Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic (44465 Views)

Court Orders Arrest Of Senator Hope Uzodinma / Senator Hope Uzodinma, 34 State Chairmen Of Sheriff's Faction Of PDP Join APC / Senator Hope Uzodinma Daughter's Wedding: Ekweremadu, Dogara, Ohakim Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by nkemjacob2(m): 5:03am On Mar 28, 2017
halimudu ali i can see ur handwork
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by dallyemmy: 5:35am On Mar 28, 2017
I THINK THE SENATORS NEED TO START WEARING UNIFORM AND THE CUSTOM SHOULD BE ON MUFTI FOR PEACE TO REIGN...
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by MizSparks(f): 5:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Haba! All this by one person? Which way Naija...
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by FRANKOSKI(m): 6:02am On Mar 28, 2017
Masters in deed
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by DeRay98(m): 6:10am On Mar 28, 2017
bettercreature:
And what is his crime! why do these people have to monopolize rice
Nobody has 2 heads

His crime is that he smuggled them in as yeast which he paid far less than the duty on importation than he ought pay if he declared them as rice. Meaning that he short-changed the custom/Nigeria of huge sums of money. Yet, he is a senator who collect millions on monthly salary or whatever they are paid and still steal from the govt.
This is why they have been using uniform as an issue with the customs boss. They have not been able to control him for their own interest.

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by mfm04622: 6:29am On Mar 28, 2017
obataokenwa:
Let's know when laws are been applied and also know when witch hunting is in place. I'm confidently telling you that people are not importing again cos there is every chance it willbe seized. Think deeply. does it look like Buhariis in charge?

If you do the right things, why would your goods be seized? However, if you want to cut corners and cheat the country or break our rules, better don't import. Simple
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by package7(m): 6:31am On Mar 28, 2017
What do you expect from a "RED"chief cap, Omo ole nla...
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by mfm04622: 6:31am On Mar 28, 2017
naijaking1:
Hameed Ali has come back for a revenge.
Unfortunately, the result will surely reflect in the market the next day. Economics 101 would have taught them that. But who cares, they want to run the country aground.

The seizure came before they started probing Ali! In fact, we can say the probe is as a result of the seizure
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by pahen1991: 6:42am On Mar 28, 2017
my pdp senator
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by DeRay98(m): 6:55am On Mar 28, 2017
naijaking1:
Good job senator Uzodinma!
That's what senator and representatives should be doing: representing and championing the cause of their constituents.
Here in the US, if I have a problem with any governmental agency, I would immediately call my senator or house of rep member.
In fact, senators and house members from majority migrant districts like NY have a special office that help their constituents secure visa, and solve immigration problems.
Why can't a senator protest a willy nilly excuse of a corrupt customs system to use his office to punish suspected political opponents.
Like the senator said, any error made by the clearing agent should not be automatically ascribed to the owner of this cargo. The correct thing is to make the importer pay the correct fee, and maybe with penalty, but no. Political scoundrels will feast on a businessman's misfortune, and tomorrow they will wonder why the economy is not good.

Contrary to your assumption, the Nig senators are not working for their constituencies but for personal gains.
Our customs is beehive of corruption but the senators have been using their privileges to exploit it and only now trying to nail it because the custom boss has refused to play with them.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by bsideboii(m): 7:37am On Mar 28, 2017
It means this has been going on unabated.Just because senators fall out with the Customs boss we are watching you guys closely.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by bolrew: 7:58am On Mar 28, 2017
Am just tired of all our LEADERS....Wetin na only them dey for this country
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Basfaq(m): 7:59am On Mar 28, 2017
bishopsele84:
lol you no serious I swear I be confirmed edo blahd.I greet you specially
Haa,see life,am your inlaw,I married from inshan. grin
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2017
bettercreature:
And what is his crime! why do these people have to monopolize rice
Nobody has 2 heads

His crime is declaring the rice as yeast to evade normal duty..
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by southsouthman: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2017
Sorry guys, is there any ban on importation of rice apart from through land borders? So what is this man crime for crying out loud. It is absurd to hear that the goods were declared as yeast. The question will be are our custom officers so daft that they don't open containers before clearing. Abeg make them free the man so that we go see rice to buy and eat in the country.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by pappistonedcg: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2017
pxjosh:
so the question now is: what will now happen to the rice last last?.

babe helep me ask o..
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by IKEOHA2019: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Here are photos reportedly showing 30 containers of rice which were seized by Customs officials linked to Senator Hope Uzodinma representing Imo West. According to reports, the goods were fraudulently declared and smuggled into Nigeria as Yeast..

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/03/photos-of-seized-containers-of-rice.html

Photo-credit; Sahara Reporters

The rice was never imported by Senator Hope Uzodinma, but by Masters energy commodities trading company, a subsidiary of Masters Energy Group
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by dfrost: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2017
@ SenatorAnyanwu I expect your expert opinion on this as he is from the same Imo State as you. Lend your voice to this issue please.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by dfrost: 8:48am On Mar 28, 2017
duni04:
Nobody should even get me started on Stella oduah's case, or Akpabio or Dakingari and Dariye. The Senate is filled with Criminals. I almost cried when I saw Magu in the midst of those thieves. I knew his fate was sealed instantly. These people are sitting there claiming to represent us but are doing everything in their power to defraud us, steal from us and then frustrate anyone that tries to help us. And Saraki is their chief, the king of thieves! Its sad.
We need to rise up and take our Senate back. That house is full of thieves.

More like "Ali Baba and the 40 thieves". lipsrsealed But we all know the aftermath: they will end up killing each other (literally or otherwise).

1 Like

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by middlebelter(m): 8:57am On Mar 28, 2017
My recommendation, give 50% to be shared to communities in his constituency and 50%to IDP. End of story.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by lifeworth247(m): 9:02am On Mar 28, 2017
We are talking of exporting rice to grow the naira and yet our leaders are importing rice.
Send the bags of rice to IDP camps, pls.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by tyeenigga(m): 9:17am On Mar 28, 2017
Let the count begin, custom 1- 0 senate
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by kasany(f): 9:28am On Mar 28, 2017
#changebeginswithhim
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by Gwazah(m): 9:45am On Mar 28, 2017
So pathetic, and this man will continue serving in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by simpleseyi: 9:47am On Mar 28, 2017
edoyad:
So what exactly are they asking for, that the rice be returned ? They must be mad if so

No, we are asking that the rice should be taken to IDP camp in North East and distributed to the inhabitants. Se Finih.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by karimusaa: 10:21am On Mar 28, 2017
Who is now deceiving who

1 Share

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:37am On Mar 28, 2017
obailala:
What's his crime?... Are we even well in this country?.... Someone declares in Customs papers thay he's importing yeast (lower import duty) but goes ahead to fraudulently import rice instead and here is someone asking what the crime is?
We re very well in the country bro.
Problem is majority of Nigerians re dull beyond imagination.
This intellectual dearth accounts for the massive unemployment problem currently bedevilling the country.
Nobody wants to employ a daft.
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by bishopsele84: 11:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Basfaq:
Haa,see life,am your inlaw,I married from inshan. grin
send me a private message so we can talk better
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by sweetgala(m): 11:13am On Mar 28, 2017
soberdrunk:
..........and yet what the Senate is worried about is the customs boss not wearing "uniform" angry

Their intentions are to get rid of him. Remember that in less than 300 days this same Hammed Ali had collected more import levy and returned same to federal coffers than the summation of previous customs DG have done in 5 years.

He also has the senate range rover situation, the Kano senator dabacle, the stoppage of waivers often given to government officials and their cronies , this new 30 containers , those pump action riffles which I'm sure belonged to a big shot.

The man has offended many people with his actions.

2 Likes

Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by sweetgala(m): 11:15am On Mar 28, 2017
simpleseyi:

No, we are asking that the rice should be taken to IDP camp in North East and distributed to the inhabitants. Se Finih.

Fully agree the rice should be forfeited to the NG FG and NEMA who would then distribute the rice and other seized consumables determined as safe for consumption to areas where there is need. The farmers in Benue, IDP in NE , southern Kaduna victims etc
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by sweetgala(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2017
IKEOHA2019:

The rice was never imported by Senator Hope Uzodinma, but by Masters energy commodities trading company, a subsidiary of Masters Energy Group​

And how do you know this ?
Re: Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic by sweetgala(m): 11:19am On Mar 28, 2017
southsouthman:
Sorry guys, is there any ban on importation of rice apart from through land borders? So what is this man crime for crying out loud. It is absurd to hear that the goods were declared as yeast. The question will be are our custom officers so daft that they don't open containers before clearing. Abeg make them free the man so that we go see rice to buy and eat in the country.

False declaration of content so as to circumvent payment of appropriate import levy, the CBN in agreement with NG Customs have placed a high import levy on Rice and other products to protect locally produced rice, yeast has a lower levy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..." / Dino Melaye And Godswill Akpabio In A Dancing Competition (Photo) / Women Throw Their Wrappers For Nnamdu Kanu To Walk On (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.