Europe where there are religious freedom. We try to reach the refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Kurds and many are responding to the message.
So guy make u no say Winners can never wud never match with JW.
As for universities i gave u a link to tell u how much our old headqaurters in Brooklyn was sold. The values is far more than some countries annual budget. We have 100 of the branches worldwide. Visit the Nigerian branch in Igieduma, Edo state to see for yourself then u will realize to establish & fund universities wud be a child's play. I ve not talked of the printing presses in these facilities with the latest technology in printing which is reflected in the quality and beauty of our journals which we print every month not ur little cheap pamphlets.
I recommended u ask a local printer what it takes in terms of cost.
Our focus is preaching Mark 13:10
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Pweedycutie(f): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2017
kevoh:
I'm in Kaduna presently!
well I dunno which part of Kd yhu are in but here in kano is sumtin else
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Goke7: 10:14am On Mar 28, 2017
RCCG is said to be the fastest growing church in the world which is evident in the number of parishes they have not only in Nigeria but in various countries
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 4:36pm On Mar 28, 2017
Goke7:
RCCG is said to be the fastest growing church in the world which is evident in the number of parishes they have not only in Nigeria but in various countries
So u think?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by profbabatunde: 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2017
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:11am On Mar 29, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

correction, christianity didnt come to japan thru yongi cho, it can thru francis xiavier, francis xavier evangelised japan over 400yrs ago
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:20am On Mar 29, 2017
Goke7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8zZWvvaEaY
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Nodogragra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptN2KQ7-euQ
The video link is not of JW but u watch the video and see if your GO is not among these set of men who are thieves and rogues
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 8:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

Watch the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGkornIh1k

https://www.naij.com/1086593-the-extravagant-lifestyles-nigerian-pastors.html
Nodogragra I have not read from u again. How far bro?
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 12:02am On Mar 30, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv-65njpozY
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

Watch the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwGkornIh1k

https://www.naij.com/1086593-the-extravagant-lifestyles-nigerian-pastors.html
Nodogragra I have not read from u again. How far bro?

You have not answered my question. ...the high points of your church in her first 45 years.
Re: Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? by Nigeriadondie: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
Nodogragra4me:

You have not answered my question. ...the high points of your church in her first 45 years.
I hope u ve been able to go thru d list of countries in Asia some of which I am sure never existed on the map.
I have pointed to u that Youngi Cho's achievement pales into insignificance when compared with our achievements with the help of Jehovah that even Achi advised u never to compare us with just a mere man's family investment. I also gave u link ofYoing Cho's criminal records and how his son also involved in same mess has taken over the church making it a family investment.
That is the same with churches in Nigeria and else where. They are established to serve the financial interests of the family who groom their wives and children to take over when they are dead. Look at Benson Idahosa wife who is a Revrend or Bishop who has taken over. Same with your Bishop his wife is a Pastor and she preaches which is a clear and blatant violation of 1 Corinthians 14:34,35; 1 Timothy 2:11,12. Infact in 1 Timothy 3:1-9 woman where NEVER to occupy such position in the church. Your GO's wife is groomed to manage her family business if Oyedepo himself kicks the bucket same with his children.Look at the link below.
https://ask.naij.com/society/children-of-bishop-david-oyedepo-who-are-they-i26062.html
Bro reason na.Follow what the bible says not my pastor says. For once be like the people of Boerea in Acts 17:8-11 to examine your bible deeply.
Gullible people are being fleeced with tithing to maintain the luxurious life of these "god of men". Look at my comments on the Nairaland post titled " Should I pay tithe in church". There i gave verse by verse explanation of the Bible's true position on tithes.
Oyedepo as a smart & ambitious business man is only trying to diversify his family enterprise and that is what drives his quest to venture into universities funded by ur tithes.
As for our history go to the website www.jw.org or bettter download the jw library.click on book then choose the book "God's Kingdom Rules" It perfectly shows our modern history so u can see what we achieved in the first 45 years. Or request for the book from any JW and they wud be glad to offer u the book without sale like ur books that is for sale because we are not peddlers of God's word like yours who ve made fortunes out of it. Read 2 Corinthians 2:17; 11:13.
As for university education being free i am a beneficiary presently and in the past. If as u claim let ur boy come of age so u send him to ur school well I know sometimes talk can be cheap. The tuition fee is far above d means of a vast majority of Nigerians including ur church members. I recall i met 2 dropouts from Covenant Uni whose parents due to sudden changes in their finances could not continue their education but had to start over in govt universities.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / Lady Narrates How She Was Mistaken For Mammy Water In Church Because She's Fair / 12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.