Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,171 members, 7,860,197 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:42 AM

Fundraiser Sold Snow Online For Over $400 - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fundraiser Sold Snow Online For Over $400 (614 Views)

Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! / Aliko Dangote To Launch $400 Million Cement Plant In Zambia / Wanted: Experienced Fundraiser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fundraiser Sold Snow Online For Over $400 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 22, 2009
A fundraiser had an idea how to spread festivities and raise money for charity - sell his hometowns surplus on snow on the internet.

Since losing a friend to cancer, Jeff Lenhart from Iowa, has been on a fundraising mission and when there was a blizzard last week he got creative.

Lenhart filled two jars of the white stuff, put them on ebay and let the bids roll in.

He said: "He's probably up there laughing at me, for what I did.

"I'm planning on shipping it in dry ice and that way it can hold its texture and when they receive it, it'll actually be snow for them."

The fundraiser hoped to raise about $100 (£61) for the jars but the added media attention drove the total bids to $421 (£250).

Initial bids started at just $2 (60p).

The money raised will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

From SKY News
Re: Fundraiser Sold Snow Online For Over $400 by hillus: 10:05am On Dec 19, 2012
Help in changing the world and impacting life by your support and get free amazing and marketable gifts @ http://focfunds..com/

(1) (Reply)

Adsense! Adsense! Adsense! If You Have An Adsense Blog, Read This Now! / Extraordinary Business Nigeria Opportunity Around You / Affilliates Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.