Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes (2528 Views)

The Right Way To Preach About Hell - Milton Goh / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by annunaki2(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Lol bro d bible never uses monthly but uses d word harvest. Now harvest is a period u reap wat u sow. U can compare dat with salary for salary earners, so i used monthly in relation to wat is obtained today
I want to know wat exactly i said dat is economical with d truth

There is a term for the statements you made here, it's called scriptural manipulation. There is not a single example of anybody tithing from income in the bible despite the fact that money was already widely in use then and people earned income. Stop twisting the word of god to justify greed in the church.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by annunaki2(m): 5:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Lol bro d bible never uses monthly but uses d word harvest. Now harvest is a period u reap wat u sow. U can compare dat with salary for salary earners, so i used monthly in relation to wat is obtained today

There is a term for the statements you made here, it's called scriptural manipulation. There is not a single example of anybody tithing from income in the bible despite the fact that money was already widely in use then and people earned income. Stop twisting the word of God to justify greed in the church.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
annunaki2:

There is a term for the statements you made here, it's called scriptural manipulation. There is not a single example of anybody tithing from income in the bible despite the fact that money was already widely in use then and people earned income. Stop twisting the word of God to justify greed in the church.
Lol that means there was no offering from income too right? because offering was meant to be animals and proceeds from harvest too. Hope am right
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 26, 2017
ahaika23:

But we are being taught Malachi 3 till date. Brother is the new commandment not affecting Malachi?
Malachi was directed to the Israelites for their disobedience.
They pay tithes to the priests and the priests also pay a tithe of the tithes they have received as a heave offering to God. So notice God said .. in tithes and offerings. Thus, the tithe and the heave offering.

Christians are now under grace.
God wants free will giving.
You can tithe, but don't think you will be cursed for not tithing and the heavens will be opened to you for tithing.
We are already under open heavens because of what Jesus has done for us and not because of any work we have done or we will do.

Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:
Lets go to mal 3
Bring all ur tithe and offering to my house. And see if i wont open the doors of heaven and pour u out a blessing.
Now if the first sentence should be dropped den neva u ask God for d second sentence.
Or i want to know is there any replacement for wat to do for God to ooen heavens and pour u prosperity because dat verse talks about prosperity.
D nature of God never changes, his only rule for prosperity is 1.know d word of God Josh 1:8 and dat knowledge will impart ur sowng into God's kingdom.
D bible said AS LONG AS D EARTH ENDURES SEED TIME AND HARVEST SHALL NOT CEASE.
Jesus said" where ur treasure is dat is where ur heart is"
The word of God says Give and it shall be given back to u.
I have proven dis law, those dat dnt giv tithes hardly and rarely sow into God's kingdom.

If u re a Christian, here is a warning, Never ever follow those who keep saying dat people pay their tithes to pastors it is an insult to God. How can u say such a thing about a seed dropped on d altar of God. I mean without fear?
Read d entire Deut Lev and numbers den u will learn to fear God
Deut. Lev and numbers contain the laws governing Israel. They don't govern Christians.
We are under open heavens bro. Let no one deceive you that its the tithe that will open the heavens for you. No

Saying those who dont tithe dont sow in the kingdom is a lie.
There are people who sow better than you yet they dont tithe to the church.

Dont say what you cant prove

Blessings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2017
Junia:

Deut. Lev and numbers contain the laws governing Israel. They don't govern Christians.
We are under open heavens bro. Let no one deceive you that its the tithe that will open the heavens for you. No

Saying those who dont tithe dont sow in the kingdom is a lie.
There are people who sow better than you yet they dont tithe to the church.

Dont say what you cant prove

Blessings.
Now look at ur personal giving life and be truthful to urself and ur God. Are u a giver?
Read dat my post comment again we work under different commandment but d same God who let d earth open up and swallow hundreds of israelites
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

Now look at ur personal giving life and be truthful to urself and ur God. Are u a giver?
Read dat my post comment again we work under different commandment but d same God who let d earth open up and swallow hundreds of israelites
Im a giver and i am proud about it.
After taking my salary this month what i have given is even far more than what i have spent. Its my nature bro. I dont need to be told to do so or be given a promise of blessings before doing it.

100's of Israelites who were swallowed by the earth.
You must note two things.
1. God gave them a law to abide by it.
Abiding by it brings blessings
Failure to abide by it brings suffering

2. God was showing them His wrath in those days.

Now we are in a period of grace. Because of what Jesus has done, God is loving everyone unconditional whether we sin or not.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2017
Junia:

Im a giver and i am proud about it.
After taking my salary this month what i have given is even far more than what i have spent. Its my nature bro. I dont need to be told to do so or be given a promise of blessings before doing it.

100's of Israelites who were swallowed by the earth.
You must note two things.
1. God gave them a law to abide by it.
Abiding by it brings blessings
Failure to abide by it brings suffering

2. God was showing them His wrath in those days.

Now we are in a period of grace. Because of what Jesus has done, God is loving everyone unconditional whether we sin or not.
And dat grace can give u d audacity to insult d office of a pastor?
If only God can open d eyes of people to know d cause of all they are going through , most people will find out dat their tongues destroyed their lives
Yes grace abounds but ananias died on d spot wen he lied to peter.
For ur giving God will bless u but be careful to criticize anybody occupying and office mandated by God. It may lead u to blaspheme against d Holy spirit and u know God's grace doesn't cover dat
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

If only God can open d eyes of people to know d cause of all they are going through , most people will find out dat their tongues destroyed their lives
For ur giving God will bless u but be careful to criticize anybody occupying and office mandated by God. It may lead u to blaspheme against d Holy spirit and u know God's grace doesn't cover dat
Please check the names well.
I have not even commented about pastors.
I cant speak against men of God

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by ahaika23: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

I read through and didn't find where the office of the pastors was insulted. Haven said that, junia has been uncontradictory so far and I thank God for the wisdom given to him.
You can't claim to be under grace and be keeping some old testament commandment of God while despising some others probably because they don't favor you. God is just.
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 10:17pm On Mar 26, 2017
ahaika23:

I read through and didn't find where the office of the pastors was insulted. Haven said that, junia has been uncontradictory so far and I thank God for the wisdom given to him.
You can't claim to be under grace and be keeping some old testament commandment of God while despising some others probably because they don't favor you. God is just.
How many times can u walk up to ur father and question him dat way?
For ur info ananias and peter incident is in new testament
And moreover i serve d God of d old testament though am not under d old testament law. God never changes, he is still d same God dat said "i killeth and i maketh alive" i guess knowing dat aspect of God should give u some sense of fear not to open ur mouth and say anything u want about an office he constituted
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by ahaika23: 10:47pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

How many times can u walk up to ur father and question him dat way?
For ur info ananias and peter incident is in new testament
And moreover i serve d God of d old testament though am not under d old testament law. God never changes, he is still d same God dat said "i killeth and i maketh alive" i guess knowing dat aspect of God should give u some sense of fear not to open ur mouth and say anything u want about an office he constituted
what are you even talking about? Walk up to my father and question him in what way? Forget this threat tactics you're spinning, God is not man neither are you God ok! Tithe if you choose to give has been explained in Deuteronomy on how to go about it. It's left for you to obey or disobey. For the 3rd year tithe, give it to the levite, widow, foreigners and orphans. Accept the truth and be free.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by ahaika23: 10:48pm On Mar 26, 2017
zionmade:

are you trying to judge someone here? To be God go sweet you bros.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2017
ahaika23:
are you trying to judge someone here? To be God go sweet you bros.
Am not judging i just asked him to look into his life and be truthful to himself. And most times we have to remind people dat God might be merciful but he is still a consuming fire. I hardly see dat fear in dis generation
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 9:59am On Mar 27, 2017
ahaika23:
what are you even talking about? Walk up to my father and question him in what way? Forget this threat tactics you're spinning, God is not man neither are you God ok! Tithe if you choose to give has been explained in Deuteronomy on how to go about it. It's left for you to obey or disobey. For the 3rd year tithe, give it to the levite, widow, foreigners and orphans. Accept the truth and be free.
U called it 3rd year and not every harvest tithe.
U think u dnt see God dats why u can insult his office and authority in a way u cant do to ur father. Tithe or no tithe God deserves ultimate fear and respect.
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
ahaika23:

Pls don't confuse tithe with offering. In the new testament when Christ said that woman who gave her all though her all is little gave the greatest. That was offering, it's different from tithe. Tithe for all that it is remains a tenth of our profit/produce.

Yes, tithes are compulsory my brother and as the opening thread states, it teaches us to honor God.

Cain gave a burnt offering. It's different from tithe. And why was it rejected, it's because his offering were bad ie, he did not gather the best of his produce to sacrifice.

For armed robbers who give tithe, I believe it is Good who does the rewarding. Remember the bible says God who sees in secret would reward you openly.
2 Corinthians 9:7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Tithing is not compulsory for any Christian. It was compulsory for the Israelites who had the law of Moses. That was why they were cursed for not obeying it.

Christians are not under the mosaic law.
You can tithe or give less or even more. Its a blessing.
God loves a cheerful giver. And He has not instituted any compulsory giving for Christians.

Shalom
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by annunaki2(m): 3:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
zionmade:

Lol that means there was no offering from income too right? because offering was meant to be animals and proceeds from harvest too. Hope am right

It still doesn't justify twisting the word of God to arrive at monetary tithe. People earned wages in those days and they NEVER tithed from it.
Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by annunaki2(m): 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2017
zionmade:

I am sure God knows the difference between salary and harvest. If God wanted a tithe of salaries, he would simply have instructed it and not wait for 21st century pulpit pimps to introduce it for him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Pastors Never Preach About This Passage Regarding The Tithes by zionmade(m): 3:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
annunaki2:

I am sure God knows the difference between salary and harvest. If God wanted a tithe of salaries, he would simply have instructed it and not wait for 21st century pulpit pimps to introduce it for him.
Hmm are u serious? God shud have said salary? Hope u also cultivate and give crops and rams as offering or doesnt God also know d difference between offering and money? I also hope u eat unleavened bread for communion afterall Jesus shud also know d difference between dat one and d bread we have today?
Anyway u can keep ur money, tithe is not by force it wont take u to heaven or hell but we dat tithe know why we take from wat we have and give to God. And we will not stop because i have personally seen results

(1) (2) (Reply)

Self-Proclaimed Prophets And Apostles: Con Men Or The Real Deal? / What Is Atheophobia? / Bible Permited Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.