Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,375 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria (18281 Views)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / How To Get A Good Job In Nigeria – Key Factors To Consider / 5 Funny Ways To Get A Job In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by joinnow: 10:22am On Mar 28, 2017
tosyne2much:
OP, you forgot to add that being pretty a lady with fresh laps and appealing boobs increases ladies' chances of getting job

The ugly ones go stay house tire cheesy

Naso
One bank dey interview during NYSC days if you bi man or Black lady they will ask you if you speak Hausa.

Also tell those fair girl to take a walk back and front
They are guaging their back side and how they cat walk cheesy

If you are a lady and you are either Manchester or Arsenal and can cat walk you are in their Top 10 employable list. I believe you all know the bank that use Dat criteria
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Caliph69: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2017
Lame.
It's funny how even the educated ones keep believing that you must know someone before you land that job.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 28, 2017
U can't lie
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by generalbush(m): 10:41am On Mar 28, 2017
Caliph69:
Lame.
It's funny how even the educated ones keep believing that you must know someone before you land that job.

bro this is Nigeria.. Deal with that fact!!
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 10:42am On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:
Laughable list. Isn't it time to shed the belief that connections give you a job in Nigeria?

In my street, there are some bros currently in their early to late thirties, about 12 of them. All are graduates.

Around five out of these folks are unemployed. two I would say are underemployed while the rest hold stellar jobs where they are compensated extremely well.

The unemployed and underemployed folks always bemoan the fact that they do not know anyone nor have connections every time we get together for Sunday morning football/jogging. They are always telling any available ear that the reason they do not have jobs commensurate with their level of education is because they do not have connections.

Having interacted with all of them, I think I know the reason why they are without good jobs: They are half-baked.

Having an intelligent conversation with the unemployed and underemployed folks is always tough and challenging.

Employers are not blind to this. They can tell and there is no way they will put portfolios worth hundreds of millions in the hands of people who can't be trusted to awaken their analytical sides in a jiffy.

If you are good, jobs will follow you around. If you are pro in whatever that you do, you will not go one day without a job -- yes, even here in Nigeria.

Excellence does not hide itself nor does it pound its chest.

Pursue excellence brothers and sisters and you will not regret it. Forget results, forget who you know, pursue excellence, the flow state with blind obsession.

Let it not amaze you that the people who bemoan their lack of connections are always the half-baked and lazy types. A wise woman will make her own connections in the world.
Woooooow

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by tosyne2much(m): 10:44am On Mar 28, 2017
joinnow:

Naso
One bank dey interview during NYSC days if you bi man or Black lady they will ask you if you speak Hausa.

Also tell those fair girl to take a walk back and front
They are guaging their back side and how they cat walk cheesy

If you are a lady and you are either Manchester or Arsenal and can cat walk you are in their Top 10 employable list. I believe you all know the bank that use Dat criteria
You're not wrong bro... GTB things cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by ICAMETOWIN(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:
Laughable list. Isn't it time to shed the belief that connections give you a job in Nigeria?

In my street, there are some bros currently in their early to late thirties, about 12 of them. All are graduates.

Around five out of these folks are unemployed. two I would say are underemployed while the rest hold stellar jobs where they are compensated extremely well.

The unemployed and underemployed folks always bemoan the fact that they do not know anyone nor have connections every time we get together for Sunday morning football/jogging. They are always telling any available ear that the reason they do not have jobs commensurate with their level of education is because they do not have connections.

Having interacted with all of them, I think I know the reason why they are without good jobs: They are half-baked.

Having an intelligent conversation with the unemployed and underemployed folks is always tough and challenging.

Employers are not blind to this. They can tell and there is no way they will put portfolios worth hundreds of millions in the hands of people who can't be trusted to awaken their analytical sides in a jiffy.

If you are good, jobs will follow you around. If you are pro in whatever that you do, you will not go one day without a job -- yes, even here in Nigeria.

Pursue excellence brothers and sisters and you will not regret it. Forget results, forget who you know, pursue excellence, the flow state with blind obsession.

Let it not amaze you that the people who bemoan their lack of connections are always the half-baked and lazy types. A wise woman will make her own connections in the world.
You took the words out of my mouth,so many lazy people wanting big things in life but not ready to sweat.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Caliph69: 10:51am On Mar 28, 2017
generalbush:

bro this is Nigeria.. Deal with that fact!!

What kind of fact do you want me to deal with? We shouldn't have the mindset that it is a common denominator.
I know many people who got their jobs without knowing anyone there. We should understand that we are not the
only one applying for that position...and no matter how smart we prove to be, to the employer, we may not be the
best or we lack something they are looking for.

Thanks.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by FavoredGuy: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2017
Epositive:
without number one, the remaining four are useless cool

NP >> phyno ~ connect
I agree with you. Na true you talk. Apart from the first one, IM, others na rubbish.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:46am On Mar 28, 2017
henrydadon:
connection

who you know

who you sabi

who you go bribe

And how much you go fit pay as bribe
grin grin grin
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:

Pursue excellence brothers and sisters and you will not regret it. Forget results, forget who you know, pursue excellence, seek the flow state with blind obsession.

That's not true at all. I have a lot of peeps who are good in what they do but nobody seems to see them in spite of their effort
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

That's not true at all. I have a lot of peeps who are good in what they do but nobody seems to see them in spite of their effort

Then they are not good enough. By "not good enough" I do not mean that they are not talented enough or haven't mastered their crafts well. What I mean is that they have not developed other components needed to make them an ideal package.

For some people, the only factor holding them back is their lack of dress sense -- you need to impress people.

For another set of people, it is their lack of communication skills -- you need to sell yourself at every opportunity you get.

For yet another set of talented people, it is their lack of persistence -- it's always a numbers game.

Excellence to me is not a one sided attribute. To be an excellent individual, a person must learn to be a master generalist. What that means is that they have to actively develop and build soft skills in addition to hard skills.

A brilliant chemist who does not know how to communicate his ideas will never max out his potentials for example.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:

Then they are not good enough. By "not good enough" I do not mean that they are not talented enough or haven't mastered their crafts well. What I mean is that they have not developed other components needed to make them an ideal package.

For some people, the only factor holding them back is their lack of dress sense -- you need to impress people.

For another set of people, it is their lack of communication skills -- you need to sell yourself at every opportunity you get.

For yet another set of talented people, it is their lack of persistence -- it's always a numbers game.

Excellence to me is not a one sided attribute. To be an excellent individual, a person must learn to be a master generalist. What that means is that they have to actively develop and build soft skills in addition to hard skills.

A brilliant chemist who does not know how to communicate his ideas will never max out his potentials for example.
All those highlighted are possessed by them yet they're turned down. So all these grammar didn't get them job that they resort to frying akara
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
asuustrike2009:

All those highlighted are possessed by them yet they're turned down. So all these grammar didn't get them job that they resort to frying akara

Bros,

Perhaps you are judging and assessing this individual by your own set of standards. I'll tell you what: There is no polished person who will go for ten interviews and not land one position.

I have been opportuned to sit on the panel of several interview sessions as an observer when I worked at a recruitment firm. Forget what most people who don't get jobs tell you. If they are persistently not landing work, it means there is something off about their presentation, carriage and poise.

Clearly, not everyone is meant to go down the corporate route but for those who decide to, they must absolutely be on point.
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by samx4real(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2017
WriteBoy:

Pursue excellence brothers and sisters and you will not regret it. Forget results, forget who you know, pursue excellence, seek the flow state with blind obsession.

Bros!!! Na only u don make sense since for here...

Even the OP self, no make sense reach u
Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 28, 2017
Tundellinium:
There is an element of truth in your write-up but sometimes it doesn't apply to all firms.
There was time SWIFT or SPECTRANET ( I can't recall) was recruiting graduates. After all the interview and test, only few were left. They still wanted to reduce those few. What they did next to reduce them shocked me. They told those few that if they're above 22 years they can't get the job. WTF!
For the this Naija! Wey some people don write JAMB for 10 years. At last, mostly those private uni students were left...
Very soon job vacancy adverts will begin to read 'graduating from a foreign or private university will be an added advantage' or 'preferably a degree obtained from a foreign or private university. It'll soon get to that!

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria by Tundellinium(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2017
queenjuli:
Very soon job vacancy adverts will begin to read 'graduating from a foreign or private university will be an added advantage' or 'preferably a degree obtained from a foreign or private university. It'll soon get to that!
Lol... The best thing na to be Entrepreneur.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Plea To President Buhari On The NNPC 2012 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / Why Are Some Bosses Heartless? / Sterlingbank Recruiting Social Media Interns, graduates and undergraduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.