Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,026 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:36 AM

2000 Camry Palava - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2000 Camry Palava (3006 Views)

2000 Camry Late Shift / 2000 Camry For Sale / Yr 2000 Camry Forsale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 10:42am On Mar 26, 2017
Recently, my car has been gasping for breathe.its a 2000 Camry. I have had it serviced, changed sparkplugs and plug wires, even cleaned the throttle body with the injector cleaner.

Still, when I rev it jerks and It does so when in stand still traffic,even worse with the AC on. Takes time to pick up when I accelerate.

My mechanic said that I should be 'managing' it like that. Its the worst thing i have heard,sound s like he is out of ideas. I have not wound down the windows since like 2 years.

I need help o
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by Dottore: 10:48am On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:
Recently, my car has been gasping for breathe.its a 2000 Camry. I have had it serviced, changed sparkplugs and plug wires, even cleaned the throttle body with the injector cleaner.

Still, when I rev it jerks and It does so when in stand still traffic,even worse with the AC on. Takes time to pick up when I accelerate.

My mechanic said that I should be 'managing' it like that. Its the worst thing i have heard,sound s like he is out of ideas. I have not wound down the windows since like 2 years.

I need help o
I have had same experience. Just buy a a complete set of Belgium high tension wire for the plugs. You probably must have bought a weak brand new one. Those new ones easily get ruptured and it will make the engine to jerk.that car is a very reliable car if u know the tips and tricks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2000 Camry Palava by Lexusgs430: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:

I need help o

Possible case of SOB (shortness of breath). 4 litres of oxygen via nasal specs might help...........
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2017
Dottore:

I have had same experience. Just buy a a complete set of Belgium high tension wire for the plugs. You probably must have bought a weak brand new one. Those new ones easily get ruptured and it will make the engine to jerk.that car is a very reliable car if u know the tips and tricks
really,thanks for your advise. Just don't want to throw parts at it again. Quite reliable still drives me around but annoying and not safe too
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 11:09am On Mar 26, 2017
have you scanned it to know what codes it throws up?
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 11:10am On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:
really,thanks for your advise. Just don't want to throw parts at it again. Quite reliable still drives me around but annoying and not safe too
try contact Gazzuzz n d co. directly for assistance...
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2017
Will try and scan....but want to know what people who had had similar experience do to solve their issues
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 12:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:
Will try and scan....but want to know what people who had had similar experience do to solve their issues
alryt bro... bt wen did U notice it all started? n did U do any repaira recently?
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 1:11pm On Mar 26, 2017
GuageLTD:

alryt bro... bt wen did U notice it all started? n did U do any repaira recently?
had a silencer burst, fixed it as the panel beater put some 'indomie' like materials into the pot cos he said whatever came with the pot had burnt out. Car worked fine and loud buzz stopped.

Car was jerking, the mechanic placed black take around it as he said that was the cause of the alight jerk. Now replaced the spark plug and it doesn't seem to clear the sluggishness and the hesitation when I throttle.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by emmaak2(m): 2:29pm On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:
had a silencer burst, fixed it as the panel beater put some 'indomie' like materials into the pot cos he said whatever came with the pot had burnt out. Car worked fine and loud buzz stopped.

Car was jerking, the mechanic placed black take around it as he said that was the cause of the alight jerk. Now replaced the spark plug and it doesn't seem to clear the sluggishness and the hesitation when I throttle.

same problem as mine bought Belgium plug wires and new plugs d car moved well but the jerking continue only for the mechanic to discover one of the four cylinders is not working... am taking it d tomorrow for them to work on it

check weather all your cylinders are working
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2017
onepence:

dont you feel the "indomie like stuff" hasnt clogged ur exhaust system?
it's possible it actually worked for a while like U said but eventually affecting d engine...
just saying sha.

1 Like

Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2017
I just don't like my car being troubled, so I went out today on an ultimate search.eventually found the plug wires. Had it fixed apparently, the plugs bought and fixed by the rewire I consulted were for a Toyota picnic..... This is even crazier...how can someone who says he has 10yrs experience do that...long story short replaced it with that of the car,took out the picnic (plug wires) and I have had a fairly good drive worth my Monet today, will update the house on how it goes.

So in other words, if any body needs a Toyota picnic wires, am ready to give out at a give away price...cos am not call that 'rewire' never again!
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by timifakay(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
I'll advise you run a scan and remove the 'indomie like stuff'.
Was the stuff put close to the rear of the exhaust or close to the engine bay?

1 Like

Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
onepence:
I just don't like my car being troubled, so I went out today on an ultimate search.eventually found the plug wires. Had it fixed apparently, the plugs bought and fixed by the rewire I consulted were for a Toyota picnic..... This is even crazier...how can someone who says he has 10yrs experience do that...long story short replaced it with that of the car,took out the picnic (plug wires) and I have had a fairly good drive worth my Monet today, will update the house on how it goes.

So in other words, if any body needs a Toyota picnic wires, am ready to give out at a give away price...cos am not call that 'rewire' never again!
nice one... so U practically found a solution ryt?
tnk God o
anyways dnt forget to pls remove dt indomie like stuff. eventually it might kill that engine.
i pray God will provide for U so U can get d OEM part (the catalytic converter) required..
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
Oh yes I did, really happy. On the OEM exhaust tail you talked about, I haven't had any issues so far. When you say 'kill the engine' ,is it possible that the engine is getting affected withilout any evident effects? Whats the likely cost of the OEM cos I can't joke with the car,its my everyday knockabout.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
onepence:
Oh yes I did, really happy. On the OEM exhaust tail you talked about, I haven't had any issues so far. When you say 'kill the engine' ,is it possible that the engine is getting affected withilout any evident effects? Whats the likely cost of the OEM cos I can't joke with the car,its my everyday knockabout.
there r 2 ways to it. either its working n no effect. or its affecting ur engine gradually. bt U dnt kno yet. sm of these things r slow killers... either ways its beta to av OEM parts dt "sometin like it"
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by caruser2000: 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
I am sorry that I am going off track.
Please can anyone recommend a good mechanic versatile with Toyota Camry at Effurun?
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by merrypakman: 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
onepence:

How much.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
merrypakman:

How much.
sorry i responded a little late...will be willing to give it out at almost no cost...paid 8k for it,so make your offer and I could get it across to you
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
onepence:
sorry i responded a little late...will be willing to give it out at almost no cost...paid 8k for it,so make your offer and I could get it across to you
how is the car now bro? hope no ish ooo...
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 12:40pm On Apr 04, 2017
GuageLTD:

how is the car now bro? hope no ish ooo...
so far so good, car is now sane....still thinking about the OEm Exhaust tail you talked about .
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2017
merrypakman:

How much.
bros u just wan drag my leg for outside...just make an offer at least
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2017
onepence:
so far so good, car is now sane....still thinking about the OEm Exhaust tail you talked about .
wow! dts beautiful. tnk God.pls even if d stuff ur mech put in d exhaust no dey affect am, try take great kia of d car n get d OEM catalytic converter... d ride will tnk U... n even u ur mind wld be @peace.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by Originalsly: 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2017
Hmmm.....had similar jerking problem... and from the tailpipe can clearly hear the car is not firing on all cylinders... the problem was in the plug wires... needed changing. The rubber insulation for one of the plugs was kinda burnt.. had a small crack. The mechanic said that was the cause since the spark was sort of escaping instead of being forced into the cylinder. He wrapped that part with electrical tape until I replaced the wire set. It worked fine..but that was just a temporary thing. Is that the only solution for such a problem?..I don't think so.... dirty petrol.. bad plugs n others .. but what do I kniw?
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by ebuks4ever(m): 9:40pm On Apr 05, 2017
onepence:

I advice you take whatever he put inside out asap cos heat will break it down and will end up being pushed down to block your muffler which might snuff your engines out. Imagine blocking your nose and being forced to breathe out

It's better it's empty than that stuff they put in there. Save and get an OEM as already suggested.
Kudos
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
ebuks4ever:

I advice you take whatever he put inside out asap cos heat will break it down and will end up being pushed down to block your muffler which might snuff your engines out. Imagine blocking your nose and being forced to breathe out

It's better it's empty than that stuff they put in there. Save and get an OEM as already suggested.
Kudos

Not like am in support of what was put in there...its was a matter of availability and cost at the time.

If I under stand well, the muffler is the big pot at the back end of the exhaust pipe right, if so he also put some of the 'things' there too.

Looking to change it soon,not been able to get the cost though
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by GuageLTD: 5:51pm On Apr 06, 2017
onepence:
Not like am in support of what was put in there...its was a matter of availability and cost at the time.

If I under stand well, the muffler is the big pot at the back end of the exhaust pipe right, if so he also put some of the 'things' there too.

Looking to change it soon,not been able to get the cost though
ok dts good bro. its a gd first step knowing wats ryt from wrong...
try do d needful as soon as U can sir
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by merrypakman: 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
onepence:

Bro sorry 4 late response. Kindly drop ur contact merrypakman@gmail.com let's talk. Regards
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 10:06pm On Apr 06, 2017
merrypakman:

Bro sorry 4 late response. Kindly drop ur contact merrypakman@gmail.com let's talk. Regards
sent u an email.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 10:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
GuageLTD:

ok dts good bro. its a gd first step knowing wats ryt from wrong...
try do d needful as soon as U can sir
thanks a bunch.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by chukel(m): 7:36am On Apr 07, 2017
Onepence, if u don't remove that nonsense from your exhaust port, u will be back here soon enough to complain about performance of that car. Then engine purchase will be loading. A lot of people have told you.
Re: 2000 Camry Palava by onepence: 10:05pm On Apr 07, 2017
chukel:
Onepence, if u don't remove that nonsense from your exhaust port, u will be back here soon enough to complain about performance of that car. Then engine purchase will be loading. A lot of people have told you.
yes sir.

Am thinking of taking this topic to another dimension: Lets share fuel economy of our cars.

Mine is usually around 18mpg with AC.5k fuel lasts a week. I do an average of 30 miles daily.

I wound down all week to see if I would get better fuel economy but it did not seem to make any difference in the fuel consumption.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which car model & parts have the cheapest & easiest cost to maintain in Nigeria / Please, Urgent Help Needed, Catalyst And Sensor Problems / 2008 Es350 Steering Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.