Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigerian Police Rank And Salary - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerian Police Rank And Salary (49198 Views)

Meet Bruno Chigozie Opara, The Hottest & Most Handsome Nigerian Police Officer? / Nigerian Police Salary Structure – How NPF Pay Officers / See Complete List Of Nigerian Army Rank And Salary, You Will Be Shocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Osquarefryo(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2017
Eminya:
I am suspecting the recruits are those undergoing training
You're right.....they are like students in college, they are fed by the FG
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by fellowtee1(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2017
bankole200:
. Recruits are those still in police college undergoing training.

God bless you bro, they can also be referred to as trainees but I think they don't really know what recruit is. Besides, if they complain that these salary are too small for police, how about the Nigerian armed forces: Army, Navy and Airforce facing the insurgents that earns less than 60k?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ogastone(m): 8:04am On Mar 27, 2017
No wonder recruits use to vex much on duty and don't look away on bribes.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ExInferis(m): 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
So even police does not collect minimum wage.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by bashbae: 8:20am On Mar 27, 2017
It's so true,I have an in-law that is a police,the problem is that the salary is supposed to be more than that,but the federal government pays into the IG's account and the present and past IG's will cut the salary and pay the police whatever they have agreed on,that is why they are carrying out the verification exercise now so that their salary will come directly from CBN OR FG.imagine this closure of Abuja airport all other law enforcement agents has been paid, but police are still debating how much to pay their men, it's so bad in Nigeria Police. I feel for them Sha.

nnamdi1998:
OP WHY YOU LIKE FAKE NEWS LIKE THIS? LOWEST RANK IN ORDINARY V.I.O IS RECEIVING NOTHING LESS THAN 35K. NAWA FOR SOME BLOGGERS SEF AND THIS NONSENSE WILL REACH FRONT PAGE! LALASTICLACLA AND MYND44 UNA NO DEY TRY O
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by richpersonified: 8:25am On Mar 27, 2017
how true can this be? the minimum wage is 18,000 thousand naira! so something isn't right here
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by deebsman1(m): 8:27am On Mar 27, 2017
Something that used to b of great wonder to me is d issue of basic salaries and allowances, could allowance even in d best cases b * 2 of basic salaries?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Reader1988: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2017
nnamdi1998:
OP WHY YOU LIKE FAKE NEWS LIKE THIS? LOWEST RANK IN ORDINARY V.I.O IS RECEIVING NOTHING LESS THAN 35K. NAWA FOR SOME BLOGGERS SEF AND THIS NONSENSE WILL REACH FRONT PAGE! LALASTICLACLA AND MYND44 UNA NO DEY TRY O
OP is right. Lowest rank as recruit is 9,000+, By recruit he meant those in the police training college before they pass out. When they passed out, they become constable and receive 40+ as salary. That is those with SSCE (recruit) in the training college receives 9k+. Understood?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by jnrremedy(m): 8:32am On Mar 27, 2017
so some people don't understand who a recruit is and they are shouting.. someone even said recruits collecting bribe on d road.......it is well oooo

and for those shouting its too small
thats exactly a true reflection of Nigerian salary scale
from constable to major Sargent... their major qualification is ssce( most jobs with ssce qualification won't pay higher than that)
graduate from police start from ASP and their salary is above 100k which to me is fair (comparing to other civil servants)
inspectors earning 69-70+ are a little bit higher
than the constable and corporal cos they enter police college with OND

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ademasta(m): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Ekelebe
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by bedfordng(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2017
hmmm
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by stephdominique(m): 8:38am On Mar 27, 2017
The Customs has a salary structure is so much worse... An Asst Sup level 8 grade 1 is paid less than 86,000 with no allowances accruable. They call it a CONSOLIDATED salary hence no need for allowances. I know this because I have recieved the alert myself so this Police own is very enviable...
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by sodium(m): 8:49am On Mar 27, 2017
How will they survive in this time with this meager salary.....
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by internetgangste: 8:57am On Mar 27, 2017
i find this information misleading.

minimum wage is 18k, so how can a person fully employed be paid 9k by the govt. impossible.

OP please verify your shii before bringing it up here.

even corper sef dey collect 19,800.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by speezyWears: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2017
Shell Graduate trainee is earning more than the Highest ranking Police Officer and we are complaining that they are corrupt.

How can someone survive on 9k per month? That is even below the minimum wage. cry

Dino Melaye is an Idiot. undecided
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by MrBONE2(m): 9:11am On Mar 27, 2017
nnamdi1998:
Too late brother grin had been Guwarad by WTF mods to frontpage grin grin
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Prince202020(m): 9:14am On Mar 27, 2017
Epositive:
police recruit's salary is a bit low if you ask me.... to me, the lowest rank of any force should be receiving nothing less than #35,000

"people sleep peaceably on their beds at night only because rough men are ready stand to do violence on their behalf" cool... GEORGE ORWELL

#positivevibes

That recruit salary of 9k is when they are in training, that's like allowance.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by seguno2: 9:21am On Mar 27, 2017
saydfact:

1. Police Recruit

Salary per month - N9,019.42
Annual Salary - N108,233

Is the minimum wage in our country no longer N18,000?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ericmor: 9:23am On Mar 27, 2017
gbaskiboy:
Those one that collect high still demand for bribe

Na watin tire me for them be that. Even ASP that is collecting over 150k they follow they collect bribe for road. Eguje don dey their blood already

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by seguno2: 9:25am On Mar 27, 2017
sodium:
How will they survive in this time with this meager salary.....

No wonder Magu is hell bent on staying as EFCC Chairman where he rents N40 million house and flies 1st class?
Who be fool?
Corruption fight ko, fighting corruption ni.
Bunch of jokers.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by seguno2: 9:27am On Mar 27, 2017
ericmor:
Na watin tire me for them be that. Even ASP that is collecting over 150k they follow they collect bribe for road. Eguje don dey their blood already

Do you know how much your LGA Councillors collect?
Do you know how much your senator collects?
How much work are they doing compared to our olopas?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by sonofthunder: 9:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Epositive:
police recruit's salary is a bit low if you ask me.... to me, the lowest rank of any force should be receiving nothing less than #35,000

"people sleep peaceably on their beds at night only because rough men are ready stand to do violence on their behalf" cool... GEORGE ORWELL

#positivevibes
what's the qualification for said police recruit?
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by ericmor: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
seguno2:

Do you know how much your LGA Councillors collect?
Do you know how much your senator collects?
How much work are they doing compared to our olopas?

That is how it is, even in advance countries. The salary of the high rank is very OK is just the lower rank that need to be reconsider. If u paying the police man of the sergeant rank like 250k u think he will see fully armed robbers n go into shootout with them? Who wan die when money dey
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by umuna(m): 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Epositive:

#positivevibes
The recruit is still in training school wherr he/she is being taken care of. The stiprnd is to buy soap and tooth brushes and other sundries.
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by SEEDORF441(m): 9:43am On Mar 27, 2017
9k is for dos who ar still in training
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2017
MrBONE2:
I will rather remain a HUNTER. grin grin grin
Hunter ke
how many Bush meat u go kee for a month??

salary of 100k plus "roger" wen dem dey do is way better than that Hunter's ambition oooo
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by waluga(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2017
abeg if i may ask...as a graduate with NYSC cert.....wetin dem go take start with person based on this salary and rank wey i dey see so
Re: Nigerian Police Rank And Salary by Tundenoni(m): 10:02am On Mar 27, 2017
cbngov01:
Then we'll be blaming police collecting egunje!how can one survive with 9k as monthly salary?even 41k with the risk?I learnt in life, the higher the risk the higher the returns but the reverse is the case with Nigerian Police.pay them well!

They are on training!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Loan Apps (Sharks) In Nigeria / Pretty Female Barber At A Lagos Saloon (Photos) / "Hire Me At The Funerals Of Your Loved Ones"-Says Man Who Cries Professionally.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.