Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

6 Signs Of A Real Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 6 Signs Of A Real Church (347 Views)

Real Church Of Satan Replies Instablog Twitter, See Funny Replies From Nigerians / 6 Signs To Know Real Babalawos & 6 Truth About Babalawos / 6 Signs Of A Toxic 'Apostle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Signs Of A Real Church by osile2012: 11:37am On Mar 26, 2017
How to spot a real church.

Today there are alot of churches with different brands unique to them. Some people often find it confusing as to which is real and fake. There are few things to look out for in a real church.

LOVE: this is the main difference between the kingdom of Light and that of darkness. This is the foundation of Christianity . This is GOD and this is life. They say a prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian, but this is the switch that turns the Christian power on. If your short of love then your short of power. If you can't see or feel the love of God in a church, no matter what happens there, its fake.
Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

HOLINESS : this should be the foundation of any church. This should be the starting and ending message of any church. IF the church intends to be taken to heaven, then holiness must be the foundation. Unless the church has made heaven out of this earth. Though prosperity have taken over the message of holiness in many churches today, but its very key in choosing a place of worship, because it's all about the soul.
Lev_20:26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

CHARITY: Most churches today are more interested in receiving than giving. In the time of Jesus, it was more about giving than receiving . God started by giving Jesus to us, today the church is more interested in receiving. When i mean charity, i don't mean giving once in a while or dashing out cars for publicity. I mean a consistent habit of helping the poor, this should be part of the foundation of a true church.
Jas_1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

PRAYER: prayer is the key in the kingdom of God. The need for prayer cannot be overemphasized. Jesus started and ended with prayer, so that should be an example in a real church.
1Th_5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Mat_21:13 And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

THE WORD: the word of GOD and GOD cant be separated. So a church that is rooted in the word of God is rooted in God. Not just knowledge of the word, but in practice.Alot of churches use giving as the only means to prosperity, while the bible teaches otherwise.
True prosperity comes from obedience of the word of GOD.
Jos_1:7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.

WORSHIP : God is a spirit and does not eat, the only thing he accepts from us is Worship . When we worship with songs and gifts, it is pleasant to God. Praise and worship brings down the presence of God.Worship connects the earth to the environment of heaven. So church that does not worship right, will lack the divine encounters .Remember God is the King and every king deserves Praise and Worship .

Psa 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabits the praises of Israel.

1 Like

Re: 6 Signs Of A Real Church by dingbang(m): 11:41am On Mar 26, 2017
D kinda church where I can Go and ask d pastor for house rent and he will give me
Re: 6 Signs Of A Real Church by Taidi(m): 11:42am On Mar 26, 2017
ok
Re: 6 Signs Of A Real Church by LordIsaac(m): 12:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
I agree 100%

(1) (Reply)

Who Is A True Muslim, Part 2 / The Acts Of Genuine Faith / 5 Facts About Easter Good Friday And USA "Easter Egg Roll".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.