Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 (42783 Views)

See Jamb 2020 Results! / Please My Niece Has Yet To See JAMB Result. / See JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools 2017/2018 | Universities And Polytechnics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by DONGOYARO1: 7:41am On Apr 28, 2017
Eluwilussit:

Did they use the state/region of origin or the state/region of residence? That is very important. grin
Did you go to school at all? After you people will call those of us from the North illiterate. When you fill any academic form in Nigeria : WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB; you are asked to indicate your state of origin.

I doubt if you have even written Jamb before.

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by revolt(m): 7:54am On Apr 28, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
I am sort of neutral here but it seems you ibos are missing and mixing things up. The registration figure is based on regions of origin. If an ibo student from abia state who resides in abuja fills his jamb form, will he indicate abuja as his state of origin or abia?
if truly that's what the statistics is about then rest my case but going by election statistics, census and other important exercises our federal govt is too lazy to compute data in such prestine manner. Theyd rather lump everything on regional basis
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Yyeske(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2017
So an Igbo chap in Lagos or Kano will be counted as being from that region. Give us state of origin stats so we can compare
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by dukecharles(m): 8:07am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?

Not state in SW near IMO state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Mentcee(m): 8:15am On Apr 28, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
If you want to add the Igbos in Rivers and Delta, then you will also permit the Yoruba's to add the Yoruba in Kogi and Kwara.
This report is not even debatable. The Yoruba's are far ahead of we Igbos - FACT

You an idiotic dullard
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Chuksgeo: 8:16am On Apr 28, 2017
Individually, "Imo state" have continued to lead the pack "unwearingly"
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by MENELIK1: 8:17am On Apr 28, 2017
neoOduduwa:
Your grammar is on flight mode o. grin

That comment is from a "gala" hawker

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by hucienda: 8:19am On Apr 28, 2017
Ten pages and counting of battle of supremacy - state of origin based - between 6 states of the South-West and 5 fives of the South-East.

Analysing the data put forth,

In terms of quantity, the former edges the latter - by 53,466.
In terms of quality, the latter edges the former - by 77,531.

We should be concerned with improving the admission ratios languishing in the early 20%s rather than these e-contests here in the south.

However, the real eye-opener are the stats from the North-Central. It shows their hunger and appetite in the pursuit of western education - and they can hold their own with their fellow nationals in the south. Kudos to the them. Really, really impressed. They should keep it up.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by DONGOYARO1: 8:24am On Apr 28, 2017
Yyeske:
So an Igbo chap in Lagos or Kano will be counted as being from that region.
Give us state of origin stats so we can compare
but when an ibo chap from kano fills his jamb form will he indicate kano as his state of origin or the state he actually comes from in the east?
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by willibounce1(m): 8:27am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

I told those mumus that more Yoruba youth were entering universities than Igbos, they were yarning okpata to me.
Even the SW states have a higher admission rate than any zone in the South. The only states that have a higher admission rate are those designated as educationally disadvantaged states, that have reserved spots, for the sake of equity.

If Kwara state was in the South East, it would rank ahead of Abia, a state with more people.... now isn't that a shocker?

The difference is not much between igbos and yorubas. The problem is our abo.ki brothers. They steal all the money but have nothing to show for it. Always dragging the country back. No wonder they always want to retain power.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by morscino: 8:43am On Apr 28, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
The Yoruba's owe the memory of Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Tai Solarin a whole load of gratitude for making them head starters educationally. We Igbos are also trying but we can never catch up with the great Yoruba race because the Yoruba'as are a thousand years civilisation ahead of we Igbos
Not just d yorubas,but d whole of Nigeria as d free education in d SW is available for all Nigerians,so far u are resident in d SW.
Thats d reason why I laugh when ppl shout Afonja dis Afonja dat online...Imagine what will happen If d SW decided to make free/affordable education available for only her indigenes.

Yorubas are Silent achievers...

2 Likes

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kehinderichard(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2017
In maps

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Abagworo(m): 9:10am On Apr 28, 2017
It's Imo State vs others. Nothing to argue as Imo State has led for more than 26 years.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Odingo1: 9:12am On Apr 28, 2017
ChetaNwaeze:
na true. As an Igbo man i fit confirm say na imo girls toto sweet pass, but generally, our Igbo girls toto been dey always smell like fufu wen don spoil
And mods are allowing this yoruba boys to derail every thread with fowl messages because they are insulting the Igbos. smh
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by leofab(f): 9:13am On Apr 28, 2017
gberra:
Remove yourself first

Igbos are Mad cry
(A)Gb(o)era(o) will you leave me alone..
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by leofab(f): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2017
Nairaland Prince grin
Shegzy8:
EWU! thats a proof of low self-esteem...lagos belongs to the yorubas..i originate from epe and i am a prince there...its just like saying "remove messi from barca and barca would be no where" when your biafra is achieved then you take lagos along..EKO O NI BAJE
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Ralphdan(m): 9:16am On Apr 28, 2017
BABANGBALI:
while the Igbos no dey joke with crime and rituals

Imagine the percentage of faltinos who live in the west and westerner who live in the east. undecided
I believe the Igbosgrin
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Shegzy8(m): 9:21am On Apr 28, 2017
leofab:
Nairaland Prince grin
Lol...yeah..i just hate hearing the no man's land shit...just cause the medium and means to have a glittering career in in lag and they have got a meaningful population doesnt make it a no mans land...when the oba threatened to throw them into the lagoon they didnt say no mans land o,when fashola deported some destitutes they didnt say no mans land but were only shouting marginalization and we are one nigeria
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Eastwest: 9:24am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:
Let this thread serve the purpose of posterity, verification, and referral, that every Man, woman, and child citizen of Nairaland would refer their friends, business and leisure partners, as well as acquaintances for the proper verification of data before unverified myths, start flying around about National Education statistics.

Shalom. cheesy

god bless you man. tomorrow some buffon will claim that Kano and Lagos is more populated that entire SE.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by gberra: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2017
leofab:
(A)Gb(o)era(o) will you leave me alone..
liefab, are you outta yo mind?.. who u epp??

Igbos are stupid.

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by markchidex: 9:32am On Apr 28, 2017
Imo state remain de most educated people in Nigeria, still leading.........
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by leofab(f): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2017
Shegzy8:
Lol...yeah..i just hate hearing the no man's land shit...just cause the medium and means to have a glittering career in in lag and they have got a meaningful population doesnt make it a no mans land...when the oba threatened to throw them into the lagoon they didnt say no mans land o,when fashola deported some destitutes they didnt say no mans land but were only shouting marginalization and we are one nigeria
lagos is a colony right from time, the capital of south west Nigeria is Ibadan.. please take note.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by leofab(f): 9:43am On Apr 28, 2017
gberra:
liefab, are you outta yo mind?.. who u epp??

Igbos are stupid.
Agboro leave me alone
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by KOBOJO: 9:44am On Apr 28, 2017
IMO states lead has been consistent in all the years.....

..thats a feat no other state has achieved.

I give it to them! !
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:46am On Apr 28, 2017
Why do some people don't read well before they comment, it is state of Origin not the people residing the state. Students from Osun states are ahead of other state in southwest when it comes to admission. I once told a friend of mine that People from Osun state are leading in education now, the stats just proved it. What is happening to Ogun and Lagos in terms of education in southwest? They were once at the forefront some years back.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Shegzy8(m): 9:48am On Apr 28, 2017
leofab:
lagos is a colony right from time, the capital of south west Nigeria is Ibadan.. please take note.
i agree but the yorubas inhabitated there before the colonial masters arrive...lagos was easily accessible to them because of the sea...lagos has their ruling house(kingship)
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by gberra: 10:03am On Apr 28, 2017
leofab:
Agboro leave me alone
Igbos are shawo

1 Like

Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 10:03am On Apr 28, 2017
revolt:
Germany was independent . and ermmm do u know why east Germany still remained a ghetto as compared to west Germany ? It wasn't independent ie same ppl on the same soil.

so you may never understand why we believe Nigeria's holding us back.
Why do u love to change topic at random? I am talking about Germany being destroyed after the war and you are telling me about east Germany. Don't you know that 'east Germany' is a post WWII creation?
And what exactly do you mean by 'wasn't independent, same people on same soil?"
Did east Germans loose their German origin? Please, let us learn to make healthy comparison that tally with the issue being discussed.

You also talked about Germany being an independent nation, therefore shouldn't be compared to you lots, I knew you were gonna play that card, guess what I have a joker for you already. I am sure you have heard of Catalonia region in Spain. Similar to you guys, they fought and lost the Spanish civil war and AGain, they have bounced back to become one of the most prosperous regions in Spain.
Go figure my friend
My point again: Germany(east PLUS west) have long moved on, well past their WWII defeat, so has Catalonia and other 'regions' defeated in civil wars. 50 years is more than enough for any nation defeated in war to bounce back.
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by sshalom(m): 10:11am On Apr 28, 2017
Jetleeee:

Meaning education and poverty go hand in hand yeah?

Absolutely!
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by comrChris(m): 10:11am On Apr 28, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

This is about Ethnic populations, NOT Number of states.
If for Example there was an additional Igbo state, then, there would also be an additional Yoruba state from a state like Kwara or Kogi or even Akoko-Edo.
I have done all the possible permutations trust me, but the Yoruba ethnic population just seem to always put them ahead. Yes it is close, but not equal.
lf l got you correctly, you mean SE with 5 states is more populous than SW with 6 States, hope you won't deny this when issue of population comes up
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 10:12am On Apr 28, 2017
Lexo22:

Stop it, it's according to state of origin, if not Lagos would've topped the list.

I quite agree that South East (5 states ) is doing fine and now Imo state is first while the remaining states apart from Ebonyi made it to top 15 . It's welcome development.
God bless you bro!
At least you can see why , sorry to say, most Igbos on nairaland are not educated or half enlighted.(b4 una go quote me 1000 times, I said MOST not ALL)
the guy clearly stated that this rating is based on state of origin/ region yet you see some dumb Nwa AFO saying IBO people make up the numbers in other regions, do they not know the difference between state of origin and state of residence?? I taya Ooo!
Re: See JAMB Applications By geopolitical regions of origin From 2010-2016 by Kaysalas(m): 10:17am On Apr 28, 2017
Lexo22:

It's very unfortunate that most of us at times read without understanding, it's written there that it's according to state of origin. When you filled the JAMB form, you were asked to fill your state of origin right?
yes it's for the purpose of this records.
Thank you.
God bless you bro! You are one of the few enlightened, educated and 'thinking' nwa AFO on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Picture Compilation Of Facts / Teacher Recounts His Seduction Experience In Female Secondary School / How To Identify First Year Students (Hilarious Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.