Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) (61533 Views)

Young Lady Blast Ladies That Photo Shop Their Pictures After Undergoing Surgery / Photos Of Korede Bello At His Uganda Concert / Korede Bello & James Victor Eroh Vickeyblazze, His Lookalike Meet (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nationale: 2:03pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
church has becoming a routine and ritual that Nigerians now attend.you hardly seeing people going to church for genuine reasons these days.it's usually because
1.they need a job or sell stuffs
2.there's one girl or guy they're eyeing
3.parents forcing their wards to go to church
4.their boss attends that church so they go there to impress their bosses or get favours
5.healing, miracles,money,husband, wife,children, promotion, house,car.every other reason except to truly worship
I have been following NL with out joining but this statement of yours just got me to join. You got just it right. When it comes to religion, we Nigerians defy the law of gravity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by SNOWCREAM(m): 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
Hmmmm.. The truth is what you're shying from, my brother

Churches should be very mindful of the kind of musicians they bring into the church. If we should face reality gan sef, it's not every gospel musician that is worthy of ministration in churches,... So what are you saying?
What I'm saying is if Korede bello is unworthy of performing, so are over 80% of any choir of any church. You think most pastors are worthy of preaching salvation, calling God? With so many illicit things they do that you and I don't know? With the low-key fights that happen over church tithes and offerings amongst elders, ushers, deacons etc.

There's politics in the ministry, in every ministry. Church isn't what church used to be 200 years ago, things are changing (although no one is to blame for that). Na only God's grace sure pass. Happy Sunday brother
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 26, 2017
newyorks:
hell no maybe i got it wrong.am not supporting him doing circular song in the house of God.as a singer he can manipulate godly song and perform.
If he does that else where no problem but NOT in the church.Because his aim is not to evangelise but to get more popular in the world.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by newyorks(m): 2:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
Mekwen:
If he does that else where no problem but NOT in the church.Because his aim is not to evangelise but to get more popular in the world.
well i just gave my take period.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by excel101(m): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
They are forming Holy Holy, right in there homes they sing "GODWIN" almost everyday, while some have DVD CDs that has the song. Now the "GODWIN" crooner is coming to their church life, they are not happy. Na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by cbright4real(f): 2:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
God is a spirit and He need to be worship in spirit and does will worship Him must be in spirit
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
is it "do like that" that korede will perform in church? that song get as e be
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by thesicilian: 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcei:
tell them, would rather go to club than to step my feet in such churches. Christ embassy take note (hair frying club) in d name of church. Latter assembly joining suit
Hahaha. Christ Embassy is my church.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by tragergeorge(m): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
Flexherbal:

My brother!

And they will tell us not to judge.

Is he a pastor, a gospel singer or an evangelist?

More members, more offering and tithe.

If na you wan go meet Korede for club , dem go say na sin.
what about the ones dem range as choirs, some DE Bleep on Saturday night till dawn and come still lead praise and worship on Sunday morning and people like una their songs DE put holy spirit for their body

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2017
thesicilian:
Nigerian churches are gradually losing their calling. In short, I suspect most of their calls were just missed calls.
That your church member is a musician does not make him a gospel artiste. Gospel artistes minister the Holy Spirit and advance the Kingdom of God through praise and worship. Korede's songs are just 'feel good' songs, even Godwin.
Churches should be careful the kind of spirits they allow people to minister to their members.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Laple0541(m): 3:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
thesicilian:
Nigerian churches are gradually losing their calling. In short, I suspect most of their calls were just missed calls.
That your church member is a musician does not make him a gospel artiste. Gospel artistes minister the Holy Spirit and advance the Kingdom of God through praise and worship. Korede's songs are just 'feel good' songs, even Godwin.
Churches should be careful the kind of spirits they allow people to minister to their members.

I begiii, there are gospel artists that sing worse songs than this secular artists, for Naija, we can pretend! when he sings in the church the critics will dance most.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Korede going to the church isn't wrong. In fact it's a good thing to do. But him performing God knows which song is what is not right. The house of God isn't meant for displaying secular musics it's for worshiping God and sharing His word.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2017
pcei:
catholic church, the only church u can trace its origin to peter. Proud to be one

Traced to which peter? The same "church" that killed innocent people labelling them heretics for studying their Bibles and opposing the lies of piety? The same church that had jambres and jannes burned to stakes? Hunted down people for possession of scripture? Killed Confucius for saying that the earth rotates around the sun and not the sun around the earth....(they believed this because Jesus came to earth, then the earth must be the centre of the universe..) ...the same church that imprisoned martin Luther for quoting scripture and saying the Just shall live by faith...(as in Habakkuk)... The same church that has meddled itself in all manner of political atrocities, murders, executions, the same church that promotes idolatry by worshipping the Mary as the "queen of heaven" ( read Jeremiah 7, and see that God used this term to reference an Egyptian Goddess who the Israelites worshipped for fertility of thier land)...the same church that lied that Mary died a perpetual virgin, but in john it is clearly written that Jesus had other brothers and sisters,(one of his brothers was called James), that Mary ascended to heaven...meanwhile mary was buried in euphesus, the same church that brought the blasphemous picture of the Madonna...(if u dnt know it, u dnt know it) The Catholic church save for some few genuine priests is idolatrous and nothing more than an organized cult. Keep on deceiving yourself that the church is the true church of God. I have an uncle who is a monsignor and who spends most of his time in the Vatican, but since age eight, when I studied the history of the catholic church and compared it with scripture... My young mind knew that a "church" built on such lies, dogma and bloodshed couldn't have God's name in it.
But as usual, many are ignorant... So let them be.

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 4:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
tragergeorge:
what about the ones dem range as choirs, some DE Bleep on Saturday night till dawn and come still lead praise and worship on Sunday morning and people like una their songs DE put holy spirit for their body
Hahhahaahahahah!

You got me , there.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hmmmmmm.......what can i say?.....God have mercy.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by baylord101(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
anotherydz:
There is a lil different between some churches and club houses.
tragergeorge:
thesicilian:

Hahaha. Christ Embassy is my church.
tosyne2much:
You're very right.. If pastors can invite politicians to the church and give them few minutes to mount the podium to campaign, why would they see any wrong in giving hip hop musicians the chance to minister ?

Make we just dey look jawe, cos I'm fed up of all these anomalities
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by ylaa(f): 5:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
hi TriumphJohnson, may you continue to triumph
you comment well.
Korede Bello has been a Latterrainain from the onset
so how can he be rejected? He may not promote Christian music for now
But who knows his mind?
God bless you for your comment, i see God's kind of love in you
Well done

TriumphJohnson:
But do you expect the church to reject him?

When God hasn't rejected him?
Do you win souls by rejection.

Check Korede Bello's lifestyle and check Wizkid, Davido and the rest.

See the contrasting difference.

Stop this act of rejection, that's why we have homosexual societies now, because they were once rejected by the church.

Bring them close to you, show them love and teach them.

Bless
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:09pm On Mar 26, 2017
mastermaestro:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Peak of self-righteousness. Don't be deceived, you aren't going to no Heaven madam. GOD'S commandment to Moses to build a sanctuary wasn't for no purpose. That church A isn't living up to standards is no justification for you to abandon the assemblying of the saints. There must be one that does it right. Locate it! Don't behave like Elijah who felt he was the only righteous person left in the whole of Isreal. But GOD corrected his ignorance! "Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Isreal, all whose knees have not bowed to Baal..."

Go look for a church! There are still true sanctuaries in this corrupt world.

Have a blissful Sunday!
gateman of heaven,enle o

Staying in my room to use my own mouth to pray to God is self righteousness? Seriously? In that case I'm self righteous

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
This reminds how one of my course mates started attending her project Supervisor's fellowship just because she wanted to an "A" to boost up her GP... SMH
so how will such an individual concentrate on God in church?
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:20pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
cool as long as we show love to our neighbors den we are good to go.. There is just no point hearing his word every Sunday and doing d exact opposite
as in hennn....

You will see some people praying fire prayer,killing all the witches and enemies of his village. Monday morning while everyone is heading for work he's just waking up 8.30am,tie wrapper on his waist,sit down for the next 30minutes in front of his house looking at everyone going to work,after then play ludo for another 45minutes.when poverty comes they'll be blaming witches and jealous neighbors undecided
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by pcei: 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
myking95:

Traced to which peter? The same "church" that killed innocent people labelling them heretics for studying their Bibles and opposing the lies of piety? The same church that had jambres and jannes burned to stakes? Hunted down people for possession of scripture? Killed Confucius for saying that the earth rotates around the sun and not the sun around the earth....(they believed this because Jesus came to earth, then the earth must be the centre of the universe..) ...the same church that imprisoned martin Luther for quoting scripture and saying the Just shall live by faith...(as in Habakkuk)... The same church that has meddled itself in all manner of political atrocities, murders, executions, the same church that promotes idolatry by worshipping the Mary as the "queen of heaven" ( read Jeremiah 7, and see that God used this term to reference an Egyptian Goddess who the Israelites worshipped for fertility of thier land)...the same church that lied that Mary died a perpetual virgin, but in john it is clearly written that Jesus had other brothers and sisters,(one of his brothers was called James), that Mary ascended to heaven...meanwhile mary was buried in euphesus, the same church that brought the blasphemous picture of the Madonna...(if u dnt know it, u dnt know it) The Catholic church save for some few genuine priests is idolatrous and nothing more than an organized cult. Keep on deceiving yourself that the church is the true church of God. I have an uncle who is a monsignor and who spends most of his time in the Vatican, but since age eight, when I studied the history of the catholic church and compared it with scripture... My young mind knew that a "church" built on such lies, dogma and bloodshed couldn't have God's name in it.
But as usual, many are ignorant... So let them be.
u get time type all dis nonsense, sorry I no read am
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
as in hennn....

You will see some people praying fire prayer,killing all the witches and enemies of his village. Monday morning while everyone is heading for work he's just waking up 8.30am,tie wrapper on his waist,sit down for the next 30minutes in front of his house looking at everyone going to work,after then play ludo for another 45minutes.when poverty comes they'll be blaming witches and jealous neighbors undecided
hahahaha. I just tire for some people Jor. Dahs why I don't like mingling with all these over righteous Christian brothers and sisters..
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by safarigirl(f): 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2017
tosyne2much:
What is bad is bad, and we should not try to embellish it.. If condemning what isn't proper will make people tag you an hypocrite then let them do that.

Though, I like Korede Bello but I don't think this should be a welcoming idea.. The church of God should not discriminate against any one, but embracing hip hop musicians to perform songs in church doesn't just seem right. The same way a church invited Pasuma for song ministration about two years ago, and daddy Adeboye had to withdraw the workership/pastorship of the planners

So, are they trying to say that cats and dogs can mount the pulpit to perform song ministration just because the artist released an album and one of which has just one gospel related track out of other wordly tracks that make up the album ?

So, because Korede Bello sang "Godwin" automatically renders him worthy of performing song ministration in church?

Christianity has lost it these days
please help me understand

The advert says Korede is "Coming to church", they did not say "performing in Church", what's all the raucous about? Musician no fit go church again? Dem no get people wey sin pass Korede wey dey go church? undecided

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
hahahaha. I just tire for some people Jor. Dahs why I don't like mingling with all these over righteous Christian brothers and sisters..
some of them are poor and I was curious as to why some of them are poor so I began to do my personal observation I saw that they think prayer without work automatically results in enormous wealth. They think theirs is just to pray and all of a sudden God will just miraculously drop millions of naira on their laps

When its time to pray (which is good by the way)they are aggressive, when its time for work they're lazy,sloppy and laid back.even in their own business. Except to be impregnating their wives every month. Within a year,they can produce 9kids
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
safarigirl:
please help me understand

The advert says Korede is "Coming to church", they did not say "performing in Church", what's all the raucous about? Musician no fit go church again? Dem no get people wey sin pass Korede wey dey go church? undecided
Hmmmm.. I'm not in the mood to type this evening
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:35pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
some of them are poor and I was curious as to why some of them are poor so I began to do my personal observation I saw that they think prayer without work automatically results in enormous wealth. They think theirs is just to pray and all of a sudden God will just miraculously drop millions of naira on their laps

When its time to pray (which is good by the way)they are aggressive, when its time for work they're lazy,sloppy and laid back.even in their own business. Except to be impregnating their wives every month. Within a year,they can produce 9kids
grin grin grin grin I feel you
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by tosyne2much(m): 6:36pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
so how will such an individual concentrate on God in church?
Abi ooo my bros

1 Like

Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
grin grin grin grin I feel you
I don't know how a man will be dead broke and still be honey every time undecided
Unfortunately they're always the most fertile. Their sperm is so potent and thick.meanwhile they know how to gossip and bad mouth those who work legitimately and are making their money.they're always quick to say osogun owo ni.all this rich people you're seeing are not happy. That's what they use in consoling themselves
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
I don't know how a man will be dead broke and still be honey every time undecided
Unfortunately they're always the most fertile. Their sperm is so potent and thick.meanwhile they know how to gossip and bad mouth those who work legitimately and are making their money.they're always quick to say osogun owo ni.all this rich people you're seeing are not happy. That's what they use in consoling themselves
e be like say dey experience them wella for your area wella.. Like me now.. Iffa ever catch myself 2meters near any girl eh . am toast. Whenever am broke I don't go near ladies.
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 6:54pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
e be like say dey experience them wella for your area wella.. Like me now.. Iffa ever catch myself 2meters near any girl eh . am toast. Whenever am broke I don't go near ladies.

like I said it's because I observed them well.in my cause if observing them I realised sex is the only thing that makes them feel manly since they don't have money and na them dey pass their boundary pass just to cover their inferiority complex
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dingbang(m): 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
like I said it's because I observed them well.in my cause if observing them I realised sex is the only thing that makes them feel manly since they don't have money and na them dey pass their boundary pass
lol.. But do you think its possible for a man to be broke and still be humble?
Re: Korede Bello Performs At Latter Rain Assembly. Church Members Query That (Photo) by dangotesmummy: 7:02pm On Mar 26, 2017
dingbang:
lol.. But do you think its possible for a man to be broke and still be humble?
pride has nothing to do with wealth or poverty. It's an ingrained character

Poverty exposes pride,wealth also exposes pride

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Singer, Mish Is Dead (Photo) / Linda Ikeji Sitting On Charlyboy's Lap / Portable Drives A Fan Who Broke The Glass Of His Car To Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.