Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed (9318 Views)

Unboxing The Gionee M6 Mirror...just Got Mine / Unboxing The Gionee M6… What A Powerful Piece Of Magic! / How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by akinswaggs(m): 6:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
Artistree:

My Gionee m5 mini can last for 48ours with light usage and more than 24hours on heavy usage(I'm an addict) Battery charge is 1hour 30mins.
Something is definitely not right with your phone.

Bros calm down.. I dont think there is a phone that can stand 24hrs of heavy usage.. Im talking real heavy usage not just to whatsapp and play music

3 Likes

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Artistree: 6:56pm On Mar 26, 2017
donbenie:
No phone lasts 24 hours on heavy usage..forget what manufacturers claim,it's ALWAYS subject to definitions..
Hey, mine does. In short, my brothers used to tell me that my phone is a power bank cos they know my usage is dammn heavy and they'd have charged their Samsung S5 twice or thrice before I charge once.
I noticed that my phone doesn't accept any other charger aside my follow-come charger.
To me, the phone is good, he must have bought a wrong one.
@akinswaggs, you don't even wanna know what I do with my phone, so, don't go there!
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by thesicilian: 7:41pm On Mar 26, 2017
Artistree:

My Gionee m5 mini can last for 48ours with light usage and more than 24hours on heavy usage(I'm an addict) Battery charge is 1hour 30mins.
Something is definitely not right with your phone.
Wow. I really need to switch to gionee

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by donbenie(m): 8:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
Artistree:

Hey, mine does. In short, my brothers used to tell me that my phone is a power bank cos they know my usage is dammn heavy and they'd have charged their Samsung S5 twice or thrice before I charge once.
I noticed that my phone doesn't accept any other charger aside my follow-come charger.
@akinswaggs, you don't even wanna know what I do with my phone, so, don't go there!
A better way to rate a battery performance is Screen On Time,saying it lasts for 24 hours isn't saying much since what constitutes heavy usage for you might just be medium usage for me..

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by akinswaggs(m): 8:34pm On Mar 26, 2017
Artistree:

Tah... As long as its heavy usage... It can never go 24hrs oga... Imagine playing Fifa 14 on ur phone for 24hrs straight without charging... thats Heavy to me

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by pafra(m): 9:27pm On Mar 26, 2017
musicwriter:

Yes, that's what it proved in this case. It seems the "two fingers" charger that comes with the phone have a problem Gionee themselves may not even be aware of. Try charging it with any "three fingers" charger, and that would be a confirmation of this hypothesis.

My M6 charger is three finger charger. Not two something is wrong somewhere 45min to 1 hour charge very fast
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by musicwriter(m): 9:44pm On Mar 26, 2017
pafra:

My M6 charger is three finger charger. Not two something is wrong somewhere 45min to 1 hour charge very fast

Mine worked for me. I'll advise you try it with another charger.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Artistree: 11:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
akinswaggs:

Tah... As long as its heavy usage... It can never go 24hrs oga... Imagine playing Fifa 14 on ur phone for 24hrs straight without charging... thats Heavy to me
Izit your phone or mine?

1 Like

Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Friedyokes: 11:38pm On Mar 26, 2017
pafra:
Not normal. One hour should be enough
1 hour to charge a 5000mah battery??
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 27, 2017
ELff:

Does it mean I bot the fake or wat? I believe this phone should be able to last at least 30hrs on H+ or is it that NY expectations were high. The reviews I read also stated 2days conveniently.

30 hrs on H+, Joker grin ..M5 wey be 6000+mah no fit sef
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by LORDI(m): 7:54am On Mar 27, 2017
ELff:

It cannot last 24hours, that's what I mean. Pls is anyone experiencing this.the reviews I read stated that it can last 24hours plus and it fast charge for like an hour 30mins.
am using m5.....the battery last long and it's 4000mah.
The battery can last for up to 24hours
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by gidimasters(m): 8:07am On Mar 27, 2017
grin
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 27, 2017
Somepeople be lyk my phone can last for 24hrs.. which phone wey no go last for 24hrs??

we are talking of Screen on time based on heavy usage..
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Dam5reey(m): 8:33am On Mar 27, 2017
Dexter247:
Somepeople be lyk my phone can last for 24hrs.. which phone wey no go last for 24hrs??

First point on this thread..
Make them post SOT
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by OlaBa: 8:49am On Mar 27, 2017
donbenie:
No phone lasts 24 hours on heavy usage..forget what manufacturers claim,it's ALWAYS subject to definitions..
Oukitel k10000 says hello grin
The battery nah die cheesy cool

It's what I'm using before you ask...
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by dasanchez1(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Dexter247:

grin
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by donhils: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2017
ELff:
Pls I got my phone on Wednesday and I went for the M6 because of the battery. My phone cannot last 24hours on heavy usage, pls is this normal and it takes like 4hours to get filled on fast charge.
I feel like I just wasted my money.
In your humble and honest opinion, how many hours does it last in one charge? Show screen on time.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Kondomatic(m): 9:07am On Mar 27, 2017
Dexter247:

Exactly what I was telling them on Tecno L9+.

The guy claimed it will last for 72hrs and I asked 72hrs on standby or in use. How can an Android phone with 6inch display last 72hrs on 5000mah battery?

It's unfortunate that some people allow manufacturers to fool them with marketing lies.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by donefesco(m): 9:23am On Mar 27, 2017
SmartchoicesNG:
another useless phone
very useless
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ejihand(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2017
The issue i have currently with gionee m5 is that the vibration no longer works despite i have set it to work. The phone didn't fall on ground yet vibration of all sorts have seized. Do anyone have clues as to what i should do?
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by dynicks(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2017
truth is no phone lasts for 24hrs on Heavy usage....people who claim their phones lasts more than such time probably just play nd listens to music nd maybe browse for few minutes...
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Collins4u1(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2017
And which charger did you charge it with?
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by fabulousiykes(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2017
L8 for life grin grin
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by lekzdekoya: 11:27am On Mar 27, 2017
lol....u funny die...is it car battery...lwkmd...but to be serious, maybe u shld check the phone cos i use a gionee with lesser battery and i use it for over 24 hours with heavy usage. so Grandmaster definitely should do much more better, and it charges very very fast...
thesicilian:
24hrs on heavy usage and you are complaining? Is it a car battery?!
On a more serious note sha, I think I need to get that phone. My own lenovo cannot even last more than 3hrs.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by Abudu2000(m): 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2017
The ugly fact about batteries is this, there is no way phone companies can make a battery that will last the way you expect, the few that tried it their phones were exploding....it will make the phone thicker and lest attractive.....

One no 1 battery drainner is the internet connection, try to get a wifi of a second phone as hotspot,come back and thank me later....

Speaking of which, do you know one of the things that destroys your processor is that same gsm connection, with a wifi, you will make your phone last even more years.. That's why many of the upcoming phones now only have wifi, so you can get a modem and in return save power
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by godwinony(m): 8:39pm On Mar 27, 2017
thesicilian:
24hrs on heavy usage and you are complaining? Is it a car battery?!
On a more serious note sha, I think I need to get that phone. My own lenovo cannot even last more than 3hrs.
Depends on the lenovo...mine is a5000 with 4000mah battery..lasts over 24hrs with heavy usage..
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by ELff: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
So from everyone's comment, I can safely assume that since my phone is constantly on H+, it's impossible for it to go 24hrs. Simply put, GIONEE is a fraud ND the nairalanders hyping the phone are paid agents. I'm honestly disappointed because I would have use the money to get an iPhone 6 UK used with a better reseller value than this one wen I go buy so. I De vex. I feel cheated.
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by jmichlins(m): 9:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
ELff:
So from everyone's comment, I can safely assume that since my phone is constantly on H+, it's impossible for it to go 24hrs. Simply put, GIONEE is a fraud ND the nairalanders hyping the phone are paid agents. I'm honestly disappointed because I would have use the money to get an iPhone 6 UK used with a better reseller value than this one wen I go buy so. I De vex. I feel cheated.
that's the sad reality we see. You can sell and buy the phone of your choice or better still dash me. I don't really consider battery capacity when buying a phone. Aesthetics, display, multitasking abilities, size and camera does it for me.

Enjoy your phone or buy the Samsung galaxy S8 coming out later this month
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by thesicilian: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2017
godwinony:

Depends on the lenovo...mine is a5000 with 4000mah battery..lasts over 24hrs with heavy usage..
Seriously? How much does it cost?
Re: I Just Got The GIONEE M6 And I'm Disappointed by xprezz02(f): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
ELff:
Pls I got my phone on Wednesday and I went for the M6 because of the battery. My phone cannot last 24hours on heavy usage, pls is this normal and it takes like 4hours to get filled on fast charge.
I feel like I just wasted my money.
return it asap!its faulty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Get To Maza Maza From Oshodi...going To Young Shall Grow Park / First Call 2022 Was From Who And Who Did You Call First This Year? / MTN 500mb Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.