Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender (11985 Views)

2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) / This Land Rover Defender SVX Will Take You Through Flood And Mountains (photos) / 9 Amazing Cars From The Mercedes-benz Museum In Stuttgart, Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by kingreign(m): 10:20am On Mar 28, 2017
I drove a 2006 American spec Land Rover Disco (LR3) 4.0l V6 SE from Abuja to Umuahia.

My verdict: Japanese cars dey learn when it comes to AC, Harman Kardon LogicĀ® audio system is epic with great sounds, very good front view despite its huge tall wide stance.

Driving impression: its total bullocks. Serious body leans as if its going to roll over. It never inspired any spirited or confidence in driving (Air suspensions works very well and wasn't faulty). Plus its a serioudly terrible fuel guzzler. More than 40,000 on fuel from Abuja to Umuahia. It even stalled close to Idah LGA and was displaying HDC fault and wouldn't start. I had to go buy fuel from another village in a 10L gallon, poured into its tank, then it started. Yet no check engine light before that time.
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by sweetgala(m): 10:55am On Mar 28, 2017
Whizpeter:
Official Car of the Queen... BENTLEY [British]
Second Official car... Land Rover [British]

Official car of POTUS... The beast (Cadillac) [American]

Plot twist...

Official car of a West African president... Mercedes-Benz [German]
Official car of his vice president... Mercedes-Benz [German]
The Senate president smuggled a range rover... [British]
The governor of the most populous state in the country drives a Range Rover [British]

Yet there's an indigenous car maker in the country ooo...

Rubbish!!

Actually both Bentley and Jaguar Land Rover stopped being British owned a long time ago, the only thing British about those cars is the heritage and a handful of engineers that design them.

In both cases if not for the Germans these British marques would have gone through way of the Morris minor
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingreign:
I drove a 2006 American spec Land Rover Disco (LR3) 4.0l V6 SE from Abuja to Umuahia.

My verdict: Japanese cars dey learn when it comes to AC, Harman Kardon LogicĀ® audio system is epic with great sounds, very good front view despite its huge tall wide stance.

Driving impression: its total bullocks. Serious body leans as if its going to roll over. It never inspired any spirited or confidence in driving (Air suspensions works very well and wasn't faulty). Plus its a serioudly terrible fuel guzzler. More than 40,000 on fuel from Abuja to Umuahia. It even stalled close to Idah LGA and was displaying HDC fault and wouldn't start. I had to go buy fuel from another village in a 10L gallon, poured into its tank, then it started. Yet no check engine light before that time.
shocked
Na winch car...
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by kingreign(m): 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
PaperLace:

shocked
Na winch car...

I even called sooperrescue to come and rescue me o. He directed me on what to do. That truck was a night mare. Chain.
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by TheAdvocate(m): 2:05pm On Mar 28, 2017
PaperLace:

I ain't Floyd.
I'm a legend.
I'm Ali... hahahahaha

OK o Madam Hameed Ali grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingreign:

I even called soo.perrescue to come and rescue me o. He directed me on what to do. That truck was a night mare. Chain.
You come ignore me when I mumu talk say I will like to own one? Had eyes on it or any other good 'old' car. Now I know better_ Heavens bless 'sooperresk' for coming to your aid. Those highway mechanic for chop your money.
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by kingreign(m): 2:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
PaperLace:

You come ignore me when I mumu talk say I will like to own one? Had eyes on it or any other good 'old' car. Now I know better_ Heavens bless 'sooperresk' for coming to your aid. Those highway mechanic for chop your money.
I go allow them. I go tow am to any safe place. But what vehicle can tow a 2.7ton truck?
This is the model I referred to.

Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2017
uboma:
EgunMogaji needs to grace this thread.

grin
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
kingreign:

I go allow them. I go tow am to any safe place. But what vehicle can tow a 2.7ton truck? This is the model I referred to.
I thought you were referring to old models. My friend has this exact model/colour. It has a very classy interior I must say, hers gat those mini-TV by the head rest. I've never heard or seen her complain...
'MACK' can tow it grin
Re: 9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender by kingreign(m): 7:00pm On Mar 28, 2017
PaperLace:

I thought you were referring to old models. My friend has this exact model/colour. It has a very classy interior I must say, hers gat those mini-TV by the head rest. I've never heard or seen her complain...
'MACK' can tow it grin
Ask her how much she spends a year on running and maintenance compared to her other cars cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses / Installation Of Android Tesla Screen Worth N400,000 Into Lexus Es 350 / Which Is Better: Auto Or Manual Golf 3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.