Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures (1467 Views)

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / 10 Acres Of Fertile Farmland ( With Stream For Sale) N60,000/acre SOLD / More than 100 Acres Of Fertile Farm Land In Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2017
When next you're choosing a land for farming, lookout for these tell-tale signs.
Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 9:53pm On Mar 28, 2017
1. Luxurious Growing Vegerations.
The plants growing on the land would be vigorous and dark green in color. Also the vegetation would be dominated by broad leaf plants.

1 Like

Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 10:01pm On Mar 28, 2017
2. Presence of Earthworm Cast.

Earthworms are farmers best friend. They help mix the soil, transfer nutrients bellow to the surface of the soil and help in decomposition.

Earthworm cast signifies lots of earthworm activities and it's one of the strongest indicators that the soil is very fertile.

Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 10:10pm On Mar 28, 2017
3. Presence of Lots of Organic Matter

Organic matter are plant and animal materials in different stages of decomposition. Organic matter are store houses of plant nutrients and they are excellent soil amendments.

Organic matter (particularly humus) is responsible for the dark color of fertile soil.

Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 10:18pm On Mar 28, 2017
4. Absence of Nutrients Deficiency symptoms

When a soil lacks one or two nutrients, the plants growing on the soil shows some signs. Examples are yellow leaves and stunted growth.

Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 10:23pm On Mar 28, 2017
5. The land History.

The locals mostly knows the part of the community where the lands are fertile and the parts that are not. Discussing with one can be very beneficial.

Look my son, that land over there is very fertile.

1 Like

Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Kalusam(m): 4:47pm On May 26, 2017
I totally agree with your assertions above.
Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Ndbc(m): 8:11pm On May 29, 2017
I'm following up with keen interest.. you are making sense, well-done sir
Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Ndbc(m): 8:14pm On May 29, 2017
Agritech:
3. Presence of Lots of Organic Matter

Organic matter are plant and animal materials in different stages of decomposition. Organic matter are store houses of plant nutrients and they are excellent soil amendments.

Organic matter (particularly humus) is responsible for the dark color of fertile soil.

I think mine is both the Living and the Dead.
Re: Tell-tale Signs The Land Is Fertile, With Pictures by Agritech(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ndbc:

I think mine is both the Living and the Dead.
Through, but the dead part fraction of the soil nutrients.

(1) (Reply)

Soursop, Pineapple Suckers, Cashew , Oilpalm, Citru / Matured And Healthy Donkeys Wanted In Large Quantity (200) Per Day / No More Excuse In 2019, Own A Fly Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.