Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 (42744 Views)

See Jamb 2020 Results! / Please My Niece Has Yet To See JAMB Result. / See JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools 2017/2018 | Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Eluwilussit(m): 12:56am On Apr 29, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
Did you go to school at all? After you people will call those of us from the North illiterate. When you fill any academic form in Nigeria : WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB; you are asked to indicate your state of origin.

I doubt if you have even written Jamb before.

I graduated from Uniben when u probably were a toddler. Besides, i left that zoo almost 2 decades ago. Please, bear with me, I don't know how these things work anymore. I had hoped things had changed over the years. Didnt know we are still doing quota. grin grin grin grin
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 5:57am On Apr 29, 2017
revolt:
interesting how you tried to evade my point . no w Catalonia was defeated and even persecuted culturally but yet if .. .
Sorry, didn't intentionally evade your point, lumped up my response in my reply to blue20.

I do not understand your raw material / electrical port analogy, pls try to be clearer in subsequent posts.
Now in response to your points, you seem NOT to understand the issue on ground here, lemme go over it... 50 years is more than enough for Any region/ country to recover after a war, but you give me 'reasons' why you lots think the recovery of the ibos is the 8th wonder of the world. Yes, i agree with you that EASTERN NIGERIA has been denied of a seaport and other infrastructures BUT IGBOS were not denied the right to use all of these infrastructures WHERE THEY ARE SITUATED. again, this goes to show that there is nothing special/ extra ordinary in your supposed RECOVERY. I hope you sincerely do see my point
You made reference to Germany, not being meted the same treatment as the Igbo, but I am sure you remember the conditions imposed on Germany after WWI and about 30 years later, this same Germany singlehandedly dragged the world into another war.My point again; 50 yrs is more than enough to recover from d disaster of war. Thank God you are a student of history, pls read up more on the punishment Germany got after WWI to better understand.

You also talked about being COMPELLED to transfer all generated electricity to the central , please, this applies to every region, how then does this validate your false claim that the Igbo recovery after the war is unprecedented? Think logically...
Now, I must commend you on the manner you tackled the Catalonia example, you are one of the very few intelligent ibos on nairaland, others almost always tend to insults and diversionary tactics while responding to facts staring them in the face, that is why I would rather go with the maxim; SILENCE IS......(I leave you to fill in the blank with either 'GOLDEN' or 'THE BEST ANSWER FOR A F**L')
But back to the point raised and your splendid response about Catalonia, can you say the same about the hutus and the tutsis in rwanda ? How about other countries that had also had their share of civil war all across Africa? They all have moved on bro, and when you get to most of those countries now, the gap between the victor and the defeated in the war is almost always NON-EXISTENT.
My point again, 50 years is more than enough for a war ravaged people to bounce back, your Igbo brothers need to stop making it look like 'landing a man on the moon" hope you get my drift?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Pharaoh9(m): 6:06am On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=OduduaDefender post=56004096][/quote]

No single Yoruba is in Edo or Delta
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 7:07am On Apr 29, 2017
Sammy07:

guy have been following your comments,, but I have an advice for you abeq Am pleading with you, please off your data

grin grin grin ;Dd guy has been posting very DUMB remarks since Ehn?? I ignore his kind lest they drive me crazy he he he he! You know the saying...silence is the best answer wink
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by revolt(m): 2:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kaysalas:

Sorry, didn't intentionally evade your point, lumped up my response in my reply to blue20.

I do not understand your raw material / electrical port analogy, pls try to be clearer in subsequent posts.
Now in response to your points, you seem NOT to understand the issue on ground here, lemme go over it... 50 years is more than enough for Any region/ country to recover after a war, but you give me 'reasons' why you lots think the recovery of the ibos is the 8th wonder of the world. Yes, i agree with you that EASTERN NIGERIA has been denied of a seaport and other infrastructures BUT IGBOS were not denied the right to use all of these infrastructures WHERE THEY ARE SITUATED. again, this goes to show that there is nothing special/ extra ordinary in your supposed RECOVERY. I hope you sincerely do see my point
You made reference to Germany, not being meted the same treatment as the Igbo, but I am sure you remember the conditions imposed on Germany after WWI and about 30 years later, this same Germany singlehandedly dragged the world into another war.My point again; 50 yrs is more than enough to recover from d disaster of war. Thank God you are a student of history, pls read up more on the punishment Germany got after WWI to better understand.

You also talked about being COMPELLED to transfer all generated electricity to the central , please, this applies to every region, how then does this validate your false claim that the Igbo recovery after the war is unprecedented? Think logically...
Now, I must commend you on the manner you tackled the Catalonia example, you are one of the very few intelligent ibos on nairaland, others almost always tend to insults and diversionary tactics while responding to facts staring them in the face, that is why I would rather go with the maxim; SILENCE IS......(I leave you to fill in the blank with either 'GOLDEN' or 'THE BEST ANSWER FOR A F**L')
But back to the point raised and your splendid response about Catalonia, can you say the same about the hutus and the tutsis in rwanda ? How about other countries that had also had their share of civil war all across Africa? They all have moved on bro, and when you get to most of those countries now, the gap between the victor and the defeated in the war is almost always NON-EXISTENT.
My point again, 50 years is more than enough for a war ravaged people to bounce back, your Igbo brothers need to stop making it look like 'landing a man on the moon" hope you get my drift?
Now clearly you dont understand the core igbo agitation. Igbos have fully moved on as a people and are very successful and have even surpassed their peers that were given a headstart.

The problem like you stated is THE REGION ie the lands and its resources are lying fallow and mismanaged by the fg. The land use act has denied us the ability to harnessing whatever resources we could put into use for the good of the region. Why are there regulations for what gets into ph port, considering the fact there's a need to decongest apapa.

That way we wouldn't need to emigrate to other places. I wonder why this is so difficult for you guys to understand. If the fg gives us resource control i personally will remain in that region. Germany under the treaty of versailles degenerated so badly that there had to be a rethink in the Lausanne Conference of 1932.

If the treasty of versailles wasnt renegotiated, the germany you know today would have been a third world country. The east isnt particular about secession perse....... all the region requires is autonomy. I wonder why folks in the west and north so much dread this autonomy. For the umpteenth time the igbo man has moved on and even surpassed a lot of ppl that benefited from the indigenisation policy, We're not asking for reparations, all we need is autonomy so we can handle our biz. 50 years is enough IF we had control of our resources. im sure the region would have surpassed its peers drastically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by njelrapheal: 6:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

lol... Competition is good bro.
But it seems the Yorubas will always be a tad bit ahead of the game.
u forget that the igbos also make up 50 per cent of the South South. Lol
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by YonkijiSappo: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
njelrapheal:
u forget that the igbos also make up 50 per cent of the South South. Lol

100% nko?

6 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by mikolo80: 2:30am On Apr 30, 2017
Jetleeee:
This space is reserved for defaulters wink

[img]http://crimethroughtimecollection.files./2011/09/jsn_8605.jpg?w=584&h=437[/img]
guy wetin be dat otumokpor for the far right. how dem de take am flog pesin. Chei, Oyinbo don take us crush mouth teytey
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by pazienza(m): 10:29am On Apr 30, 2017
Lol! Funny thread. Why start from 2010-2016? That's just 7 years!

Why not make the number a round figure? Why not something more encompassing and more reflecting of total picture? Something that is more long term.
Why not start from 2006-2016 Haha! grin

Isn't it obvious that this stat was limited to just 2010 to 2016, because any other thing that involves covering a longer period would place the Yorubas behind?

OP. This is the stat from 2006-2008, let's crunch the figures from 2006-2016 and the picture of who leads becomes clear.

https://www.nairaland.com/237534/look-going-school-nigeria-statistics

If the stat from the OP is to show that SW had edged albeit barely JAMB proceedings in the past 7 years, then he might be right.
But if the OP, intends to use JAMB stats to project the myth of Yoruba leadership in Nigerian education sector, then he must use the entire JAMB stat from inception till date, ie he would have to use stats from 2002-2016, and if he does that, the SE would emerge top, rendering the OP argument redundant.

OP can say that SW had barely edged the JAMB stats from 2010-16, and I would say that SE had dominantly lead the JAMB stats from 2006-2016!
I can even stretch it more and say that the SE had led the JAMB stats from 2001-2016, that is a whooping 15years! Haha! grin

I can as well as crunch the JAMB figure from 2010 - 2014, and arrive at a statistical analysis that SE led the entire country in Jamb stats between that 5 years period, but that will be cherry picking of facts and would only represent the figures for the years covered, which is exactly what the Op did, but can never be extrapolated to propagate that SE using Jamb figures, had led the education of sector of Nigeria. Such statement can only be made when the entire data had been.computed from Jamb stats from inception of the Jamb stats collection till date . And should be that be done, SE would likely emerge a distant top. cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 5:22pm On May 01, 2017
revolt:
Now clearly you dont understand the core igbo agitation. Igbos have fully moved on as a people and are very successful and have even surpassed their peers that were given a headstart.

The problem like you stated is THE REGION ie the lands and its resources are lying fallow and mismanaged by the fg. The land use act has denied us the ability to harnessing whatever resources we could put into use for the good of the region. Why are there regulations for what gets into ph port, considering the fact there's a need to decongest apapa.

That way we wouldn't need to emigrate to other places. I wonder why this is so difficult for you guys to understand. If the fg gives us resource control i personally will remain in that region. Germany under the treaty of versailles degenerated so badly that there had to be a rethink in the Lausanne Conference of 1932.

If the treasty of versailles wasnt renegotiated, the germany you know today would have been a third world country. The east isnt particular about secession perse....... all the region requires is autonomy. I wonder why folks in the west and north so much dread this autonomy. For the umpteenth time the igbo man has moved on and even surpassed a lot of ppl that benefited from the indigenisation policy, We're not asking for reparations, all we need is autonomy so we can handle our biz. 50 years is enough IF we had control of our resources. im sure the region would have surpassed its peers drastically.
Hey bro, i see your points but again, i do not like mincing words or jumping from one argument to another. All i am saying is 50 years is more than enough to bounce back after a war. please, i am not here to argue resource control or fallow lying resources with you(as if other regions dont have same issues)
one minute, one of your own is saying:"despite the war, see how we have bounced back", i take him up on that, and you are telling me; resource control. you know what, maybe we should just let this matter rest. cheers
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by revolt(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2017
Kaysalas:

Hey bro, i see your points but again, i do not like mincing words or jumping from one argument to another. All i am saying is 50 years is more than enough to bounce back after a war. please, i am not here to argue resource control or fallow lying resources with you(as if other regions dont have same issues)
one minute, one of your own is saying:"despite the war, see how we have bounced back", i take him up on that, and you are telling me; resource control. you know what, maybe we should just let this matter rest. cheers
the Igbo individual is successful the region is still struggling against fg retrogression . can't u get it. In less than 10 years after the war igbo s had overcome 20 pounds policy, but the region needs it's autonomy .

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by phantom(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2017
Kaysalas:

You sound like one of the very few intelligent yorubas so I'll just chip in.
What revolt is simply saying,is that even in 500 years, the South East will not recover because of the way the country is structured TODAY.
Let's face facts. The south East has experienced and is still experiencing gross marginalisation.
It has over the years,been starved of very important BASIC infrastructure that is vital for its survival and prosperity. Don't overlook these issues.
Revolt mentioned the clear difference in regulations affecting the lagos and portharcourt ports.Until recently, the south East was denied an international airport.why?
It's like starving a child and still expecting that child to grow up.
Nigeria,as constituted TODAY,does not allow for regional development WITHOUT recourse to the center.
You are yoruba. As regards regionalism, your zone is the most progressive but you will agree with me that Nigeria is indeed HOLDING BACK the south West and grossly slowing down its progress.
You talk of moving on as if we are referring to a simple broken relationship between a boy and a girl.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Justiceleague1: 1:29pm On May 06, 2017
cone:
Yonkijisappo Peace be unto you.

COne heads always cry embarassed
mental,looks like u've been ported to beans forum...aahaaahahahahahahaha.....u can mess and run ua mouth about Igbos for as long as u like..haaaahahahahahahaha.. grin grin grin

op,oh,na him self...buhahahahahaha... grin grin
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by mandarin: 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
There are quite alot of conclusions that can be drawn from the available data.

Average in this case cannot be absolutely useful because that will draw down groups with more states since you take the number of states as your denominator!

The reality is that you can only compare enrollment with the total population from each region or people who claim to originate from such region if we hold variance at nil meaning that all who registered to be from any particular state is actually from there.
If you do this and we accept there are more Yoruba than Igbo in Nigeria, then the number of igbo enrollment is higher per 1000.

Expectedly Yoruba enrollee are more because of population advantage especially when you add about 80% of kwara, 5% of Edo and about 30% of Kogi for the Yoruba and, about 30% of Delta and 10% of Rivers to Igbo.

However, there are even more important data like annual pool of convocated graduates per state and region and, a much more is the quality of institutions from which they graduated.

Moving forward, you may wish to look at the number of professionals produced by each state and regions which represents the fibre of the corporate and entrepreneurial expertise.

Let me state that even if a 50years data is to be used, the Yoruba will still have more people and dominate in the areas of those who ended up as professionals and total number of graduates but you must recognize that relative to population on regional basis , the igbo may have a better rate of applicants per population but fall short on total number of applicants in the population.

The number of states is not significant in analyzing the available data since you are comparing regions or ethnic groups.
Of greater importance to me are those who can make significant progress in adding value to the economy. Also significant is the population of each state plus figures of enrollee to eligible or age distribution of the population.
I hope this clears all confusion.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Ovamboland(m): 1:21am On Feb 19, 2018
zuchyblink:
What are Yorubas celebrating?have you added Igbos in Rivers and Delta states?

And if we add the huge number of Yoruba in Kwara, Kogi with the ones in Edo and Delta, what will the stats look like?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by tinubuUGLYwella: 1:10am On Aug 08, 2018
Ovamboland:

And if we add the huge number of Yoruba in Kwara, Kogi with the ones in Edo and Delta, what will the stats look like?
And we add Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Delta, Rivers nko.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by tinubuUGLYwella: 1:12am On Aug 08, 2018
mandarin:
There are quite alot of conclusions that can be drawn from the available data.

Average in this case cannot be absolutely useful because that will draw down groups with more states since you take the number of states as your denominator!

The reality is that you can only compare enrollment with the total population from each region or people who claim to originate from such region if we hold variance at nil meaning that all who registered to be from any particular state is actually from there.
If you do this and we accept there are more Yoruba than Igbo in Nigeria, then the number of igbo enrollment is higher per 1000.

Expectedly Yoruba enrollee are more because of population advantage especially when you add about 80% of kwara, 5% of Edo and about 30% of Kogi for the Yoruba and, about 30% of Delta and 10% of Rivers to Igbo.

More than 30% Rivers Igbo
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by tinubuUGLYwella: 1:14am On Aug 08, 2018
Truth be told no SW state can beat IMO state in Education forever. That remains a mountain for Afonjas to climb. Truth!!

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by ariesbull: 4:04am On Aug 08, 2018
Nowenuse:

SE would definitely have a higher average because it has fewer states, hence a higher chance of having more populated states considering that Yoruba and Igbo populations are almost equal.
I think the argument here is not based on states but on Yoruba and Igbo populations. So, the only way out is to add the Southwest plus parts of Kogi and Kwara against the South-east plus parts of Rivers and Delta.

Have you thought of Igbo indigenous to Delta, Rivers, Edo, Cross River , Benue and Akwa Ibom....mind you these Igbo were captured under the south South....if they were captured under East. Trust me , Yoruba no give see them back

Another thing is that we would want NYSC to give us their own because buying JAMB isn't a sure banker of gaining admission
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by LegendHero(m): 11:38pm On Aug 31, 2020
tinubuUGLYwella:
Truth be told no SW state can beat IMO state in Education forever. That remains a mountain for Afonjas to climb. Truth!!

Ogade whatsaup ?

First Image: 2019 Jamb application by State of Origin
https://o3schools.com/utme-application-statistics-by-state-of-origin/

Second Image: 2020 Jamb application by State of Origin
https://www.lasu-info.com/2020/06/jamb-application-statistics-by-state-of-origin.html

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by LegendHero(m): 11:45pm On Aug 31, 2020
adimsmt:

If I may ask you this question was the illustration of the chat above, is it by tribe or just the number of the applications in each region until that is verified, that it is by tribe then I'll agree with you because the number of Igbos who sat for JAMB in other regions is higher than that of other regions who sat for the exam in Southeast.

They do it by State of Origin. When you register for UTME, they ask you to signify your state of origin and that is how JAMB was able to collate the data.

Whether you are an Igbo from Imo that live in Maiduguri or Lagos, your state of origin will remain thesame as Imo and you will be counted among Imo applicants.

We have that much population of Yorubas in Kwara and yet the OP do not add those as part of Yorubas because hw is just doing it based on Geopolitical zone.

For example, in the 2020 Jamb statisics for state of Origin, Kwara lead Anambra, Enugu, Abia, and Ebonyi but yet we don't always count that as Yorubas because of the Geoploitical zone.

You would argue there are Indigenous Igbos in Delta too, but compared to Kwara that is majorly Yorubas, you will see the population of Yoruba in Kwara clearly trump the population of indigenous Igbos in Delta.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Nobody: 12:50am On Sep 01, 2020
tinubuUGLYwella:
And we add Igbos in Benue, Kogi, Delta, Rivers nko.
If we add yorubas from Benin republic, Togo, Brazil and Ghana nko gringringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Kogi State University 2016/2017 Admission Thread / Father Christmas In A Primary School In Ogun State (pix) / Mba Daniel, UNN Student Commits Suicide After His Phone Was Seized In Exam Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.