Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate (64270 Views)

Sowore: "You Owe Nigerians An Explanation’ – Sagay Tells DSS Over Re-arrest Of A / Complete All Ambode's Projects Before Starting New Ones, Sagay Tells Sanwo-olu / Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Buharimustgo: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development

As far as I am concerned he doesn't have any record or antecedent, he is only known as professor of impunity,for encouraging impunity in the executive arm,in the name of fighting corruption

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Reptyle(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
Below was my comment on an earlier thread on this same matter. It is a shame that the Nigerian Senate has allowed itself to be reduced to this crass level.

[b]"The role occupied by Professor Itse Sagay is not formally recognised by the constitution. He is at best a member of the President's "kitchen cabinet" who was appointed without any recourse to the legislature.

I doubt very much that the Senate has any legal right to invite him over a statement he can easily argue that he made in his personal capacity as a Nigerian citizen.

Like I said during the Hamidu Alli debacle, the Nigerian senate needs to pick its fight carefully. There is no need issuing ineffectual and pointless decrees and summons when it will only end up making itself look irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Itse Sagay might be a lot of things but one thing he has going for him is a deep knowledge of the Nigerian constitution both as a legal practitioner and a leading academic in that field. I can almost bet that he will be releasing a statement before the end of today trashing the senate's summon and upbraiding the hell out of them."[/b]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ztanleechima(m): 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
hmmm

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 29, 2017
ALAYORMII:
The Senate is fast becoming a joke

Buhari shot himself in the foot when he willingly or by mistake allowed the Senate to fall into the wrong hands

99.9% of the senators are fantastically corrupt

The remaining 0.1% are still corrupt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by eph123(f): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Boring news, federal government (APC & PDP members in the useless government) get to work and make things work, bring down the prices of essential commodities like bread, butter, yam, potatoes, rice, red oil, groundnut oil, kulikuli oil, suya, onions, amala, gbegiri, shaki, beef, goat meat, pepper, tomatoes, milk, eggs, cost of transportation, amala, semolina, semovita, isiewu, gulder, star, big stout, small stout, heineken, oha soup, ogbono soup, egusi, bitter leaf, kpomo, cow tail, alomo bitters, oshomo bitters, fanta, coke, sprite, this is what we want,

enough of all these useless bickering, according to keneking, useless government fighting over irrelevant issues while the masses are groaning in severe pains sad

Really irrelevant issues, whilst the average Nigerian is suffering like never before.

This change is really a reverse change, smh.

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by unitysheart(m): 4:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
ALAYORMII:
The Senate is fast becoming a joke

Buhari shot himself in the foot when he willingly or by mistake allowed the Senate to fall into the wrong hands

99.9% of the senators are fantastically corrupt

The remaining 0.1% are still corrupt

You mean when he said "I belong to everybody"?

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
cktheluckyman:

Very well, there will be further confirmation of any executive nominees by the Senate, hence no new appointment by buhari until this "yeye" Senate is appeased

That will be funny because the executive can also hold them by the balls by not releasing funds... since they have decided not to do their constitutional duties wink

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Chibokgame: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
This Is Becoming Interesting . So One Man Is Now Bigger Than The Whole Senate . I Am Watching
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by MrTypist: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
I thought he was going to run to them just the way ABU Vice Chancellor ran to the senate ethics committee the other day to testify and make false declaration. He even gave his personal ceremonial gown to Dino in appreciation for the bank alert.

8 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by 1009ja: 4:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
I believe the current senate under Bukola Saraki is nothing but a collection of looters of their states and secondary school dropouts. Go down the list and you are instantly convinced. Now, I await my summons. Who is the ethics committee chairman? Senator Anyanwu. A Yahoo yahoo boy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Emmahunk(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

that does not mean he will insults an arm of government

If an arm of government derails in the execution of it's duties, it is only right it should be called to order.
In this case, the Prof did just that by referring them to the provisions of the constitution .So what's the insult?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by distilledwalex(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
kingivie:
A dark day for democracy.

#isbuharidead
So you want buhari intervention ba? After all Na una go say hes not democratic enough. .

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2017
Dejijossy:
May you live long PROF!

I wish they summon Oby Ez they would have received a shock of their live

They won't grin she is not receiving salary from the govt and so they have no hold on her!
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by timota(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
arewafederation:
How do you expect a Senate filled with crooks,illiterates, and certificate forgers to understand the law?
buhari is without o level certificate he can't even forge one only bribed a judge with 500 000 to cover him .who is worse

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by famology(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Lols... dis 8th senate has run mad!

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
AuroraB:
What's with the 'summon by senate' lately? Perhaps we should expect them to summon PMB to give them his plans for za oza room as he's still recuperating cheesy
These jokers has got a lot of time on their hands, I repeat angry. This has to stop angry grin

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by 3283Abokination(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Av U Lost Ur Sense Of Thinking
An Aim Of Govt Dat Has Lost His Respect? Or D Aim Of Govt Who Av Put Self Interest Above D Citizen He Represent Or Wat

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Emassive(m): 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
Oga sit down. That Itsekiri sell out is a slowpoke and he should be summoned to appear as I don't care if the senate is a rogue because the majority put them all in that house. My own is the reputation of the Senate itself and not the rogues called Senators

janefarms2015:

Who is ordinary office clerk? Do you know the position he occupies? Do you know this erudite professor's records and antecedents? No lawyer or any honest Nigerian who is matured enough in age and intellect will not respect this man's view on issues of national development
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by blackpanda: 4:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:
insubordination will crush this government

imagine ordinary office clerk saying board of directors can not summon him

let's attack the individual and respect the institution

It is a pity that many people are still laboring under the delusions of the military regime
For your info, we are in a democracy and you can't force anybody to do anything. National assembly is not a court of law. If they feel satay trampled on their rights, then they should go to court and Sue.

Every Nigerian has a right to freedom of speech

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by ExInferis(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
spartan117:
Why are all of Buhari’s appointees displaying unnecessary ego it must be flowing 4rm d top.
See as he face worwor angry

Recently the US congress revoked a provision that prevented telecoms companies from selling user data to third parties.

People are vocal in the media accusing the congressmen of being bought off. Individual names of members and the amounts supposedly contributed to their PACs are being bandied about.

The US assembly has not summoned anyone.

Congressmen and senators are daily acccused of corruption by combative constituents in town halls. So far no one has been summoned.

Why should our assembly be different?

Freedom of speech guarantees me the right to speak my mind about any public figure.

Nass is an assembly of thieves, mediocres, rogues, illiterates, scallywags, buffoons, kleotomaniacs, greedy barons, criminals, convicts, and terrorists.

Let any bastard senator say I've infringed his right.

Bunch of childish clowns.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by olamilekside2: 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Era of summon
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by distilledwalex(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
janefarms2015:

You dey mimd paulDUMBo
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by enigma2007(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2017
Chibokgame:
This Is Becoming Interesting . So One Man Is Now Bigger Than The Whole Senate . I Am Watching

At all.. He simply referred them to the document (Nigerian constitution) that they are supposed to know by heart..

He should school them very well.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Masculity:
Imagine inviting SAN.

How there you.

How DARE*** you?

3 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by arewafederation: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
timota:
buhari is without o level certificate he can't even forge one only bribed a judge with 500 000 to cover him .who is worse

undecided
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AuroraB(f): 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by AngelicBeing: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2017
eph123:

Really irrelevant issues, whilst the average Nigerian is suffering like never before.

This change is really a reverse change, smh.
l taya for this useless government, l expect them to be summoning price control boards & everything and anything to do with bringing down the prices of goods and services but rather it is Saraki jeep, Dino, Certificates, Sagay, uniform of customs they are busy talking about , no serious bills to address the high cost of living, what kind of useless politicians we have in Nigeria, na wao sad

2 Likes

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by timota(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
enigma2007:

That will be funny because the executive can also hold them by the balls by not releasing funds... since they have decided not to do their constitutional duties wink
And the senate can impeach the president rem that

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by qleap2all(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

Thank God you are yet a baby while Gani Fawehinmi, Fela use to lambasts d govt sere sere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Fourwinds: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
pauljumbo:

do u know dat we have idiots in d Senate..... tell me how many things they have achieved this year...the stupid idiots can easily pass bills to increase their allowance but if it has to do with d good of d country u see d foolish Senators foot dragging....

they are all useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
Simple! He has chosen not to be intimidated. Abi nor be so? O 'kare o baba mi. Olorun a wa pelu yin

1 Like

Re: You Have No Power To Summon Me, Sagay Tells Senate by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2017
spartan117:
Why are all of Buhari’s appointees displaying unnecessary ego it must be flowing 4rm d top.
See as he face worwor angry
Its not appointees's fault.

The same styles they used deceiving zombies/gullible ones with peanuts, are the kind executive and appointees using.

See the faults below

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Amaechi Lands In Rivers In Style Following Wike's Election Verdict (Photos) / This Nigerian Soldier Died Giving His Life For His Comrades .photo / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.