Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,292 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Strange Sand In My Kitchen - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strange Sand In My Kitchen (1370 Views)

Help!!! Why Is There Always Sand In This Grinded Pepper / My Kitchen! / "I Travelled For 1 Week & My Husband Turned My Kitchen To This" - Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Sweetopia(f): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2023
I'm almost going out of my mind right now.

Before I left the house, I made sure the whole place was very clean like I usually do. On getting to my apartment this evening, I saw a heap of sand by the kitchen and I live alone. I'm very scared cos I don't know how the sand got there.

Please does anybody know if there's something to this? Thanks.
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Pandalytics: 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2023
Termites (Ants)

12 Likes

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by sisisioge: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
Hmmmm....back in the days, I realised that my landlord's young female ward was always letting herself into my apartment, take my money, eat food, use my perf and even try on my clothes. Eventually, I left her a note on the fridge and added a new lock to the door. Issue resolved.

If its not termite, look into adding an additional padlock to your door. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Bluntguy: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sweetopia:

Before I left the house, I made sure the whole place was very clean like I usually do. On getting to my apartment this evening, I saw a heap of sand by the kitchen and I live alone. I'm very scared cos I don't know how the sand got there.

You sure say no be village people bring sand come meet you so?
Abi na your turn to be your village chief priest you come refuse?
E fit be witchcraft o
Mtcheeww, wetin I dey even talk.
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Pells: 6:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Ants or insects
Leave village people alone

2 Likes

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sweetopia:

Probably termites... They usually dig a side of the ground and try to use the sand to build their colony above.

1 Like

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2023
Has to be Termites. Also, where's the picture? So, we can see if it's the termite type or dem don dey table your matter for village.
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by gasparpisciotta: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2023
Your ancestors are trying to tell you to remove all the tiles in your kitchen and dig the floor to o see if there are any buried charms, bodies etc..

Try this and thank me later
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by ayeesha: 8:14pm On Jan 12, 2023
[quote author=Sweetopia post=119968049]I'm almost going out of my mind right now.)

Those are not sand but wood shavings.
Your kitchen door must be wooden and has termites in them, eating and leaving a heap beside the door or door frame.
I know cos i have the same experience with most of the wooden doors in my house.
Infact, the did soo much damage to a particular door that i was forced to change the whole door, including the frame to an aluminum one.
Don't be scared cheesy The annoying thing is that even after spraying with insecticide, they will resume work after a few days.
Very destructive insects!

1 Like

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by muyico(m): 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2023
Nah okete giant rat

1 Like

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by nicerod(m): 9:12pm On Jan 12, 2023
grin grin

Could be that ur walls are giving u some signs

It could be termites like others said

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Ogamysamo: 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2023
a poem for you, dear olasyke
Olasyke:
Has to be Termites. Also, where's the picture? So, we can see if it's the termite type or dem don dey table your matter for village.
for now leave her village people
it can only make her feel troubled
most at times things happen
not by enemies' battle
sometimes we just need to be conscious
but all we do is being curious
we all have village people
so also, we are all village people...

1 Like

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sweetopia:

Before I left the house, I made sure the whole place was very clean like I usually do. On getting to my apartment this evening, I saw a heap of sand by the kitchen and I live alone. I'm very scared cos I don't know how the sand got there. Please does anybody know if there's something to this? Thanks.
Get and install a camera for the inside house so you go know if person dey enters your place when you no dey. undecided
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by ImmanuelMyron(m): 11:06pm On Jan 12, 2023
Sign you'll be returning soon!
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Meandmycrew(f): 11:30pm On Jan 12, 2023
Why must we always read meaning into everything,? Black man we have a long way to go to get it right. in your mind now you will be thinking someone is after you not knowing that is the ant in your house that are having fun while you were away! Please go and disinfect your house so we can have peace here!
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Nicepoker(m): 1:53am On Jan 13, 2023
That's an appointment with the most high. Be prepared.
Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Worldwyde: 8:28pm On Jan 13, 2023
U have either tiles gap?broken fillers or a hole. Done by wall gecko,black painful sting ants. Or weak foundation,fake tiles

1 Like

Re: Strange Sand In My Kitchen by Sweetopia(f): 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
muyico:
Nah okete giant rat

Thank you so much, I discovered yesterday that it was caused by a rat.

(1) (Reply)

Treat yourself to a SUV, our registered Lexus RX 350. Now on sale / Would You Propose Marriage To Your Clueless Friend? / Do You Think I'm Thiefing From My Husband If:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.