Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Nigerian Police Rank And Salary - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Police Rank And Salary (49267 Views)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / See Complete List Of Nigerian Army Rank And Salary, You Will Be Shocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by tintall(m): 10:06am On Mar 27, 2017
The police recruit salary isn't even up to the minimum wage. The government is not paying the government well in this country. Corruption has become the moon and the stars of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by UltraLeslie1: 10:12am On Mar 27, 2017
cbngov01:
Then we'll be blaming police collecting egunje!how can one survive with 9k as monthly salary?even 41k with the risk?I learnt in life, the higher the risk the higher the returns but the reverse is the case with Nigerian Police.pay them well!
What's the average salary of a state civil servant in Nigeria.

That salary structure of the police is more than most civil servant in Nigeria. Even some state doctors don't receive that much.

Even a police with junior waec is pensionable with gratuity.

There's no excuse for bribery by the police as they are wellpaid than most people they extort money from.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by mccoy47(m): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Epositive:
police recruit's salary is a bit low if you ask me.... to me, the lowest rank of any force should be receiving nothing less than #35,000

"people sleep peaceably on their beds at night only because rough men are ready stand to do violence on their behalf" cool... GEORGE ORWELL

#positivevibes
police recruit are not police officers, they are more like trainees in the police college wia thier accommodation, feeding and every oda tin is taken care of. Hence the little stipend.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ForFun: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2017
So i earn more than the IG, Kontinue grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by SACI: 10:44am On Mar 27, 2017
9000 kwa..their yearly salary didn't even reach wardrobe allowance for this politicians ...if this is accurate,I don't blame them for for the roadside change they normally collect...infact I think it should b increased(ayam joking)
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Boyooosa(m): 10:51am On Mar 27, 2017
THEY JUST LEFT HERE.... THEY WENT NORTH!

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Nobody: 10:52am On Mar 27, 2017
Too poor. No wonder they collect bribes and hardly respond when they are needed.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by domido(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2017
nnamdi1998:
OP WHY YOU LIKE FAKE NEWS LIKE THIS? LOWEST RANK IN ORDINARY V.I.O IS RECEIVING NOTHING LESS THAN 35K. NAWA FOR SOME BLOGGERS SEF AND THIS NONSENSE WILL REACH FRONT PAGE! LALASTICLACLA AND MYND44 UNA NO DEY TRY O
Guy believe it or not that's the truth. Am in charge of my dad's ATM card. When he gets paid am the one that withdraw for him. When I saw it I begin dey vex. As an ASP 1. Secondly, when I was doing my I.T in the bank I was receiving 40k my mom was advising me to spend wisely that most police officers do not receive that which am receiving. Guy forget OK. Na true.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Mountbatten: 10:59am On Mar 27, 2017
Annual Salary - N108,233

Fücking hell! That's just way too low. This is why these guy look so hungry and beg for bribe.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by sanusikebbe(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2017
It needs review, considering the economic challenges in the country. The job is so important to the public that NPF shouldn't earn too low in order to avoid misconduct in the course of service delivery.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by charlesucheh(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2017
Who post this Nonsense!

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by eightsin(m): 12:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
Minimum wage is 18k
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by onilpee: 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ighoga898:
This low income is the main reason they are targeting yahoo boys.
Ahahahahhaahha,you dey among ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by BBBlaze: 12:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
tongue i c...

new flash

dats y dey can neva stop d broad day lite n evening robbery on keke n bus drivers
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by longerthroat(m): 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lame post, police is among the para military. whose salary scale are high same with those in health sector. minimum wage of the least Civil servant in Nigeria is 18k I guess, how can you pay someone 9k or so, hand a gun over to him? na Genocide dem go commit na
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by mikolo80: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ighoga898:
This low income is the main reason they are targeting yahoo boys.
how many ppl do you know earning 43 k and above
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by iluvdonjazzy: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
abescom:
This is basic salary. They must still have more addons. This can't be it all. It won't be fair.
my dear the pay is even lesser than that, recruits because dey feeds dem in college dat is theirs is 9000, constable 42000, corporal 44000-48200, sgt 49000-52000, inspector 68000-75000 for confirmed & unconfirmed, ASP1-2, 120000-140000, DSP 145000, SP 150000, CSP 155,000, AC 170000, DCP 180000 CP 200000, IGP 1000,000. source from a close police friend
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by jnrremedy(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2017
ericmor:

Na watin tire me for them be that. Even ASP that is collecting over 150k they follow they collect bribe for road. Eguje don dey their blood already

pls dont say what u dont know
its very rare an ASP will mount a road block. Most of the police officers u interact with are the rank and file (from constable to inspectors) and their qualification is just ssce.

Don't no why people are shouting about their pay. Infact this salary structure is way better than some federal civil service salary scale not to talk of states. A constable salary scale is equivalent to Clark 1 in civil service (office messenger) do u expect a clerical officer to be earning 80,000 nii. A graduate in the nigerian police will start from ASP rank and earn over 120k abeg is that not even better than some banks

Though its true the wages are small but its not unique to the police, people of the same qualification (working for both government and private sectol ) are earning way lesser than them
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by mikolo80: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
cbngov01:
Then we'll be blaming police collecting egunje!how can one survive with 9k as monthly salary?even 41k with the risk?I learnt in life, the higher the risk the higher the returns but the reverse is the case with Nigerian Police.pay them well!
first of, do you know what a recruit is. did you collect 9 k when you were in school?
second, we're they blind when they signed the contract.
why are you not a thief or an extortionist due to unemployment or low pay.
stop condoning bad behaviour.
I swear it's like Nigerians enjoy suffering.
no wonder politicians use and dump you voters
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by menix(m): 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
nnamdi1998:
OP WHY YOU LIKE FAKE NEWS LIKE THIS? LOWEST RANK IN ORDINARY V.I.O IS RECEIVING NOTHING LESS THAN 35K. NAWA FOR SOME BLOGGERS SEF AND THIS NONSENSE WILL REACH FRONT PAGE! LALASTICLACLA AND MYND44 UNA NO DEY TRY O

Kindly shut up if u don't know and do ur investigation...

What the Op stated there is 100% true also note that what u ve there is their Gross salary i.e without deductions, then ponder what it would be after deductions.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by menix(m): 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
jnrremedy:

its very rare an ASP will mount a road block. Most of the police officers u interact with are the rank and file (from constable to inspectors) and their qualification is just ssce.

Don't no why people are shouting about their pay. Infact this salary structure is way better than some federal civil service salary scale not to talk of states. A constable salary scale is equivalent to Clark 1 in civil service (office messenger) do u expect a clerical officer to be earning 80,000 nii. A graduate in the nigerian police will start from ASP rank and earn over 120k abeg is that not even better than some banks

Though its true the wages are small but its not unique to the police, people of the same qualification (working for both government and private sectol ) are earning way lesser than them

Yes!! There re workers who earn less but do u ve any idea the Risk involved in their day to day duties
Is it because they don't publish their deaths on the media

Any day the police stop functioning, dude I doubt if u would live for more than 48hrs.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by abescom: 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
my dear the pay is even lesser than that, recruits because dey feeds dem in college dat is theirs is 9000, constable 42000, corporal 44000-48200, sgt 49000-52000, inspector 68000-75000 for confirmed & unconfirmed, ASP1-2, 120000-140000, DSP 145000, SP 150000, CSP 155,000, AC 170000, DCP 180000 CP 200000, IGP 1000,000. source from a close police friend
And they complain about corruption? Why won't they be corrupt.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by menix(m): 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
mccoy47:

police recruit are not police officers, they are more like trainees in the police college wia thier accommodation, feeding and every oda tin is taken care of. Hence the little stipend.

so what u re saying is that after the training they get promoted to Constable without working
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Welcomme: 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
domido:

Guy believe it or not that's the truth. Am in charge of my dad's ATM card. When he gets paid am the one that withdraw for him. When I saw it I begin dey vex. As an ASP 1. Secondly, when I was doing my I.T in the bank I was receiving 40k my mom was advising me to spend wisely that most police officers do not receive that which am receiving. Guy forget OK. Na true.
Bro hope it is more than that with allowances included? Or wat the OP posted is with the basic and allowances.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by domido(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2017
Welcomme:
Bro hope it is more than that with allowances included? Or wat the OP posted is with the basic and allowances.
Basic. Still its nothing. But what allowance are u talking about? If its accommodation it still amounts to what op is talking about. Nothinge like transportation. Health? He pays for that still not an addition on what the op wrote abt. Feeding? Nothing of such.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Omojudy: 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2017
A Police Recruit is an entry level position and is someone who does not have police/peace officer experience or training
This is like NYSC or training period. When u are accepted you move to 44k.
What do u expect? This is stipends or tfare to come to training.
A graduate in any civil service is usually from grade 10. Lowest is grade 8 a graduate can be officially assigned.
So school cert holders are receiving almost 50k and una dey vex? What is obtainable in Nigeria presently?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by OlatunbosunAb13: 2:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
nnamdi1998:
The salary structure of the Nigeria Police Force quoted above are even bogus and extremely exaggerated compared with the reality on ground. No police inspector in Nigeria takes home up to #83000 whatever your step. I'm a police inspector with a university degree, promoted five years ago, and not quartered, I barely received #70000.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by sirmelody(m): 3:20pm On Mar 27, 2017
saydfact:
That recruit salary was just unbelievable - i was hoping it was a typo error.. too poor
it s an allowance been paid during d duration of their training nt salary.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ericmor: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
jnrremedy:

I should not say wat I don't know or u should not say wat u don't know. Which one is rear that u are saying if i don't know wat I'm saying?
If u don't know then that doesn't mean another person do not know. Some people might not notice them bcs they don't observe or may be they don't know how to recognise the police rank. D truth of d matter is that eguje is in their blood. Is so rear to see anyone on police uniform that don't collect bribe and the same apply to our politicians. Is so rear to see a politician that don't steal money or lie
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
mikolo80:
how many ppl do you know earning 43 k and above
But d risky nature of their job deserves a better pay.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Clemz4u4u: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2017
abescom:
This is basic salary. They must still have more addons. This can't be it all. It won't be fair.

Dat is all for a police officer my brother, no add ons, nothing. Hardly can they help themselves with dat peanut of a salary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Vincent Izunna And Valentine Ewudo: Twin Brothers Who Are Both Nurses In US / Police Officer Holds A Plate Of Food For His Madam In Viral Video (Pictures) / The Working Condition At Huawei Nigeria: Reason Behind #HuaweiNigeria On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.