Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,688 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle (33791 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / NAIRA WATCH: Panic Grips Forex Dealers As Naira Rises To N385/$ / As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2017
FavoredGuy:
My own concern is when it will reflect on the prices of imported goods.

Let it no be like the recovered loots which does not benefit an common man.
Prices of goods will never come down.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by iaatmguy(m): 8:34am On Mar 27, 2017
KKKWHITE:
Appreciating the naira will only bring about more suffering to the country as a developing country .
how?
"please explain
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 27, 2017
For those who don't understand what the BDC Operators are saying, let me break it down. Let's not jump into conclusion without understanding an issue properly.

First, BDC Operators are not against the Naira gaining strength. This is the situation:

CBN sells dollar to BDC Operators at the rate of N381 and they expected them to sell to people at the rate of N399 so they gain N18 per dollar.

Meanwhile, CBN also sells same dollar to Banks, and banks sell to customers at the rate of N375. This means that CBN must have sold to banks at a cheaper rate.

The effect is that people rather go to banks to buy dollars than go to BDC.

How can you buy from CBN at N381 and your competitors sell at N375?

All they are asking for is a level playing field NOT that Naira should not gain strength. Are they not spending naira too?

7 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by justjify(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2017
femcruz:
Who did they tell when they where making huge profits from the Hike
Wonderful question.
When they were making gains fee months ago and marrying new wives, who did they run to?
Middle fingers to all the mvtherfvking BDC operators.
angry
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by ransomed: 8:41am On Mar 27, 2017
Yeepee! good riddance to black market. So glad that cabal members are weeping.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by justjify(m): 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
enairaprof:
For those who don't understand what the BDC Operators are saying, let me break it down. Let's not jump into conclusion without understanding an issue properly.

First, BDC Operators are not against the Naira gaining strength. This is the situation:

CBN sells dollar to BDC Operators at the rate of N381 and they expected them to sell to people at the rate of N399 so they gain N18 per dollar.

Meanwhile, CBN also sells same dollar to Banks, and banks sell to customers at the rate of N375. This means that CBN must have sold to banks at a cheaper rate.

All they are asking for is a level playing field NOT that Naira should not gain strength. Are they not spending naira too?
Baba, you be BDC owner/operator?
Is it bad if we all go to the bank to get our foreign currencies? Will it not curb issuance of fake currencies?
In developed climes, do we hear of BDCs? If yes, how do they operate? Before the advent of BDCs, how were we coping?

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 27, 2017
989900:

I swear we are very good at creating hydra headed blood sucking monsters in this country. Imagine 4,000*N18 in one week and he wants us to pity him.

Reduce the price and sell more or check out out of business. Oshisko.
Not so. He bought at N381
So his profit is 4000 x (N385 - N381) = N16000
For a week and he has staff to pay salary.

Avoid commenting on what you don't know much about. It will help you in life.

2 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by dfrost: 8:51am On Mar 27, 2017
Akwasi:
Its been a sweet turnaround.

Good citizens 1: Greedy bastards 0

My brother find a better word than [b]greedy [/b]for those criminals trying to ruin businesses for the thriving young entrepreneurs. cry embarassed
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 27, 2017
justjify:

Baba, you be BDC owner/operator?
Is it bad if we all go to the bank to get our foreign currencies? Will it not curb issuance of fake currencies?
In developed climes, do we hear of BDCs? If yes, how do they operate? Before the advent of BDCs, how were we coping?
It is not bad if we all go to banks. But have you consider the stress of queuing up in the bank when they are yet to answer people that withdraw and deposit. Do you also know how many people would be jobless?

Assuming all BDC Operators in Nigeria are 5000 multiply that by minimum of 4 staff each....that's 20000. Can you imagine 20000 out of work with the facilities degenerating? Bread winner starts thinking of suicide.

BDC is official. You can check google. I repeat all BDC Operators want is a level playing field. Sell to them at the same rate you sell to Banks. Chikena!

3 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by justjify(m): 8:56am On Mar 27, 2017
enairaprof:

It is not bad if we all go to banks. But have you consider the stress of queuing up in the bank when they are yet to answer people that withdraw and deposit. Do you also know how many people would be jobless?

Assuming all BDC Operators in Nigeria are 5000 multiply that by minimum of 4 staff each....that's 20000. Can you imagine 20000 out of work with the facilities degenerating? Bread winner starts thinking of suicide.

BDC is official. You can check google. I repeat all BDC Operators want is a level playing field. Sell to them at the same rate you sell to Banks. Chikena!
Last sentence is so valid. Now they are crying blue murder kwo? When they were milking Nigerians, they didn't seek a level playing ground. Insincerity and greed is really the problem we have in this country.

3 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by 989900: 9:01am On Mar 27, 2017
enairaprof:

Not so. He bought at N381
So his profit is 4000 x (N385 - N381) = N16000
For a week and he has staff to pay salary.

Avoid commenting on what you don't know much about. It will help you in life.

Ode, weren't they selling at 399 from before (not to mention the ones they were racketeering at street price of N500+ through proxies), making 18 Naira and above profit on each dollar doing large volumes? Did they call you then?
Who told you they sold all at N385?

BTW, anything above 2-3 Naira on a dollar as profit is immoral already.

The earlier they (all saboteurs and cabals) are ran out of the scene and serenity returned to our money market, the better.

#creativedestruction

I'm still looking for the fxck to give about them and you.

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by freekick: 9:06am On Mar 27, 2017
On point.
enairaprof:

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 27, 2017
Also take note, the dollars you buy from BDC is meant for a different purpose than the dollars you buy from bank!

You cannot go to bank to buy dollars to put in your domiciliary, the banks would not sell to you... so the demand for bank dollars is different from BDC! You cannot fill Form A just to buy dollars for your domiciliary account... to get bank dollars you need to fulfill certain requirements and you are still limited to certain amounts that they can give you.

So, if you need money for school fees, medical bills and the other approved CBN uses of forex (dollars, pounds, euros), you go FIRST to the BANKS and NOT BDC!

The BDC operators are not in direct competition with banks!

The BDC operators are just complaining because the huge profit they were making has stopped.

enairaprof:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by kahal29: 9:30am On Mar 27, 2017
Love Machine:
Prices of goods will never come down.

Yes it will not come down because of price sticky theory in economics which says it is easy for prices of goods and services to increase than to fall.

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 27, 2017
Thank to osinbajo that implement this method, osinbajo deserve to be president in 2019 and baba Zahra should be his driver
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Nobody: 9:41am On Mar 27, 2017
No need to be jubilant. It's just a temporary costly victory which could lead to an even more costly calamity. Money market interventions will not drive this economy in the long term. With OPEC and oil production majors almost in a deadlock to agree to a six-months extension of cut in production and WTI and Brent indices shedding,Nigeria's foreign reserve will be under immense pressure once again. Energy industry forecasts and analysis of Forbes,NASDAQ and Bloomberg have suggested that oil prices could crash to an all time low in the first quarter of 2018. I rather have deep concerns this could set in as early as November 2017.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by simpleseyi: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Someone call that scum gobbling prehistoric Senegalese monument called Reno O'mockery to come read this and tell Nigerians whom to blame. angry

Reno Omo-Kirikiri cannot say anything for now. Reno Omo-Kirikiri is on admission at a private university in U.S. His blood pressure has gone astronomically high because of the rise in Naira. The instrument used in measuring blood pressure called Sphygmomanometer got spoiled while measuring Reno Omo-Kirikiri's blood pressure. So, Reno Omo-Kirikiri is on admission and no doctor is ready to sacrifice another Sphygmomanometer to measure Reno's blood pressure. So, Reno Omo-Kirikiri is going to be on admission for a very long time and by the time One dollar equals 100 Naira, Reno Omo-Kirikiri will pass to the great beyond and join his ancestors due to heart attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Deepfreezer(m): 10:08am On Mar 27, 2017
Shut yo damn mouth Mr greed. Yall should close shops mehnnn we dont care. I cant wait for the naira to drop reach 190.
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by onyxo76(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2017
I hope this CBN intervention is not from our external reserves, what happens when this intervention is no longer sustainable

2 Likes

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by sekem: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2017
Deepfreezer:
Shut yo damn mouth Mr greed. Yall should close shops mehnnn we dont care. I cant wait for the naira to drop reach 190.

At 190, it's not dropping.

Rather, it's climbing. cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Perfecttouch(m): 10:40am On Mar 27, 2017
omenkaLives:
Someone call that scum gobbling prehistoric Senegalese monument called Reno O'mockery to come read this and tell Nigerians whom to blame. angry
senseless old man,Reno is doing his job,we can't leave the APC to just operate without someone like fayose and Reno putting them in check.
During gej's era,you guys did worst.
Buhari has not even tasted 20% of what gej went through.
And before you start licking ur anus with ur tongue,I supported APC,I voted APC,I rep APC
Am not just a biased APC member

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Siggysangel: 11:01am On Mar 27, 2017
I for hug u, if only u were present here!

Akwasi:
Its been a sweet turnaround.

Good citizens 1: Greedy bastards 0
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Gome23: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2017
Let's pray that God sees us 2ru,cus this so called BDC are still our stupid politicians who trends our money 4 their own gain and still hide under the umbrella of BDC. ..............God will interven

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2017
LOL so BDC's are complaining now haha when the are making gain who did they tell?

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by Mimzyy(f): 11:16am On Mar 27, 2017
hehhehehe

SmartchoicesNG:
Now I can take mimzyy on that overdue carribean trip

1 Like

Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by LordAdam16: 12:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
enairaprof:

Oga leave these people.

Why you dey waste your time?

They are pathologically dumb. People that do not know the difference between licensed BDC operators and parallel market traders are the people you want to educate.

Let them have their fill.

Gwadabe got burned by the same fire he fueled. I see the CBN coming to his aid tho'. The CBN has no choice. They're already boxed to a corner.

-Lord
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by LordAdam16: 12:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
989900:

Ode, weren't they selling at 399 from before (not to mention the ones they were racketeering at street price of N500+ through proxies), making 18 Naira and above profit on each dollar doing large volumes? Did they call you then?
Who told you they sold all at N385?

BTW, anything above 2-3 Naira on a dollar as profit is immoral already.

The earlier they (all saboteurs and cabals) are ran out of the scene and serenity returned to our money market, the better.

#creativedestruction

I'm still looking for the fxck to give about them and you.

You rarely insult people. And you're more intelligent that this hogwash you are writing.

The BDC operators have been team CBN for over 3 months.

Answer this question. Who set the BDC buying price at N381 and the selling price at N399?

-Lord
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by LordAdam16: 12:24pm On Mar 27, 2017
chiboyo:
Where is onatisi?

For the first time, his prophecy is coming to nought!

@Onatisi, please don't reply.

Everything is proceeding as planned.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed is the way forward. Kuwait just put a nail on the coffin.

-Lord
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by LordAdam16: 12:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
c733d:
No need to be jubilant. It's just a temporary costly victory which could lead to an even more costly calamity. Money market interventions will not drive this economy in the long term. With OPEC and oil production majors almost in a deadlock to agree to a six-months extension of cut in production and WTI and Brent indices shedding,Nigeria's foreign reserve will be under immense pressure once again. Energy industry forecasts and analysis of Forbes,NASDAQ and Bloomberg have suggested that oil prices could crash to an all time low in the first quarter of 2018. I rather have deep concerns this could set in as early as November 2017.

Shhhhh!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Let them have their fill!

Don't ruin their party.

-Lord
Re: Bureaux De Change At Risk As Naira Gains More Muscle by 989900: 12:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
LordAdam16:

You rarely insult people. And you're more intelligent that this hogwash you are writing.

The BDC operators have been team CBN for over 3 months.

Answer this question. Who set the BDC buying price at N381 and the selling price at N399?

-Lord

I get your angle (correct), I just felt they should know their profit margin will always be worked out, and they should know the party is ending already . . . high margin profits will be winding down from now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo Announces 80% Slash For NAFDAC Registration Fee / Kings Flour Mill In Akwa Ibom In Pictures / CBN Staff Setting Value Of Naira In Lagos In 1987

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.