Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (27058 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / "I Named My Granddaughter Chimamanda" Spanish Fan Tells Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by iPopAlomo(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2017
metallisc:

don't mind people that have no understanding of what 'creative license' is all about. these days, every harry dick and theresa with access to social media is now an expert on topics they know nothing about... i can bet my left nut that most of the comments are coming from people that have not read any novel or literary work in the past ten years, not to talk of adichie's books and the very one she is promoting in particular! undecided undecided

Raise the stakes... bet with your life...?!!! undecided
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by metallisc(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Raise the stakes... bet with your life...?!!! undecided

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by MNDY(m): 9:47am On Mar 29, 2017
Anti-marriage? The Independent Woman? Is that what she intends to advocate in the book? This woman has God to contend with on this one.
~
You see why this Feminism issue is a very problematic one? Why and how did Feminism even emerge in the first place? Nobody is denying women of their rights. A firm, bold and determined woman always asserts her rights anyday, anytime.
~
It is the weak ones who are denied their rights, men and women alike. So, what's all the fuss about Feminism abeg?
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by iPopAlomo(m): 9:50am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Oga you are typing rubbish; but you are you proud in foolishness to admit it.
Is it a coincidence that most countries that supress women are backward countries?
Angela Merkel is a feminist, used to be a hippie, is the most powerful woman in the world today, yet is happily married.

What that shows you is that indeed, feminism and Family relations between husband and wife, even tho they are not completely mutually exclusive, are on different lanes

Did she tell you herself...?!!! is Hillary Clinton to a feminists... you'll say whatever to tip over an argument... marafecker...

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 29, 2017
eduevolutionnow:
Gosh, Am sure 99% of those cementing have not read the book, how are we sure they would even buy the book? See them hyperventilating as if they even read her last book.
every comment up there sounds assured and reeks of intelligence, it all shows those people are avid followers of Chima. Hard to say the same about this one.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 29, 2017
crunchyg:
This Chiwetalagu or Chimamanda I can see you have lost it all since you went to America, both your brain, culture etc but I no blame you shall, na ur parents I blame
you sound like you feel you are half as intelligent as she is...
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 9:56am On Mar 29, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Did she tell you herself...?!!! is Hillary Clinton to a feminists... you'll say whatever to tip over an argument... marafecker...

You obviously don't know much about Merkel.
She was (still is) a feminist and was also a hippie in her youth. You know who hippies were back then right?

I don't know about Hilary, but I know of Merkel.

Germany is the one of the most feminist countries that there is, they are even more feminist driven than the United States, yet, even tho divorce rates exists, there are many strong families and marriages there.

You guys are just scared that's all.
Beneath all the noise is fear.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2017
ItalianWine:
All the noise she's making is because she's outside Naija, or else that her book or herself would not see daylight here.
Lol taking pride in the fact that, in this part of the world, we don't read
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2017
yemimajid:
Don't mind them

Taking pride in wilful ignorance
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ItalianWine(f): 10:03am On Mar 29, 2017
yemimajid:

Biko, is not about not being readers, what is there to read on idealising feminism?

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ElSherriff: 10:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Another ignoramus spotted. For what its worth, my woman is distinguished in her career and one of the brightest prospects on her job. She leaves are 'toiling' garment in her office and still washes my clothes and does her share of house chores. That is not 'using' her and she has never for once made me out as anti feminist. And to answer you directly, I wont survive a month with the house chores...Baby sitting, cooking, doing her job and still waking up to pray for her family. Even if I could do, Id still not be able to lose blood every month, go through hormonal changes and then have to be pregnant and still go to work.

The point is not to be the sisi, the point is to respect the woman for what she is capable of doing. I do my role perfectly well, she does hers which is much more than she is expected to do. Mr. Macho, you either get the point or keep being Mr. Macho, if it works for you, enjoy, but I am very very sure, your Bae stands up to you more often than not. My approach has worked fine for me thus far.
iPopAlomo:

Another woman wrapper spotted...

let me make it easy for you since you want to be so much a sisi... quit your job and let her toil alone since she's more superior to you... you be the stay at home father with the children... if she's still with you within a year... not fooling around... you're the real mvp...

A man has his role... A woman her role... the day you make her take over your role... you cease being a man... you've lost your purpose... and you are useless...
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by comrChris(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2017
ElSherriff:
In the scripture you talk about, the demand on women is to submit themselves unto their husbands as to the Lord...reading further down that scripture passage, the bible says the man must love his wife as Christ loves his church...implication is that the man must love the wife to the extent of dying for her because that is the extent of Christ's love for his church. So as a man, in addition to toiling, you must love your wife to even dying for her...remember, the scripture did not place this exact demand on the woman (Eph. 5 22-33), as earlier mentioned, whether the woman toils or not, you are responsible for her, you must love her to the death-according to the scriptures and because God is a master creator, he has wired the normal woman to become loyal and a appreciative of this. When you get a woman who equally toils as much as you do, the least of your worries should be 'feminism', 'equality' or unending demand for 'loyalty'.

Barack Obama (who is one of the greatest men of recent history) is quoted as saying he does'nt even consider his wife equal, he considers her superior and my world, do you doubt Michelle's submissiveness and loyalty

With a display of a woman's 'superiority' you earn a godlike figure in her eyes, whereas when you make her sub par, bro, she will keep striving to outgun you because she has superior convincing power. And that my friend is where the world has coined 'feminism' from.

no matter how hard you guys try you cannot change a God given structure, the day you start acting inferior to your wife that day you are gone, using Obama who is a politician and can say anything to win the heart of women as a case study is totally out of it,.
you see many people misinterpret scripture,saying what scripture didn't say and trying to force scripture to do what it's not suppose to do, l never said men should not love they wives as scripture said,what l pointed out is the fact that women believes that any man that cannot meet up to his responsibilities of giving the wife everything she needs should not be respected, we have seen it over and over again where women do so many silly things just because the man lost his job and things became a little hard. bring a man and a woman together to reason it won't take you so much time to know who is better or superior. Myles Munroe said women are incubators, acceptors and this alone which will be hard to change makes them not equal to men.

like l said l respect every woman but do much more better to the few wise ones among them

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:12am On Mar 29, 2017
ElSherriff:
Another ignoramus spotted. For what its worth, my woman is distinguished in her career and one of the brightest prospects on her job. She leaves are 'toiling' garment in her office and still washes my clothes and does her share of house chores. That is not 'using' her and she has never for once made me out as anti feminist. And to answer you directly, I wont survive a month with the house chores...Baby sitting, cooking, doing her job and still waking up to pray for her family. Even if I could do, Id still not be able to lose blood every month, go through hormonal changes and then have to be pregnant and still go to work.

The point is not to be the sisi, the point is to respect the woman for what she is capable of doing. I do my role perfectly well, she does hers which is much more than she is expected to do. Mr. Macho, you either get the point or keep being Mr. Macho, if it works for you, enjoy, but I am very very sure, your Bae stands up to you more often than not. My approach has worked fine for me thus far.

Wow

You really love that your girl o

That's very nice

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by pryme(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2017
No right thinking woman will buy into feminism, but what do I know.....
The world is filled with fools.

2 Likes

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2017
ItalianWine:

Biko, is not about not being readers, what is there to read on idealising feminism?
Chima is someone I respect a lot, judging by her previous works, but not meaning to get into the feminism stuff (lol because I'm an African man), I think if truly her version of feminism is about the idea that all humans, male and female, should have equal political, economic and social rights, then I think that idea should not be ridiculed. Empowering women shouldn't necessary mean the author is belittling men...
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:23am On Mar 29, 2017
yemimajid:
Chima is someone I respect a lot, judging by her previous works, but not meaning to get into the feminism stuff (lol because I'm an African man), I think if truly her version of feminism is about the idea that all humans, male and female, should have equal political, economic and social rights, then I think that idea should not be ridiculed. Empowering women shouldn't necessary mean the author is belittling men...

Thank you o
I don't know what is there to be scared of with what you wrote up there
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by DieuDonee(m): 10:24am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

How does it destroy the family structure again

The family structure in Nigeria for centuries has always been a scam, and the thing did not collapse because women bore the brunt, and we're supposed to keep mum, while The man does whatever dumb shit that comes to his mind

Across Nigeria, there has been millions of women thrown out of their homes that they laboured to build with their husband for stupid reasons, such as

inability to bear a male child (which the man determines Anyways undecided
Mother in law wahala
Baseless accusation etc

Men beating the hell out of their wives was also widespread, and cheating the woman out of inheritance that is due to her was also common, as the husbands family will deal a deadly blow to her in that respect, and its double tragedy because she is not entitled to anything from her father's place, so she is left to suffer with her kids, I see all these scenarios play out all the time over the course of my existence.

What about the man sleeping around, putting the wife at risk of disease because the foolish man is doing all that unprotected?

Go to some federal hospitals and see how some pregnant women faint on finding out that they are hiv positive courtesy of a Randy he goat they call husband

Does this look like a proper family structure to you?
And you cannot lie that these rubbish things are not happening on a large scale in Nigeria

I'm a man, but I'm not scared of feminism because of I see it for what it truly is (equal rights for BOTH men and women)
not subjugation of men, or annihilation.

On a parting note, if you are a good husband to your wife, you will not be scared of anything, because the woman will know, and you have a loyal and faithful wife who will fight for you till her dying breath.
No smart woman throws a good man away (how many dey market sef undecided)

That's it

I smell fish
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2017
DieuDonee:

I smell fish
Come on.... That was a typographical error... I meant were, as past tense, but the auto corect changed it to We're.
Do people still lie about their gender tho undecided
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:36am On Mar 29, 2017
DieuDonee:

I smell fish
Come on.... That was a typographical error... I meant were, as past tense, but the auto corect changed it to We're.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Eutaxy: 10:37am On Mar 29, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Another woman wrapper spotted...

let me make it easy for you since you want to be so much a sisi... quit your job and let her toil alone since she's more superior to you... you be the stay at home father with the children... if she's still with you within a year... not fooling around... you're the real mvp...

A man has his role... A woman her role... the day you make her take over your role... you cease being a man... you've lost your purpose... and you are useless...

Respect Sir!!!

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ElSherriff: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2017
Read that scripture passage again, word for word, do not imply anything, do not translate anything...youd see some parts that go thus:

Eph. 5: 28-30.

So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

That was what I referred you to. If you love your wife as your body, I wonder why you will walk around feeling superior, larger, bigger, greater, higher (these are the synonyms of superior). And yes, a good man is not known by how he treats his wife alone, he is known by how he treats the female folk, it filters through to how he treats his daughters too, cos you sound like one who will think the son is superior to the daughter.

Finally, if you feel your babe, mother, sister and aunts are inferior, ignore this comment, if you feel they should be treated as equal to you, keep commenting. My point has been made Mr. Macho

comrChris:
no matter how hard you guys try you cannot change a God given structure, the day you start acting inferior to your wife that day you are gone, using Obama who is a politician and can say anything to win the heart of women as a case study is totally out of it,.
you see many people misinterpret scripture,saying what scripture didn't say and trying to force scripture to do what it's not suppose to do, l never said men should not love they wives as scripture said,what l pointed out is the fact that women believes that any man that cannot meet up to his responsibilities of giving the wife everything she needs should not be respected, we have seen it over and over again where women do so many silly things just because the man lost his job and things became a little hard. bring a man and a woman together to reason it won't take you so much time to know who is better or superior. Myles Munroe said women are incubators, acceptors and this alone which will be hard to change makes them not equal to men.

like l said l respect every woman but do much more better to the few wise ones among them
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by goodnews777: 10:45am On Mar 29, 2017
This chimamanda is another nigerian lost soul. Fame if not tamed breeds shame. I see the devil laying hands on her already.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ElSherriff: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2017
Yes, Obama is a politician, just like Donald Trump, they both became American Presidents, one made his wife superior, the other made women look inferior, we all know who the BETTER man is, no politics, just objectivity.

comrChris:

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by iPopAlomo(m): 10:49am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

You obviously don't know much about Merkel.
She was (still is) a feminist and was also a hippie in her youth. You know who hippies were back then right?

I don't know about Hilary, but I know of Merkel.

Germany is the one of the most feminist countries that there is, they are even more feminist driven than the United States, yet, even tho divorce rates exists, there are many strong families and marriages there.

You guys are just scared that's all.
Beneath all the noise is fear.

Enlighten yourself brah... sis... grin

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskFeminists/comments/304dk7/what_is_feminists_opinion_about_angela_merkel_as/

Angela Merkel is no feminists...

This reddit article: Page on reddit.com explains that as she is more conservative, her views on feminism are lessened. Merkel herself has claimed she cannot class herself as feminist as it would be 'offensive.'

If by the time you finish reading that article... you need to apologise to every one you've sold that lie...

Fucking Hell... you're a woman... hahaha...

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 10:58am On Mar 29, 2017
iPopAlomo:

Enlighten yourself brah...

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskFeminists/comments/304dk7/what_is_feminists_opinion_about_angela_merkel_as/

Angela Merkel is no feminists...

This reddit article: Page on reddit.com explains that as she is more conservative, her views on feminism are lessened. Merkel herself has claimed she cannot class herself as feminist as it would be 'offensive.'

If by the time you finish reading that article... you need to apologise to every one you've sold that lie...

Fucking Hell... you're a woman... hahaha...

How can I be a woman?
Because I sympathize with them?

Come on!

And I did not tell no lie
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by DieuDonee(m): 11:01am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Come on....
That was a typographical error...
I meant were, as past tense, but the auto corect changed it to We're.

I'm sorry
Im just kidding about
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by iPopAlomo(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

How can I be a woman?
Because I sympathize with them?

Come on!

And I did not tell no lie

Aunty... go and read that article... then come back and apologise... simple...

you're a feminists and you're scared of using f on your moniker... even identifying as a male... welcome to a man's world... we don't lick asses... peace!!!
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by mokkalu1(m): 11:05am On Mar 29, 2017
Why e come be say na the screenshot of my comment you see first? Anyway, Adichie knows better, she de only use some people head
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2017
Alomo popper
Read these links...

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/german-chancellor-angela-merkel-last-feminist-leader-standing/

www.telegraph.co.uk/women/womens-politics/11651033/Angela-Merkel-Germanys-Chancellor-is-finally-having-a-feminist-moment.html

Although she is a more balanced feminist than some extremists.
She is all for Men and women rights, which is a cardinal point of feminism.
I am not a woman o pls
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 11:10am On Mar 29, 2017
DieuDonee:

I'm sorry Im just kidding about
It's fine cheesy grin
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by mokkalu1(m): 11:15am On Mar 29, 2017
wayne4loan:
Stand for what u believe .... Adichie is a feminist and I knew she will never compromise her stand.

Trust me, Adichie is compromise personified. In a bid to sell in the western world, she compromised her faith, culture, and tradition. I like most of her works, but I see beyond her views.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Masterclass32: 11:22am On Mar 29, 2017
That guy, Nnamani Chikezie, said the undiluted truth. That's part of the agenda behind this feminist sh!t.

And fail they will.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With Velvet Gloves. / Diary Of A Playboy (18+) / My Handsome Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.