Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic (44462 Views)

Court Orders Arrest Of Senator Hope Uzodinma / Senator Hope Uzodinma, 34 State Chairmen Of Sheriff's Faction Of PDP Join APC / Senator Hope Uzodinma Daughter's Wedding: Ekweremadu, Dogara, Ohakim Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Dee60: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
symbolofhope:
Copied and pasted:

Is Nigerian Senate now Saraki's Senate?
1. Larmorde attempted to arraign Saraki's wife and he was surmoned to appear before the Senate. I'm sure you know the rest.
2. Saraki was arraigned before CCB and swiftly the Chairman was surmoned and even attempts were made to change laws governing CCB. Just because of Saraki
3. The AGF initiated the arraignment of Saraki on forgery case and immediately he was also surmoned to appear before the Senate.
4. Won't bore you with the Magu's story. But we all know how far
5. Almighty Saraki also decided to ride a #300m Range Rover but "common" Ali, the CG crossed his path by asking for the payment of the right duty. We all know what wearing of "Uniform" caused in the Senate.
5. Lest I forget, the SGF truthfully made it known that the constituency projects will not be executed by the Senate since that is not their constitutional responsibility. Haaaaaa he was again surmoned as usual to come and explain his "grass cutting" assignment and inflation of contract.
Hmmmmmmm the big questions are (1) Is the Nigerian Senate now Saraki's Senate? (2)Is Saraki acting on behalf of Nigerians or on his own behalf? (3)Must Saraki continue to be holding Nigeria to ransom as he did in Kwara? (4)Is it not high time we called this bully to order by telling him that if Kwara State has been turned into the personal property of the Sarakis, Nigeria is not. Probably he is living in the world of illusion.
Copied by the Vanguard Activists for the development of Kwara State.

This is more than holding the country to ransom. They have KIDNAPPED Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by nwabobo: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2017
......while the Northern border remains porous for the Northern Alhajis to keep smuggling whatever they like.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by wellmax(m): 9:43pm On Mar 27, 2017
bettercreature:
And what is his crime! why do these people have to monopolize rice
Nobody has 2 heads

You ask what his crime is? I'll tell you.
He imported several containers of rice and declared them as yeast. Because yeast is charged zero duty, he wants to fraudulently avoid paying the duty. Is that right?
Youths stop supporting these crooks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by mfm04622: 9:44pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
Nigeria is in a deep mess if this witch hunting continue. Soon nobody will import anything again. What's wrong with the rice. They just want to frustrate everyone in this country. Why won't people wish their president death. It's now very clear and obvious the dullard at the helm don't know what's going on in this country anymore. Few people truly has hijacked this country.

Why declare the rice as yeast if nothing is wrong as you claim?

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obataokenwa(m): 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
yashau:
everything about you have describe the can of parents that gave birth to you tongue everything about you describe the can of parents that gave birth to you
I felt for you. sorry. never meant to use such words sha. not just happy with this govt witch hunting
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 27, 2017
`
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by gbishman: 9:47pm On Mar 27, 2017
That is another senator of the federal republic of Nigeria, just imagin these people
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by duni04(m): 9:48pm On Mar 27, 2017
Nobody should even get me started on Stella oduah's case, or Akpabio or Dakingari and Dariye. The Senate is filled with Criminals. I almost cried when I saw Magu in the midst of those thieves. I knew his fate was sealed instantly. These people are sitting there claiming to represent us but are doing everything in their power to defraud us, steal from us and then frustrate anyone that tries to help us. And Saraki is their chief, the king of thieves! Its sad.
We need to rise up and take our Senate back. That house is full of thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Dee60: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
GOD WILL SAVE OUR NATION. THESE WICKED RULERS WILL ONE DAY BECOME HISTORY.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by agarawu23(m): 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Debt cheesy
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by MONITZ: 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
I knee the fight between Magu and the 'dishonorable 'members would get messier as we can see now, more secrets would be revealed, a lot of poo will also hit the fan and in the end there will be lots of casualty and no prisoners will be taken or resignation from any of the quarters involved because this is Nigeria and it's not in our character to resign because u only ve one chance to loot the national cake...
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obataokenwa(m): 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
ekanDamie:

I wonder how people like you breathe. u want a govt like USA put u don't know that policy's n struggle despite how hard got them to where dey are today.
so, u don't hear DAT dey are controlling rice imports so as to encourage local producers.
so why did he declare it as yeast if what he is doing is right?
dis are d people making Nigeria not to work, dis are d people increasing the cost of food items, dis are d people collecting millions every month as senators but yet still import and prevent/sabotage local production so me n u can suffer. they are d ones importing generators n making power seem like rocket science.
u don't ever need to defend dis vagabonds erespective of whatever means, be it witch-hunt or whatever.
Let's know when laws are been applied and also know when witch hunting is in place. I'm confidently telling you that people are not importing again cos there is every chance it will be seized. Think deeply. does it look like Buhari is in charge?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by imanicah(m): 9:51pm On Mar 27, 2017
WE ARE NOT SURPRISED THE ARE THERE FOR THEIR SHADY BUSINESS.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by mfm04622: 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
Bro, there is what you're not seeing. The country is stagnant with all this nonsense witch hunting

So it is witch hunting if someone committed crime and he is asked to bear responsibilities for his crime?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by nextstep(m): 9:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
Nigeria is in a deep mess if this witch hunting continue. Soon nobody will import anything again. What's wrong with the rice. They just want to frustrate everyone in this country. Why won't people wish their president death. It's now very clear and obvious the dullard at the helm don't know what's going on in this country anymore. Few people truly has hijacked this country.

Importing rice and pretending it's yeast is not a problem for you? If there are no witches, then witch hunting would be fruitless. They should share the rice for free to Imo people.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obataokenwa(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
mfm04622:

Why declare the rice as yeast if nothing is wrong as you claim?
Let's know when laws are been applied and also know when witch hunting is in place. I'm confidently telling you that people are not importing again cos there is every chance it willbe seized. Think deeply. does it look like Buhariis in charge?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by yashau(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
I felt for you. sorry. never meant to use such words sha. not just happy with this govt witch hunting
kid grow up ain't your mate on this forum
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obailala(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
bishopsele84:
They should allow the man to do his business after all he's not the only one involved in illicit business in the zoo called Nigeria
This comment was expected...

#Iberiberism

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obataokenwa(m): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2017
nextstep:

Importing rice and pretending it's yeast is not a problem for you? If there are no witches, then witch hunting would be fruitless. They should share the rice for free to Imo people.
Let's know when laws are been applied and also know when witch hunting is in place. I'm confidently telling you that people are not importing again cos there is every chance it willbe seized. Think deeply. does it look like Buhariis in charge?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by doublefreez(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ibo Mand Business be like 5&6[img][/img]
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by nextstep(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
duni04:
Nobody should even get me started on Stella oduah's case, or Akpabio or Dakingari and Dariye. The Senate is filled with Criminals. I almost cried when I saw Magu in the midst of those thieves. I knew his fate was sealed instantly. These people are sitting there claiming to represent us but are doing everything in their power to defraud us, steal from us and then frustrate anyone that tries to help us. And Saraki is their chief, the king of thieves! Its sad.
We need to rise up and take our Senate back. That house is full of thieves.

The senate is full of the honourables that were voted in by the people. The general populace is directly responsible for putting those thieves there.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by doublefreez(m): 9:54pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ibo Man and Business be like 5&6[img][/img]
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obailala(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:
This sort of reasoning was definitely expected... I guess the witches actually made the businessman to declare the goods a yeast instead of rice to pay less import duties okwa ya?

#Iberiberism
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by doublefreez(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ibo Man and Business be like 5&6
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by LordVoldemort(m): 9:57pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okuda:
this guy should forget this rice and not push the blame on an innocent agent. did he not know rice is contraband before importing it into the country? 1. 2, why is he trying to get the container back based on his skewed idea that the agent said it was yeast meanwhile he knows it is rice.

His crime is not importing rice, you are free to import rice so far you can source for dollar to buy it.

His crime is declaring it as yeast just to pay Lower import duty or he might have gotten the dollar @ the offical rate to import yeast and instead he imported rice
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Okuda(m): 9:59pm On Mar 27, 2017
LordVoldemort:

His crime is not importing rice, you are free to import rice so far you can source for dollar to buy it.

His crime is declaring it as yeast just to pay Lower import duty or he might have gotten the dollar @ the offical rate to import yeast and instead he imported rice

is rice no more contraband?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 27, 2017
obataokenwa:

MR READ THE WRITE UP B4 U DISPLAY UR IGNORANCE,

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by UltimatedeBest(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
kbams241:
Hmmmm. Dis confirms d hatred dey had for d custom boss

Hope Uzodinma is d chairman Senate committee on custom nd excise. He is currently investigating customs of d missing 4 trillion naira since 2006 till 2016. How come customs never came up with dis rice revelations since until Senate started probing customs of d 4 trillion? I smell rat
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by LordVoldemort(m): 10:03pm On Mar 27, 2017
Okuda:

is rice no more contraband?

Bringing rice through land boarder is a crime. But through the port is not
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by obailala(m): 10:07pm On Mar 27, 2017
bettercreature:
And what is his crime! why do these people have to monopolize rice
Nobody has 2 heads
What's his crime?... Are we even well in this country?.... Someone declares in Customs papers thay he's importing yeast (lower import duty) but goes ahead to fraudulently import rice instead and here is someone asking what the crime is?

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Originalsly: 10:12pm On Mar 27, 2017
Ol...these guys!....30 containers of yeast?... that would certainly get the attention of Customs!
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by InvertedHammer: 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2017
UltimatedeBest:

Hope Uzodinma is d chairman Senate committee on custom nd excise. He is currently investigating customs of d missing 4 trillion naira since 2006 till 2016. How come customs never came up with dis rice revelations since until Senate started probing customs of d 4 trillion? I smell rat

Isn't it obvious?

The letter to Customs was dated November 12th, 2016 which means there had been underground moves to take delivery of the containers using his position as the Chairman of Senate Committee on Customs, Excise and Tariff. But when Customs wouldn't play ball, he decided to threaten them with "probe". The chronology of events shows that the seizure came before the probe.

So what do you think?
\

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lateef Jakande Is Dead (First Civilian Governor Of Lagos Dies) / Where Seized Maxokada And Gokada Bikes Are Kept By LASG - Photos / Dino Melaye And Godswill Akpabio In A Dancing Competition (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.