Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,061 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! (1618 Views)

Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" / She Told Me A Very Dark Secret, Should I Still Marry Her? / 47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 9:16am On Mar 27, 2017
Please friends i need help.
Am igbo by tribe but i am in love with an hausa girl who is a muslim while am a christian.....she wants marriage but our families won't even think of listening to it.....PLEASE HELP.... what do i do?? Quit??

cc; lalasticlala
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by yomi007k(m): 9:18am On Mar 27, 2017
Is she willing to bcom a xtian?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 9:22am On Mar 27, 2017
yomi007k:
Is she willing to bcom a xtian?

Because of fear of her family (very wealthy though) she is still refusing....But i dont care.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2017
She wants marriage?
Do you want marriage? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2017
will you change your religion for hers?
or will she change your religion for yours?
what religion will your children practice?
Am not anti religious but you need to careful there are so many people who practice your religion
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2017
pocohantas:
She wants marriage?
Do you want marriage? angry

am considering it but not in a rush doh.....u knw dat muslims dont joke with their religion ryt? so too does my dad adhere to his! Am a roman catholic....a communicant....imagine that!
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by dee02(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2017
francisMKD:
Am igbo by tribe but i am in love with an hausa girl who is a muslim while am a christian.....she wants marriage but our families won't even think of listening to it.....PLEASE HELP.... what do i do?? Quit??

cc; lalasticlala

Marry your family!
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 9:48am On Mar 27, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
will you change your religion for hers? or will she change her religion for yours? what religion will your children practice?

u see thats my point! what do i do?
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by AgbenuAnna(f): 9:50am On Mar 27, 2017
francisMKD:

u see thats my point! what do i do?
I can't change my religion for anything in these world
That's me.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 9:52am On Mar 27, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
I can't change my religion for anything in these world
That's me.

Me neither....i've sworn to die a christian!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by kaycodes: 10:11am On Mar 27, 2017
francisMKD:

Me neither....i've sworn to die a christian!!

The Bible says do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, in this context your Christianity would be in question if you move ahead.

Also, you can go ahead because the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the believing husband, assuming you both were unbelievers before you became converted.

Now while you are a Christian, with your set values, remember she as a Muslim also sees you as an unbeliever. So imagine both of you in the same house seeing each other as the devil, because after marriage this love will clear and the pressures of society and your religion will set in.

Except your families are liberals who keep an open mind, I don't know how you're gonna decide on which marital procedure to follow...

The only logical thing to do is to walk away, or one of you will have to GENUINELY convert to the others religion, otherwise get ready for the issues ahead and be proactive about handling them if you both insist that there are no other fishes in the river...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
kaycodes:
The only logical thing to do is to walk away, ..

Wow! Wise words....u got me thinking!!
Thanks bro....
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by francisMKD(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2017
kaycodes:
The only logical thing to do is to walk away, ..

Wow! Wise words....u got me thinking!!
Thanks bro....
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by nnamdibig(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2017
Pls how will being a Christian or being a Muslim affect your happiness?
You guys may have some challenges as regards to cultural differences but pls don't allow religion decide your life long happiness.

Religion don finish us in this part of the world.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Babacele: 12:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
hmmm bros this is a difficult situation but not unsurmountable. Religion means nothing to two evolved souls but then we must marry our realities with the actuality of our environment.

Even within Christianity many denominations can't marry from others. Despite that, we have several examples where the spirituality of love has overcome the politics of religion in many marriages. Who knows if the girl would embrace your faith if she is sure you are damn serious? It is a difficult situation but does this girl fill a void in your being? think am well before you decide but whatever you do must make the 2 of you happy either now or in future for you would have helped humanity taken a step away from the shackles of prejudice to the freedom bliss of evolution . You both are from God and so may God guide you, amen.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
Are you trolling?

cos it's highly unlikely that such a union can work.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by thorpido(m): 2:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
I'm sure you know this union is unlikely to work.Better move on.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by simpleseyi: 2:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
francisMKD:

Because of fear of her family (very wealthy though) she is still refusing....But i dont care.

The bolded is your reason for wanting to marry her. Very good bad guy, you have hit the jackpot.
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 27, 2017
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Abiagirl777(f): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
trouble go dey sleep,iyanga go wake am.It seems your life is not sweeting you again,okwa ya?
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by obisite: 8:45pm On Mar 27, 2017
francisMKD:

cc; lalasticlala

Just as someone said above, the best thing is to walk away, she converting to your religion cos of marriage doesn't make her a christian/beliver, but only doing so for her goal(marriage).. And besides she will have to start learning to live new life.. Just call, n sit her down, you guys should just discus on friendly note, the consequences, effect now n later, n part ways,, marriage is expected to bring bond to two different family.. Beside you said you're considering her,, marriage isn't under consideration,, you need to have a conviction,, inner peace of who you're getting married to, before taking the step..... My penny!!!

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by MummyIMadeIt: 10:17pm On Mar 27, 2017
Broderly, marriage isn't a child's play ooo shocked

My question to you would be what happens after your marriage, lets say in a year(s) time when the actual litmus test for your commitment sets in?

I don't want to hear Separation or Divorce latter on bro
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by joey150(m): 12:57am On Mar 28, 2017
Joavid:
Are you trolling?

cos it's highly unlikely that such a union can work.
grin very cheeky of you to try and lure us to your website with agege bread
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Sorry we dont give our ladies marriage to a non-muslim. U are xritian and non-Hausa this thing of yours seems impossible because her parent will never ever allows such to happen gaskiyar maganar kenan

1 Like

Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2017
joey150:

grin very cheeky of you to try and lure us to your website with agege bread

grin

but you saw the bit about Agege bread abi smiley
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by joey150(m): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Joavid:

grin

but you saw the bit about Agege bread abi smiley

What a wonderful blog.. And yes i read the agege part. cheesy

And the best thing about the blog for me was it's simplicity. Thumbs up!
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 28, 2017
joey150:

What a wonderful blog.. And yes i read the agege part. cheesy

And the best thing about the blog for me was it's simplicity. Thumbs up!

thanks. hope you visit more wink

cc sauerr
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Acidosis(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2017
It won't work... don't waste your time
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by Ishilove: 4:12pm On Mar 28, 2017
Why do people set themselves in difficult situations?
Re: Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! by twosquare(m): 4:17pm On Mar 28, 2017
Ishilove:
Why do people set themselves in difficult situations?
You took the words out of my mouth....me too wonder undecided

(1) (Reply)

When Your Husband & In-laws Are Scammers / Husband Isn't Male Partner But Master By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / What Is Wrong In A Woman Being A Housewife In This Modern Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.