Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal (33020 Views)

Ali Baba Speaks On Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation Saga Over NYSC Certificate Scandal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / Dino Melaye Addresses Certificate Scandal: "I Graduated From Harvard, UNIABUJA" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by oluwaahmed: 8:45am On Mar 28, 2017
Xkalaban:

I'm not a lover nor a hater of Dino. One can say that I'm indifferent about his ongoing drama. But seeing this clip he posted on YouTube is quite disappointing & childish. This isn't the way that a senator of a whole country called Nigeria should conduct himself. He displayed no ethics whatsoever. And things like what we see on that clip is why foreigners take our govt for a joke.

D country is a zoo, dt ow animals behave.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by HungerBAD: 8:46am On Mar 28, 2017
middlebelter:

Your comment would have made a better impact without you necessarily castigate good people from Kogi West.
As a good student of Nigeria Politics, or so I assume, I expect you to know that the choice of political leaders are not often made by the grassroots. It was a lot political manipulations that lead to the emergence of Dino Melaye as a Senator after the abysmal performance of Smart Adeyemi. Today the people of Okun land are lamenting their lots. They as a matter of fact have better educated people than the likes of Dino and Smart but such people will never be allowed to emerge just as the same power block will not allow Nigerians to produce the best hands a d brains for the office of President.

Therefore to further castigate the electorates in Kogi State on the matter is the height of insensitivity to the plight of the the oppressed and I hereby demand an apology from you on behalf of this good people of Kogi West, otherwise, I would simply wish your constituency worse representation like the type of Senator Dino. Someone that will go to National assembly to fight and disgrace your people, yet only come back to move from lower chamber to upper chamber only to become appendage to the Senate President and his wife and then will make feasible impact on your people. Insult upon injury. It hurts!!!.

I apologize brother.

Did not mean to insult the good people of Kogi West.

3 Likes

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by HAH: 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
HungerBAD:
Dino Maleye did not graduate, simple.

That the Vice-Chancellor said he graduated, is to save face and to a large extent, not let the world see the porous nature of the ABU, to prevent them from being the laughing stock of the Nigeria Academic Community.

I look forward to the Court Case.

The Court case, if eventually continued, will expose the duplicitous Character of the Vice-Chancellor. The Final Nail into his Coffin, will be his 1999 NYSC certificate, when he graduated in 2000. Maybe Dino is a TIME TRAVELER.

There are so many things wrong with this Dino Story.

Which transcript was sent to UNIABUJA?do 3rd Class Graduates go for straight Post-Graduate Degree's now?i mean how did somebody with 3 "O" Level WAEC credits end up as a Senator in Nigeria?

So KOGI STATE wants to tell me that it is this "ACADEMIC FRAUD" the best they have to offer?

I am starting to suspect that it is Aliens that live in Kogi State.

Abi no be them vote back Prince Abubakar Audu?even after looting the State to the ground? Same State that made somebody that was not even in the Country when an election was held, a Governor now? i started suspecting Dino was an illiterate when he openly boasted he will "FORCEFULLY" sleep with, and get REMI TINUBU Pregnant.

Service year 99-2000 was held from July 2000-june 2001 and clearly written on our certificate, cos I was part of it, the delay was due to ASUU strike( if you in abuja quote me I will invite you to see my certificate)

With some years working experience some courses admit 3rd class degree holder for master direct without PGD especially if the experience is in the field being studied, kindly make research.

Am not holding brief for Dino but stating a fact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by kingphilip(m): 8:49am On Mar 28, 2017
Raydans:
Like you served in ogun state. Abeokuta south lga within that period ?
Yea you're right
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by sammhi(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2017
onismate:
With this current situation of politician and senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Senator Dino Melaye, it is imperative to note that the law makers are mostly the first breakers of their own laws.

It has been reported that Dino melaye didn’t graduate from Ahmadu Bello Unibversity Zaria (ABU) as he claimed. He also claimed he’s a graduate of London school of Economics and student of Harvard University. The both higher institutions have come to deny the claims why ABU is yet to make a statement on Dino graduating from Geography department from the prestigious university.

Here are 7 things I have learnt from this Dino melaye certificate saga, and I believe you should also take a clue from this incident.

Most Nigerian Politicians are not loyal and care about the feelings of the masses: If a Nigerian politicians are not loyal to this country. They are not afraid of the masses or our feelings. They just do what they like and how they like it. If they really care, some of them won’t use dubious means, forged certificate to enter the seat of power. So most of them are not loyal.

Our lawmakers are mostly the first to break laws: Most of our law makers are the first to break laws in this country. They don’t respect the rule of law. They just find a way to cover up their flaws after abusing the laws.

NYSC photos shouldn’t be enough proof that one served
: In this age and time when corruption and forgery is so easy in Nigeria, photos of you wearing NYSC uniform is not enough proof that one served because anyone can get the uniform and take a photo with it. So many Nigerian politicians have claimed that they served by showing us a photo of them on NYSC uniform. But how about showing us certificate rather than photo. Couple of children of rich Nigerian politicians don’t serve, and they will want to go into power years to come. Don’t be surprised that they will bring out photos of them on NYSC uniform that time.

It was reported that Davido served in Lagos from November 2015-october 2016. But during the orientation course he was far away outside Nigeria for a show. Years to come he go still tell you say him serve.

Keep records of your academic dealings and let them be genuine: We are in internet age, anything can be traceable. Not the age of yester years when getting information is difficult. Internet and Social media has made things easy. I have heard of people who keep their academic work records back in school, from their test scripts to others just to avoid future controversies. Because immediately you start climbing the ladder to greatness, people will start tracing your past. Having those records will help you tackle any educational controversy that comes your way.

I loved the way Former President Goodluck Jonathan handled his own when it was reported in the media that he never finished his PhD thesis. He just showed us his PhD results. Na so matter die down. But the records Dino is showing us are just contradicting themselves. Like, he said graduated in 2000 but claimed to go for his NYSC in 1999. The master project he showed us, he claimed he finished in 2015 but his supervisor’s signature was showing January 2017.

Laws and punishments are mostly meant for the poor people: If Dino would have been a poor man or a nobody he would have been thrown out of that senatorial position or arrested. ABU for don release statement long ago. But because he’s rich and powerful they kept mute. The Nigerian system is weird, it favours the rich and the powerful. With everything going on with Dino Melaye certificate saga, it’s obvious that there’s something fishy about it.

Nigerian Educational systems is in a big mess: Yes the Nigerian educational system is in a big mess. If it took within 24 hours to denounce Dino’s claims by Harvard and LSE that he never was once a student at the university, ABU which is a Nigerian university is not saying anything about it. It is easier to forge results in Nigeria without any verification. There are so many runs going on in our higher institutions. I heard of so many institutions that students have been studying for up to 3 years but yet to have a matriculation number.

Most Nigerian politicians parade themselves with Titles and things they are not: Nigerian politicians are always in the habit of showing off power. They parade themselves with titles they are not, e.g like MSc, msn, hsb and other sorts. It might interest you to note that most of these politicians forged their certificates and bought titles they didn’t earn. They will lie to us, and we bought the lies. Time has come when we have to verify very well about titles and academic records of our politicians before they contest for any position in this country.

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1354-seven-7-things-i-observed-and-have-come-to-learn-from-dino-melaye-s-certificate-saga
Just to add this :
Nigerian journalist should learn to do a thorough job. Investigate journalism is the best .. it may take even a year to get to you to nail a crook , do a good job
SR did not do a good job . It was hog wash at best .
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by laladre: 8:51am On Mar 28, 2017
kiyosaki1:
Am beginning to think you have a personal score to settle with the subject.if not after the highest authority has approved of something you still have your doubt.If I may ask you a simple question where do you form your opinion that the subject do not graduate?Is it not from a source that is not close to the authority that got his source from some nameless person,you are quick to believed this source without question but quick to disapproved the message from the authoritative source.

Oga shutup, go back to bed and snap out, this is a forum for intellects not morons.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Guyman02: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2017
grin grin

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Xkalaban(m): 8:56am On Mar 28, 2017
oluwaahmed:

D country is a zoo, dt ow animals behave.

I just weak for naija bro. Our problems hurts the most cos they are not natural but fcking man-made. Smh...
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Ishilove: 8:57am On Mar 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

I apologize brother.

Did not mean to insult the good people of Kogi West.
Trouble na your middle name

1 Like

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by achieverme(m): 8:58am On Mar 28, 2017
kiyosaki1:
Am beginning to think you have a personal score to settle with the subject.if not after the highest authority has approved of something you still have your doubt.If I may ask you a simple question where do you form your opinion that the subject do not graduate?Is it not from a source that is not close to the authority that got his source from some nameless person,you are quick to believed this source without question but quick to disapproved the message from the authoritative source.
If you value your education, you should see the Dino's case as a personal insult to your intelligence. But I guess you have no respect for yourself and neither do you value your personality, hence your self-transformation to a politicians pawn.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by MrTypist: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2017

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by HungerBAD: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2017
Ishilove:

Trouble na your middle name

I love YOU too.

To ZA OZA ROOM for private calls.

OYA.

2 Likes

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Okuda(m): 9:09am On Mar 28, 2017
kiyosaki1:

Because there are descrepancies even for the blind to see and things dont add up. Its called common sense

1 Like

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Kiakia(m): 9:09am On Mar 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

That the Vice-Chancellor said he graduated, is to save face and to a large extent, not let the world see the porous nature of the ABU, to prevent them from being the laughing stock of the Nigeria Academic Community.

The Court case, if eventually continued, will expose the duplicitous Character of the Vice-Chancellor. The Final Nail into his Coffin, will be his 1999 NYSC certificate, when he graduated in 2000. Maybe Dino is a TIME TRAVELER.

Which transcript was sent to UNIABUJA?do 3rd Class Graduates go for straight Post-Graduate Degree's now?i mean how did somebody with 3 "O" Level WAEC credits end up as a Senator in Nigeria?

So KOGI STATE wants to tell me that it is this "ACADEMIC FRAUD" the best they have to offer?

Abi no be them vote back Prince Abubakar Audu?even after looting the State to the ground? Same State that made somebody that was not even in the Country when an election was held, a Governor now? i started suspecting Dino was an illiterate when he openly boasted he will "FORCEFULLY" sleep with, and get REMI TINUBU Pregnant.

I am on all fours with your submission. The fraudulent Dino Melaye never graduated from ABU, Zaria. I also look forward to the court case. It will surely expose that VC and his partner in crime, Dino Melaye but do not be surprised if the case is abandoned eventually.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 28, 2017
kiyosaki1:
Maybe you've not seen the claim the claim by the HOD Geography on this issue.Does the VC Prepare result? pls look for the claims from sahara reporters.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by iKnowevents(m): 9:30am On Mar 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

Nice points, kudos. It makes me wonder the kind juju and insanity that made some Nigerians vote in Buhari. A man lacking in integrity and education. Using your parameters, Kogi state might represent what is happening in Nigeria, as per in political representation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Jones4190(m): 9:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Put our senators on minimum wage and watch how fast
things will move to in this country (Nigeria)
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by okayode1(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2017
DINO
MAY -
LIE
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by potent5(m): 9:57am On Mar 28, 2017
Funlordjnr:

ON YOUR POINT 1:

Ol boy, Dino melaye graduated from ABU Zaria! He was quite popular in the department of geography as well as within the "system" for his garrulous and wahala ways! I have friends who went to school with him and I also remember him from abu, in kaduna and from the era when he worked on marwas campaign for president since marwas son is my guy! This your abu porous and vc conspiracy theory makes no sense! Whether with 3rd, 4th of 5th class he attended ABU!

ON YOUR POINT 2:

Yes! 3rd class graduates can apply for masters degrees, enrol for pre masters or post graduate courses even to schools abroad! Sometimes all the school requires is a small display of your ability to comprehend and write materials related to the curriculum you are applying to study for! A degree is not a true determinant of an individuals brilliance and everyone knows our educational system is _fucked and the class of degree may not reflect an individuals true academic ability and unless you have been living under a rock somewhere on mars, in naija even with NO CLASS you can get a great job and also end up in influential positions with the right connects! This is not the USA!

ON YOUR POINT 3:

That one does not even make sense...so if I say "I need to slap you for posting such tripe this early morning" that would also make me an illiterate? Even though I don't give a _fuck about Dino there is no need to distort facts about his personal life in order to suit your disjointed narrative as you just did!

Just get well soon!
Don't mind these senseless speculation. They were asking ABU to make a statement on the issue. But now they don't want to accept the outcome of the statement. Na wah o.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by christiscomin: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2017
Next time when anyone says he finished from ABU just shake your head and pick race.....

Dear Jambite,
ABU now accept 3credits in WAEC. Yoruba, Civic and Agric are enough. Thanks

Next time, Interviewers see a CV from ABU...you just need to recheck the papers. #myopinion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by blackpanda: 10:01am On Mar 28, 2017
nku5:
One thing I now know about Nigerians is that they think they are so sharp but are some of the most stupid ppl on earth.

We are in recession because of a stupid govt, there is no light, buhari has no leadership capacity at all, we are almost in April but no 2017 budget, fulani hitmen are above the law and openly threatening to kill without consequence etc.....but Dino is trending.....

I am ashamed to say I am a Nigerian

You can always relocate to cameroun
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Bucacious: 10:03am On Mar 28, 2017
Joey82:
For clarity sake, Melaye only have a statement of result from ABU. u guys stop mentioning certificate already cos he does not have one.
What we should be asking ourselves is y he's still using a mere statement of result instead of a proper cert.

Madam which university u go abegi. For heaven's sake u ppl should stop saying what u don't know.I graduated 15yrs ago but I haven't even collected my cert. all I have worked with is my statement of result and NYSC cert and i have worked in a federal govt establisment. U don't even need ur certificate to do ur masters degree all u need is ur transcript that is usually sent to the sch u want to do the masters degree and not necessarily given to u. It's very possible he hasn't collected his certificate cos its not TOO compulsory!
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by zykson(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2017
with the way u talk about the Kogi people is either ure misinformed or not a nigerian..if not for sahara reporters did u yourself know about the scandal? hell no!.same with the Kogi people and now coming to Nigeria we ourselves voted a man we had doubts about his academic backgrounds,cos he didnt even have enough proof that he had the least required certificate to be fielded for an election but we went ahead and elect him our leader over a PHD Holder cos he was seen to be fit for the post to the other. so Dino might not be the best but was the most suitable for the post among the contestants. we had a former NUJ president there who represented the states western senetorial district for eight years but what was the reward? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.the other was a former house of rep member wit same story.while Dino is the famous thug who will put his people on the mad for any reason 'bad and good' he claims to fight corruption and also a vibrant person.hes is the most active senator.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by signeddocuments: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2017
This certificate scandal of Dino Melaye is a great shame for Nigeria and for some of us who are graduates of ABU .I graduated at the same time Dino graduated, I knew him quite well and even played football together with him, he was then a goal keeper.Yes, it is possible that there could be a manipulation of his result from the dept of geography, because as at that time lecturers were been paid peanuts as salaries.I do not blame them.If someone with 3 credits could secure admission when we had thousand of jambites with complete results being denied admission,then I blame the school system.How would such a person remedy the deficiencies(SSCE) and still pass the university courses at the same time.The system has no capacity to check whether a student with deficiencies remedy such deficiencies before graduating.
My worry about the whole scandal is-- what would be the aptitude of employers in the labour market towards graduates from ABU. I know it is not going to be easy henceforth for them except the prospective employers create time to verify their results.It is a pity that such a thing is happening to my beloved ABU.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Onyeoguego: 10:43am On Mar 28, 2017
HungerBAD:

lol......see ur name Hungerbad

I tink u typed this out frustration from hunger.

#ufit drink garri.

1 Like

Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Onyeoguego: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
signeddocuments:
This certificate scandal of Dino Melaye is a great shame for Nigeria and for some of us who are graduates of ABU .I graduated at the same time Dino graduated, I knew him quite well and even played football together with him, he was then a goal keeper.Yes, it is possible that there could be a manipulation of his result from the dept of geography, because as at that time lecturers were been paid peanuts as salaries.I do not blame them.If someone with 3 credits could secure admission when we had thousand of jambites with complete results being denied admission,then I blame the school system.How would such a person remedy the deficiencies(SSCE) and still pass the university courses at the same time.The system has no capacity to check whether a student with deficiencies remedy such deficiencies before graduating.
My worry about the whole scandal is-- what would be the aptitude of employers in the labour market towards graduates from ABU. I know it is not going to be easy henceforth for them except the prospective employers create time to verify their results.It is a pity that such a thing is happening to my beloved ABU.
channel ur anger to sahara not Dino.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by Acfrank(m): 10:53am On Mar 28, 2017
Felipe Nigerians, this matter tire me o
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by nku5: 10:56am On Mar 28, 2017
blackpanda:

You can always relocate to cameroun

Epp me with the cash to process Cameroun citizenship naw. Abi you never hear say recession dey town. Even Benin republic I can manage.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by OAUTemitayo: 11:03am On Mar 28, 2017
At least we have removed the Harvard and London school of Economics degrees. Oloriburuku senator
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by blackpanda: 11:33am On Mar 28, 2017
nku5:

Epp me with the cash to process Cameroun citizenship naw. Abi you never hear say recession dey town. Even Benin republic I can manage.

You dont need any cash or visa or even citizenship. its free
If u no like naija, vamooze!
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by numericalguy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2017
Professor Wole Soyinka had a 3rd class and he was able to progress academically to become a professor.
Re: Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal by numericalguy(m): 12:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
christiscomin:
Next time when anyone says he finished from ABU just shake your head and pick race.....

Dear Jambite,
ABU now accept 3credits in WAEC. Yoruba, Civic and Agric are enough. Thanks

Next time, Interviewers see a CV from ABU...you just need to recheck the papers. #myopinion

This goes to show that you are very stoopeed. Your hatred for Dino has made you blind. Dino went through a pre-degree programm and it is recognized by the NUC.

There are pre-degree programs in all the accredited universities in the country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Clears Ifeanyi Ubah For Anambra Governorship Election (Photos) / Alex Badeh's Death: Dogara, Shehu Sani, FFK React / 2023: Why Nigeria Needs Me - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.