Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic (44468 Views)

Court Orders Arrest Of Senator Hope Uzodinma / Senator Hope Uzodinma, 34 State Chairmen Of Sheriff's Faction Of PDP Join APC / Senator Hope Uzodinma Daughter's Wedding: Ekweremadu, Dogara, Ohakim Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by olapluto(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2017
On behalf of Nigerians who mean well for the country, I hereby ask customs to seize the bags of rice and distribute to Nigerians free of charge. One container per state, and exclude states like Ekiti (the governor gives them rice already).. Lagos Rivers and Akwa Ibom states should also be excluded because the states are rich.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Danjizzle: 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
And wailers will be putting blame on the president... Nigeria Senate is a the problem of this country
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by kennymotors(m): 10:19pm On Mar 27, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Here are photos reportedly showing 30 containers of rice which were seized by Customs officials linked to Senator Hope Uzodinma representing Imo West. According to reports, the goods were fraudulently declared and smuggled into Nigeria as Yeast..

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/photos-of-seized-containers-of-rice.html

Photo-credit; Sahara Reporters
imaging if he invested the money in rice plantation in nigeria
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by logica(m): 10:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Isn't it obvious?

The letter to Customs was dated November 12th, 2016 which means there had been underground moves to take delivery of the containers using his position as the Chairman of Senate Committee on Customs, Excise and Tariff. But when Customs wouldn't play ball, he decided to threaten them with "probe". The chronology of events shows that the seizure came before the probe.

So what do you think?
\
Thanks for explaining the obvious to him.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by naijaking1: 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
Hameed Ali has come back for a revenge.
Unfortunately, the result will surely reflect in the market the next day. Economics 101 would have taught them that. But who cares, they want to run the country aground.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by kkboy(m): 10:23pm On Mar 27, 2017
When OBJ said the legislators are corrupt we all shouted him down. When David Cameron said Nigerians are fantastical corrupt we screamed, now what is happening.
Nigerians una see una life?
What a corrupt nation.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by mexxy1(m): 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
This topic seems misleading. Masters Energy Group, I believe is owned by Uche Ogah and not Hope Uzodimma.

My thinking here is that, the containers were seized and Ogah asked Hope Uzodimma to intervene on his behalf using his position as a senator.

Just an observation.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by bjoyoyo99: 10:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
And they love southing pls go back to farm farm them fulth
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
no wonder, these senators refused to let us rest over the Customs boss uniform issue.
not all us re fools.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by ekanDamie: 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
Let's know when laws are been applied and also know when witch hunting is in place. I'm confidently telling you that people are not importing again cos there is every chance it will be seized. Think deeply. does it look like Buhari is in charge?
its people that have been doing backyard importation that are no longer importing.
if u follow due process and do not import items on d exclusive list, nothing will happen to your items. how can u say genuine people are not importing. tell me any imported item that we don't produce here that u have looked for in the market and not found?
its d dubious people that are not importing.
brov, I know Nigeria is still a joke. witch hunt or not, me and u know those killing this country, dubious,wicked,selfish n greedy people.anytime they are having a bad day it should give u cheers.except on a low-key ur ways sef is not pure.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
if certified OK by nafdac.release it to d masses at 9500 simple.don't just destroy that rice.people are hungry.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obinna222: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Aufbauh:
OMG! Hope Uzodinma; A leopard can never lose it spot.
Once a guy man,always a G-man.

quarret

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by ekanDamie: 10:56pm On Mar 27, 2017
kennymotors:
imaging if he invested the money in rice plantation in nigeria
exactly!!! in d long run he would make massive profit than this import.
they don't want this country economy to improve at all.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by k9ine(m): 11:09pm On Mar 27, 2017
This happened before Nov. 17 last year, so why are we hearing about it now.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by PrinceMario(m): 11:16pm On Mar 27, 2017
edoyad:
So what exactly are they asking for, that the rice be returned ? They must be mad if so
I know you're dumb, so I'll explain to you in simple terms.
There is a payment termed Custom Duty which is to be played to the federal government through the custom. Every imported goods are been charged custom duty.
Now, the fraudulent senator want to evade the charges on rice, so he lied that the containers contain yeast, so as to pay just 1% of the amount he's due to pay to the FG.

Now, dumb.ass, I hope you as the simpletons that liked to comment can now get it
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by iukpe: 11:18pm On Mar 27, 2017
wellmax:

You ask what his crime is? I'll tell you.
He imported several containers of rice and declared them as yeast. Because yeast is charged zero duty, he wants to fraudulently avoid paying the duty. Is that right?
Youth stop supporting these crooks

In the real world (not the one we live in) he should be heading for jail. But this may be all we hear of this. What of the containers loaded with pump action rifles, what of other big scams and scammed scams that have been uncovered in the past. That is why it will continue because there is always a away out for the "big man"
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by logica(m): 11:22pm On Mar 27, 2017
k9ine:
This happened before Nov. 17 last year, so why are we hearing about it now.
...because the same man is heading a committee probing NCS for fraud.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by bishopsele84: 11:26pm On Mar 27, 2017
obailala:
This comment was expected...

#Iberiberism
#ozuor
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Blue3k(m): 11:34pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nice story but will he be charges? We all know these guys are currupt to their eye balls. We see these stories with nothing but wrist slap if anything. Most if time he gets shamed then business as usual.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Tisham20(m): 11:36pm On Mar 27, 2017
Lord ve Mercy
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by kobabe(m): 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2017
igbos and smugling
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by gbeseun(m): 11:49pm On Mar 27, 2017
And with all these you want them to be friends with efcc and customs, impossicant
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Man2utd(m): 11:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
This Senate is a joke... Saraki is the king of comdey.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Charly68: 12:01am On Mar 28, 2017
I think there should be a law to deal with any dishonourable law maker . They are really bringing shame & disgrace to the hallowed chamber. No wonder they are after the controller of custom.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Rexnegro(m): 12:22am On Mar 28, 2017
sometimes I See some news like This What to comment go just seize... 30 40ft containing bags of rice When they say rice importation for now isn't allowed? Mehn I fear some Nigerians o they really get mind to do What they do. the east And yeast Are like joint twins
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by akigbemaru: 1:02am On Mar 28, 2017
iPod senator smuggled contrabands goods!
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by adimsmt: 2:43am On Mar 28, 2017
Moreoffaith:
Abeg make dem share the rice give us chop abeg...rice cost for market now

Agreed with you but to share it, it has to be shared among his constituencies orlu senatorial district of Imo state. I didn't know i have thief as a senator and i wish he go to jail for it . My people is it not time the thief is recalled.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by naijaking1: 2:58am On Mar 28, 2017
Good job senator Uzodinma!
That's what senator and representatives should be doing: representing and championing the cause of their constituents.
Here in the US, if I have a problem with any governmental agency, I would immediately call my senator or house of rep member.
In fact, senators and house members from majority migrant districts like NY have a special office that help their constituents secure visa, and solve immigration problems.
Why can't a senator protest a willy nilly excuse of a corrupt customs system to use his office to punish suspected political opponents.
Like the senator said, any error made by the clearing agent should not be automatically ascribed to the owner of this cargo. The correct thing is to make the importer pay the correct fee, and maybe with penalty, but no. Political scoundrels will feast on a businessman's misfortune, and tomorrow they will wonder why the economy is not good.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Ferdinandu(m): 3:23am On Mar 28, 2017
gbishman:
That is another senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, just imagin these people
Just Senator. That Rogue is the chairman Senate committee on customs. The one whose sole aim, it is to defend the works of customs in this country. His sole aim now is to sabotage it big time for his personal gains . Most times I think this country is beyond praying for.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by naijaking1: 3:28am On Mar 28, 2017
Ferdinandu:
Just Senator. That Rogue is the chairman Senate committee on customs. The one whose sole aim, it is to defend the works of customs in this country. His sole aim now is to sabotage it big time for his personal gains . Most times I think this country is beyond praying for.

Go pray for yourself, because you could not read the senator's letter. Hatred and bigotry blind you well well.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Kingspin(m): 3:47am On Mar 28, 2017
soberdrunk:
..........and yet what the Senate is worried about is the customs boss not wearing "uniform" angry
Every politician of Nigeria is guilty.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by HARMYMY(f): 3:59am On Mar 28, 2017
Is Nigerian Senate now Saraki's Senate?
1. Larmorde attempted to arraign Saraki's wife and he was surmoned to appear before the Senate. I'm sure you know the rest.
2. Saraki was arraigned before CCB and swiftly the Chairman was surmoned and even attempts were made to change laws governing CCB. Just because of Saraki
3. The AGF initiated the arraignment of Saraki on forgery case and immediately he was also surmoned to appear before the Senate.
4. Won't bore you with the Magu's story. But we all know how far
5. Almighty Saraki also decided to ride a #300m Range Rover but "common" Ali, the CG crossed his path by asking for the payment of the right duty. We all know what wearing of "Uniform" caused in the Senate.
5. Lest I forget, the SGF truthfully made it known that the constituency projects will not be executed by the Senate since that is not their constitutional responsibility. Haaaaaa he was again surmoned as usual to come and explain his "grass cutting" assignment and inflation of contract.
Hmmmmmmm the big questions are (1) Is the Nigerian Senate now Saraki's Senate? (2)Is Saraki acting on behalf of Nigerians or on his own behalf? (3)Must Saraki continue to be holding Nigeria to ransom as he did in Kwara? (4)Is it not high time we called this bully to order by telling him that if Kwara State has been turned into the personal property of the Sarakis, Nigeria is not. Probably he is living in the world of illusion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / "Buhari Executed My Father But I Will Still Vote For Him" - Lawal Ojuolape's Son / Ganduje: I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso If I Had Met Him In Aso Rock (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.