Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,427 members, 7,830,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (64379 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by deomello: 4:15pm On Mar 31, 2017
TexasR:

Stop playing with words my friend.They can summon him period.Subpoena or bench warrant are all to the same end result of having him appear before them.
Did they tell you that he was invited to answer questions pertaining to the running of the glorified committee he is heading Or did the loudmouth tell you that he spoke on behalf of the so-called PAC So as far as he is a Nigerian, the parliament of the people can make him appear before them ; whether you call it summon, bench warrant or subpoena is just pure splitting of hairs

There is no blanket authority in the constitution that says the Senate can summon any Nigerian beyond their scope of responsibilities.

Freedom of speech and expression is a constitutionally granted rights and it's not subject to any oversight unless you have your own special constitution that says freedom of speech and expression is part of Senate oversight according to the Nigerian constitution.

We've covered this ground before all the way to the supreme Court where same issue was settlled against the Nigerian Senate.

You can not substitute.your own word of mouth with the Nigerian beyond constitution or vise versa.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by YesBwoss: 7:58am On Apr 09, 2017
Daboomb:

Thank you for bringing this to the fore.

This Senators think they have suddenly become gods!
They think they can Probate and Reprobate, acting as Prosecutor and Judge at the same time.
They dont even seem to understand the simplest of the Principles of Separation of Power, .....and they call themselves "Lawmakers"!

This is why it is not good to elect 'dofus' as lawmakers

Imagine Criminals talking about INTEGRITY? shocked shocked

Laugh wan kill me sef.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Mocking Coronavirus At PDP Rally Before Testing Positive (Video / Boko Haram Fight Among Themselves In Madagali,30 Killed- V O A / Audu's Wife May Emerge As Deputy Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.