Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

I'm Back - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Back (643 Views)

Italian Doctor After Covid 19 : I Was Atheist Before But Now I'm Back To God / Hi Nairalanders, I'm Back / I'm Back Again - Everyone Get In Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Back by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
Well. This section is no longer as fun-filled as it used to be. Heated debates were the trends of this section but all I see now are hate filled threads... Sensible threads are converted to insult threads. Immaturity and pettiness are now the order of this section... I am usually greeted with "my grandmother is a witch" kind of threads or "men of God are liars blah blah" . Hope to revive the spirit and aura of intellectuality that once invigorated this section. People with the likes of johnydon22 donnffd MrMontella and ValentineMary need to start posting frequently... theists who are matured should also post frequently without using religious books as support except something needs to be cleared about a particular verse.....

I have been watching from the sides without participating..... Hope to be a full participant again.
Re: I'm Back by orunto27: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2017
Welcome back.
Re: I'm Back by johnydon22(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2017
i am back too, lets rock this place one more time..... for the new comers of this section feel free to snoop around our profile and check the threads we have already treated here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Back by hahn(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2017
I have always been here o and as usual theists keep coming with ridiculous explanations for their beliefs while god is still playing hide and seek grin
Re: I'm Back by DeSepiero(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2017
Where is Hopefullandlord, Kingebukasblog, Sonoflucifer, Hardmirror, Winner01?
Re: I'm Back by hopefulLandlord: 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2017
DeSepiero:
Where is Hopefullandlord?
I'm here

its the theists that have been getting whooped all around the place these days

their threads have gone down in quality as what we now see from them are trolling and strawman threads like

"Atheists should prove god doesn't exist"

"atheists should prove atheism is not illogical"

"god never ordered genocide in the bible, atheists are just not understanding the context"

and the most bizarre these days is theists abandoning theism when cornered and arguing for deism alone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Back by Wilgrea7(m): 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
Truth is... nl religious section has lost its vibe.. and the level of immaturity has increased... lets hope it gets better
Re: I'm Back by DeSepiero(m): 5:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I'm here

its the theists that have been getting whooped all around the place these days

their threads have gone down in quality as what we now see from them are trolling and strawman threads like

"Atheists should prove god doesn't exist"

"atheists should prove atheism is not illogical"

"god never ordered genocide in the bible, atheists are just not understanding the context"

and the most bizarre these days is theists abandoning theism when cornered and arguing for deism alone

True!

I've observed all the aforementioned too. I skim through the religion page once in a while and find no interesting threads (I just hope the Suleman-Otobo saga ends soon enough). I think our arguments with them have greatly reduced their religiousity hence they take up alternate monikers and side with deistic ideologies.

Some others are still delusioned by the emotional blackmail of religion. The veil is gradually coming off their faces.
Re: I'm Back by johnydon22(m): 8:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
quite the complaining guys, let's get the page back on
Re: I'm Back by UyiIredia(m): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2017
You guys might want to try out Quora. Since it's an American based site the religious themes there are plenty and many are stimulating.
Re: I'm Back by johnydon22(m): 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2017
UyiIredia:
You guys might want to try out Quora. Since it's an American based site the religious themes there are plenty and many are stimulating.
lets stick with the Nigerian brand
Re: I'm Back by UyiIredia(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
johnydon22:
lets stick with the Nigerian brand

The Nigerian brand has issues and tbe owneris not solving them despite complaints. It's no news people complainabout the quality of the FP material. Many smart folks have quietly left the site.

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Christian Preachers Are Taking Undue Advantage Of The Populace / Varies Each Year / Meet South Africa Prophet Who Uses Insecticides To Heal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.