Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. (27057 Views)

James Adichie Is Dead! Father Of Chimamanda Adichie Dies / Chimamanda Adichie Poses In Her Hometown In Abba, Anambra State / "I Named My Granddaughter Chimamanda" Spanish Fan Tells Chimamanda Adichie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ItalianWine(f): 11:27am On Mar 29, 2017
yemimajid:
Chima is someone I respect a lot, judging by her previous works, but not meaning to get into the feminism stuff (lol because I'm an African man), I think if truly her version of feminism is about the idea that all humans, male and female, should have equal political, economic and social rights, then I think that idea should not be ridiculed. Empowering women shouldn't necessary mean the author is belittling men...

Making us equal to man is dehumanising women and to belittle the roles assigned to man and woman by its creator.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2017
DieuDonee:

I'm sorry Im just kidding about
It's fine cheesy grin
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by willibounce1(m): 11:39am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Oga you are typing rubbish; but you are you proud in foolishness to admit it.
Is it a coincidence that most countries that supress women are backward countries?
Angela Merkel is a feminist, used to be a hippie, is the most powerful woman in the world today, yet is happily married.

What that shows you is that indeed, feminism and Family relations between husband and wife, even tho they are not completely mutually exclusive, are on different lanes

What exactly are you on about? Where in my comments did you read about suppressing women. I just said the obvious. Women can't and will never be equal to men, though they can achieve and attain any height they desire. I have told you it is not compulsory to quote people if you don't have anything to type. Just look how you are embarrassing yourself and getting angry over nothing
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by crunchyg: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2017
yemimajid:
you sound like you feel you are half as intelligent as she is...
Oga if I sound you, you gerrout of here immediately
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nofuckgiven: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

Kai!
I can't believe that I agree whole heartedly with you

A lot of men talking here don't know what feminism is all about (equal rights and opportunities for both genders)

Beneath all that noise they are making is fear, fear that they will lose their hold/power that the cultural inclinations here has made them believe that they have, and it's their God given right .

But sorry guys, the cultural attitudes are changing real quick, and in 20-25 years time, things will not be the same as they are now, with women having greater control over themselves, and their choices.

Unfortunately for you all, your noise cannot change it.
For once,you have spoken like a real man cool

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by CellTabRepairs: 12:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
She is being goaded on to the wrong path. She is a danger to herself until one day, ...just one day her hypocrisy will bring her down on a global scale where she will expose herself in double speak...saying one thing and doing another
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by chiraqDemon(m): 12:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
These feminists de mad
They claim to fight for equality but they want more right than men

If a man shiuld slab a eoman u will see all of them but when a woman assaults a man, pours acid on him etc they will be quiet

Abeg masculinity 4ever afterall na men work pass na them suppose benefit pass: law of equality
Work is directly proportional to pay
More work more benefit
If they want to have equal right they should take on equal physical and mental work
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Basic123: 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
To me,when I see a feminist,I see someone with low I.Q,if its a female,selfish and poor judgement sense.

The following sayings are popular and atimes strictly adhere to
-women first
-women always right
-what a man can do a woman can do better
-Behind every successful man there must be a woman
-Never raise your hand woman

I've yet to see any parlance that gives preference for men yet they are shouting inequality.By the way,nature programmed the current status quo the way its and it can never be altered by human beings.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

You see, you are the one missing it.

I have been saying it that feminists have been fighting for equal rights for men and women, and you told me that I failed to draw the line between feminism and the same rights they are fighting for....

It's all about the rights

It is feminist movements world wide that gave rights such as voting, reproductive rights, owning property and many more to women,, a feat that was unthinkable a century ago.

But many of you men don't have an idea about feminism, all you erroneously see is a bunch of women wanting to usurp the "God given rights" of men to be at the top and things like that

You must be naive to think that modern day feminism is all about gender equality.
They want more
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You must be naive to think that modern day feminism is all about gender equality.
They want more

Since you know the more that they want, why don't you list it here and "educate" me
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Ugosample(m): 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Basic123:
To me,when I see a feminist,I see someone with low I.Q,if its a female,selfish and poor judgement sense.

The following sayings are popular and atimes strictly adhere to
-women first
-women always right
-what a man can do a woman can do better
-Behind every successful man there must be a woman
-Never raise your hand woman

I've yet to see any parlance that gives preference for men yet they are shouting inequality.By the way,nature programmed the current status quo the way its and it can never be altered by human beings.

There is a saying that trumps all you have said up there

You want to hear it

It's a man's world grin cheesy tongue

How about that? grin
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by ImaMmakara(f): 1:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
chimanmada I see u, I concur on feminism..... When I read comments about feminism movement, it saddens my heart when I see women also abusing her. Feminism was meant to give women their right to be humans, a voice to be heard and not to fight with the men folks.
Well I don't blame some of them, they have been turned to slaves by their husbands hence the negative comments. Every individual has the right to he/her own opinion. If you don't like feminism you let it be.
I don't blame the men at all, who doesn't like comfort. They will alway tell u its a man's world, that's why am not surprised at most of them being against it. Who no like good thing.
This is the 21st century. My level of education has given me the right to choose the path I want. Yes I have that right. Some of our culture should be discarded by now. Women should be heard. Domestic violence should be eradicated.

P. S if you want to quote me u are free.. I will reply when I come online. Whether positive or negative u r free to do so.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by PrettyGaby(f): 1:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
and most of them probably haven't read the book. Truth is people have different definitions of feminism, different ideas of what they think it says, what they think it should be. so, it is always going to be somewhat a bone of contention.
She probably isn't saying women should be like men or some such nonsense. it isn't about 'gender equality'. men are different from women. 'Equality' shouldn't be used when talking about two things that aren't the same. It is more about gender equity, giving people same opportunities in life, irrespective of whether they have a phallus or labia; not having a particular gender live at a disadvantage.
We can run our mouths from now till next year, and that book will probably still sell.
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by SNOWCREAM(m): 1:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
JustinSlayer69:
True feminist she is...

Unlike our Nairaland feminist Rambos who watch too many Oprah Winfrey shows & Telemundo

They are single / too young / run whenever they hear the deep voice of their husbands.

Na online dem dey form warriors. tongue

If you like no do laundry, no cook for your husband for Africa... Girls queue to get husbands (good / bad). This is sad but true

PS - The book would sell by the way.... Feminism is better appreciated in the West.
Lemme help you call one of them

ItsQuinn grin
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 29, 2017
I stopped taking Chimamnda serious a long time ago. She says and thinks a lot of crap. Don't let's even talk abt man and woman responsibilities. Even the America that she is coming from or trying to emulate they are right now in a far worse situation.

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Basic123: 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
Ugosample:

There is a saying that trumps all you have said up there

You want to hear it

It's a man's world grin cheesy tongue

How about that? grin

I only hear the girls rock the world.Even beyonce turned it to song.We rock the world ehn ehn...we rock the fvcka...
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Codes151(m): 10:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
coolsegun2002:

Everything isn't about sexx....but this time I think I agree with you on this one..
my guy!!!
Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by junnyjake(m): 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2017
mokkalu1:
Why e come be say na the screenshot of my comment you see first? Anyway, Adichie knows better, she de only use some people head

Boss, na you? Never knew you were a nairalander as well, I had to put yours first, because I totally agree with you. But on a serious note, your comment was spot on, you can see people gushing over it on here.

respect man!

1 Like

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by mrcharly003: 4:04pm On Apr 08, 2017
the fastest means of solving your financial problem, see details below.

Re: Your Book, Dear Ijeawele Is Dead On Arrival. Fan Tells Chimamanda On Facebook. by Sholaye04: 8:01am On Mar 03, 2018
Omg shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With Velvet Gloves. / Diary Of A Playboy (18+) / My Handsome Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.