Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,216 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:56 AM

Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York (83380 Views)

Hotel Demolition: Sowore Reacts "Wike Is Mad, He’ll Pay For His Sins One Day!" / Omoyele Sowore Reacts After Being Accused Of Having Over $1 Million. PICS / Omoyele Sowore Reacts To N4Billion Slammed Against Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by YorubaNigga(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
ayenitre:
A friend of mine scored 720 in GMAT, graduated top 5% in his class (CGPA 4.8/5.0), had 7 years international work experience and didn't get into Harvard.

For real? Not really surprised though because Havard is American number one university. But how come Dino got admitted? (According to his video) grin

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by YorubaNigga(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2017
guest12345:
Senator Dino Melaye uploads his NYSC discharge certificate showing that he served from 9th July, 2000 to 8 July, 2001.
9th July, 2000 was a Sunday
8th July, 2001 was also a Sunday.
NYSC have no respect for the Sabbath Day. They don't keep it HOLY?

That's to show that everything is cooked grin
Do you know that in Nigeria, if you're rich enough, you can earn university degrees without attending the school

2 Likes

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
fallout87:

That post is rubbish.

For one Dino being a woman beater or not isn't admissible in civil court regarding a case about whether he graduated from ABU or not.

I'm wasting my time.

You people don't even know the difference between civil and criminal court. They don't even need the VC to come they can take a video or even a sworn affidavit that Dino Melaye attended.

You guys don't even understand the US judicial system. You need far less to win a civil case then a criminal one.

Don't mind them, they're clueless with how the American legal system works. Or even basic concepts such as the rule of law, burden of proof, what is admissible in court, etc.

I think that's why this country is in such a mess. Possibly why our govt finds it difficult to win actual convictions in our courts. So instead they just lock up who they want indefinitely, flaunt court orders, etc. When it gets too much they splash the newspapers with juicy gossip. smh sad

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by hotspec(m): 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:

Sorry to burst ur bubble I didn't vote

Let's compare buhari and Dino
Buhari lost his waec cert, his secondary school confirmed he his class mates did as well, Cambridge did as well bear in mind waec was under Cambridge exams then,

Mons officer Kaden school in UK verified him as past student, us army war college verified him as well

Dino claimed abu, Harvard, lbs, Harvard and lbs denied him real quick abu vc verified but no records to support that name missing from grad brochure, was posted for nysc a year before, he was the only one in a group pix with different outfit, his nysc certificate was issued on a sunday, exams and record in Abu claims he didn't fulfill all courses required to graduate
Better u face ur own problem, see as u analysed other people's problems.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
seunmsg:
So some people truly believed that Dino will go as far as suing saharareporters in US?

Dino is not that silly. [b] His stupidity is limited to Nigeria.[ /b] He won't pursue any legal case in the US.
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Pebcak: 9:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

You cant be sued for making grandiose claims about the schools you graduate from. He holds no fake certificates from the foreign schools, he only made claims. Telling lies doesn't automatically equate to fraud.

Yon CAN get sued for invasion of privacy (splashing personal results online, as SH did), possible defamation of character, making erroneous claims (saying a person didn't graduate, whereas he actually did, etc). I'm sure the Senators lawyer can creatively think up even more than that. SH should probably not play around. They need good lawyers for this. Because I don't think any foreign media outlets infringe on personal rights the way SH just did. Maybe I'm wrong

Sorry to burst your bubble you are wrong trump is constantly fighting the media for this reason, we all saw how hillary trump campaign was a lot of things were exposed

As far as perjury when you lie under oath that's criminal if sh says he didn't graduate from Harvard like he claim that's true, if sh present their reasons for their Abu claim I believe that ll fly honestly I see the judge throwing this case out
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by dakuizi(m): 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
abeg they chop your bread and beans jeje for 9ja no go dey embarass yourself abroad
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Pebcak: 9:24pm On Mar 28, 2017
hotspec:
Better u face ur own problem, see as u analysed other people's problems.

Thanks for the advise I ll
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by joinnow: 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
Yeah Dino can do dat cos i don't think we have any law that can handle this. In Nigeria law
You cannot jail someone for libel or defamations if found guilty.u can only press charges for damage claim in monetary value.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:26pm On Mar 28, 2017
oyienootieno:
The appropriate institutions should please handle this, what a national embarrassment. Is it that we don't have competent judiciary system in Nigeria? Or worst still in west Africa? This slave mentality has got to stop..

He's pursuing the case in the US as well, because that's where SH the company itself, is located. I'm sure he plans on filing a civil case against them
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by fallout87: 9:27pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:

Pay attention when you read that why I said digress that's the difference when you have a brilliant lawyer and a charge and bail lawyer you can digress to make a point even if it's not related but your message ll be pushed out.

He claims he graduated from ABU, Harvard, London business school I guess 2 out of 3 claimed he's fraud. Abu vc claims he graduated but exams and record says otherwise, his name is not listed on grad brochure, he did his nysc before graduation.... even a toddler won't doubt all this.

What is there for me to pay attention to?

The fact you claim they should bring up his domestic disputes from a foreign country, in a CIVIL lawsuit about character defamation pertaining to university graduation?

Nonsense.

You people are so ignorant it is amusing. I can tell you all live in the bush and have never stepped foot in America or anywhere else civilized. Lol, you don't even know the difference between a civil suit and a criminal one. What you're describing would be a criminal suit where you attack the prosecution or defedants character using previous incidents. That is not the case in this suit, because it is a civil suit that asks a simple question.

Did Melaye graduate from ABU? Yes or No

Let me explain yet again.

Dino is the one filing a civil suit. He is suing not about Harvard or about London. He is suing SR in America over the claim they made he didn't graduate from ABU. It doesn't matter if he led or exaggerated with the others. The point is that he didn't lie about ABU. SR defamed him, never issued apology and have been malicious in their attacks.

It is an open and shut case here.

This is why civil suits are easier to win. It is why people lose criminal cases and are set free, but end up paying the family of the victim because they lose the civil case.

OJ Simpson is a prime example.

This isn't Nigeria or the bush. Things here are done with a code of law not around it.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by fallout87: 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

Don't mind them, they're clueless with how the American legal system works. Or even basic concepts such as the rule of law, burden of proof, what is admissible in court, etc.

I think that's why this country is in such a mess. Possibly why our govt finds it difficult to win actual convictions in our courts. So instead they just lock up who they want indefinitely, flaunt court orders, etc. When it gets too much they splash the newspapers with juicy gossip. smh sad

Seriosuly man.

If I showed my friends this thread they would think most Nigerians are morons and uneducated. These people don't even understand basic judicial differences.

I blame the leaders of yesterday who won't allow growth and continue to lead by force today.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by mickeymimi: 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2017
We hail and praise our corrupt law makers, politicians... when they dont even care about us,,,,,, We fight ourselves because of them .... while they are busy enjoying our stolen money and planing their next loot.

So sad a lot of brilliant graduates that worked so HARD for their qualifications are frustrated roaming the street everyday with no job , no food ,no money.....some ...their parents exhausted their hard earned money on them ,,just to have an education with the hope of becoming better than them and making it in life.....

while our politicians are busy stealing our future ..... buying degrees , buying posts and sending their kids to the best schools in the world and getting them into the top posts in jobs...then bragging about it.

It is a society where money speaks and can buy anything..

1 Like

Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by oyienootieno: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

He's pursuing the case in the US as well, because that's where SH the company itself, is located. I'm sure he plans on filing a civil case against them

I know, but he should file the case here (His father land) first...
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by TheBraggg(m): 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
ayenitre:
A friend of mine scored 720 in GMAT, graduated top 5% in his class (CGPA 4.8/5.0), had 7 years international work experience and didn't get into Harvard.

Exactly, Harvard is super competitive..
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:

Sorry to burst your bubble you are wrong trump is constantly fighting the media for this reason, we all saw how hillary trump campaign was a lot of things were exposed

As far as perjury when you lie under oath that's criminal if sh says he didn't graduate from Harvard like he claim that's true, if sh present their reasons for their Abu claim I believe that ll fly honestly I see the judge throwing this case out

What does Trump/Hillary have to do with clear abuse of personal rights?

Has Dino perjured himself? Has he lied that he went to Harvard in court under oath?

So basically the judge will throw out the case because of 'good intentions'.

Nah
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:33pm On Mar 28, 2017
oyienootieno:

Ummm... yeah he did. The 5bn naira lawsuit ring a bell? I think he did that a few days ago if not mistaken. There's a thread about that here
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by breadtom: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
Somto4u..com.ng
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
what makes sowore think that the president of havard will leave the vital things he's doing in havard and attend to the grieviances of some petty Nigerians. he's delusional
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by fallout87: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2017
oyienootieno:

SR is an American firm. He should file with the country that firm is represented in.

Dino is doing the right thing.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 28, 2017
obviously dino is going to the usa to sue sowore for defamation of character. we'll see how this will play out.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by oyienootieno: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

Ummm... yeah he did. The 5bn naira lawsuit ring a bell? I think he did that a few days ago if not mistaken. There's a thread about that here

Ok i did not see the thread. I will check and read about it. Thanks
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by fallout87: 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

What does Trump/Hillary have to do with clear abuse of personal rights?

Has Dino perjured himself? Has he lied that he went to Harvard in court under oath?

So basically the judge will throw out the case because of 'good intentions'.

Nah

Bros these guys don't know what "perjured himself" means lol. They don't even understand you only get punished for lying under oath. However defamation needs no oath if it can be proven the lie caused the victim damages.

They dont understand any of these things.

You want to kill them with your intelligence? grin
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:40pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:

By the way, Trump isn't 'fighting the media'. He's only sniping at them, and they snipe back.

Its not as if he's trying to silence the media or use executive orders to shut them up.

No foreign media outlet would expose a private individuals' school results to the public without the person's consent or go-ahead from a court. They're quite frankly, not that dumb. SH need to lawyer up, sigh undecided
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Pebcak: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
fallout87:

What is there for me to pay attention to?

The fact you claim they should bring up his domestic disputes from a foreign country, in a CIVIL lawsuit about character defamation pertaining to university graduation?

Nonsense.

You people are so ignorant it is amusing. I can tell you all live in the bush and have never stepped foot in America or anywhere else civilized. Lol, you don't even know the difference between a civil suit and a criminal one. What you're describing would be a criminal suit where you attack the prosecution or defedants character using previous incidents. That is not the case in this suit, because it is a civil suit that asks a simple question.

Did Melaye graduate from ABU? Yes or No

Let me explain yet again.

Dino is the one filing a civil suit. He is suing not about Harvard or about London. He is suing SR in America over the claim they made he didn't graduate from ABU. It doesn't matter if he led or exaggerated with the others. The point is that he didn't lie about ABU. SR defamed him, never issued apology and have been malicious in their attacks.

It is an open and shut case here.

This is why civil suits are easier to win. It is why people lose criminal cases and are set free, but end up paying the family of the victim because they lose the civil case.

OJ Simpson is a prime example.

This isn't Nigeria or the bush. Things here are done with a code of law not around it.

Ema pele o Mr Americana FYI cyberstalking is a second degree misdemeanor which is a criminal offense that's less than felony but more than infraction.

I was only making reference to how far the media can go when I made reference to hillary/trump.
Just like
When tmobile advertise and shades Verizon or
When at&t cable shades time Warner.

Well SH will not only argue ABU FYI, plus ABU is still shaddy
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2017
He would get a better trial in the U.S than in Nigeria.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by akigbemaru: 9:45pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:
grin
Dino need to thread softly the moment they ask him if he graduated from Harvard and he says yes then that ll be a lie and he will be under oath, if he says no there is a public video of him saying otherwise so he's not credible.

He might end up going to jail if he's not careful, when US public official run into scandal like this they quietly resign. I bet Sowore is happy to drag him out of 9ja to a corrupt free court. Also there is a possibility the case might be thrown out since US court wont bring the VC or head of exam and records to testify in New york. The VC claimed "according to information he got Dino graduated" but exams and records said he didn't fulfill all course requirement for him to be awarded the degree.

If it's a female Judge and i am sowore's lawyer i will digress to him also being a woman beater. He should thread softly.

For all educated people in Nigeria if you go thru the stress of writing WAEC, almighty JAMB, go thru the stress of graduating from a Naija Uni, you will truly understand why all these fake graduate and degrees should be condemned.
I went to OAU and I bet other uni grad can say the same, the great IFE struggle is a waste if some one can present certificate that does not even weigh up to the trade center certificate.

Its a big shame when i see people shouting Dino is hero, if its not clear at this point you ll never get it Harvard denied him, that London school did the same, I have no issue with 3rd class but he didn't even earn that 3rd class thats the point and he's parading himself with 8 degrees how now.

You can't go for 2 weeks seminar and claim that school
Just like the other senator I read about earlier here getting a mail order certificate Ph D kilode, it's a shame to all form of degree holders in 9ja from BSc, BA, BEd.... all the way to PhD

Many people see it as Sowore vs Dino fight but i see it as Nigerian graduates VS Fraud (we need to bury this attitude its a virus). Soon enough the value of getting educated which is very low will become worse. I can lie if I have money and power and claim I have a degree, or get a mushroom college in UK to award me a PhD certificate this is all like a dream to me.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by AceSkillz01: 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
fallout87:

Bros these guys don't know what "perjured himself" means lol. They don't even understand you only get punished for lying under oath. However defamation needs no oath if it can be proven the lie caused the victim damages.

They dont understand any of these things.

You want to kill them with your intelligence? grin

Seriously, it's incredible the things I'm seeing here. Before you know, I'll be accused of defending corruption undecided

And its crazy, because my knowledge of law is quite basic.

Do we need more education or more exposure or what exactly? Even Sowore's talk about Harvard blah blah is a bit embarrassing
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by Pebcak: 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
AceSkillz01:

By the way, Trump isn't 'fighting the media'. He's only sniping at them, and they snipe back.

Its not as if he's trying to silence the media or use executive orders to shut them up.

No foreign media outlet would expose a private individuals' school results to the public without the person's consent or go-ahead from a court. They're quite frankly, not that dumb. SH need to lawyer up, sigh undecided

No you are wrong bro school record is not private do you know how people are so proud of their school.
For someone to come out to claim something he's not worthy of claiming all hell ll be let loose.

If it were a us senator I bet CNN, FOX ll be interviewing people on that grad list brochure I saw on NL earlier.

If media can leak emails in us public school record is the least
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by fallout87: 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2017
Pebcak:

Ema pele o Mr Americana FYI cyberstalking is a second degree misdemeanor which is a criminal offense that's less than felony but more than infraction.

I was only making reference to how far the media can go when I made reference to hillary/trump.
Just like
When tmobile advertise and shades Verizon or
When at&t cable shades time Warner.

Well SH will not only argue ABU FYI, plus ABU is still shaddy

This is why I said you're unintelligent.

You're talking about criminal offenses in a civil case. In America he isn't going to criminal court because he can't realistically charge Sowore with anything severe.

For the last time, he is suing Sowore and SR for defamation in civil court.

That has nothing to do with criminal charges. This lawsuit only has to do with financial.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by PROPHETmichael: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
The reason he went to court was because Sahara reporters claimed he didn't graduate from ABU; Havard case was later added by Sahara having failed in ABU case.
Re: Omoyele Sowore Reacts To Dino Melaye Coming To Sue Him In New York by bluecircle470: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2017
Anybody wey know Dino mama shud call d mother to talk to his son in d language dat he hears

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donald Duke And Wife Their Monster Bike At Calabar Bikers Carnival (Photos) / Labour Party Wins Presidential Villa Polling Unit / Photos Of Sunday Igboho After His Release From Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.