Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,972 members, 7,810,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle (33792 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Caleycash(m): 7:31am On Mar 27, 2017
Very good, they're all Sons of bitches!!
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by helphelp: 7:31am On Mar 27, 2017
odiks:

http://thenationonlineng.net/bureaux-de-change-risk-naira-gains-muscle/

Idiots BDCs... When the going was good and we were at the receiving end, we didn't cry wolf...

Enjoy your losses, like we did in the past

7 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by pat077: 7:33am On Mar 27, 2017
thier lost, our gain... .. grin
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by SmartchoicesNG: 7:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Now I can take mimzyy on that overdue carribean trip

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by speaktome(m): 7:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Time to womit all they have swallowed!!!

Nonsense!!!

#MySignatureMyBusiness

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Rebuke: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2017
Me like dis news dis morning o. I beg let the trend continue till it reaches N200 or 250 per 1$.

Free those abokis, I beg make dem go dey enjoy d one wey dem don gather from the hoarding over the yearz.

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by yahmohy27: 7:37am On Mar 27, 2017
God bless President Muhammad Buhari
God bless The Republic Of Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Folksyharry(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
The table has turned and they are now complaining. TBH I did not think we will be able experience this kind of improvement within a short period like this. I hope they are able to sustain this intervention.

2 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by otokx(m): 7:39am On Mar 27, 2017
Let us hope it can hit 199 and below by end of May.

5 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by jericco1(m): 7:40am On Mar 27, 2017
I don't feel disturbed, and if and only if there should harmonization of any kind, then it should be when the exchange rate is below 200.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 7:43am On Mar 27, 2017
madridguy:
I'm too addicted to NL my broda.

even for dream i dey comment and quote. grin
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by dallyemmy: 7:43am On Mar 27, 2017
Most times Nigerian situations defy what you see in textbooks...
jericco1:
I don't feel disturbed, and if and only if there should harmonization of any kind, then it should be when the exchange rate is below 200.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by wristbangle: 7:44am On Mar 27, 2017
modath:

Business meets politics.... Time unravels all things... Like belle, 9mths go reach one day. smiley

Lol speaking in parables but I understand what you mean. Time will tell cool

2 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Okuda(m): 7:46am On Mar 27, 2017
Lol bdc is asking fr level playing ground now. But they dictated the shots all through up till feb when things changed
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Originalsly: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2017
Headache for the BDCs....as they watch the millions upon millions of hoarded foreign currencies lose value instead of bringing them fortunes.If they sell now... they'll suffer a loss.if they sell later... they'll suffer a bigger loss. Their aim now is to weaken the naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by onlyTheTruth(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Someone call that scum gobbling prehistoric Senegalese monument called Reno O'mockery to come read this and tell Nigerians whom to blame. angry

5 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by chiboyo(m): 7:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Where is onatisi?

For the first time, his prophecy is coming to nought!

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by menxer: 7:55am On Mar 27, 2017
I thought some people said PMB was the reason FX was going outer space?
Now who is the reason for this new development, Emefiele?

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Earth2Metahuman: 7:56am On Mar 27, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:

Buhari caused the recession and inflation with his stvpid policy. This is exactly what he did in 1984 that put the country through hardship. He has decided to back down from it, seeing the success recorded by Osinbajo in reversing the policy, in his absence.

Think with your brain , even if Buhari has bought your conscience with the 250k he pays you people at the BMC.

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by KKKWHITE(m): 7:56am On Mar 27, 2017
Appreciating the naira will only bring about more suffering to the country as a developing country .
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by kahal29: 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
This Gwadebe of a man is a f00l and has no one to tell him. Eez like he wants to be unfortunate?

How can 3,000 licenced BDC operators with a 30,000 employee capacity hold over 180,000,000 Nigerians and the economy to ransom? Do they not know that the high cost of living is attributable to the exchange rate, since we are non producing and a consumer, import loving country? This Gwadebe and his ilk should be declared enemies of the country, charged for treasonable felony and tied to a stake and shot. grin undecided How I miss Gen Sani Abacha, my good friend. He'd have done exactly as I said.

Baskad BDC operators! Let them go and farm if they have no other business.

Imagine

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by jericco1(m): 7:57am On Mar 27, 2017
dallyemmy:
Most times Nigerian situations defy what you see in textbooks...
it's logical

2 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by chiefsaif: 7:59am On Mar 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Someone call that scum gobbling prehistoric Senegalese monument called Reno O'mockery to come read this and tell Nigerians whom to blame. angry
its a fair observation bro
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by olujastro: 8:00am On Mar 27, 2017
So many ignorant posts here.
BDCs are different from aboki in the black market. The CBN supplies the BDCs fx legitimately at 381 and asked them to sell at a maximum of 399 when the black market was Crazily high at 500.
Now that the black has crashed below the BDC rates, they're asking the CBN to adjust their rates so they can stay in business ahead of the black market.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by AngelicBeing: 8:05am On Mar 27, 2017
Akwasi:
Its been a sweet turnaround.

Good citizens 1: Greedy bastards 0
cool
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by hysteriabox(m): 8:10am On Mar 27, 2017
Nice.
Things are looking up.

Meanwhile... where ia Reno Omokri

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by chibboy: 8:11am On Mar 27, 2017
wow this government has just pulled off the greatest ponzi scheme in history.. " appreciate dollar and gather enough money then you fall it and cash out.." government is wiser than the people quote me.. Weh don sir

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 27, 2017
The BDC are not making any loses.They are still making profit but not as before.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Mayflowa(m): 8:22am On Mar 27, 2017
odiks:
Imagine.... BDC's are now crying that business is bad. What of those days they were calling the shots? Their rates were quoted as if it was the official rate. My advice to CBN is for them to continue and sustain the intervention so that the BDC's will be forced to bring out the dollars they stockpiled and even sell them at a loss.

How can you say this? Tell CBN to sell to BDCs at same rate they sell to bank which is 305 to 315. That way it will be easier to drive the rate down. Bank cannot be selling to BDCs at 381 and you expect them to sell lower.

4 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by FavoredGuy: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2017
My own concern is when it will reflect on the prices of imported goods.

Let it no be like the recovered loots which does not benefit an common man.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by 989900: 8:27am On Mar 27, 2017
I managed to sell only $4,000 last week at N385, how are we going to survive?”, he asked.

I swear we are very good at creating hydra headed blood sucking monsters in this country. Imagine 4,000*N18 in one week and he wants us to pity him.

Reduce the price and sell more or check out out of business. Oshisko.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / Kings Flour Mill In Akwa Ibom In Pictures / CBN Staff Setting Value Of Naira In Lagos In 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.